Getting closer

Specialist - The Journey

THANK YOU sofmin FOR SUBSCRIBING!!! *hugs you tightly*

 

DRRRIIINNNGGGG!!! 

“Finally!” I gasped and let my head drop onto my books. I closed my eyes out of tiredness and stayed like that for a moment. 

I can’t believe I’m going to have to do this every single day for the next three years. Or at least year. MOM! DAD! WHY DID YOU DO THIS TO ME?!?! 

“Ren?” I looked up with half open eyes. 

“That’s me.” I replied to Kai who was standing in front of my desk with a questionable look on his face. 

“What are you doing?” 

“Well, I was TRYING to sleep.”

“Oh sorry.” He rubbed the back of his neck. “Uh, classes are over for today.” 

“I am aware of that, Kai.” I said while packing up my books and swinging my backpack over one shoulder. “Where’s Chanyeol and Mia?” I asked him 

“I know Chanyeol left to go and sleep before dinner but I don’t know where Mia is.” Hm, that’s strange. I shrugged it off and looked at Kai. His black hair fell into his dark eyes slightly. It was actually quite attractive. 

“What are you doing now?” He shrugged

“Dunno, probably homework or something.” he said as we walked down the hall. “And you?” he opened the door that lead out to where the gardens were. 

“Probably the same.” 

“So what’s PCC like for both of you?” 

“Interesting. I found out how to heat up, I mean call out my energy without having to be embarrassed or mad and how I should push it the energy into my hands. Mr Kim is a bit strange sometimes though.” 

Kai nodded, letting me know he was listening. 

“And with you? How’s teleporting working?” 

“Great actually, Professor Jim allowed me to experiment on my own since I can control it. It’s really easy actually. He even allowed me to do it outside of class.”

“Cool. I guess yours is most practical for getting to different classes and stuff.” Kai smiled and we entered the Dorm building. 

“Yeah, I’m never late for class and I can sleep longer.” 

We walked past the seniors dorms were some doors were open, some closed, some you could even hear music coming from the inside. 

“REN!” Someone called behind me. I turned and saw Soohyun at the end of the hall waving at me. I waved back and smiled. 

“Hey, how are you? I heard about what happened, sorry I couldn’t visit.” he said when he reached us. 

“That’s ok, you’re probably super busy and stuff.” 

Soohyun looked at Kai and then back at me. “Oh, this is Kai, my classmate and friend. Kai this is Soohyun my uh.. Friend.” They shook hands

“Nice to meet you.” Soohyun said

“Nice meeting you, too.” 

 “Where’s your honey bee?” I asked “Oh and what’s his name? You didn’t tell me last time.” 

“Oh, Ben is out in the garden with the flowers.” I nodded in acknowledgment. 

“Did classes just end for you guys?” We both nodded 

“Oh ok, then I’ll let you go do your homework. I’ll see you later, Ren!” He smiled

“Bye!” I waved. 

“You know a senior?” Kai asked as we continued walking. 

“Uh, yeah. I met him when I just arrived. I never thought he’d talk to me again, but I guess I was wrong.” 

We arrived at the top of the stairs. 

“My room is right here.” He said pointing to the first door. 

“Ok, well we’ll see each other at dinner, right?” He nodded and smiled

“See you later” He said before walking into his room. 

 

“Hey, Ren? Are you even thinking of taking a break and going for dinner?” Miyoung asked from her bed as she looked up from her fashion magazine. 

“Yeah, just ten more minutes.” I said without looking up from my books.

“You do know you said that half an hour ago.” Brynn said from her desk. She had been working on her art project the entire day. 

“Wait, what time is it?” I asked

“It’s almost eight.” Mia said. I huffed and put down my pen

“Fine, let’s go eat. I guess a break will do me good.” 

I stretched my arms and rolled my head.

“FINALLY!! LET’S GO PEOPLE!! LOVELY FOOD IS WATING FOR US!!!” Mia shouted as she dragged us out of the room before anyone could protest against the idea. 

 

“Well you guys are late.” Chanyeol said as we all sat down at the table with our trays of food, Mia having two since she was hungry.

