Chapter 6

Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life (Sweet Revenge)

"5 years ago, when you're 14, me and Zico were 15, Nicole Noona was 16. She's 2 years older than you and a year older than me and Zico, she took up tutoring as her part-time job. It's not that we're having financial problems or anything but Noona just wanted to earn some money on her own and so she placed up advertisements on the streets and on the web. She was then called by the Woos, who are Zico's parents to tutor Zico. And I guess as she started tutoring Zico, they both fell for each other. They dated ever since then for 2 years until one day... Noona got pregnant. At that point of time she was 18 and Zico was 17. Zico refused to be responsible for it and so they broke up... The next day, I saw Zico with... you..." I looked at Rin Na. She was looking at me, intensely.

"Do you remember the date and day Zico left Nicole-sshi?" Rin Na asked me. Her eyes were full or curiosity.

"It was on 28th December 2009... Why?" I asked.

"Zico... He asked me out on the 10th of November. It was my birthday then and Zico was well... He was my parents friend's son and we were introduced to each other. Slowly, I started to like him, and then on my birthday he asked me out... So that means even before he asked me out he was already attached... with you sister?! WHY, THAT TWO TIMING !" Rin Na stood but I stopped her.

"It's ok... You didn't know Rin. You knew nothing. Sit down." I pulled her down.

"After that what happened...?" Rin Na asked me softly. I could see tears starting to well up in her eyes. 

"I wanted to confront him but then I saw him with you and well... I guess I jumped to the wrong conclusions... I thought you seduced Zico and so he fell for your charms and that's why he broke up with Noona and refused to take responsible for what he did... But I was wrong... I'm sorry Rin... I'm sorry for hating you, for hating you for 3 years..." I took her hand and squeezed it.

She shook her head. "No Jinyoung... I'm sorry... It's my fault! I should have known! If I knew, I wouldn't have accepted him from the very beginning!" Rin Na now was crying. "So you hated me all these years...?" Rin Na looked at me. I looked her in the eyes. No silly... I had a hard time hating you. You were so lovable... All Queenkas were supposed to be mean and y, but you, you were always so humble, so kind and sweet. You forgive and forget, you're always glowing and i fell for you on the day you asked me to be friends with you... You have no idea how difficult it was for me to control my emotions and to force myself to hate you. I wiped her tears away. "No... Not really..." I replied her with a weak smile.

"Then where's Nicole-sshi now...?" Rin Na sobbed.

"She... she's no longer around Rin... She committed suicide 3 years ago..." I looked out of the window and tried to hold my tears back but failed to do so. Soon I was slowly tearing and then crying. Rin Na too was crying. I could see guilt in her eyes. 

PARK RIN NA'S POV

"She... she's no longer around Rin... She committed suicide 3 years ago..." Jinyoung looked out of the window and tried to hold his tears back but failed to do so. Soon he was slowly tearing and then crying. I cried together with him. I have never felt so guilty. Not only did Nicole-sshi died, but her baby too died with her. I felt sick, really sick now.

I cupped my hands around Jinyoung's face and wiped away his tears. I was shocked by my actions. I had no idea why I did that and from Jinyoung's expression, I could tell he too, was shocked. 

"I'm sorry... I'm sorry... Mianhe... Mianhe Jinyoung... Mianhe..." I sobbed. I have never cried so much in a day. 

Jinyoung looked up at me and held my hands that were cupped around his face and said, "It's not your fault... It's not. What already happened is in the past now, so please don't feel guilty over it. The one to blame should be Zico... Zico that bastard. Don't apologise anymore because you're not at fault. Please, stop apologising. I should be the one apologising for hating you and not getting my facts right... I'm sorry Ms Park Rin Na! Will you forgive me?" Jinyoung gave me an assuring smile and pinched my cheeks. 

He gave me an aegyo. I have never seen him doing one before and I cracked up laughing. 

I looked at him and eased down. 

"You're forgiven! In fact, I have never hated you for anything. Sure I've said 'I hate that Jung Jinyoung!' a couple of times but I have never really meant it. I was only curious why you hated me... And I guess I know why now..." I smiled at him, and he smiled back. 

"I guess I shall go back now..." I stood up and walked over to his study table to get my bag when Jinyoung stopped me.

"No! You're staying here till tomorrow! I want to make sure you're really ok before I give you back to your family and besides, I've already told Onew to cook up some lame excuse for you." Jinyoung took my bag and placed it back on his study table. 

"... Onew Oppa... Ah! Ottoke?! I shouted at him and the rest just now!" I slumped myself on Jinyoung's bed and cover my face with a pillow. 

Jinyoung laughed. "You can apologise to them tomorrow silly!".

"I know but... but I feel so guilty... I have never burst at anyone ever before..." I sighed and looked down. I played with my fingers.

"I know... It's my first time today seeing you so mad..." Jinyoung sat down beside me.

"Yeah... I need your help Jinyoung..." I looked at him.

