.:::POISON: Chapter 21:::.

►POISON◄

Everybody stayed outside the operating room, pacing around because of the anxiety. SunHwa held her heart with both of her hands, praying. Her sobbing had never stopped until now. She couldn’t stand thinking that she was going to lose her sister. That thought was really irritating, really painful.

HyunAe almost fainted. She was very scared of blood. Especially, when MinHee’s body was full of blood, she felt creepy than ever. Despite that, she didn’t want to go anywhere and joined the others waiting for YongGuk and YoungJae in front of the operating room.

It had been 5 hours already. There wasn’t any piece of news from inside the room. This drove SunHwa crazier. Could they make it?

Zelo opened his eyes, feeling a bit stingy on his left chest but as he had been injured many times before, it wasn’t that hurt to him. He looked to his right and saw MinHee closing her eyes unconsciously. “Please wake up!”, he whispered in mind.

Another hour slowly flew over. Would MinHee be okay? Everybody seemed to have the same question. Nobody had their mind free enough to eat anything. Although it wasn’t long since they met, but they became one team already. So because of MinHee, they all turned into their worrying-self.

Every few minutes, SunHwa wept and sniffed noisily. The atmosphere became more and more saddening.

Suddenly, the door opened. YongGuk wiped his sweat and a smile was formed on SunHwa’s frowning face.

 

=====================================POISON21==================================

 

MinHee’s eyelids lifted up. She blinked several times to get used to with the shining sunlight from the window. The glorious sunshine turned everything into white. Was she in Heaven?

She must have been. “Haha, dead because of an alien monster, sounds good though”. MinHee shifted her eyes slowly around. Her eyes were seemingly the only parts of her body that were able to move. Who was there on her left? A blonde curly hair guy. He was injured because there was a white dress bandaged across his left chest from the left shoulder. He was sleeping or something, with his head hanging down. “Wait a minute, I know this guy”. ZELO!

“ZELO!”, MinHee screamed out. But he didn’t reply her. Was he deaf or what? “HEY ZELO!”, she called out again. “LOOK AT ME YOU STUPID ROBOT!”, another shout was given. Still, no reply. Trying to move her arm to reach for him, but her fingers couldn’t even be lifted. It was like her body had no feelings.

All of a sudden, a grievous thought flashed out in her mind. No, it couldn’t be. It was okay if she was dead and was in Heaven, but Zelo… why was he here too? He couldn’t die for any reason! The thought of Zelo could have been dead made her heart twisted. She could feel the pain now. It was hurt. A lot. She saw Zelo frowning, then whining and touching his left chest. “Ah, he is still alive!”

Zelo was wide awake thanks to the pain. Rubbing his eyes, she saw MinHee’s fingers were trying to move. His face brightened up immediately and he dashed next to her.

“You’re awake!”, Zelo wiped his happy tears. “How cute he is!”

“Do you feel hurt at anywhere?”, he asked, caring and full of love. “Yes! Everywhere! And… what happened?”

He dried off his soaking eyes and stood up, “I’ll call everybody. They’re all waiting for you to wake up!”. Then he ran out.

“HEY DON’T YOU HEAR WHAT I SAY?”, he was out already. Just then, MinHee realized that she yelled, but just in her mind as her lips couldn’t be opened.

 

=====================================POISON21==================================

 

“Hee ah…”, SunHwa lifted her sister up and held MinHee inside her lap. “Are you okay dear?”

“YES I’M FINE!!!!”

“I guess her body isn’t used to with the new heart yet. That’s why she can’t move!”, YoungJae concluded after picking her arm up then dropping it down but MinHee didn’t react.

“A NEW HEART? Can someone explain to me what happened?

“Hee ah, now you live with Zelo’s heart. You have to take care of yourself and don’t die too easily, ok?”, Zinger leaned down to wipe her bang to the side and gave her an eyesmile.

“Zelo’s heart… IS MINE NOW? What do you mean?”

“We should let her rest some more!”, HyunAe urged everybody. “then talk to her later when she is completely healthy again!”

“You’re right!”, YongGuk nodded. “Zelo ah, you stay here with her!”, he patted on Zelo’s shoulder and winked to him.

 Before leaving, SunHwa left a kiss on MinHee’s forehead.

 

=====================================POISON21==================================

 

MinHee woke up again when the night was dark. Maybe she had fallen asleep somewhere between her powerless stare at Zelo and tried to ask him what had happened. Though, he couldn’t understand what she meant by the look so he just smiled back. Such a lovely smile was it!

Sighing deeply, MinHee wasn’t sure when she would be able to talk and move her body’s parts. Unintentionally, she rubbed the sleepiness away from her eyes. “Er wait, my hands… are moving!”

