.:::POISON: Chapter 30:::.

►POISON◄

“Seung!” everybody called out for her when she fainted on the couch. Her weak body couldn’t take the strong feelings.

“She needs to rest more!” HyunAe turned to the boys and commanded them by her eyes to take AhSeung to bed. Immediately, JongUp dashed to her and carried her limp body to a room that had been prepared for the girls and instantly came back to living room.

YongGuk gave out such a heavy sigh. Finally, he could muster his braveness to do this. Standing up and stepping into the circle, he looked indirectly to HyunAe and bit his lips, “I’m sorry to say this but… He won’t be the only one who cries…”

“What do you mean?” HyunAe eyed at him. She ambiguously guessed the truth he was going to say related to her and it wouldn’t be a nice one at all. Suddenly, she felt so scared.

As she was sitting next to HyoSung, her cold hand looked for her sister’s and grabbed it tight. HyoSung used her other hand to tap slightly on the back of her palm, persuading her. However, even HyoSung didn’t know what to say to make her feel easier when she was the reason why that tragic truth happened to HyunAe’s life.

YongGuk took a very deep breath and looked up then his lips and started. But he paused. He was hesitated. It wasn’t easy to say this painful truth, even though it should be told.

“I killed your family…” The words slightly flew out from his mouth. His voice was very soft and weak. He couldn’t even breathe when he said it. HyunAe stared at him immovably. Her heart stopped beating for a moment.

The atmosphere turned silent, extremely quiet. While SunHwa and Zinger surprisingly looked at each other, HimChan surprisingly set his eyes on his best friend as he didn’t think YongGuk would make it that quick and that honestly. The rest was so surprised too, especially Zelo. He had the same reaction with his sister.

HyunAe’s voice became poignant. A small drop of tears was threating falling down from the edge of her eyelash but she was able to stop it. Swallowing hard, she asked in difficulty while trying not to let her voice be agitated by her emotions, “You WHAT?”

YongGuk closed his eyes and knitted his brows, “I killed your family!”

“BANG! WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?” In just a second, Zelo had already been in front of him, gasping his collars and shouted at his face.

“Zelo!” HyoSung let go of HyunAe’s hand and stood up, slipping in between to break them apart then calmed the young boy down. “Don’t be too emotional okay?”

HyunAe grabbed Zelo’s hand and signaled him to sit down next to her. Since the moment YongGuk confirmed his fault again, she hadn’t looked at him or even the area near him. Her feeling to him now wasn’t mad or angry anymore, it was resentment.

“Let me explain!” HyoSung put her palm in front of her heart to brace herself. “He killed your family as my command!”

She knelt down in front of the little girl whom she tried to take care of as a sister to repay for what she had done. “I know you won’t forgive us so I won’t beg. It’s just… I want you to know that we didn’t want to do it. We HAD to do it! That was our ONLY choice!”

Now the tears had been waiting for so long to fall so they streamed out. HyunAe wasn’t able to handle that hurt. It was really hurt. She couldn’t believe in what was happening. Holding her head, she rolled herself as a ball and kept trying to wake herself up as she thought it was a terrible nightmare. However, it was the truth. Zelo didn’t know what to say. Gently holding his sister and letting her cry on his shoulder were all he could do.

“I just want to know why.” Zelo said, with a non-expresion voice.

HyoSung somehow sighed in relief. At least they gave her a chance to explain, or advocate. She swallowed, “Your sister was born with a sign, a sign that leads us to Poison. She was the only baby that was born on the third two-moon day of that year. We very need her at that time to find Poison, not only for the survival of MATO Planet, but also for the energy to afford the war with EXO. But she was too young, just about 7 or 8 years old. Your family didn’t let us approach her. They didn’t want us to hurt her. Your parents… They hid her and protected her. The war had been raging harder and harder. We needed her sign then ever…” she paused to take a look at the two sister and brother then rubbed Zelo’s hair slightly. “We HAD to kill your parents as they didn’t let us take her away…”

“Then why didn’t you kill me?” Zelo’s cut her off with his question that he asked with a mad voice.

