chapter 1

Specialist - The Journey

 

“Ren.” My mom said as she entered my room. “Ren, there’s a letter for you.” She said as I laid my book down on the page where I was reading. “Perfect timing isn’t it.” She smiled. I took the letter and turned it around but there was no name. Or address. “Who’s it from?” 

“I don’t know dear.” 

That’s strange. I opened it and unfolded the letter. My mom sat down next to me and read with me. 

 

Dear Ren Ellnor,

 

We congratulate you on your sixteenth birthday! 

As the principal of Lanero School for Specialists, I’d like to call you in to start your studies as a Specialist for the Lanero Empire. 

I ask of you to please visit the school by the end of the month so that we can inform you about our program and about your future.

There is a map on the back side of the letter for your orientation. 

 

I am looking forward to seeing you, 

 

Principal Helena Groves 

 

What is this? I looked at my mom and the fact that she was still smiling actually creeped me out. 

“Mom, what is this?” 

“Oh, sweetie I’m so happy for you!” She beamed and hugged me tightly. “I was waiting for this day to come! And it’s finally here!” 

“Um, mom, are you ok?” I asked even more confused than before. He laughed and looked me in the eye. 

“It’s finally time we have this talk.” She said

 

“So, you guys are Specialists.” I said pointing at my parents who sat across from me at our dining table.

“Yes.” my dad answered.

“And you’re like warriors from the Lanero Empire.”

“Yes.” my mom answered.

“And I’m supposed to go to this secret school and train to become a Specialist, too.” 

“Yes.” They said in unison. 

“Ok, what are you on? Drugs? Are you high? Or is this a prank?” I asked. 

They laughed but when they looked at me, their eyes were serious. “No, Ren. This is real. No drugs, alcohol or pranks. We even went to this school.” 

“Ok, but where is the Lanero Empire? I’m the best student in geography and there is not a single place in this world called Lanero Empire.” My parents looked at each other and sighed. 

“Well, it’s not in this world.” My dad said. And he was dead serious. 

“So there’s some kind of parallel world out there?” They both nodded. “And how do we get there?” 

“There are portals all over the world, but they are all located in the Lanero schools.” My dad explained.

“But there aren’t that many schools. Just about eight or nine in the whole world.” My mom added. “But that’s only because there aren’t many Specialists on earth. 92 percent of them are all in Lanero.” 

“And why don’t they just transfer everyone to Lanero?”

“That’s because Lanero was at war seventeen years ago and we needed a place to retreat to. So the Specialists, professors and scientist came to Earth to keep things, important things safe.” 

“And also because we needed a place where the royal family was safe from attacks because even though we have maybe nine portals on earth, there are only two big ones in Lanero.” My dad added.

“Ok, I only have one question left.” I said after a pause. "Do I have to go?”

 

 

 

 

yay, 1st chapter!!
I hope it's not tooooo boring... :\ 
I'll try and write another chapter tomorrow!!!! 

Night!!