34

Specialist - The Journey

 

It was dark all around me. Not a single light in sight. ‘Ren.’ I heard a faint whisper. I turned around to see nothing. ‘Ren.’ I heard the soft whisper again. I spun around and I gasped in shock when I saw a blurry figure in front of me. I couldn’t move away as it came closer as it felt like my feet were glued to the floor. If there even was one. ‘Don’t be scared.’ The blurry figure said and slowly it started to clear up and I could recognize my mothers face. ‘Mom!’ When I reached out for her, my hand simply went through her. She smiled slightly. I starred at my hand that was in her chest confused. ‘I’m here to warn you, Ren.’ She said softly. Her long black hair was combed behind her shoulders and she wore a black dress that seemed to merge with the black of the surroundings. Her skin seemed to glow in contrast to all the darkness and I notices she was wearing the necklace. ‘Warn me of what?’ I asked her with a shaky voice. ‘In this mission, you’ll be tested in your mind power. Do not let horrible creatures frighten you and beautiful creatures gain your trust without a thought. Always be alert. Expect the unexpected. That’s all I can tell you for now. I must go.’ She spoke softly and slowly she started to fade. ‘Mom, no wait! Mom! What do you mean? Mom!’ I called after her but she only smiled at me as she faded into nothing. ‘Mom!’ 

 

I shot up out of the dream, panting heavily. It was dark and I noticed that I was not indoors. The moonlight gave everything in the forrest a blueish hew making the area seem magical. ‘Ren?’ I looked to my left where Kai laid, rubbing his eyes. ‘You’re awake? Thank goodness! I was so worried!’ He pulled me into a tight hug,m my hair. ‘Don’t you ever exhaust yourself like that again!’ He whispered angrily into my ear. He pulled away and I could see his features clearly now. His hair was messy and there were hints of dark circles under his eyes. ‘How long was I asleep?’ He scratched his head and thought for a moment. ‘A bit over a day.’ My eyes widened. ‘What?’ he he took a deep breath. ‘Yeah, you used up almost all of your energy and you fainted. Lay healed your wounds but he said he can’t do anything about your exhaustion.’ I looked around and found that the atmosphere was different. ‘Did you continue?’ He nodded. ‘Fellise carried you, but we didn’t get too far since the mountains here are full of trees and a bit scary.’ I was relieved to hear that we had still moved on. 

‘You really scared me back there.’ He said quietly. ‘You were lucky Eli caught you, but for a moment we all thought you were dead.’ I heard the worry in his voice. He gently took my hand in his and stoked it, playing with my fingers and finally intwining them with his. ‘I was really scared.’ We were silent and sat like that for some time. ‘We should sleep.’ He finally said and I nodded. Our hands stayed intwined as we laid down. ‘I’m sorry.’ I whispered. ‘For what?’ He asked, giving me a questioning look. ‘For worrying you.’ He smiled slightly and a quiet chuckle escaped his lips. ‘You idiot. You don’t have to be sorry about that.’ And again without warning he quickly pecked my lips. 

 

I awoke again just as the first sun rose, giving everything a pinkish hew. I wasn’t the first to awake as the Animins, apart from Hyde and Rubin that is, were awake as well. I walked over to Fellise who was just covering the leftover camp fire with leaves and with the help of Andy. When Genias saw me, he gracefully walked over and nudged his head agains mine. It was a greeting he had for Mia and me, like a secret hand shake. I smiled and pat his head. ‘Good morning.’ I was quiet when I greeted the animals so that I wouldn’t wake anyone up. Rocky and Lia also came over and I pet them as well. Lia was, despite her aggressive and mysterious appearance, a real sweet heart and I often saw her sleeping on Mia during the night. ‘Thank you for carrying me.’ I said to Fellise as I hugged her neck. Fellise spoke with her eyes and sometimes it seemed like she had the words written in them except that they weren’t there. It was her special way of communicating with us. ‘How are you feeling?’ I turned and just saw Kris land on the ground. ‘As good as new.’ I smiled and he smiled back. ‘You really saved our skin back there. Thanks.’ Even though I sometimes questioned the fact that he had feelings, he was alway sincere and gentle and I was glad he wasn’t some hot headed guy like Eli. ‘Hey you’re awake!’ Speak of the devil. He smiled and pulled me into a hug. ‘We were really worried! Don’t ever do that again!’ He scolded pulling out of the hug. ‘So you want to become roasted meat?’ I looked over his shoulder to see Mia come out of the little hut made of veins and branches. Obviously she had made it. ‘No, I’m just saying-’ ‘You were worried about her, we get it.’ Mia finished his sentence as she shook her head and rolled her eyes. ‘I’m glad you’re ok.’ She smiled and winked at me. Hey, sleeping beauty! Rubin! He hopped up and laid around my neck, snuggling to it. 

 

After getting everything packed and cleaning everything from evidence that we were there, we started off and followed Rocky through the dense trees and bushes. Kai was pretty close to me and I couldn’t help but feel the urge to take his hand in mine. But I resisted as much as I could. There was a slight breeze and as I breathed in its fresh scent images popped into my head. A mountain pass, a quiet river, a tree and a stone door surrounded by veins and glowing flowers. ‘Ren? Are you ok?’ Kai brought me back to reality. ‘I know where we have to go.’ I said and walked ahead to Rocky as I pulled out the map from my back pack. I pointed at a specific area and the dog sniffed it. He sneezed and looked at me. He nodded his head and I smiled. ‘What is it? Where are we going?’ Eli asked. ‘I don’t know what it is, but I know we have to go to a certain place. I think we will find something there.’ I said as I started off in the direction my gut pointed me at. ‘What are we supposed to find?’ He asked again. ‘I don’t know, but there’s something there.’ I answered. ‘And how do you know that?’ I thought for a moment and subconsciously I started to play with my necklace. Then it hit me. ‘This. It’s helped me ever since my mom gave it to me. I can sense bad things and I can see good auras. It’s also helped my instincts and I think it gives me a special connection to my mother.’ He reached out his hand but when he wanted to touch it there was a silent zapping noise and he drew his hand back. ‘Well, it sure seems special.’ He mumbled shaking his hand and we continued through the forrest.

 

 

~ ~ ~ ~

 

 

I love writing this story so much but I have stupid school and stupid test that are always getting in the way TT.TT 

 

gfhja.kgsadghfajkd.jhagfsdjk he's so perfect i mean look at that smile!! *dies* i love this gif of Kai :3 (not mine btw)
Sorry, needed distraction from (lame) school work >.<