“I couldn’t…” YongGuk sighed heavily, “You were too young, just a baby! When you glared at me with your two big round eyes, I was moved. I couldn’t kill you… So I sent you to the army to separate you with your sister…”

Zelo smirked and rolled his eyes. “I’ve always thought you’re my savior…”

“I thought you loved me… So that all was because you felt regret? Or because you felt pity for me? I don’t need you to feel pity for me!” HyunAe shook her head disappointedly and quickly wiped her tears.  

She slid out of Zelo’s embrace and cooed to him, “Let’s go somewhere else… I don’t want to see their faces!”

Silently, he nodded and followed her to the glassy balcony which allowed them to enjoy the wonderful scenery and let their mind be dragged away from their sadness for a while.

“Anyone wants to share your secret?” HimChan looked at each of the rest people. None of them seemingly wanted to be the next.

YongGuk powerlessly dragged himself out of the ring and heavily dropped himself down on the floor. Understandint how bad he was feeling, HimChan gave him a brief hug and comforted, “At least you did tell the truth! You did it, buddy!”

YongGuk replied with a smirk instead of saying something. Because he didn’t know what to say and plus, that smirk was for him, not for anyone else. He smirked as his pitiful life. “I don’t love her because I feel pity for her…”

“Bang…” the little MinHee, who had been in a big shock from the start finally managed to open . She didn’t believe in what she heard too as she had liked him very much before. “You killed their parents? That’s the truth?”

“Yes…” he replied softly with another sigh, “I’m very sorry…”

“But… how?” she tilted her head to the side, asked innocently.

“I was in the Royal Army at that time, working right under Viceroy’s command. At that time she was still a Princess. And that was also how I met the others.”

“Wait a minute… Then how old are you?” MinHee raised one of her brows up.

“23…. …. …. Why?”

“Liar!” DaeHyun slapped on his back and in return, YongGuk threw him a sharp glance. “23 is just the two last numbers of a serial of four numbers”, DaeHyun added. While MinHee was dropping her jaw, DaeHyun giggled and then burst to laugh when YongGuk started being mad at him for revealing his age.

“What? We can’t hide our secrets anymore right? Sometimes I feel so lucky to be at least 2 hundred years younger than you keke…”

“It’s not funny at all!” YongGuk patted DaeHyun’s shoulder and grumbled. “Now your Princess hates me! We can’t find Poison anymore! This is the end of this story!”

“Don’t be too negative! I think she will understand…” HyoSung chucked her tongue. “I’ve brought her up since she was a young baby, I know her. She will forgive you as soon as she realizes it.”

“Realize what?” DaeHyun, HimChan and YongGuk cluttered their heads together and moved closer to HyoSung.

“That this is her destiny. She was born to do this!”

 

=====================================POISON30==================================

 

Zelo points at a bright star, “Noona look at it! It’s so beautiful!”

“Uhm…” HyunAe nodded to express her agreement with her brother. Looking at that direction, she saw the two moons were about to be full. Suddenly, she remembered what HyoSung said. She was the only baby was born on the third two-moon day of that year. It means she was very unique. First, her parents were killed because of her. Second, now the whole Planet was going to die also because of her. Even though the Viceroy and her partner did bad things to her family, it was just they were taking their responsibility. They had to do that for this Planet. Besides, HyoSung had been taken care of her since she brought her to the Palace and trained her as a Princess. Although that was not enough to compensate for the two lives of her parents, they didn’t have intention to hurt her or harm her. And YongGuk, they were in love…

“JunHong…”

“Nae noona?” the little boy turned to take a look at his sister.

“Should we forgive them?”

He had been silent for a while because his chest was feeling what MinHee’s heart was feeling. From those feelings, somehow he could conclude from their conversations that YongGuk wasn’t a bad guy at all and he was very worried about HyunAe’s feels. He wanted to share her pain right now. While the Viceroy, HyoSung was worried about her Planet. Not to mention MinHee’s own feelings, she also wanted them to be forgiven. Zelo put his palm in front of his chest and slightly nodded.

“Let’s forgive them… Though it’s not easy… Let’s do this for MATO!”