Chapter 3

Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life (Sweet Revenge)

PARK RIN NA'S POV

"Ok class! Take out your History book and turn to chapter 9. After reading, I want you to do a short write up on the chapter, like a short summary. When you finish, pass it to me and you can go for your lunch break after that." Ms Kim explained.

"HUH?! DOES THAT MEAN WE CAN LEAVE CLASS EARLY FOR LUNCH AFTER WE FINISH... STRAIGHT AWAY MS KIM?!" Taemin, one of my best guy friend shouted in excitement.

"You heard me right Mr Lee Taemin-nie!" Ms Kim laughed. Ms Kim is the only teacher in this school that doesn't give me any special treatment and I thank her for that plus, she's nice and caring unlike all the other hypocritical teachers in this school.

"ASSAH!" Taemin exclaimed. Taemin looked around, and then looked at me, blinking his cute smiley eyes.

"BO?!" I laughed.

"Rin Rin where's that ugly ?" Taemin asked me.

"Taeminnie!!! You know she has a name, and don't talk about Jiyeon like that!" I knocked his head with my pen.

"YAH! AISH!" Taemin rubbed his head and just shrugged.

"She's sick! Aihoo... Poor Jiji..." I looked down at my book. I miss Jiyeon...

"I HOPE SHE DIES FROM HER SICKNESS THEN! HAHAHA!" Taemin laughed out loud.

"YAH!!! AISH! YOU LITTLE PUNK!" I went to knock his head once more but this time with my stapler but Taemin was quick to dodge it.

"Anyway, eat with us during lunch then! I know how much you hate eating lunch alone without your stupid bff but with those fake girls!" Taemin pointed at the group of girls in front of us and scoffed at them.

"ASSAH! JINJA?! DAEBAK!" I clapped my hands in excitement.

"Psh! Look at you! You look like an ugly seal clapping your hands like that! You know you can sit with us anytime right Ms Park Rin Na. The only exception is that, that ugly can't come and join!" Taemin scoffed.

I just stucked out my tongue at him and we quickly finished up the task Ms Kim gave us all.

-----DURING LUNCH-----

Me and Taemin walked to the far end of the cafeteria where they would usually sit.

They, as in Key, Zelo, Taemin and Onew. Yup, they are my best guy friends but sadly they hate Jiyeon. They kept on telling me that Jiyeon is of bad influence but I refused to listen to them because well, I like Jiyeon and plus she's my bestfriend but none of them agree with me so I would only hang out with them after school or during lunch breaks when Jiyeon is either sick or nowhere to be found. Jiyeon has a habit of skipping classes and only coming back after lunch breaks. 

"OH! NOONA!" Zelo came up to hug me.

"Annyeong Zelo-ah!" I ruffled his hair and gave him a small peck on the cheeks.

"OMO! RIN RIN AEGY! YOU'RE HERE! DID YOU FINALLY REALISE HOW JIYEON IS A ?!" Key ran up to me and started jumping around me.

"YAH! OPPA!" I laughed, "Anniyo! Jiyeon is sick and Taemin asked me to join!".

"Aish... Rin Rin ah when are you going to leave that for good? Trust us, she's evil!" Key looked at me sadly and brushed my fringe to side and tidy it up behind my ears. Key is like the Umma to us 4. Zelo is the maknae, Taemin and me are of the same age, Key is the second oldest and the oldest is Onew who right now is currently eating his chicken like a pig.

"YAH! OPPA! SLOW DOWN OR YOU'LL CHOKE!" I gave Onew my water bottle and he quickly drank it.

"AIGOO! KAMSAMIDAH RINNIE!" Onew laughed as he ruffled my hair.

"Hehehe! Oppa! You look like a pabo now! Slow down on the chicken will you!" I laughed and the whole table burst out laughing at the sight of Onew. 

"Noona kajja! Let's go get lunch! I heard today they're selling Tiramisu! Your favourite!" Zelo exclaimed.

"Hahaha! Arrasoh!" I ruffled Zelo's hair and looked around for my sister, Ji Eun.

"Noona... Are you looking for... er... Jie Eun-sshi?" Zelo blushed when he said her name. I knew Zelo has a crush on my sister and I approve of that. The only problem is Zelo haven't confessed to Jie Eun and I am not really sure what Ji Eun thinks of Zelo since that kid is always with her books and mangas.

"Yup... Zelo-ah do you know where is she?" I smiled.

"Oh... She's at the library..." Zelo blushed even harded. I laughed at his tomato face.

"Ah... Ok... Kajja! Let's go grab lunch!" I took Zelo's hands and we walked to counter together.

We were joking and laughing around, jumping up and down when I accidentally knocked into someone and his plate of Aglio Olio and it dropped directly on top of my mini dress. 

"Omo! Mianhe..." I exclaimed since I was the one that knocked into that person.

"Tsk! Watch where you're going next time and stop acting cute jumping around!!!" that person shouted. I looked up in anger, I could recognise that voice. Jung Jinyoung... that ...