“Yeah, well Miss I-need-to-do-all-my-homework wouldn’t get up from her desk! Even though we were all starving!!” Mia said pointing her fork with chicken on it to me. 

“Correction: YOU were starving WE just wanted her to stop working, ‘cause we were worried she’d fall asleep on her books.” Miyoung defended herself and Brynn

“Well, you’re here and that’s what matters.” D.O said, settling the argument

I wasn’t able to listen in on the conversation because my head was still doing math problems. It was only when someone tickled me that I jumped up in shock. 

The piece of meat that I had just  put in my mouth slid backwards and I started coughing heavily. Thankfully someone tapped or rather hit my back really hard that it came back up, flew out of my mouth and landed in my plate. 

“Ewww~~!” Miyoung cried when she saw it. More than half of the table erupted in laughter but I was too tired to care. I simply took my paper napkin and scooped the meat into it and folded it and set it on the side and continued eating. 

“Are you ok Ren?” Brynn asked next to me. 

“Hm? Oh yeah, I’m fine. Just tired.” I replied and put another fork of food into my mouth. 

“Maybe you should tell some of the teachers that the training with Mr Kim is hard and that your power is taking a lot of your energy from you. Maybe then you won’t get so much homework.” 

“But I have to keep up. I can’t just do less than everyone else!” 

“But-”

“Thanks Brynn for your concern, but I’ll be fine. I just need to get used to it.” I gave her a reassuring but tired smile and continued eating. 

I scanned the room and saw Eli walking towards us. 

“Hey Ren. How’s it going. Wow, you look tired.” He said as he approached us. I got up to greet him. 

“Yeah, that’s because I am, Eli” 

“Mr Kim is pushing you, huh?” I nodded. “You’re going to have to get used to that, but he’s really nice otherwise.” I nodded again but then I noticed something. 

“Where’s Harry?” 

“Oh, he’s with the others.” He said pointing with his head to behind him where they were sitting. I nodded again. 

“Ok, I guess I’ll let you eat so that you can get to bed earlier.” He smiled and I smiled back. 

“Ok, see you tomorrow.” I said and gave him a good night hug. Even though we didn’t seem like close friends to people around us, we actually were. He always visited me in the hospital, he’d always say hi or at least smile at me when we passed each other in the halls and he’d always drop by our table at dinner time. 

It was nice to have a friend other than my room mates that I was close to. 

“Are you to together or something?” Channyeol asked as I sat back down. 

“No, why would you say that?” 

“Well, you guys always smile at each other and you hug every time you say good night and-”

“A hug isn’t a sign of being together, Chanyeol. We are simply good friends.” 

He nodded and continued eating and so did I. I looked up randomly and found Kai looking at me. ‘What?’ I mouthed. He shook his head and also put his fork in his mouth. 

 

“Bed! Finally! I missed you so much!” Miyoung moaned as she let the covers fall over her. 

We were all laying in bed with the lights off but I could hear Brynn toss and turn over me. 

“Brynn?” I whispered to her

“Yeah?” 

“You ok?” 

“Yeah, I’m just can’t get comfortable.”

“Oh, ok, well sleep well.” 

“You, too” 

I turned around and faced the wall. I sighed as I thought of all the things that had happened today. I can’t believe this actually happened to me. I was always the normal kid at my old school. I had average to good grades, I did my homework, I was only occasionally late and I sometimes daydreamed in class. I didn’t have many friends and I wasn’t on the bullies list but I always knew that people considered me as strange. I never knew why though. Maybe they sensed this and I was just blind. Maybe I’ll never find out. But I’m happy I’m here. I’m happy that this happened to me. Even if this means I’ll have to go and fight in war and that my friends might die, I will not look back and say ‘I wish I were born into a normal family’ because honestly, who wants to be normal?

 

 

 

 

 

Ok, so I just got suuuuuuuper bored after writing the other chapter because I was thinking of things to do but I couldn't think of anything so I jsut wrote another chapter. Maybe I'll write another one, but I don't know yet.... anyways~ thank you for reading!! Please don't forget to comment!!!