Meeting people

Specialist - The Journey

 

I arrived in maths class just two seconds before the bell rang, earning a strict glare form my teacher. I jumped slightly. “Sorry.” I mumbled as I turned to the classroom to see where I could sit. 

The seats next to Mia were all taken, unfortunately, but there was a seat free in the second row, but unluckily  in the middle. I blew up my cheeks and sat down, getting my things out. 

“Hi.” My neighbor whispered to me. I looked over to see a boy with baby cheeks, black short hair and a wide grin on his face. 

“Hi.” I whispered back. “I’m Dongho.” He greeted. “I’m Ren.” I replied and he nodded. “I know.” 

“Middle of the second row. What could you possibly be talking about that is so important that you don’t need to pay attention to what I am teaching here?” Our teacher almost shouted. 

We both instantly shut up and started scribbling down notes.

We didn’t talk for the rest of the hour as we tried to participate and note down as much as possible to make up for talking in class, but it was obvious that our teacher wasn’t the forgiving kind. He never called on us when we raised our hands, he preferred to do it the other way around and humiliate us in front of the entire class. 

When the bell finally ringed we both sighed and let our pens drop. That was one intense hour. 

“Sorry about before. I-”

“You should be sorry.” a strict voice behind me said. 

Dongho’s eyes wandered upwards as his smile faded. I turned around, slowly even though I already knew what was behind me.  

Our teachers eyes were shooting holes into our heads, not literally but who knows what power he has! 

“Uh… S-Sorry about before.” I stuttered. 

“Yeah, it, uh, it won’t happen again.” Dongho added. 

He didn’t say anything. He just kept starring at us. “I won’t punish you since you were only introducing yourselves, but if you talk to each other of to any other student while I am teaching than you will get punished. Is that clear?” 

We both nodded, scarred he’d scold us for talking again but to our surprise he smiled. “Wonderful. I believe you didn’t catch my name since you were almost late, Miss Ellnor,” I lowered my head in shame at how he pronounced late in a very sharp tone, “I am your math teacher Professor Cho. I might look young but I am older than you’ll actually believe.” He said before leaving, a black furry animal, slightly bigger than a cat, following him. 

You looked at Dongho who’s face was still marked with fear. “He’s scary.” I nodded and chuckled at his grimace.

 

Science passed by fast as it was fun and entertaining. Our teacher, though he was a bit strange and awkward, was quite funny and very nice. He told us from the beginning that his power was to sense things before they happened and he introduced us to his pet a turtle. Unfortunately I forgot his name once I heard it. 

Afterwards we had Languages. I was quite excited to learn a new language, never thought it’d be an alien language but non the less I was happy. 

It was quite hard for me to keep up, but Taeyeon-shi went extra slow so that I could keep up. She was a really nice teacher despite her strict appearance. 

 

“So how do like classes?” Mia asked as we scoped food onto our plates.

“Great, except for Professor Cho, he’s scary.” 

We walked into the eating area that still took my breath away and sat ourselves next to Miyoung and Brynn who were already there. 

“Yeah, he’s super strict and gives a lot of homework, but he really wants you to be good in the subject and once I went to him after class to ask a question and he was actually really nice.” 

“Ooh~ Mia!” Miyoung teased and wiggled her eyebrows. 

“EW! You are so disgusting! He’s a teacher and who know’s how old he is!” 

We all giggled at how she reddened at the comment. 

“Can we also sit here?” I heard a familiar voice say. Chanyeol stood in front of our table with some, I counted  five friends with him. So six boys in total. I was really glad that the tables were big. 

“Yeah, sure, I bet that side of the table is a bit lonely, so sit!” Miyoung beamed.

 

 

 

 

I know it's a bit short, but if I would have added the lunch scene, then it would be waaaaayyy~~ too long... so I wanted to save that for another chapter. 

Also it's quite late, I have a headache and I am suuuuper tired from being on my feet (almost) all day. 
But I still hope that you like it!!
Thank you for reading and please, pweeety pwease comment!!! I'd just like to know how you like the story, ok? Nothing more :)