.:::POISON: Chapter 13:::.

►POISON◄

Despite the fact that there were terrorists at the Palace, the Engagement Ceremony went on smoothly. Because after U-KISS had gone, the protection system was knitted more closely for the sake of the engagement.

JiEun looked so gorgeous with her happy smile sticked on her face when TaeSung put the engagement ring into her finger. They looked so good together. And that hurt YongGuk even though he considered her as nothing now. But YongGuk was standing next to HyunAe, his fiancée, somehow. She knew he felt uncomfortable with this scene. In spite of hating him, HyunAe still comforted him with some pleasing-to-ear words. They seemed to get a bit closer after had engaged.

MinHee saw everything and sighed out all of her depression. Zelo rolled his eyes and murmured something quietly, like he was cursing on someone. Then with one fluid motion, he pulled MinHee into his lap to cover her eyes. It was like she was used to with this action of his, or she was too disappointed, so she didn’t struggle out.

“You two are still arguing?”, DaeHyun leaned towards AhSeung, whispered. Her head nodded but her mind wasn’t there. It was wandering somewhere to find a way to speak to YoungJae. Why were they being like this? Both of them acted selfishly and kept their pride too high that none of them could even look directly into the other’s eyes. No, she needed to be more open with him.

“Hey… he’s coming!”, DaeHyun gave her a nudge. This made her startle. And before AhSeung figured out what DaeHyun was talking, YoungJae was there right behind her. “Can we talk?”

“Yes! Of course!”,a happy voice screamed out inside her head, but her lips didn’t open. “Okay…”, AhSeung replied, shifting to one side to make place for YoungJae.

“I swear that I didn’t mean to be this cold to you…”, his voice sounded soft and warm. Then he inhaled a deep breath and started a long confession immediately as he was afraid lest she wouldn’t give him a chance to do that, “Last night I couldn’t sleep. I was busy thinking. I thought about what had happened when we first met. I didn’t know. I just knew that you had taken me somewhere and when I came back to the ground, I found myself souless without you… I know it was too quick and I might be in a rush, but I don’t want to live my life thinking that you’re being with my bestfriend, everyday! I’m not selfish. It’s just I know that we are meant to be. This is our destiny. And it’s us! Not you and Dae!”

AhSeung wasn’t ready to receive these words but they were spoken already. Holding her heart with both of her hands, she tried to remember how to breathe. While her eyes were blinking with the surprise, her body fluttered. AhSeung didn’t hear her heartbeat albeit it was racing. Her legs couldn’t stand straight, they were groggy. She turned frail and would explode happily right away. YoungJae’s confession dealt her.

Grabbing her hands quickly, YoungJae leaned down to catch AhSeung as she fell. She fell into his arms, fell into love.

The Ceremony finished successfully. HyoSung waltzed to the newly-engaged couple and gave JiEun a big big hug, “Aww… I can call you my sister-in-law now!”

“Congratulation!”, Zinger also hugged JiEun from behind. Being embraced from both the front and behind by Zinger and HyoSung, JiEun was only able to smile back to SunHwa when she and KwangHee congratulated them.

HyunAe sudden speech made YongGuk burst to laugh with its mocking meaning, “That’s not fair! Our engagement just lasted for five minutes while theirs took two hours!”

“Oh so want to do that again and… longer?”, YongGuk commented on her funny joke with a bigger laugh. They still could get along though. It wasn’t that bad to be his partner. “C’mon, let’s get to the spaceship, Princess!”, and they realized that the others had left for the spaceship long ago.

HimChan approached HyoSung from behind and cooed to her, “It’s time we have to go…”

“Are you leaving now? To the Wood Castle?”, she turned around and put her arms on his shoulders.

“Jae searched for Poison and found some clues. We’ll move now and get it tonight!”, HimChan informed, short and quick. His voice turned cold suddenly, as he didn’t want to let his sad expression come out. He wasn’t good at saying goodbye though.

HyoSung was about to say something, maybe a goodbye, maybe agitating words to make HimChan stay, but it was stopped by HimChan fingers putting against her lips. Wrapping her fingers around his waist, HyoSung put his hand away, “How am I supposed to live a week without you?”

“You can do that…”, HimChan flashed a smile, showing how much he believed in her. With his peace fingers wiping HyoSung’s hair to the back of her ear and left a peck on her cheek of the same side. “We’ve been separated for many years! Now just one week more! You can do it, right Viceroy?”

Looking deeply into HimChan’s eyes, HyoSung got hesitated and agitated. She felt so weak. She merely wanted to cry. But not to let HimChan down, she faked a smile, “Sure!”

Watching over HimChan padding out of the Palace, HyoSung bit her lips unintentionally. She had just found him now he was leaving her again. “Chan… I trust you!”, she blurted out.

