With Kai

Specialist - The Journey

 

I kept seeing Eli that day and each time he’d approach me, Kai would go away. I had come to the conclusion that either 1.Kai really doesn’t like Eli, 2. He’s jealous of Eli, what I don’t understand, because I have no idea what he should be jealous about or 3.It’s both. 

Sadly I had also gotten extra homework since I wasn’t paying attention in class because I was thinking about that the whole time. 

I sighed as I closed my maths book after finishing my homework. “What time is it?” I asked to no one in particular.

“Nine thirty.” A deep voice said. I turned in my chair and saw Kai leaning against the doorframe.

“What are you doing here?” 

“I can leave if you want. My room’s right over there.” He said half turning away from me. I let out a tire laugh and shook my head. “I was just asking.” 

“I know.” he paused and took a deep breath. “Curfew is in half an hour. Want to go for a walk?”

I nodded and stretched as I got off of my chair and waddled over to him, grabbing my jacket while doing so.

 

“How’s PCC coming along?” 

“I already told you I’m much better.” 

“Yeah, I know, but what do you actually do there?” I shrugged

“Learn how to use your powers in different ways, hoe to stretch and bend and send a powerful beam with little effort, stuff like that.” 

“It’s sounds complicated.

“It isn’t though.” He chuckled and we exited the dorm building to be greeted by the cold night air. I took a deep breath of fresh air and let it out with a satisfied sigh. 

“You work too much.” He said

“No I don’t.” 

“Yes you do.”
“How so? How do I work more than you?”

“Seriously? You don’t know?” I shook my head. We walked towards the garden and I was surprised to see that there were little lamps and lights everywhere making it look very magical and fantasy like.

“You’re in school from eight till four, then you do homework from four till like nine.”

“But I take breaks in between.”

“That are maybe half an hour long.”

“What are you trying to say, Kai?” 

“hat you’re working too much and that you need to take it a bit more easy.” 

“But I don’t want to fail!” 

“You’re far from failing! You’re acing every single subject, just slow down a bit.”

“But-”

“no. No but’s! You’ll over work yourself!”

“But-” Kai covered my mouth with his hand preventing me from saying anything. I tried pulling away, but that smart idiot had also put his other hand at the back of my head, forcing my head to stay in place. 

“Please? For me?” His eyes looked into mine, his deep, dark brown eyes. The light reflected in them, making them sparkle and look even more beautiful than they actually where. 

I pulled his hand off of my mouth. “For you.” 

He smiled and let go of me. 

We sat down on the bench by the pond. I wrapped my arms around my legs and nuzzled my nose into m arms. The water glistened as it reflected the lights of the lamps and it seemed like there were thousand little fireflies resting on the waters surface. 

“Ren.” Kai spoke in his soft voice. I turned my head to him, only my eyes showing since my nose was still buried in my arms, and looked at him.
“There’s something I wanted to tell you…”

 

 

 

 

 

Hi guys~!! hehe, liked my cliffhanger? ^^ Short chapter since I am super tired and i still need to shower and get ready for bed and I can't go too late tonight because there's a sports turnament tomorrow and we really want to beat the class above us (since we ALMOST beat them last year, but yeah...) so yeah~ I might (MIGHT) write another suuuper short chapter tonight but I don't know. It depends on how long my shower is. SO I'll go now!!
Thank you for reading!!! Please comment!!