My Animin

Specialist - The Journey

 

I stood in the bathroom and brushed my hair roughly before twisting it and tying it up into a sort of messy bun. 

“I can’t believe the test is today.” Miyoung said as she nervously pulled her hair back and tied it into a high ponytail. “I can’t believe we’ve been here for three months already!” She continued. 

I didn’t say anything as I splashed my face with cold water and dried it.

“Are you guys nervous?” Brynn asked as she walked in with a smile

“How can you be smiling?!?!” Miyoung whined “Why are you smiling?!? YOU’RE NOT SUPPOSED TO SMILE!!! THIS IS THE MOST CRITICAL DAY OF MY LIFE!! REN DO SOMETHING!!” She cried dramatically and slouched out of the bathroom. 

Brynn and I exchanged glances before bursting into a fit of giggles

“Aren’t you nervous?” I asked her when we had settled down

“Not really. I’m confident that I know everything but the only thing that makes me a bit nervous is when we have to go into the room. I don’t know what’s going to be waiting for me there.” She said in her soft voice. 

I nodded. “Same here. But I am still nervous. I always am somehow.” I smiled

 

“Ok, people!! Listen up because I will only be saying this once!!” Mr Kwon spoke as all the Scholars crammed into the test room. “After the test you will be called out ALPHABETICALLY to go and get your Animin. If you’re done early, you still need to wait. Got it?” 

“Yes!” everyone said in chorus. 

“Alright, please take a seat at the desks.” 

I ended up sitting next to Kai and Mia in the middle of the room. I showed them both a thumbs up as in saying ‘good luck’ before the test began. 

 

“Times up, pencils down!” The teachers voice boomed. 

Everyone sighed and started stretching to loosen up their arm muscles and to waken themselves up. 

“How’d you do?” Mia asked. 

“Ok, I guess. I thought the questions five and eight were pretty tough, but I still was able to answer them. And you guys?” 

“I answered everything and I’m pretty sure it’s all correct, but I’m not expecting full points since there might be some mistakes in it, like always but I’m ok with that as long as I don’t fail.” Mia smiled. 

“How did you say all that in just one breath?” Kai asked and she shrugged before getting up and leaving to talk to some other people. 

“How did you do?” I asked Kai, turning towards him 

“Ok.” He said shrugging his shoulders. 

“Just ok?” 

“I don’t know. I answered everything but I honestly don’t really want to think about it anymore. It’s done.”

“Aben Lilly!” The teacher called and a girl walked forward and was lead out of the room. 

“I’m sure you go everything correct.” He smiled. That smile. That beautiful smile. “Ren?” 

“Hm?” I shook my head. “Uh, yeah… uh, maybe. I might have gotten somethings wrong, but like Mia said, as long as I pass…” 

“I’m sure you’ll get full points.”

“Whatever you say Kai.” I sighed. He smiled a bit wider and looked around. 

“Hey guys! How’d it go? I thought it was easy! I can’t wait to get my Animin!!” Tao said as he jumped up and down around our desks. I laughed at his cuteness, despite how grown up he could look when he was serious. 

We all talked about random things and every once in a while one of us would get called. It was only a matter of time until…

“Ellnor Ren!” My heart did a flip when I heard it and it felt like there were thousands of tornadoes in my stomach as I walked out of the room and across the hall into another one. 

“Hello, Ren” Principal Groves greeted. 

“Hello.” 

“Just follow me.” I nodded and walked behind her as we entered a hallway and passed a couple of doors. 

“There’s no need to be worried, it’s simple and no one has failed this test.” I nodded to her back and she stopped in front of a door that looked just like the others. 

“When you find your Animin, walk out on the other side of the room, ok?” I nodded again and played with my fingers, starring at the door the whole time.

“Ren.” I looked at her. “Take a deep breath, you’ll be fine.” I nodded and smiled slightly, doing as she said. 

 

I didn’t know what to expect when I entered the room but I really did not expect this! 

There was a row of animals lined up on a white line. I slowly walked past them.

A turtle, a cat, a song bird, a mouse, a snake. I almost screamed when I say a rather large tarantula sitting there. 

Scary isn’t he?

I heard a voice say in my head. My eyes widened and I looked at all the animals in the row. 

I must say you are very cute. It said again. It was a male voice, but not old. 

No I’m not old, Ren.

Wait. So you hear everything I think? I thought as I walked past the animals, looking at each one as carefully as I could to see if which one was my Animin. 

Pretty much. Not always though. 

Can you help me find you?

I’ll give you a hint: I am rather small but not too small. 

Oh great. That could be a cat, a dog, a duck, a bird or even a deer if you think that that is small!
You’re funny, too. He chuckled 

I rolled my eyes and kept walking. 

Ok, another hint: I’m very close to you.

I stopped. I looked at the animals closest to me: A fox, a panda cub, a deer, a raven, a beaver and a lynx who was very concentrated on liking himself. I scratched him off of my list and looked at the others. 

Another hint: I’m brown

I scratched the fox, the raven and the panda cub off of my list and remaining was the beaver. 

I starred at it and it starred back. I crotched down and leaned towards it. 

“So you’re my Animin.” He nodded and it seemed like he even smiled 

Correct, Ren. My name is Rubin, nice to meet you. 

He took some steps forward and nudged his head on my hand that I reached out to him. His fur was surprisingly smooth and I giggled. 

Alright, let’s go, I’m tired of being cooped up in here. He hopped closer and looked up to me. 

Mind helping me? Otherwise it’ll take ages. 

Uh...ok… 

I lifted him up in my arms and he somehow climbed on my shoulder and around my neck, somehow securing himself there. And you’re comfortable like that?

It’s ok. We’re going to have to experiment with this until we find a solution that fits us both. 

I nodded and walked past the rest of the animals before reaching the door. 

I opened it and looked around in confusion when I found myself in the library. I quietly closed the door behind me and walked through the library as quietly and quickly as possible. 

Who’s Kai? Rubin asked

Kai? When did I think of Kai? 

Oh, the entire time. He’s always at the back of your thoughts.

Are you digging through my mind?!
He chuckled. Don’t worry, it’s not like I’m going to say anything to anyone anyways. 

True. But still!
Hey you’re go
ing to have to get used to this. I am your Animin after all.

 

 

 

 

 

hey guys~~ ^^ hope you liked this chapter!! Ren finally get's her Animin!! *dances around room in joy* I am actaully really happy with this chappter and I am so megally sorry if it actually is boring!!!!
Anyways, thank you for reading and pretty pleast leave comments on what you thin or whatever!! I'd just like to know what your opinions are to the story~!!

Thank you for reading~! ^^