Back in class

Specialist - The Journey

 

I wasn’t allowed out of my bed or even out of the infirmary for over a week, so during lunch Mia, Miyoung and Brynn would come visit. Sometimes it’d also just be one or two people. Eli would also visit me every once in a while and sometimes even with one of his friends.
I’ve met Kevin, a very cute and feminine guy who’s Animin is a happy and lovable golden retriever, and AJ who was very quiet with his owl sitting on his shoulder.

I laid upright in the bed, if that even made sense, and red some of the notes Mia had taken during class. Science seemed to be different than how I used to learn it. Apparently we learned about how to make potions and medicines instead of learning chemistry formulas and we learned more about the Animins and the animals in the other world, mostly from the Lanero Empire. 

History was about the four Empires’ past and the wars they used to have. 

Language classes were based on Mashek and Bando, the other two languages that are spoken in the other world. 

While reading I noticed I didn’t even know the worlds name. I knew the Empires, but not the name of the planet. I should ask the next person who visits me. 

And like as if my thoughts were read, Eli, Mia and one of Eli’s friends entered the room. 

“Hey!” Mia greeted and waved. I waved back and smiled. 

“How are you?” Eli asked. “Good. Nothing new.” 

“This is Hoon,” He pointed to his friend who had light brown hair. He looked really friendly and kind. He smiled and his eyes seemed to glisten. “Hi” He said and I returned the greeting. 

“So here are today’s notes,” Mia placed some papers on the table next to me, “and I have to go because Professor Kim gave made us do a ton of research on the four Empires and stuff. She is so strict! Well, I’ll see you later!!” 

“God luck!” I called after her. We were all silent for a while and then I remembered what I wanted to ask. 

“What’s the planet’s name?” 

Eli was just getting his rabbit, Harry, off the floor and placed him at my feet. The rabbit hopped over and laid on my tummy as I his soft fur. 

“It’s called Planet Lalt. They used the Empire’s first letter to create it.” I nodded. Only then did I notice that Hoon didn’t have an animal with him. I thought that Animins went everywhere you went. 

“Where’s your-”

“He’s right here.” Hoon cut me off and a little brown furry animal jumped up onto my bed, scaring me slightly. 

“A meerkat? How cute! What’s his name?” I asked as the animal approached me. 

“HER name is Shan.” He corrected. I pet her head. 

“Hi Shan, I’m Ren.” I introduced myself. If my old friends could see me, they’d think I was crazy. I probably was anyways. Hoom chuckled and I looked at him saying ‘What?’ with my expression.

“How do you choose a Animin?” I asked still petting Shan

“You don’t choose them. You go into a room full of animals after taking a test and then you’ll hear a voice in your head. Your Animin tests you and if you find him or her you just go back out and yeah… that’s pretty much it.”

“Oh.” It was silent for a while

“Did you expect some kind of grand ritual that had to be done with giving blood or something?” Eli joked

I glared at him. Jerk. 

Hoon stifled a laugh making me look at him with a questionable face again. 

“So what’s your power, Hoon?” 

“Uh ,I can read minds.” He said while rubbing his neck like as if he were ashamed of it. But then it dawned on me. This whole time he could hear my thoughts. Oh god. Why? WHY? 

Hoon smiled again, making me redden with embarrassment. GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!

Hoon blinked a few times and raised his eyebrows. “You don’t have to yell you know. It kind of hurts.” 

I automatically felt sorry. 

“It’s ok. Happens all the time. Like literally all the time.” He smiled. 

 

“Good morning, Ren. Nice to have you back.” Professor Kim said as I walked into the classroom behind Mia. 

“Ren.” She called after me. I turned and she waved me over. “I’m afraid you can’t sit next to Mia, all seats around her are taken.” 

How in the world did she know? Can she also read minds? 

“Don’t worry, I can’t read minds,” She cuckled, “I just know that you two are good friends. There’s a spot next to Chanyeol in the back, ok?” 

I nodded and sat down next to him. “Hi, I’m Chanyeol!” He greeted with a bright smile. It was strangely contagious and I found myself smiling back. 

“I’m Ren. Nice to meet you.” 

“We are all really relieved that you’re better. When we heard what happened we were all shocked.”

It was really sweet that he was concerned and I caught myself smiling again. 

 

Class was relatively interesting but I found it hard to understand some thing since I had been missing. 

Every once in a while I’d glance at Chanyeol’s notes to see if I could understand it better and he would always turn his notes for me to see them better. 

*DDDRRRRIIINNGGG*

“Alright, I want all of you to review this till tomorrow! I will be quizzing you orally!” Professor Kim shouted into the buzzing class. I was surprised that her small body could produce such a great volume. 

“Ren! I’d like to see you for a moment!!” 

I zig zagged through the students and reached her desk. She handed me some papers. “I took the liberty of giving you some notes I wrote down for you since your friend sometimes daydreams and misses some things that are important.” 

I looked at her with wide eyes. “Uh, thank you.” I said in astonishment. No teacher had ever done this for me. “Thank you so much.” 

She smiled. “Not a problem, Ren. As you know we like to see this school as a big family, so we also act that way. Now get going to your next class!” 

“Thank you Professor Kim! Bye Edison!” I called while leaving. 

“And Ren!” I stopped at the door and turned. “Call me Taeyeon-shi.” I smiled, nodded and left.

 

 

 

 

It feels like I'm just crawling forward at the speed of a snail with this story!! -.- I'll try and write more simple in the next chapter to speed things up, but I'm not going to make any promises, ok? 
Anyways, thank you for reading!!! 
Please don't forget to COMMENT and if you want subscribe because I really would love to know what you think of my story!!  Thank you~!! ^^