.:::POISON: Chapter 26:::.

►POISON◄

YongGuk decided to put away all of the old photos of JiEun and him on the wall as he didn’t want them to interrupt the relationship between him and HyunAe. He wanted to make it quick so he didn’t let his eyes look at any picture because he knew that if he saw one, he would start remembering the old memories and it would take him a lot of time to take a look at all of them. His head turned away while his hands were taking the frames and carelessly, he dropped one on the floor. He leaned down to pick it up and unintentionally looked at it. The picture of an adorable couple but no more existed. He looked at JiEun in the photo for a while. “This girl has changed”, he thought.

HyunAe twiddled the knob and saw YongGuk meditatively staring at the old frames of JiEun and him. She felt a bit unhappy, maybe a bit jealous. “Ehem…” she coughed to notify him that she was there in the room.

YongGuk got out of his own illusion and realized that he was caught thinking about JiEun. HyunAe’s face looked sad but she didn’t blame him or say anything. “I was just…”

“You don’t have to advocate for that!” HyunAe showed him that she didn’t care and gave him a shirt. “There was a cut on it so I sewed it up!” She turned her back and was about to step out but he held her wrist, “Are you jealous?”

She turned around to look at him and shook her head, “Why I have to be jealous?”

Suddenly YongGuk pulled her into his arms and squeezed his lap. “I said I’m not jealous!” HyunAe confirmed again and louder in case he didn’t hear it.

“I still want to hug you!” YongGuk grinned softly and listened to the beats of two hearts as they both were silent.

“What happened?” she made him open his arms to look at him, “Your breath sounds heavy… What are you thinking of?”

YongGuk sighed but smiled at the same time. He thought she really didn’t care, but she cared and asked him about it. Even though he was having some doubtful thoughts in mind, he still felt happy. He knew the caring HyunAe couldn’t act coldly for a long time. She wasn’t really good at acting though.

He sat down on the bed and expressed what he was thinking, “I have doubts about Seung…”

“What’s with her?” HyunAe sat next to him. “I don’t see her strange!”

YongGuk pointed to the old photos, “She doesn’t look like Ji at all…” To show her that his doubt had evidence, he added, “Although we didn’t reveal our profile much so we didn’t know about the others’ family, like how many siblings they had or where they came from but I’m sure that when I was with Ji, she didn’t have any siblings”

“Did she tell you about that?” HyunAe had strange feelings in her stomach. Something like angry or mad. YongGuk still couldn’t forget his ex-partner even when she was HyunAe’s sister-in-law now.

“She didn’t. But I know. I just know.”

HyunAe looked down at her toes and heard in a big sad feeling streaming in her veins.

“What’s wrong?”, YongGuk saw her head hanging down and he knew that he must have said something that made her upset.

She looked up at his face. Two apples of her eyes were drenched with dilemma. Should she let her jealousy out or not? “You’re next to me and you still think of her…” her voice trailed off as she didn’t want to get mad at him but she couldn’t stop being angry.

YongGuk regretted having said that to her. It was just whenever he talked about JiEun, she still appeared in him with many beautiful old memories so he hardly forgot. And it hurt HyunAe, who decided to love him.

Ignoring his apology, she quickly dashed out. She didn’t cry though, just felt down a bit. Coincidently, AhSeung was sitting there alone on the balcony. Despite feeling painful thanks to him, HyunAe still wanted to help him clearing out his doubts. Made her way towards AhSeung, she started the conversation. “Hey…”

“Hey… How are you?” AhSeung replied. “It seems that you two are getting along now!”

“Nah~”, HyunAe waved her hands to deny, “Not really though…”

AhSeung knew HyunAe was just shy to admit that so she just laughed at her reaction. Finding a clever way to mention about siblings, HyunAe told her, “You’re so lucky to have JiEun’s unni… She’s so kind, nice, caring and beautiful…”

AhSeung could hear a small amount of envy in HyunAe’s sentence about JiEun, “I’m sorry if she’s making a hard time for you and Bang to deal with…”

“Ah no!”, HyunAe cut her off while denying, “She’s not at all. She’s my sister-in-law now… Hey, she’s your sister and she’s my sister too!”

“Well, she’s not my sister!” shaking her head, AhSeung didn’t think her reply was exactly what HyunAe was waiting for.

“OMG Bang was right!” HyunAe said to herself. Admitting that his judgment sense was really good, she tended to run back and tell him but it would be very awkward to end the conversation like this so she asked more. “Really? Oh… So how did you meet her?”