MinHee cheered merrily and her soft scream of happiness woke Zelo up.

“Oh… you can talk again!”, his round eyes turned bigger with the delightful surprise.

“Zelo ah…”, she leaned forward and embraced him. “Thank you…”

Whatever she said, he couldn’t hear anything since she was the one who proactively hugged him first. Just this moment could chase away all the worries and anxious he had had several hours ago thinking that he was going to lose her.

During that moment, MinHee blushed realizing that he was his upon body, and his bare slight muscular arms were hugging her. She didn’t care too.  

“Now I own your heart…”, MinHee slurred into his ear. But she let him go and asked, “But then… how can you live when your heart… is inside my chest…”. MinHee started confusing. And that feeling made her heart take a wrong beat.

“Hey I can feel that…”, Zelo put his palm in front of his left chest. “Did your heart just… Did your heart just skip a beat?”. MinHee nodded, getting more confused.  

“That’s strange! I can feel the movement of your heart inside my chest…”, Zelo scratched his head cutely. “But… it used to be my heart… But… it’s yours now…”

“Then how can you live without a heart…”, MinHee questioned.

“Well, since my body was replaced, I stopped using my heart and used the battery instead. However, Jae left my heart there because it wasn’t damaged”, Zelo shrugged his shoulders, “Who knows that it will be useful one day?”

“Yeah…”, they both burst to laugh and sheepishly exchanged peep to each other.

“Now I don’t have any heart… Hope you still like me…”, Zelo looked down at the floor, feeling a bit down as he recalled how much MinHee used to think of him as a robot.

She leaned forward and touched her palm on his cheek, “You gave your heart to me! I don’t like you… I love you…”. As her heart was racing, he could feel that too.

MinHee’s face reddened when he remained silent and she realized that was because he felt clearly how she felt. She smiled and knitted her eyebrows at the same time, “That’s so inconvenient! You feel everything I feel…”

Zelo beamed brightly and didn’t hide his contentment at all. “Except for when you’re hungry, I can’t feel that. Only the feelings created by your heart!”

They burst to laugh happily again. As usual, we may call ‘two of them’, but I guess we should call ‘one of them’ now, as they already became one.

 

=====================================POISON21==================================

 

To make a healthy breakfast for the injuries, the non-injuries had to go around the forest to find good food. So in the early morning, JongUp and DaeHyun went out for a hunt while Zinger and SunHwa looked for fruits, veggies and herbals. The rest was peacefully sleeping until leader Bang woke them up.

YoungJae got up from his bed and felt a bit strange as AhSeung had gone somewhere. However, staying in his sleepy state of mind, he didn’t seem to think much about that. He entered the bathroom and brushed his teeth. It was nothing for the first few minutes but then he choked with the toothpaste, seeing the reflection of AhSeung in the mirror in front of her. She was taking a bath in the tub behind him. Luckily, she already wore the towel around her body. But about 0.00001s ago, he saw her .

“Sor… Sorry…”, YoungJae coughed the toothpaste out of his lung. He could have blamed her for not locking the door but his face had gone so red that he decided to avoid talking about that.  

 

=====================================POISON21==================================

 

“Kamsahamnida!”, MinHee bowed to YoungJae and YongGuk, the two had operated and inserted Zelo’s heart into her chest.

“You’re welcome!”, they replied to the little girl’s gratefulness. “Do you still feel hurt?”, YoungJae asked.

“Nae… just a bit...”, MinHee tried to sit down with difficulties. Her body was almost dead so to start moving again, it needed a long period of time.

“Ah!”, YongGuk tapped his forehead as he remembered something, “The blood of that monster can be made into a kind of painkiller. Yesterday we focused on saving Hee so we forgot to get it!”

“We need to get it now! It’ll be very useful to us!”, YoungJae added.

“You go!”, YongGuk commanded.

“What?”, YoungJae opened his eyes widely.

“What do you mean by ‘what’? You know it needs two people to bring back all the blood extracted from that monster and it’s too dangerous to let the Princess go out!”, YongGuk bellowed towards him, following by a stare ‘Dare to disobey me?’.

AhSeung nudged YoungJae, reminded him of what they had read in the antique book. The relationship between YongGuk and HyunAe needed to be improved and this was such a big chance for them to be… ALONE!

“Erm…”, AhSeung opened the antique book in front of them. “We have to do this…”, she blurted out an excuse. “You see… there are only the two first pages have words, the others are blank. We need to find out about this…!”

YongGuk took a look at the blank pages. That was strange! The whole book was blank except for the first two pages. “Well, okay… Then make sure you’ll figure out why is that when we back!”

Then he and HyunAe went down the elevator and made a walk to that cave again.