"YAH! EVEN SO I ALREADY APOLOGISED PLUS LOOK AT ME DRESS, IT HAS YOUR AGLIO OLIO GRAVY! STOP BEING MEAN!" i snapped at him.

"Whatever... Disgusting!" Jinyoung smirked and pushed me out of the way. I fell to ground and Zelo helped me up. Zelo was about to shout something when I stopped him.

"Gwenchanayo Zelo... Let him be..." I gave Zelo an assuring smile. "Zelo-ah Noona go get changed first alright? Could you be a dear and help get the Tiramisu for me instead?" I smiled at him once more. Thank God I have spare clothes in my locker. Phew...

"Ok... Noona, becareful!" Zelo looked at me, all worried. I just smiled and got out of the cafeteria. Again, people were looking but this time, instead of worshipping me like the Goddess they always do, they were laughing at me.

Whatever... Gwenchana Park Rin Na! Always look on the bright side of life! Hwaiting! I cheered myself up and went to my locker.

JUNG JINYOUNG'S POV

Ah..... Mianhe Rin Na... Jinyoung played with his food while he recall what happened just a few minutes ago. 

"Hyung! Why were you so mean to Rin Na?! You know she's the sweetest Queenka I ever know! She's humble, kind, sweet and very very cute! I like her Hyung!" Gongchan look at Jinyoung with his cheeks all puffed up.

Jinyoung just shrugged his shoulder.

"Yeah Jin! Why did you call her disgusting? It's ok if you didn't want to apologise but calling her disgusting... Isn't that too much?" C-NU lectured Jinyoung and again Jinyoung just shrugged his shoulder.

"HYUNG! SAY SOMETHING!" Baro and Sandeul shouted at the same time.

"AISH! SHIKIRYEO!" Jinyoung stood up and went out of the cafeteria.

You don't know guys... I don't hate Rin Na, in fact I like her but... but I can't... I just can't... Not when she caused Nicole Noona's death and little Nicole... Jinyoung looked down as he walked to the hallway. He had no idea where to go so he decided to just walk around the school when he saw Rin Na.

Jinyoung stepped back and hid behind one of the pillars as he eyed Rin Na.

"AH! THAT'S IT I SHALL JUST WEAR THIS!" Rin Na smiled and took out a dress, cardigan, a pink beanie and a black Dr Marten boots.

Jinyoung saw Rin Na walking in to the girls toilet.

Should I apologise...? Jinyoung got out from behind the pillar and was walking to and fro outside the toilet. Should I?

PARK RIN NA'S POV

I looked at myself in the mirror and looked at the state I was in. My minidress stinked of Aglio Olio gravy.

"I hate that Jinyoung... I wonder why he hates me so much... I have never talked to him before and since he's the Kingka of this school I thought we could be friends but when one day I said Hello, he looked at me with hatred in his eyes. Bo ya... Aish..." I talked to my reflection in the mirror. 

I went into the handicapped cubicle since it's bigger and changed my outfit. 

After changing I got out and looked at myself in the mirror. I straightened my beanie and my cardigan. 

"Wah! Thank God Bom Unnie told me to keep a spare outfit in my locker! Hehehe!" I smiled at myself and went out of the toilet to find Jung Jin Young walking to and fro,

"WHAT DO YOU WANT?! TO POUR MORE AGLIO OLIO GRAVY ON ME?!" I shouted at Jinyoung.

Jinyoung jumped, surprised to see me already outside the toilet.

"I... I..." even before Jinyoung could finish his sentence, I cut him off. 

"Shut the hell up Jinyoung! I don't know what's your problem with me! I have never done anything to you! I have never talk bad about you, insult you, bully you, tore your homework or did anything bad to you! I have never bullied or killed anyone before! I'm not a bad person!" I vented my anger and frustration at him. For the past 3 years in K High, he had always gave me cold shoulders and up till now I still have no idea why.

Suddenly Jinyoung looked at me in the eyes and I could see anger in his eyes. His eyes were burning with hatred.

"WHAT DID YOU SAY PARK RIN NA? NEVER BULLIED OR KILLED ANYONE BEFORE?! OH YEAH?!" Jinyoung took a step closer to me and gripped my wrist, hard. It hurts.

"Ouch!!! Let go! It hurts Jinyoung!" tears started forming in my eyes. I have never been treated this way before. Not even from my parents. I have always been a good child so I have never been punished or given any harsh treatment. I fear Jinyoung all of a sudden. This was my first time seeing him this way. Sure I did saw hatred and anger in his eyes on the 3rd month of school 3 years ago when I asked to be his friend but this time, he was really furious and I, I was very very afraid.

Suddenly, as if Jinyoung read my mind, he let go of my hands and ran off.

