.:::POISON: Chapter 22:::.

►POISON◄

“Ewwww…”, HyunAe turned her head away when YongGuk started extracting the green blood from the dead monster. “I totally don’t like this. But I don’t want to bother the others so I have to agree to go with you. You know I don’t like going with you…”. She said, with a cold voice and irritably, turning her back against YongGuk, which hurt him a lot. But he seemed to get used to with it. HyunAe loved YongGuk now, but that confused her so she just acted coldly to him.

She inadvertently looked down on the ground and her head went dizzy when she saw a pool of blood under her feet. It must have been MinHee’s. HyunAe was extremely afraid of blood. She fainted and fell down.

Immediately, YongGuk caught her in his arms and laid her on his thighs. “You should have told me that you’re scared of blood…”

HyunAe shook her head and couldn’t hide her face whitened with fear. She didn’t feel good at all. Seeing blood made her want to vomit and very uncomfortable. To avoid seeing it again, HyunAe snuggled her face to YongGuk’s chest while he carried her away. “I guess we should go back now”, he felt her hot breathes blew into his shirt, heavily and panic.

When they got out of the cave and reached the pathway which led back to the Wood Castle, YongGuk stopped his stepped suddenly, hearing some strange noises. A sound of a gunshot was fired, he quickly found a place to hide. Putting HyunAe down behind a big rock, he looked around to find who that was. He saw a brown head hidden in a tree near there. “… U-KISS found us…”

Carefully he sat down and tried to find a way to exit. He couldn’t run back to the tree-house, U-KISS would follow him right away and before he reached the house, he and HyunAe would be shot for sure. He peered out again to check how many members of them were there. At the moment he leaned out, another gunshot was fired, this time, it hit him on his right chest. HyunAe felt creepy with the sound of the gunfire, and more frightened when her partner was shot. She worriedly asked if he was fine and lost her mind, didn’t know what to do.

“They know we’re here… It’s too far to go back to the castle!”, YongGuk informed. Instead of making her more nervous, he reassured her with a very trustworthy look, and said, “I know an underground hide-out near here…”, YongGuk paused because the pain from the lesion distracted him, “but we have to run very fast, and carefully or else they will find us again!”.

Looking deeply into HyunAe’s teary eyes, he smiled to encourage her, “I know you can do it… I trust you!”

HyunAe didn’t know whether she would be able to, but the situation was too urgent and his wound kept bleeding non-stop. They had to find a safe place to hide and dress the wound. She nodded repeatedly and stood by his side.

“I’ll count to three. Then just run with me, ok? 1…2…3…”, they both run as fast as they could to another place. Despite that, YongGuk received another bullet on his thigh while he was covering HyunAe. Luckily, they reached the three where the secret hide-out laid underneath. Just a minute later, they disappeared into thin air. Exactly like what YongGuk thought, U-KISS rummaged the whole area for them. However, they weren’t found.

It was a bit dark inside. YongGuk leaned up to reach a circuit breaker and the whole basement was lightened up. Staying underground, this big room was built for emergency like this. It was a first-aid station. Dragging himself and the injured leg to the bed, he sat down and sighed in relief. Finally, HyunAe was safe. Even though he was shot two times, all he cared about was her safety.

She figured out a big wardrobe filled with first-aid tool boxes. Jubilantly, HyunAe took one of them out and dashed to him. She hastily opened it and ed his shirt. Just by the look, you can tell how panic she was, her hands were shaking with fear, so she just dropped things.

Gently, YongGuk grabbed her hands and looked at her, “You don’t have to rush… I’m not dying…”. He didn’t want her to be scared at all.

Then slowly, she breathed in and out steadily to calm herself down and took his shirt off. Holding a cotton ball to clean out the blood, she didn’t feel scared of it anymore.

YongGuk was a bit surprised, “I thought you were afraid of blood…”

“Not with yours”, she said, concentrating on how to take the bullet out. “I don’t know why but I’m not shaking when I see your blood…”

“Really?”, he smiled, feeling happy somehow.

