Finding them...

Specialist - The Journey

 

‘I understand’ was all he said after we explained our story. ‘And you need my help?’ 

‘Yes, sir.’ Siwon answered. The emperor chuckled. 

He chuckled. Not only that, but he even started to laugh. We all looked at each other and then back to him. 

‘My dear friends. You don’t need to fear anything!’ He said after he had calmed down. My eyebrows drew closer together. 

‘Sir?’ Key asked

‘Miss Ren, your parents are fine. I sent some soldiers to go and fetch them because I needed them again.’

My mouth hung wide open. You have got to be kidding me!

‘I also wanted to meet you and actually sent for you as well, but obviously you weren’t home. But you are here now and I am very happy about that.’ He smiled

‘Why didn’t you leave a note or something?! I was scared to death about them!! And about Rubin!! I mean--’

‘Ren!!’ Kai nudged me in the side, making me aware that I was just yelling at the emperor of Lanero. 

‘I’m sorry, I didn’t--’

‘It’s perfectly fine Ren, I understand.’ He cut me off. ‘I’m sure anyone would be terrified if something like that happened to them. I probably wouldn’t even have listened to the conversation and would beat it out of the person immediately. I am very grateful you are not like that.’ He smiled. 

I blushed and looked at my feet. My shoes were worn. I should get some new ones soon. But I like them too much to throw them away. 

‘I’ll lead you to your parents.’ The emperor declared. ‘But I’m not going to guarantee that you’ll like the location.’

‘You don’t mean--’

‘Yes I do mean, Siwon. They’d know about it sooner or later and I believe that their powers can protect them.’  He interrupted. I saw Key’s and Siwon’s eyes grow big. 

‘Where are we going?’ Hoon asked

Key turned and looked at him with an anxious expression. ‘You’ll see’ He almost choked. 

 

We walked through hall ways and rooms, courtyards and gardens, trough the castles entrance and down a dirt road to some sort of vehicles. They didn’t have wheels, they didn’t even touch the floor. They hovered about twenty centimeters over it, non moving. The vehicle we went to was rather big, since it had to fit eight people in to it - the emperors two body guards also joined us - and it was all black. The windows were even black. 

 

The vehicle was fast and not bumpy at all. We passed villages and fields and camps that had the same green flag at every entrance. I guess those were army bases.

We drove into one and drove past small tents, groups of men in uniforms carrying weapons and bags. 

The vehicle stopped in front of a big tent, its entrance had two green flags on each side. The doors of the vehicle opened and we all got out, Hoon being last. 

‘Emperor Remnon!’ I tall man greeted. ‘we weren’t expecting you today.’

He smiled awkwardly as he bowed to the king. 

‘How many times have I told you you shouldn’t bow to me, General?’

‘Too many, sir.’ The man in the suit smiled. ‘But it’s a habit.’ 

‘One you should get rid of. And I’m here because I’ve got some visitors for our two specialists.’ 

The guard next to me nudged me and motioned me to go forward. The emperor laid a hand on my shoulder and smiled that the general. 

‘This is their daughter.’ He smiled. The general looked at me and then back at the emperor and then back at me. 

‘Miss Ren?’ I blushed at the name ‘Miss’ but didn’t say anything

‘I don’t think Ren would mind if you left the Miss away, General.’ 

‘Uh, yes, sir, of course, sir.’ He stuttered. 

‘Now, we must be on our way, General. Good bye.’ We passed the general, who’s mouth hung wide open in shock. 

‘That was General Fort. His first name is General and last name is Fort. And he also is General of this fleet, so the name is quite fitting, don’t you think?’ The emperor smiled. I nodded.

Who names their kid General? Did they already choose his future for him of something?

His mother was some kind of fortune teller. 

Rubin?!

Yes, I’m here. Very close even.

Oh my gosh, Rubin I am so sorry!! I’m sorry I didn’t listen to you before!! I was so worried, I’m so sorry!!

It’s ok, Ren. Calm down. I’m sure the emperor is wondering why you’re making such weird faces. 

‘Can you hear your Animin?’ He then asked like on cue. I couldn’t help but smile and nod. 

‘Yes, he says he’s very close.’ 

We turned into a room and I saw something I thought I’d never see.

 

 

 

 

hi~!! Sorry for not updating in a while, but now that school has started again, the work has just been a lot and my energy level at the end of the day is sow low that I all I want to do is go to bed. 

But here's a new chapter~!! And maybe (MAYBE) I'll get around to write another one this weekend. :)
But no promisses, ok? 
Anywyas thanks for reading~!! :D