Meeting the Professor

Specialist - The Journey

 

I wanted to say thank you to Nightstar_2107 for subscribing!!!! THANK YOU!!! I actually started this story thinking 'I don't really care about subscribers since I just would like to write' but when I do get one I am always very very very happy because I know that at least someone out there likes my story :) Thank you soooo much!! 

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

 

 

“Thanks!” Chanyeol beamed back and they all sat down. 

Chanyeol took the seat next to me and smiled at me, I smiled back. “I’m Ren and these are Mia, Brynn and Miyoung.” I introduced them.

They introduced each other as well, starting from Tao. After him was Chanyeol, then another tall boy who looked pretty young, his name is Sehun, then came Kai, D.O and then next to Miyoung Chen. 

“Kai and Chen are also in our class, Ren.” Chanyeol said. 

“Yeah, I remember you’re able to teleport, right Kai?” He nodded while chewing on his food but didn’t say anything. He didn’t even smile. I tried to not let it bother me and turned my attention to the discussion. 

“So what are your powers?” Miyoung asked them, or more the table. 

“I can control the wind!” Sehun chirped.
“Really? That’s cool!! Can you show us?” Miyoung asked but Sehun shook his head. 

“You know we can’t use our power outside of PCC class unless we can control them. I’ve still got a lot to learn.” 

Miyoung nodded and turned to Mia. “What’s your power? You’ve never told me.”

Mia swallowed what she was chewing “I can talk to plants” she said with a smile

“Really? Can you make them do things?” D.O asked.

“I’ve never really thought about trying that! I’ll try it out right after lunch!” 

“So what are the rest of your powers?” I asked. 

“I can change things. Like I can change a metal rod into a circle and stuff like that. Apparently if I really learn to control my power, then I could even change things into different materials.” Miyoung smiled, “And Brynn is a shield like Professor Kim.” 

We all looked at her. She shrunk back a bit but nodded to confirm Miyoungs statement.

“That’s really cool! I bet you’ll be a lot of help when we go to war.” Chanyeol said, breaking the silence.

Brynn smiled and nodded again. 

“I can actually have to power of earth. I’m not sure what I can do with it yet, but I’m still learning. Up till now I can already build a sandcastle and I’m getting better and fast at it with every time I do it.” D.O said. 

“wow, maybe you and Mia could be like super partners that control earth and plants!” Miyoung joked making the two kids blush. 

“What can you do Chen?” Mia asked trying to move the light away from herself. 

“Uh, I can control electricity.” We all looked at him with wide eyes. He smiled awkwardly and Chanyeol cleared his throat. “And I can control fire.” 

“So your power is similar to Ren’s, isn’t it?” Miyoung asked

He shrugged “I don’t know, I’ve never seen Ren’s power.” They all looked at me expecting me to enlighten them 

“Uh… I actually don’t know what my power does yet… You know what happened last time.” I said. The all nodded. 

“But I’m sure you’ll be able to find out this time.” Sehun smiled. I smiled back at his friendliness

“Wait. What do you mean ‘this time’?” I asked confused

“Well, you’ll obviously still be getting tutored with what happened last time. Professor Jim already told us that we’d be getting a different teacher and that he’d help Eli to teach you until the other Professor, I think it was Professor Thom arrives.” Mia explained.

“Oh, so Professor Thom is coming. I didn’t know that.” 

“Do you know who he is?” D.O asked and I shook my head.

“Apparently he tutored Eli and he’s supposed to be quite powerful but other than that I have no idea who he is.” 

“Don’t worry Ren. You’ll get to know me soon.” A voice said behind me. My head jerked up and I spun around quickly. Behind me stood a young, very young, maybe only a twenty year old man with short brown hair and a smile on his face. 

“P-Professor Thom?” I asked. He nodded. 

“Unfortunately yes. I hate that name by the way. It was given to me because my original name sounded to childish and funny.” He scoffed. “Please call me Mr. Kim.” 

“Are you married to Professor Kim?” Chen asked making Pro-, I mean Mr Kim laugh. 