“Just like you, I was found in the war. JiEun unni brought me home when I was a child. She cured my wounds and brought me up…” AhSeung looked down at the ground and smiled slightly to the empty space in front of her. She felt so grateful to JiEun.

HyunAe found her voice trembling as if she was very emotional. There must have been something else hidden behind this. The truth should be known so HyunAe made her tell more.

“I just don’t understand… When I disguised as you and was kidnapped by U-KISS, there were something happened. When SooHyun saw my reaction, he knew right away that I wasn’t you, but he didn’t reveal me until the end. I didn’t know why he did that but the way he looked at me… I swear that it was very… warm… close… I don’t know! It’s like we have known each other for a long time. He didn’t want to kill me or let the others do. He just acted like he wanted to.”

 HyunAe was speechless with many thoughts inside her mind. She didn’t know whether she should comment something. It was so uncommonly. She had never been in a situation like this before. U-KISS was a very dangerous group, who was considered as ‘enemy’ by B.A.P, she should stay away from them. And plus, they were rummaging the forest for her and YongGuk also received two bullets. What AhSeung just said sounded a bit unbelievable. However, it wasn’t clueless at all that SooHyun would be nice to someone special to him.

They sat there silent for a while before they realized that they should checked the antique book to see whether there were any words more appeared. Just like what they expected, a whole new blank page was filled with words. The two girls sat down and read.

Once upon a time, in the beatiful and peaceful planet called Nerverland, there was a very powerful and erudite wizard. He fell in love with a pretty girl. But that girl’s heart already belonged to another man. However, the girl’s parents forced her to get married to the wizard. So everynight she sneaked away from her husband to be with her lover. One day, the one she loved caught a disease that was uncureable. Knowing the wizard was the owner of a very powerful gem which could do anything, including treating sicknesses or even making a dead come back to life, the girl decided to steal the gem and gave it to her lover. They were caught by the wizard. Being frantic with the pain that he was betrayed, he madly punished the two lovers. He cursed on the gem and made a spell. The two lovers were cursed that they would never see each other until their next life. And because the gem was so powerful and magical that every one wanted to have it and use it, just like the girl that he loved took advantage of it to help her lover, the wizard left a spell on it: There would be only true love who can find the gem. But right after that, they would be separated until their next lives. As the gem was spelled, it lost its own holy and purity and even brought mishaps to whoever found it, it was called ‘Poison’ and hidden at a very remote place that no one would find out.

A chain of flashbacks from the past ran through AhSeung’s mind. She remembered everything now. She remembered when she stole the gem and was caught. She remembered the last sentence SooHyun told her, “We’ll meet in the next life!” before they were disappeared in front of each other’s faces. As she was too emotional, a hot line of tears streamed down.

“What happens?” HyunAe was so surprised seeing AhSeung speechless, looking pensively to the book and cried. “Wait… you can read these words too?” HyunAe was more surprised when she realized that AhSeung was crying because of the words. She thought there was only her being able to read it.

“Yes I can…”, AhSeung wiped her tears. “And not only can I read it… I was that girl in my last life!”

“Huh?”, HyunAe rounded her eyes. “What do you mean?”

“This is why I feel SooHyun so familiar to me, because we were cursed. That wizard, he forbid our love and separated us. Now it’s my next life, I found him again…” AhSeung’s tears  fell down much more, but she beamed. She remembered the whole things what had happened in her last life.

“So…” HyunAe scratched her head. She still didn’t really get the mysterious story behind AhSeung’s real identity.

“He wants to marry you just to find Poison. When he finds it, he’ll find me! He needs me, not you!” AhSeung shook HyunAe’s shoulders and cheered merriedly when she figured out the truth.

“You are a Neverlander?” HyunAe questioned her in return, “I don’t think people here will appreciate a Neverlander like you…”. She knew that AhSeung would be discriminated or even chased away. Especially, when she was involved in U-KISS, B.A.P wouldn’t let her go so easily. AhSeung suddenly felt scared too.

“Let’s keep this as a secret!” HyunAe suggested and gave out her smallest finger. AhSeung hooked hers with HyunAe’s and asked with a big surprise, “Why are you protecting me?”

“You’ll help us to be safe from U-KISS, like a hostage! Plus, you know too much about us, about everything. If B.A.P finds you’re a Neverlander, they’ll kill you for sure. And I don’t want a girl like you to be killed by my guards. I know you won’t hurt anybody.” HyunAe explained her thought and reassured AhSeung that no one would know about this, even YongGuk.