"What is it Rin?" Jinyoung blinked his eyes and smiled at me. God, he's cute! I looked away quickly. I didn't want to be feeling like this towards anyone, not when I just broke up with Zico.

'Help me... Help me forget Zico..." I asked softly. Jinyoung took my hands once again and said, "We all help you." and smiled. 

"Thank you..." I mumbled. I walked to where my bag is and checked my phone. 

*97 new messages*

*95 from Zico*

*2 from Umma*

I read the messages from my Umma first.

0805: Hey Princess! Umma here baby! Onew already told me where you are! Take care alright! Come home tomorrow! I miss my Princess!

0849: Don't stay up too late! Advance goodnight and sweet dreams! We love you! Hope you've already eaten your dinner! Xoxo from Umma and Appa.

I smiled reading the messages sent from my parents. I'm thankful to have such supportive parents. I decided to replied them tomorrow and proceeded to read Zico's messages.

They were all the same. "I'm sorry baby!", "Please let me explain myself! and "Please, please give me one more chance." type of messages. I cringe. Jinyoung saw my expression and took my phone. He read it all one by one and look at me.

"You're not going to reply him right?" Jinyoung eyed me.

"Nope. I'm forgetting him for good." I mumbled.

"Good, because the first step to forget is to stop all contacts. I'll delete his number for you!" Jinyoung fidle with my phone for awhile.

"Done! I deleted all his messages, pictures and video on your phone and his contact number. I also unfriended him for you in facebook and unfollow him for you in twitter!" Jinyoung gave me a serious look.

"WHAT?!" I looked at him, shocked.

"No more contacting with him arrasoh?" Jinyoung asked me, giving me an 'ok' signal.

I laughed because he looked so cute, acting all serious and protective.

"Okay Mr Jung! Yes sir!" I laughed and ruffled his hair.

He laughed and ruffled my hair back when suddenly we both heard a giggle and I saw a little girl. I saw her just now when I was raging at Onew and the rest. We looked to her direction and she cupped with her hands. I laughed and walked towards her direction.

"Mianhe Unnie! Did I disturbed you and Oppa's moment?" the little girl giggled.

I blushed and said, "No... You didn't... What's your name sweetie?" as I put a strand of her hair behind her ear.

"Jung Sujoong, Soojung imnida!" Soojung gave me a peck on the cheek and smiled.

"Annyeong Sujoong ah! Nan Park Rin Na, Rin Na imnida!" I copied her voice tone and she cracked up laughing.

"I know! Oppa already told me your name!" Sujoong pointed to Jinyoung and Jinyoung looked away. Did I just saw him blushed? I looked back to Sujoong.

"Why aren't you asleep yet?" I asked.

"I wanted to check on you and see if you're ok!" Sujoong gave me a big bear hug and I hugged her back. She was so adorable. She reminded me of Ji Eun when she was younger.

"Awww, thank you Soojung but I'm ok now!" I pinched her cheeks and ruffled her hair. 

"I shall go back to my room now!" Soojung smiled and looked at Jinyoung, "OPPA! STAY WITH UNNIE! TAKE CARE OF HER OK!" and ran off.

I looked at Jinyoung and Jinyoung looked back at me. He gave me a smile and I blushed. Oh god... Why haven't I notice that he has the most cutest smile ever... Oh wait, he never smiled at me before in the past because he used to hate me... I looked away quickly. 

JUNG JINYOUNG'S POV

Did she just blushed? I smiled to myself as I looked away as well. 

"Jinyoung..." Rin Na broke the silence and faced me

"Hmm?" I smiled at her.

"Can I see Nicole-sshi's pictures?" Rin Na smiled at me.

"Yup, hold on!" I smiled back at her and took out a scrapbook.

I passed it to her and she looked through it one by one slowly.

"WAH! YIPPEUN NAH! JINJA YIPPEUN!" She looked at my sister's pictures with her eyes wide open. Hahaha... She look so cute! I laughed.

And the suddenly Rin Na touched the photo that has the caption "Always look on the bright side of life!".

"That's my favourite quote too..." Rin Na smiled. I could see her eyes glowing. She seemed happy all of a sudden. She started glowing again, like her usually self. I looked at her, happy. Thank God she's glowing again... I miss her glowing self... I admired her face. 

"Jinyoung! Thank you! Nicole-sshi is really pretty! I'm sorry about what happened to her... I..." 

"Hey! Shhh! It's not your fault and it's been 3 years now so it's ok. She's happier now wherever she is with little Nicole..." I placed a finger on her lips and gave her a smirk. 

Rin Na just smiled and looked around the room.

"Er,,, I think I'll just sleep on the couch! Goodnight!" She quickly ran to the couch but I grabbed her.

"No, you're going to sleep on my bed!" I pull her to my bed.

"Then how about you?"

"On the couch!" I smiled. "It's ok! Goodnight Rinnie! Oh and one more thing, just call my Noona, Nicole Unnie and not Nicole-sshi. You know her now, si it's ok." I ruffled her hair and tuck her to bed. 

"Thank you..." Rin Na smiled and closed her eyes.