“No, not at all. We are friends and colleges but nothing more.” He turned back to me. “Lessons start in fifteen minutes, I would like you down in the training room along with Chanyeol by then. Not after fifteen minutes, but when it’s fifteen minutes, ok?” We both nodded and he turned to leave. 

“Oh before I forget, you may come early.” He smiled and turned to leave again. 

I looked at Chenyeol who also looked at me with surprised eyes. We looked at everyone else who were all looking at us. 

Except for Miyoung who was still following Mr Kim with her eyes. “I thought he’d be older. Like waaaay~ older.” 

“Yeah, me, too!” everyone said.

Chanyeol and I exchanged glances and like as if we read each others minds, we shoveled everything on our plates to our mouths, rushed to bring our things away and ran to the training room. 

 

We arrived there panting and gasping for air when the door opened from the inside. Mr Kim stood there with a smile on his face. Was this guy never happy or something?

“I thought I heard some elephants approach. Come in and get dressed, the more we can practice the better.”

 

Chanyeol and I stood in the center of the training room, Mr Kim in front of us. 

“Alright, Chanyeol, you already have some control over your power right?” 

“Yeah, but I’m not rally good at all. I can’t even shoot fire balls yet. They just turn into a little flame once they leave my hands.” 

“Alright, Ren, go sit by the door. Chanyeol make a fire ball.” 

I sat down and watched Chanyeol concentrate on his hands and slowly a fire ball, though not too big, grew between his hands.

“Alright now make it a bit bigger. In order to fire a fire ball, it needs to have enough energy and heat to feed on until it reaches its destination. A small fire ball is for short distances and a big one for long distances.” 

Chanyeol nodded at words and made the ball a bit bigger. 

“Great now just through it somewhere.” Chanyeol hesitated and looked around. 

Mr Kim sighed. “I just want to see how powerful the ball is right now. It’s to measure how powerful you are. Throw it with all your might and please do it soon.” 

Chanyeol raised his arm and threw the ball and instead of hitting the wall, it turned and circled around the room three times before it hit the floor, going out with a sizzling sound. 

“Ok, now do me a favor and never ever EVER use your power out side of this room. I can already tell you are very powerful and that can be very dangerous.” Chanyeol nodded again. 

“Ok, now go sit where Ren is and practice turning your fireballs on and off. Try with many sizes. If you want you can go thew that door in the safe room and it’ll lead you to another practice room where you are safer.” Chanyeol nodded and walked to wards me. I got up just when he arrived. 

“Good luck and don’t hurt yourself.” He said before walking by and going into the other practice room. 

“Ren.” Mr Kim called. “Your turn.” 

I shuffled over to where he was standing and he smiled. “Don’t be afraid, what happened last time won’t happen again.” Yeah, right how would you know.

“Now, remember when you got mad and heated up? Do that again.” He ordered. 

“But I usually only heat up when I’m embarrassed or mad.” he shook his head. 

“No, that’s what you THINK. Actually, you can heat up whenever you want. Like when it’s cold, your body would automatically heat up without you knowing.”

“But I’ve never commanded myself to heat up.”

“I know. But try to. Imagine a warmth spreading through your body. Starting from your core, so your chest area, and spreading to every last end of your body. Even the ends of your hair.” 

I sighed and closed my eyes. “Don’t!” He stopped me, my eyes opened again. “Don’t close your eyes. When you close your eyes, you see your power and it will overwhelm you. You’ll heat up too much and you won’t be able to use or control your power. You never can whenever you are overwhelmed.”

I nodded and tried again. This time I felt the heat inside me rise in my chest and slowly spread throughout my body I made it go to every end and when I was done I looked at my teacher who’s smile went from ear to ear. “Wonderful. Now take all that heat and push it into your arms. Don’t close your eyes no matter how hard it is, don’t close them.” 

I nodded and concentrated again, starring at the floor and focusing on my body. I pulled and pushed, just like last time, pulled and pushed the energy, the heat to my arms and I was successful. I felt drops of sweat run down the sides of my head from how hard it was and I instantly felt better. 

“Good. Now try and push the energy out of your body. BUT! Don’t push it too much, we just want the energy to surround your hands, ok?” 

