33

Specialist - The Journey

 

We walked out of the trees, becoming fully visible to the black floating creatures that seemed to be pacing back and fourth in front of us. They didn’t look at us, they didn’t react. This is weird. Indeed it is. I wonder why they are not attacking. Or not attacking yet. I have a feeling they will soon. We walked to wards the invisible line at separated the two empires and there was still no reaction from the creatures. Maganor. They are called Maganors. I remember now. They are quiet powerful and very fast. Do not underestimate them. Good to know, thanks. Just as one passed only two meters in front of me and the others, I could see them all taking in deep breaths. ‘Are you ok?’ I whispered to Kai who stood next to me. ‘Something about them makes me dizzy.’ He said while rubbing his eyes to make the dizziness go away. Strange, I don’t feel anything. Of course you wouldn’t. What’s that? Nothing. I took a stop forward and instantly the air changed. There was a loud screech and without thinking I raised my sword and at the same time I shot orange beams out around the sword and to one or the Maganors. ‘What the-’ I starred at my sword for a second. I never knew I could do that. ‘Ren! Look out!!’ Someone shouted and I spun around, swinging my sword into the Maganor that was after me. Before there were only ten or twelve but now. Now there seemed to be hundreds. The sky was filled with black blobs that flew around and trails of black smoke following them. In the middle, Kris fought against them along with Fellise, Hyde and Andy. I saw Mia shooting them from the sky with a lot of skill as at the same time a thick vein exploded from the ground, wrapping around some Maganors and pulling them back into the dirt. Now that they weren’t still and their capes were flying int eh wind as they rushed through the air, they were actually very terrifying because they didn’t have a body. It was like they were just black smoke covered with a cape and having a brain. It was confusing. I felt a lot of dark energy behind me and I shot different colored beams out in that direction before I could even see what it was. And when I did, I wish I hadn’t. There were maybe two dozen Maganors flying towards me and they too shot beams. But beams in black color. My sword was colored blue and pink since I was shooting those color beams from my right hand and as they came closer, I forced my beams to wrap around the sword, creating a shield around it and I ran towards the black creatures. It seemed to be far to easy to shield myself from their beams and fight at the same time. Easier than it ever was. Like I already knew their fighting techniques and what they were going to do next. 

 

Despite it being easy, it didn’t stop. It kept going and going like there was no end. ‘Ren!’ I quickly shot a glance at where the shout came from. It was Eli who was under attack from far too many Maganors that he could ever handle. Quickly I shot some beams and made a hole between the black and I ran to him, shooting beam after beam, making them curve and twist, follow other Maganors and kill them until I reached him. We stood side by side, fighting and helping each other and I noticed he seemed to be slower than me. But that didn’t matter since there were too many Maganors around to think of that. I shot a blue ray to one and a red to another, switching my colors to kill them in different ways, finding the most affective one but they all seemed to be a bit too weak. I swung my sword into one and another, reflecting their rays with it and killing them with it. It then hit me. The opposite of black is white. That would mean I would have to create a white beam out of all colors to destroy them more efficiently. ‘Eli, put a shield around us!’ He did so and I focused on all my energy. I mixed the colors together and brightened them. I could feel my own power draining, but I could also feel the power in the beam increasing. ‘Remove the shield!’ I shouted at Eli with my eyes closed tight. When the shields presence was gone, I let the white beam shoot out of my hands. My sword glowed brightly, covered with the beam and my other hand held a ball of white light in it. One after another, I destroyed them, and as the beams hit them, they disappeared, leaving their coats and masks behind. My vision was starting to become blurry, but I pushed further, directing my rays at the Maganors near AJ and Kris. Then at Mia and Kai. Fighting, turning, sliding, destroying them one by one and ten by ten. When the majority of them were gone, the rest screamed and started to flea. I shot my beams after them, chasing them until I couldn’t see them anymore. It was quiet for a second and I pulled my energy back inside, my sword loosing its glow as well as my hand. I panted and I could feel the sweat run down my face. Black blobs started to appear in my sight and then all I could see was the ground rushing up to me.

 

 

~ ~ ~ ~ 

 

 

Double update today~!! This is an apology for not updating in so long! I really am sorry that I can't update so often, but I am always working on the story (in class during breaks, when I'm supposed to learn ^^) and thinking of new things~

Thank you for reading AND PLEASE COMMENT I would like to know if I'm doing a horrible job ^^
Thank you~ and happy reading~ :)