.:::POISON: Chapter 19:::.

►POISON◄

“Ah jinja… She’s so cute!”, HyunAe had been Kitty for a long time and she didn’t get bored with it. YongGuk looked at them with a big jealousy. She laughed cutely when the lion leaned its head on her thigh. How ridiculous now she even liked the lion more than him, they had just met for some hours!

“It’s late! Let’s go to sleep!”, he whined and urged her. Before storming into his room, he kicked Kitty on its leg to express his madness.

“What’s wrong with him?”, HyunAe rubbed the leg of Kitty that was kicked by YongGuk and caressed her the last time. “Ok I’m going to sleep now! Good night Kitty!”

When she entered the room, YongGuk had already laid on the bed. It seemed that he wasn’t sleeping. But he kept silent and waited for her to lay down.

“Neomu apa!”, YongGuk said quietly. He frowned while holding his shoulder.

“Your wound is still hurt? It hasn’t completely healed yet?”, HyunAe tucked the sleeve a bit higher to take a look at his wound. She gently removed the bandage. It was still bleeding inside.

“That’s strange!”, HyunAe sat up and got out of the bed to get the aid-box. “It’s been several days and it’s still bleeding!”

She came back with some cotton balls and wiped away the blood. YongGuk bit his lips when the antiseptic from the cotton ball made him feel more painful. Though, he didn’t groan a word. Seeing him bearing the pain with difficulty, she grabbed his hands and let him squeezed them. Suddenly, HyunAe wanted to share the pain with him. He always looked rude and cold outside but inside, he was very soft-hearted. After the wound was dressed, he fell asleep right away.

As a habit, HyunAe plugged her earphones in and listened to some songs before going to sleep. As she laid down again, he gave her a kiss on the cheek, “Ok I can sleep now!”, and closed his eyes immediately.

His sudden action reminded her of what he had told this afternoon. Everything about his past: how close he was with JiEun, how many difficulties they had been through together. What HyunAe remembered the most was when JiEun slashed him on his face and left a scar, but then, when YongGuk met her, it disappeared.

“You’re like a painkiller to me. Since I met you, I haven’t felt any pain. Even though you always pissed me off by reminding me of JiEun, but I don’t feel as hurt as I used to. At first I thought it was an assumption but more and more, I think I love you…”

His confession was said by his warm low voice kept echoing in her mind. While HyunAe was busy thinking, he woke up again and noticed she hadn’t slept yet. “Aish! This stubborn Princess keeps doing things that are bad for her health, skipping meals, now she even stays up late. Gotta teach her a lesson!”.

Immediately, YongGuk crawled on her. HyunAe screamed as she gasped and struggled out but her hands were kept by him. Then he made her stay quietly and leaned down closer to her face. She closed her eyes and shook her head. Suddenly, he burst to laugh and let go of her.

“Haha Don’t worry! I’m not that kind of guy. If I really want it, I’ll ask you first!”, YongGuk got inside the blanket. Her face turned all red and she heard her heart talking something like it was about to explode. What kind of kidding was that?

“But if you don’t sleep now, I’ll do that. SERIOUSLY!”, he warned. All he aimed to was making her scared and sleep because he knew she wouldn’t listen if he didn’t do something scary. “Don’t make me worry! I mean, I’ll protect you of course. And even die for you but it doesn’t mean you can harm yourself. SO PLEASE SLEEP NOW!”, YongGuk sat up again to fix the blanket for her and rolled back to sleep.

There were two things that HyunAe heard at that moment: her own fast heartbeat and the song played on her music player. Every words of the lyrics ran through her mind.

 

“You tell me you're in love with me
Like you can't take your pretty eyes away from me
It's not that I don't want to stay
But every time you come too close I move away

I wanna believe in everything you say
'Cause it sounds so good
But if you really want me, move slow
There’re things about me you just have to know

I don't wanna be so shy
Every time that I'm alone I wonder why
Hope that you will wait for me
You'll see that you're the only one for me”

 

Since he closed his eyes and slept, her eyes hadn’t moved away from his face. She stared at him like that was the only direction she could turn to. And she didn’t know why. A strange feeling approached her stomach and her heart was racing. The kind of protective guy like YongGuk seemingly was an ideal for her. “!”, HyunAe facepalmed herself, “NO NO NO NO NO NO…”. Ruffling her hair, she realized one important thing, “GEEZ I’M IN LOVE WITH YOU!”