JUNG JINYOUNG'S POV

WHAT DID YOU SAY PARK RIN NA? NEVER BULLIED OR KILLED ANYONE BEFORE?! OH YEAH?!" I looked at her in disbelief. If only she knew what she did to Nicole Noona! I took a step closer to her and gripped her wrist hard. I looked at her in the eyes.

"Ouch!!! Let go! It hurts Jinyoung!" Rin Na sobbed. I could see tears slowly forming in her eyes, and I saw fear... Fear... It's like as though she's looking at monster. I looked at her and I felt guilt rushing through my veins. I quickly let her go and ran.

I ran to the garden and sat on the bench. I catched my breath and reflect on what I just did. This time, I felt even more pissed. I shouldn't have scare her that way... I looked up at the sky and closed my eyes. 

PARK RIN NA'S POV

I quickly made my way back to the cafeteria. 

"What took you so long Noona?" Zelo asked worriedly. The others looked at me worriedly too.

I just smile and shrugged.

"I was cleaning myself up." I gave out a fake smile.

"Are you sure?!" Taemin questioned me. 

"I heard what happened Rinnie! I AM I GOING TO KILL THAT JINYOUNG! I DON'T CARE IF HE'S BARO'S BEST FRIEND ALSO!" Key shouted, stabbing his steak,

I just laughed and assured them. "It's ok guys! I'm fine! And no Key Oppa, don't do that. I'm ok, really. Please, let's not make this matter worse." I smiled at them and they nod, reluctantly. 

*BOING BOING NEW MESSAGE BOING BOING* My ringtone rang. I looked at the message. It's from Jiyeon.

1247: Rin Rin ah, if you want to meet my boyfriend, come to Zico's house after school, we'll be there. Double date!

OMO! DOUBLE DATE?! DAEBAK! I quickly replied to Jiyeon's text.

1250: ASSAH JIYEON-AH! ANYWAY I MISS YOU A LOT! But wait! Zico texted me in the morning that he will be busy after school today so he told me not to find him. Ottoke?!!!

Instantly Jiyeon replied.

1251: Don't worry! Zico planned it all. He wanted to surprise you but then I decided to tell you earlier so you could get ready and dress up nicely! School ends    at 2.30pm right? Hurry! Be at Zico's by 4pm!

I shrieked in excitement and the boys looked at me.

"WAE? WAE? WAE?" Taemin asked.

"Later I'll tell you!" I shouted and quickly replied Jiyeon.

1253: Assah! Ok! I'll be there by 3.55pm! Hahaha! Daebak!!!

After which Jiyeon simply replied me a "K.". 

I quickly explained the situation to the boys and they just shrug.

"Just... Just becareful ok Rinnie?" Key warned me.

"Ok!" I smiled.

Time passed by quickly, thank God. And soon we were dismissed.

I quickly went home and changed. I look into my wardrobe and decided to wear something sweet and presentable. Something that shouts "CUTE!".

I rummaged through my wardrobe and found a few outfits. I decided to go with a white and brown theme to look simple but cute. I quickly took a shower and got ready.

I quickly got out of my room and went down only to be greeted by my Unnie and Umma.

"Oh! Rin Rin ah where are you going?" Bom Unnie asked as she look at me from head to toe. "WAH! MY DONGSAENG JINJA YIPPEUN! NEMU NEMU YIPPEUN!"

"Kireu? Jinja? Hehehe! I'm off to meet Jiyeon and Zico, Jiyeon wants to introduce her boyfriend to us!" I clapped my hands in excitement.

"Jeongmallo? Jiyeon has a boyfriend? Wah! Now you can go on double dates!" Bom Unnie clapped her hands with me and congratulated me.

"Aihoo! Becareful ok my dear Rinnie! Be home safely!" My Umma kissed my cheek. "Those shoes are high!" My mom looked at my shoes.

"Gwenchanayo Umma! My Umma is a model and I have her genes in me! Walking in these shoes are chicken feet!" I joked. But it is true. My mom is a model and we naturally have her genes. Me, Bom Unnie and Ji Eun have absolutely no problems with any shoes.

"Hahaha! Arra! Have fun Rinnie!" My Umma pinch my cheeks and Bom Unnie kissed my forehead.

"BECAREFUL!" Bom Unnie waved at me goodbye as I told Mr Gong, our family chauffeur to get to Zico's house.

----OUTSIDE ZICO'S HOUSE----- 

I quickly got out of the car and thanked Mr Gong.

I ran up to Zico's room and opened the door only to be greeted by something that made my heart ache so bad. I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

"ZICO!" I cried as he got off Jiyeon. He was half and was only wearing his boxer and as for Jiyeon, she was only wearing a bathrobe and I can tell that under that bathrobe she's wearing absolutely nothing, nothing at all. I looked at Zico and then at Jiyeon. Zico hung his head down but as for Jiyeon, she simply smirked and walked to me.

"SURPRISE PARK RIN NA!" Jiyeon laughed in my face. I looked at her in disbelief and asked her weakly, "Wae...?"