Nothing

Specialist - The Journey

 

The days passed and before we knew it it was the last day of school before the winter holidays. 

Everyone was packing their luggage with their clothes, belongings and school books in order to study over the holidays. 

“are you excited about seeing your parents again?” Eli asked as we all, all as in Eli and his friends, Kai, Chanyeol and the others plus Brynn, Mia, Miyoung and myself, walked back to the dorms from the cafeteria. We had taken the long rout that lead by the library, through the gym and the classroom buildings before reaching the dorm building. 

I nodded and smiled. “I told myself I’d visit them every second week, but I just got so caught up in my studies that I didn’t have the time.” 

Guilt poured itself over me and I looked at the floor.

I’m sure your parents will understand, Ren. They’ve been through the same things and they will surely be proud to see that you are one of the better students in your grade

I smiled at Rubin who hopped along next to me with Harry by his side. 

“Don’t worry. Everyone has that problem. Hoon’s situation is even worse, he hasn’t visited his parents since he came here. Instead they visit at Christmas, on his birthday and when he passes the year to congratulate him. And even though they rarely see each other they are very close.” AJ said helping me relax more. 

After getting Rubin, I had gotten closer to Eli’s friends. Mostly AJ, Hoon and Soohyun. Kiseop and I mostly teased each other, but we both knew it was all just in good fun. 

I had also started to get to know Kai’s friends, like Lay, Tao, XiuMin, Suho and Luhan. They were all really friendly and also very childish as they played and teased each other a lot.
Luhan’s Animin interested me the most. It was a dolphin, but he didn’t live under water. There was something about marine animals from Lalt that they didn’t necessarily need to live under water to live. They preferred it but if they became someones Animin, they’d stay with them most of the time and return to the water to sleep. That was also why we actually had an aquarium. Brynn’s Octopus, Plato, also stayed in the aquarium and the most remarkable thing about them was that they were able to float in the air instead of float in the water. So instead of swimming in water, they’d swim in the air. It looks very weird at first, but you get used to it very fast. 

 

I zipped my luggage closed and set it on the floor before heaving my duffle bag over my shoulder. 

“Ready?” I asked Rubin who sat next to me. 

As always. 

I smiled and we walked out the the already empty room, since everyone had left earlier than me. 

 

“Hi sweetie~!!!” My mom cried as I entered the lobby that was full of parents, students and animals. 

“Hi mom.” I smiled as she hugged me tightly. 

“It’s so good to see you! We missed you so much!” 

“Mom-- choking-- can’t-- breath--!” I fake choked making her laugh and let me go. I looked at my dad who stood slightly to the side. 

“Hi dad.” He hugged me tight but only shortly before turning his gaze to Rubin.

“Mom, dad, this is Rubin my Animin. Rubin, meet mom and dad.” I bent down and picked him p so that they could see him better. They actually shook hands and after exchanging some words with the teachers we left, taking our car back to our house. 

You have a very nice place, Ren.

Thanks, Rubin. But this is your home now, too.

He chuckled. I am very happy to have become your Animin. I giggled and took off my shoes. I heard a bark and in no time my face was getting by Rocky, our dog or more like my moms Animin.

“Hi Rocky!” I scratched his head and behind his ears and he closed his eyes enjoying the moment. 

I saw Patrick, my dad’s iguana, waddle around the corner, coming from the kitchen and he waddled straight up to Rubin. They sniffed each other and nodded, before Patrick waddled over to me and climbed up my leg and onto my shoulder. I pet his head. “Nice to see you, too, Patrick.” 

 

After unpacking and calling my friends to meet up I left the house. Obviously I had to leave Rubin at home, since it’d be kind of strange if there were a beaver following me around the city. 

“REN!!! YOU ARE ALIVE~!!!” My best friend screeched and buried me in a bear hug. 

“And hi to you, too.” I laughed. 

“So how’s the boarding school?”

We spent an hour walking around, talking about random stuff before she had to leave because she was meeting up with her one month boyfriend. 

My cellphone rang. The display read ‘Kai’ 

“Kai?” 

“Yeah it’s me!” 

Ren!
One second, Rubin.

“What’s up?” 

“I’m bored!! It’s so boring here!” he wined into the phone. I laughed

“Why don’t you teach your parrot to talk?” 

“He’s already talking.”

Ren!

Just wait a second, Rubin!

“Then go for a walk.” 

“I did that, too.” 

“Ok, then… uh…”

REN!! LISTEN TO ME
Shut up Rubin!! Whatever it is it can wait!! 

“Hey Ren?” His voice changed from winy to serious.

“Yeah?” 

“Turn around.” 

“What? Why?” 

I turned around and I saw, in the distance, Kai, standing there waving at me. I waved back and he jogged over, breathing out warm air that formed into clouds that got swept away from the cold breeze. 

“You live around here?” I asked and he nodded. 

“Yeah just down there.” He pointed in the direction where I lived. 

 

“I’m home!” I called into the house when I entered, Kai following me into the warmth. 

“Nice house.” I smiled and thanked the cold that had already turned my cheeks red. “Thanks.”

“Hi Rubin!” I called up the stairs. But there was no answer. Rubin? I asked in my head. Ok, if you’re doing silent treatment because I left you at home while I was out, I’m sorry. 

I waited but I didn’t get an answer.  

I became slightly suspicious and I dashed into the living area. 

“Ren? Is something wrong?” Kai asked, sensing the weird mood that lingered in the air. 

“Mom? Dad?” I called into the living room, but no one was there. “Hm… I wonder where they are.” 

I glanced at the dining table, then at the kitchens counter and then at the living room table if they had left a note saying they were out shopping, but I didn’t find anything. 

I rushed around the house, looking into every room, under the beds and couches to see if I could find either my mom, dad or Rocky or Patrick. 

But I found no one. 

There wasn’t a soul in my house.

“MOM? DAD! ANYONE?! RUBIN!!!” I shouted at the top of my lungs but there was no answer. Nothing.

 

 

 

 

 

Hi guys~ I hope I didn't bore you with this chapter... I am so sorry if I did!!! TT.TT

Anyways, IT'S FINALLY WEEKEND!!!!! I am so happy, because school just all of the energy out of my and honestly I am suuuper tired, but I'm going to have to get used to this ^^

Thank you for reading and please COMMENT!!! 

Thank you~~