27

Specialist - The Journey

 

‘Ren, I’d like to introduce you to someone’ Youngguk smiled as I approached him and, surprisingly standing next to him, Soohyun and Luhan. I looked from him to them and back to him. ‘I’ve noticed that you’ve learned all my techniques and that you know how to react to me now, so I’ve decided to change your trainer. These are Soohyun and Luhan, they’ll train you from now on.’ I smiled and nodded, trying not to laugh. 

‘Hi, guys.’ They nodded their heads and smiled. ‘How are you holding up?’ Luhan asked. I could tell Youngguk was confused since we weren’t speaking in bando. ‘Wait you guys know each other?’ We all nodded and laughed when Youngguk stood there with his mouth wide open. ‘Well… I… uh, I…’ he stammered. Soohyun pat his back. ‘It’s ok, we’ll take care of her.’ Youngguk nodded and pat my shoulder as he walked off to some soldiers who were training. ‘How’ve you guys been?’ Instead of giving an answer, Soohyun hugged me tight. ‘Don’t ever run away like that again, little miss! We were all so worried about you!’ He scolded after letting me go. I looked at the floor and bit my lip. ‘Mia, Brynn and Miyoung panicked like madwomen when you didn’t come after the vacation!’ Luhan pulled Soohyun back and smiled at me. ‘But we understand what happened and they are really relieved to know that you’re doing ok. Now shall we start?’ 

 

Training with Soohyun and Luhan was something totally different than training with Youngguk. First off, it was always two against one, meaning them against me. It was difficult since both of their powers where powers of the mind. It was a training that involved less fighting and more thinking. Between Soohyun trying to make me feel insecure and venerable and Luhan trying to make me kneel it was tiring to even keep my thoughts straight. After only ten minutes I was laying on the floor, the suns blazing above me, sweat pearls running down my head and my breath shaking. I was over heating in the jacket and skirt and so I did what Arathna actually suggested me not to do. I huffed as I pulled the jacket off of me, revealing my , letting the cool breeze refresh it. It felt so good and I smiled, feeling refreshed and reenergized. ‘Ren, what are you doing?’ Soohyun yelled across from me. I opened one eye to look at him. ‘What? It’s hot!’ I defended. Luhan chuckled as Soohyun shook his head, crossing his arms. I sighed and got up, ready to fight them again. 

‘How about we fight with weapons.’ I suggested, walking over to the little hut filled with all kinds of weapons. ‘Are you sure about that?’ I smirked and nodded. Luhan just raised his eyebrow and followed me. ‘Guys I don’t think that’s such a good idea.’ I looked at the different weapons, thinking which would be best. ‘Fine, then I’ll fight Luhan alone, but I would learn faster if both of you fought me.’ Soohyun sighed heavily in disapproval. ‘Sure, but you don’t know how we fight and how good we are yet, so..’ ‘So, I’ll fight Luahn now, you later and tomorrow both of you.’ I finished, giving him a teasing smile. ‘Whatever. Do what you want.’ Luhan laughed as Soohyun walked over to a bench in the shade to sit down. 

In the end Luhan chose a sword and a dagger and I chose a sword pair. They were a bit shorter than Luhans sword but I was very familiar with them and could fight well with them. 

We stood across from each other almost in the middle of the courtyard in front of the tent. Without warning Luhan charged to me, sword in hand, eyes deadly. I easily blocked his attack, and kicked his legs away. It would have ended then and there, hadn’t he used his power to grab one sword from me and letting it drop next to Soohyun’s feet and attacking me in the second I was off guard. I did a spin and swung my sword around making it crash against his. From my other hand I let a beam shoot out with only cold colors. It hit his chest making him stumble back a bit. I did a spin and kicked would have hit his head, but he ducked, swinging his leg, trying to take my feet away from under me, but I expected it and did a handsfree cartwheel. 

I was successful in cutting of the belt on which he had his dagger hanging and kicking it far away so that we were fair on a weapon stand point. Our swords shattered against each other. Our faces were close and we both panted heavily. ‘You’re good.’ He said with a smirk. ‘Likewise.’ I breathed back and in the speed of light I raised my leg, letting it hit against his most private area. He crouched down and rolled on the floor in pain. 

All of a sudden cheers went up around us. I looked around, seeing the soldiers, maids, servants and generals that had gathered around us to watch the fight. I smiled a bit before dropping my sword and falling to my knees. 

‘Did you have to do that?’ Luhan gasped, still in pain. I laughed apologetically. ‘Sorry.’ Soohyun jogged over to us. ‘That was impressive.’ He said holding a bowl of water out to me. I took some gulps and handed it over to Luhan who finished the rest. ‘Did I hurt you anywhere?’ I shook my head. ‘It’s fine, the soaps here have healing powers so I won’t feel anything later. And I hope you don’t either.’  

 

‘Miss Ren! Miss Ren!’ I turned to see a young girl run down the hall towards me. ‘Where are you going, Miss Ren?’ She asked with sparkling eyes. I smiled at her. ‘To the kitchen, I’m going to help with todays meal.’ She clapped and giggled in delight. ‘I saw your fight today, Miss. You were really amazing!’ She beamed and I knew I was blushing. ‘What’s your name?’ She bowed. ‘It’s Loyla, Miss, I’m the emperor’s daughters maid.’ The emperor has a daughter? I thought he only had three sons? ‘Daughter?’ She nodded with a smile. ‘She doesn’t leave her room too much, but she’s very nice and very talented.’ Huh, I never heard anyone say anything about the emperor having a daughter. ‘Oh, I’m supposed to give you this from her.’ she said, taking a letter out of her pocket and handing it to me. She bowed. ‘I have to go now, Miss Ren. Good bye.’ I bowed my head as well. ‘Good bye, Loyle, I hope to see you around.’ I watched the girl walk back the way she came until she had disappeared in the little crowd. 

I turned and continued to walk as I looked at the letter. ‘Miss Ren’ It simply read on the cover. I opened it and took out a folded piece of paper. I did not expect what I saw and I screamed in terror.

 

 

~ ~ ~ ~

 

ok, here's the next chapter~!! hope you like it and that it's not too bring >.< 

Thank you for reading~~!!! ^^