“Oh this…”, HyunAe reached out to the kit for a steel nippers. “I’m going to take the bullet out for you but… there’s no painkiller here… … … Can you handle the pain?”. She turned worried again as she knew the pain would be uneasy to deal with. She had never liked watching someone being frantic with pain.

“I’ll be fine… just… kiss me!”, YongGuk’s sudden suggestion made HyunAe’s eyes opened widely. But she found it make sense anyway. So she leaned down and gave him a deep kiss, with one hand touching his abs and the other held the nippers tightly. While he was passionately enjoying it, HyunAe firmly took the bullet out of his shoulder with the nippers. YongGuk bit her lips when he felt the pain.

“Wow…”, YongGuk blamed her, “You cheated me!”

HyunAe giggled at his reaction and blushed at the same time. It was their first kiss ever and it felt so good. Even though her lips were bitten in the end, by him, but she didn’t feel hurt. Clearing , she advocated, “But I took it out. You have to be grateful for that!”

“Fine!”, he sulkily looked away. HyunAe peeped at his thigh and her face flushed red when she thought she had to take his pants off. What else could she do? It was the only way!

Then hurriedly, she dressed the wound on his shoulder with bandage. This action included many touches on his skin. YongGuk smiled satisfactorily with her fingers on his chest.

“What are you smiling at?”, HyunAe gave him a dead stare to chase away his not good thoughts.

“What are you going to do with the wound on my thigh?”, YongGuk burst to laugh, teasing her. She blamed him for thinking about ual things but she would do the same. So he wasn’t guilty at all.

“I’ll let you bleed to death!”, HyunAe pouted and madly closed the first-aid kit, acting like she would do that for real.

“Liar…”, YongGuk slurred in his plump lips, “You will kiss me again to take the bullet out haha”. Delightfully, he mocked. They had never been this close before.

“You really want that?”, HyunAe got mad. His teasing words really made her madness bigger. Although those words didn’t have much meaning but his low and husky voice made them sound evil. Angrily, she opened the kit and turned to him to ped his jeans.

YongGuk trembled with her sudden move but still let her finish it. When the pants taken off passed the wound, he winced in pain while her face reddened because there were only the boxers left on him.

HyunAe just wanted to take the bullet out as soon as possible so he could wear back the clothes. Her mind was distracted, somehow, by his nearly body. Suddenly, she got lost in what she was doing and didn’t know what she should do next. Riveting on the bloody wound, she realized that she had to heal this. But before that, she looked at him sheepishly and exclaimed, “I don’t think I should kiss you again… It’s a bit far from here to your lips. How can I take it out while kissing you?”

“Give me your other hand, I’ll be fine just by gripping it!”, YongGuk took her hand and squeezed it. HyunAe could feel how hurt he was as he held her hand very tight.

“Done!”, both of them sighed in relief. “Put your clothes on!”, HyunAe insisted.

Droopily, HyunAe laid down next to him and closed her eyes to rest. She felt his breath to her ear, he must have facing her. “Look away!”, HyunAe pushed his face to the other side. “And please wear your clothes on!”, she yelled madly to him with her red face seeing his almost body again.

“Don’t talk to me like that! I’m your savior. I received those two bullets for you!”, YongGuk claimed, asking for a repay.

“Seriously… Why do you have to die for me? I’ve never asked you to!”, HyunAe asked him sincerely as she had never wanted anyone to die for her, especially a guy like YongGuk.

“I don’t know… Just when I saw you, I wanted to die for you and I’ll protect you until I die…”, his voice turned soft and sweet. HyunAe shuddered as his confession resonated within her mind again, “At first I thought it was an assumption but more and more, I think I love you…”

What he said to her at that time was also what she felt right now.

“Then what can I do in return?”, HyunAe’s voice trailed off. She was afraid lest he would ask for her love. No, she was sure he would ask for it. It wasn’t that she didn’t love him. She loved him. But…

“… Love me…”, said YongGuk, turning to her side and hugged her inside his lap.