....?

Specialist - The Journey

 

“Ren.” Kai spoke in his soft voice. I turned my head to him, only my eyes showing since my nose was still buried in my arms, and looked at him. “There’s something I wanted to tell you…”

 

“Uh… I honestly don’t really know how I am going to say this, but… um…. I-”

“HEY!!” Someone yelled. I raised my head to see Professor Cho standing at the entrance of the garden with his arms crossed and a serious face. 

“Great.” I said under my breath. We both quickly went over to Professor Cho.

“you know that curfew is in ten minutes.” he said and we nodded. “Then what are you doing out here?” 

“We were just talking. We were about to go in anyways.” Kai explained in a bored tone of voice. 

Professor Cho looked back and fourth between Kai and me. 

“Five more minutes and if you’re still here, detention.” He said and walked away. 

Kai and I looked at each other and walked back to the bench in silence. “What did you want to say?”

“It doesn’t matter.” He mumbled. 

“It matters to me.” I argued. He looked at me, his eyes between sadness and forlorn. I turned to him. “What’s wrong? Tell me.” He looked to the pond, obviously avoiding my gaze. 

“What’s Eli to you?” He asked still looking at the pond. It didn’t even seem like his mouth was moving when he spoke. 

“Does that matter?” 

“It does to me.” He said after some seconds of silence. I sighed. 

“He’s a good friend.” 

“Just a good friend?” 

“Kai, if you have something to tell me then just say it. Stop trying to avoid it.” He sighed and looked at the floor. I scooted a bit closer to him, showing him I was all ears and ready to support him. 

“I… I really like you.” He whispered. My eyes widened when I heard this. I felt my heart stop for a moment and my mind went blank. 

Did he just? Did he say… he… liked me? Liked me? Me? I opened my mouth to say something, but the problem was that I didn’t know what to say. 

“You don’t need to say anything. I just wanted to tell you. So that you know.” He said and sat up, finaly looking me in the eye. 

I blinked as we starred at each other. The next moment, I felt his arms around me. I breathed in, breathing in his scent. The scent I loved so much. My eyes closed as I enjoyed the moment of being in his arms again. 

“Ren.” He whispered, making me aware that I was actually hugging him back and not letting go. I opened my eyes and to my surprise we were back in the dorm building in front of my room. 

I awkwardly took back my arms and lowered my head as I felt the redness rush to my cheeks. 

“I guess I’ll see you tomorrow.” Even though he whispered, it felt like he was talking with his normal voice. I nodded and finally dared to look up, meeting my eyes with his. He smiled slightly, making me do the same. 

“Good night.” I whispered back. Instead of turning around though, he took a step forward, leaning towards me and kissing my forehead. One moment I felt his lips on me and the next, nothing. 

I opened my eyes to see that Kai was gone. Stupid teleportation power!!

 

“Sorry!!” I called over my shoulder after I had bumped into another student as I rushed through the hall, my books in my hand and my backpack half open. Still running I entered the class room and reached my desk, falling into it and letting out a gasp of air. 

“What’s with you?” Chanyeol asked next to me. 

“Sorry *pant* over slept *gasp* alarm clock didn’t *pant* work *gasp* room mates already *pant* gone.” I managed to say as I straightened up my backpack, books and uniform. 

“Oh. When did you get up?” He asked helping me. 

“Uh… fifteen minutes ago?” I guessed.

“Wow, I’m surprised you aren’t also gifted with teleportation!” He joked. But I didn’t laugh. Teleportation. Kai. 

“You ok?” Chanyeol asked laying his hand on my shoulder. I smiled. “I’m fine.” 

 

“Hey Ren!” Eli called and waved in the line in front of us. “I’ll save you a seat!” I gave him a thumbs up as a confirmation as I balanced my tray on my other hand. 

“So how are classes?” He asked when I sat down next to him at his and his friends table. 

“Great. I’m acing anyways.” 

“Hey, AJ, looks like you’ve got competition!” Soohyun joked nudging AJ who sat next to him and Kevin. 

“When are your Animin tests?” Kevin asked as he fed his dog. 

“In two days.”

“Are you nervous?” Eli asked, nudging my elbow. I shook my head. 

“Not really. But I think I will be when the day arrives.”
“Everyone is. Even Kiseop was, even though he always denies it.” 

“I wasn’t nervous. Just tired.”
“Sure you were. And that’s also why you kept stuttering.” Hoon joked making the table laugh and mimic how Kiseop had acted that day.
“You weren’t that much better.” He backfired at Hoon. “You kept running to the toilet.” 

“So? Having a weak bladder isn’t a big deal.” The two glared at each other but Hoon couldn’t keep a straight face since he burst out laughing two seconds later. 

“And you Dongho? Are you nervous?” Keving asked. 

Next to me Dongho looked up, for the first time after sitting down, from his plate and his cheeks puffed up with food inside. 

“Not really. It’s not that hard is it?” 

“No you just need to know the basics of each class and then if you pass that you get to go into the big room with all the Animins and then you find it and then that’s it!” Kevin said clapping his hands together at the end with a happy smile on his face. 

I looked over to where Mia and everyone else was sitting and I spotted Kai laughing with Sehun. At that moment he looked over to our table and we locked eyes. He smiled at me and I smiled back

 

 

 

 

ok~ so here it is! I still managed to write it!! 
Good night everyone~!!!
And thank you for reading!!!