Before completely got out of the Palace, HimChan turned his head to HyoSung the last time, “I love you…”, and saluted to her.

 

=====================================POISON13==================================

 

“This is what I found!”, YoungJae slid the iPad to display a photo of a club. “I searched on Google and Naver and both of them led me to this page. The owner of this disco club is also an antiquarian. Her recent collection includes a map, which is told to lead to Poison…”

“That’s non-sense!”, YongGuk cut him off. “We found Poison under that high remote mountain, brought it back to the City and accidentally lost it! And now it’s claimed to be a hidden antique treasure?”

“What we found wasn’t the real Poison!”, HimChan concluded after reading some information about that gem. “The real one is believed to have pure color, almost like a diamond but much more beautiful and it gives you a strange feeling when you see it!”

“Seriously? I thought the one we found also had pure color, and I felt strange when I touched it!”, DaeHyun scratched his head, wondering.

“It was because you were so happy to find it after a long and tough adventure!”, YoungJae patted DaeHyun’s head slightly while blaming him for being not able to distinguish his normal feeling with the special feeling Poison gave.

“Maybe that’s true! Because it was too easy for us! If it was the real powerful Poison that legend says, it would have been hidden deeper and more challenging!”,

Taking back the iPad from HimChan, YoungJae decided, “Anyway… It’s the only source of information we have. But it seems that this woman won’t give the map free to us or sell it so we have to come to that club and steal it! Are you ready?”

HimChan told the girls, “The first mission is always the hardest one!”

The girls exchanged their look to one another and nodded, “We’re ready!”

 

=====================================POISON13==================================

 

“How far have you come? Where are you hiding?
Have you come into my heart? I-I-I-I-I-I like you!”

HimChan barely negotiated a tricky path involved slithering through a crowd of people passionately moving their bodies to the funky disco song. Looking at the picture of the club-owner on the surface of his wristwatch, HimChan recognized she was dancing in the center of the dancefloor.

An attractive lady, that was what HimChan described her when he first saw her. Compared with all the girls he had met, including HyoSung, she could be put somewhere in the middle of the top of the list. She looked energetic and young. The way her slim and nubile body sprang up and down skittishly, nobody would think she had such a classic hobby like an antiquarian.

“She is 32 years old!”, YoungJae added after reading a long profile of her for HimChan.

“WUT?”, HimChan pressed the micro earphone deeper inside his ear to listen more clearly. Was it because of the loud music or because HimChan thought that woman was much younger?

“Ok, whatever happens just stick to the plan! Good luck Chan!”, YoungJae said his last words to encourage the Commander before he started his moves.

His chance came. The pretty woman made her way to the sideline, towards where HimChan was standing. Coolly leaned against the pillar, he showed off a y smile on the plump, soft lips when she passed by. With the spiffy swag appearance, a sultry hairstyle, and a hot piercing stare which made girls want to jump on him, HimChan watched over her to give her a sign that ‘you’re on my radar’.

The lady came back to her seat on a bend couch, alone, crossing her legs. Picking up her juice glass and taking a brief sip, she noticed HimChan’s eyes on her. Suddenly, she felt like an electric shock. She hadn’t been in relationship with any guys lately. She was fed up with those young boys took advantage of her, spending her money on other younger girls. But why did she have these kinds of feelings towards HimChan?

“Where did you come from? I can’t keep my eyes off of you
I like the look of your eyes
I want to go to your side, but I don’t have the guts, my heart is trembling
I’m hesitant”

She shook her head to brush away those ual desires towards HimChan. However, after turning her head away for a minute, her eyes sought back to HimChan again. This time, he was there in front of her. A smile came up together with an invitation, “Sit down please!”

“Thank you!”, even though the song “Roly Poly” was a bit too loud, but his husky voice slurred over it to impress her. HimChan took a seat but not too close to her. Still, that was enough for her heart to skip a beat. “May I know your name?”

The club owner lifted the corner of her lips up sheepishly, “Park Jung Ah” (*Jewelry’s ex-member)

“What a beautiful name!”, HimChan reached out for her hands while gazing his twinkling eyes at hers. “Can we talk somewhere else more quiet?”

“Sure!”, JungAh lusted after his warm and sensuous pillow-y palms. She couldn’t stop herself from wanting him badly. Blaming the song for expressing so exactly her feelings right now, JungAh stood up and signaled HimChan to follow her.

“I don’t know what to do, I don’t know
I’m going crazy, I don’t want to lose you
I want to get closer to you
So you can’t leave my sight”

Finally, HimChan reached his goal. Walking behind her to the back of the club, HimChan carefully pressed the micro earphone, “Guys, I’m in!”