“Sometimes I run
Sometimes I hide
Sometimes I'm scared of you
But all I really want is to hold you tight
Treat you right, be with you day and night
Baby all I need is time

Just hang around and you'll see
There's nowhere I'd rather be
If you love me, trust in me
The way that I trust in you”

 

HyunAe turned off the music player immediately and closed her eyes tightly to sleep. “Sometimes I run. Sometimes I hide. Sometimes I’m scared of you. But all I really want is to hold you tight, treat you right, be with you day and night. All I need is time!”

 

=====================================POISON19==================================

 

“Grr…”, AhSeung’s lips quivered. She shivered with cold. No one never knew how terribly the cold of the night forest is if they have never been there. Even staying inside three layers of blanket wasn’t enough to warm her up.

But it wasn’t that cold to YoungJae since he had experienced this before. In fact, he had stayed in this place for a long time. Despite his not feeling cold, he still couldn’t sleep at all since AhSeung hadn’t said anything after his confession. While he was tossing and turning in bed, he saw her shaking.

“Are you cold?”, he asked, with a caring voice. And that voice was as warm as a big fireside.

AhSeung couldn’t answer normally as her teeth were ice-cold. She just simply nodded and rolled deeper into the blankets.

“I have this idea… My sweater is oversize. I think it’s big enough for you to get in!”, he suggested. And without waiting for her reaction, he lifted up his thick sweater, put it over AhSeung’s head, making it cover her. They were staying in the same sweater. She had to admit that it was much warmer now.

“You like it?”, YoungJae flashed his satisfying grin. Snuggling into his chest, AhSeung replied with another nod. Even though he was wearing a shirt under his sweater, she still could feel the warmth from his soft skin inside it.

“Thank you!”, AhSeung slipped her hands under the sweater and around his waist. Finally, she could express her gratefulness to him after two times failed because he had fallen asleep before that. And she even added, “I love you too…”

 

=====================================POISON19==================================

 

Zelo climbed on the wood roof, silently, in order not to let MinHee know. Gently put a coat over her shoulders, he sat down next to her. “It’s cold!”

MinHee startled. “I think you are sleeping…”

“Battery full.”, Zelo showed his wristwatch and pointed at it as he was afraid lest she wouldn’t believe him.

Then they both looked up to the sky. “Waaaa…”, Zelo uttered his astonishment. The cold night sky was lightened up by a million of bright stars, especially, the two full moons. The moons were very big and close that he thought they could even reach them

“I know… It looks beautiful right?”, MinHee beamed at the wonderful scenery.

Zelo knitted his hands together, put them in front of his chest and told her, “They say if you make a wish under the two full moons, it will come true!”. Then he closed his eyes and wished sincerely.

When he opened his eyes, MinHee asked him immediately, “So? Does yours come true?”

“YES!”, he smiled happily to her and giggled himself.

“Really? What did you wish?”, MinHee felt so surprised as she had never believed in those legends, and she had never seen any of them coming true.

“I wished to have the one I love next to me. And how magically, when I open my eyes, you’re here!”, Zelo looked deeply into her eyes.

MinHee didn’t know what to say or what to do. She just stared at him, just merely stared. And as a natural reaction, he stared back at her, into her round eyes.

“Don’t give me that look! You make the stars envy your limpid black eyes. And even my heart can’t stand them…”, Zelo looked away to avoid her eye-contact. He didn’t want to turn his head but he blushed.

“I’m really surprised!”, MinHee asked, “How can a robot has those feelings?”

“Because I’m just half robot. Only half of my body was replaced by robot items”, Zelo answered, solving her question. “You want to hear my story?”. Of course, MinHee nodded.

“I lost my family on the Civil War, when I was very young. I don’t know exactly when but I know I was just a little kid at that time because I have this picture”, Zelo took out a photo of two people, a little boy and a girl who was a bit taller than him. “Then when I was old enough, I was chosen to be in a suicide troops. Luckily, I haven’t died until almost the end of the war. But on the final day, there was an explosion, I was thrown out to the sky and fell down on the street. You can say how lucky I am or I would have been dead. The hyungs found me alive. They helped me. Bang hyung replaced the dead parts of my body with artificial items while Jae hyung connected them with my brain. When I woke up, I became a whole new person… Ah… Half human, half robot. Only my brain and my heart weren’t damaged!”

“You even have a heart?”, MinHee rounded her eyes to the max.

Zelo shook his head because he didn’t think she still didn’t believe he was a human. “You don’t believe me? You can check!”

MinHee pressed her ears against the warm right chest of his and listened carefully to it, “Hey… It’s beating!”, she cheered merrily with surprise.

Zelo closed his eyes and felt the warmth spreading from her. The little MinHee was leaning on him, staying inside his grip. There would be nothing he would exchange with this moment. And her hair. The scent of it was just so… it was light, and unique… It was so MinHee!