I nodded and concentrated. I imagined the energy floating inside my arms and I pushed it a bit more. I pushed only little, to make sure that it wouldn’t go to far. I imagined the energy going through my skin and wrap around my hands. I commanded it to stay there and I felt it doing so. 

“Ren.” Mr Kim called, ripping me out of my concentration. I looked at his handsome face. “Look at your hands.” 

I looked and I gasped at what I saw. I lifted my hands higher for me to examine them better. 

My hands were surrounded by some kind of light. My hands were white, glowing from the energy and around them, the light faded into thousands of colors. They constantly changed and moved, just like how I saw it inside me. 

It was probably the most beautiful thing I had ever seen in my entire life.
“Ok, Ren, let’s stay focused. I know it’s beautiful, but we need to continue.” I looked at Mr Kim and nodded. 

“Now I want you to shoot me.” 

“WHAT?!” I yelled  in shock. He has got to be really crazy!! Shoot him?! I could probably burn him!! 

“Trust me with this, ok? I taught Eli and I’m teaching you. Now please shoot me.” 

“But-”
“No but’s! If you don’t shoot me, I’ll fail you in PCC, got it?! Now shoot!!” He yelled back 

I hesitated. I don’t want to fail but I don’t want to shoot him. Maybe I won’t even shoot him, maybe he’ll doge it. But what if it does the same thing like Chnyeol’s fireball? Oh gosh. 

“Ren, I’ll give you ten seconds to shoot. If you don’t then I’ll leave and refuse to teach you. You’ll never get your Animin and you’ll probably get kicked out of the school, because there is no one here that could teach you to control your power. Do you want that?” 

Oh, this guy is really retarded!! I can’t believe he’s threatening me like this!! Ugh!!! OK FINE!!! I’ll shoot him!!
I pushed more energy threw my skin and commanded it to stay around my hand. When I thought I had enough I drew both my arms back and flung them together, pushing the energy away from the surface of my hands and shooting an almost blinding light surrounded by color to where he stood. 

There was a big flash of light and then everything stopped. My hands were still glowing and there was still color playing on their surfaces but there was less energy. 

I looked at where Mr Kim stood. He stood there smiling at me and a container in his hands. It was also glowing. My eyes widened as I realized what he had done. 

“Good job, Ren. I’ll go and call Chanyeol to come back and practice here.” He said and walked away. I stood there slightly dumbfounded at what actually happened. 

“Hey!!” I ran after him into the safe room. “What did you just do? What are you going to do with that? I mean, that is my power in there right?” I pointed to the glass container glowing with light and color. 

“Chanyeol!” He called into the other room and waved him over. He looked at me. “I just captured your power with a special container I made. I’m not going to steal it or anything, I’m simply going to analyze it while you two go in there,” He pointed to the training room, “And practice developing your power. You take ages to get all this power into your hands and this is honestly not much when your fighting on the field. You need to speed that up and learn on your own how to do that, because everyone has their own technique.”

“How’d it go?” Chanyeol asked when he came through the door but before we could answer he was already all over the glowing container

“WOA!! WHAT’S THIS?! IS IT REN’S POWER!! IT’S SO PRETTY!!!” 

“Get away from that!!” Mr Kim scolded and pulled him away from the container by the neck of his suit. “Don’t touch it!! It’s special and I still need to analyze it!!” 

“Sorry!! I didn’t know!” 

“Whatever, anyways, you both still need to practice. I’ll set up the dummy system for you and you guys will practice like that for today, got it?” 

We both nodded. “good. Now get out there!” 

We stood in the middle of the large room again and suddenly there were figures all around.

“Well what are you waiting for?!” A loud voice boomed. We turned and saw Mr Kim in the room glaring at us. “Shoot them! Destroy them! This way you can test yourselves and you can find out how to us your powers! NOW START WILL YOU?!”

 

 

 

 

 

I told you the lunch scene would be long! ^^ Anyways, I hope you like this chapter!! Lately I'm can't help but write all the time (I'm neglecting my drawing but that doesn't matter sice this is more fun for me :) so I might upload, er i mean post another chapter today.. but only MAYBE!!
Thank you for reading!!! ^^