A Plan

Specialist - The Journey

 

There they were. Standing there in front of so many soldiers. In uniforms, straight faces, not moving. 

I didn’t understand what the head officer or general or whatever was saying, since my Bando wasn’t too good yet, but then all the soldiers turned and marched out of the grand room, away from where we stood, leaving my parents and the general or whatever alone in the room. 

‘You have visitors.’ The emperor spoke. My parents looked over, smiles forming on their lips. I heard animal footsteps closing in on me and to my left I saw Rocky, Rubin and a bit further back Patrick, running towards me. I kneeled and hugged them, hugging Rubin extra tight.

‘I missed you so much! I was so worried something happened!’ I almost cried into his fur. 

It’s ok. I’m here, I’m fine. It’s ok, stop crying, you’re in front of the emperor for crying out loud!

I laughed and let go, standing up again. My parents were in front of me, smiling. 

‘I was so worried something happened! You could have said something or called! I mean it’s not that hard to leave a note saying you’ve gone to Lanero because your back on duty or whatever!!’ My hand flung up to my mouth, shutting it. I shocked myself by saying that. It sounded like I was their mom!

‘Sorry, sweetie. It was urgent and the guards didn’t take ‘hold on’ as an option.’ My mom said.

‘But you’re here now and that’s what matters.’ The emperor cut in. ‘Now how about we all go and discuss things over some food?’ He smiled and turned, walking away. 

Things? What things? Rubin? What things? 

I don’t know Ren. 

Liar. You’ve been here the whole time and I doubt you went far from my parents side. Spit it out.

Sorry, Ren I can’t tell you. 

RUBIN!!
You’ll find out anyways in a minute or two!

 

The table was full with different plates of food that I had never seen before. Well, that was obvious since this was a different world, but there were things that looked similar to the food back on earth. 

Kai, Hoon, Mr Choi and Key were also there. Kai sitting next to me. 

‘So how do you like Lanero so far, Ren?’ The emperor asked. I swallowed. 

‘It’s very… interesting.’ I said. 

‘Really? Why so?’

I thought for a while before answering. 

‘Well, first off, everyone speaks in Bando here and second, everything looks so different and other worldly here. Like the trees that have silver leaves and the vehicles that don’t have wheels.’

‘Yes, I thought you’d notice those things. The trees are pretty though, am I right?’ 

‘Yes, they are.’ 

‘And how about you, Kai and Hoon? What do you think?’ 

I looked at them and saw that both their mouthes were open and their eyes wide. 

‘Uh, s-same as Ren. The scenery is also very beautiful here.’ Hoon said first. 

‘Y-Yes, it’s very interesting, also that there are two suns.’ Kai added. 

The emperor smiled and nodded. ‘Yes the two suns are very beautiful, mostly around sunrise. The sunset’s aren’t very spectacular though.’ 

It was quiet and we all ate. After some time, Hoon coughed and we all looked at him. Kai held a glass of what I believe was water or something in front of him and he took large gulps of it. 

‘Thanks.’ He said when he had finished. He looked directly at the emperor, blinked and looked back at his plate. I wonder what he heard. 

Probably nothing good if you ask me

I didn’t ask you Rubin. 

Hey, hey, no need to be snappy. 

It was a joke Rubin. Don’t take everything so seriously. 

Don’t you do the same. 

I rolled my eyes and sighed before putting another bite of some kind of meat into my mouth. 

‘There’s a reason I called you here.’ The emperor spoke. ‘as you know and it is time that I’ve told you now.’

He laid down his eating utensils and wiped his mouth.

‘Amitris, Holgan, Ren, I’ve called for you explicitly because I am in need of your help. Shina’s soldiers have outnumbered ours. They are moving forward faster than we had ever thought and now Lanero is in danger. They haven’t crossed the boarder yet, but they will soon and I really, sincerely do not want that. I’ve asked the schools to send their senior specialists here to get them ready for battle and I need you two to lead them.’ 

My eyes widened in shock. Senior students going into battle? They’re too young to go to battle. 

‘But you can’t-’ My dad started.

‘I know that you disapprove but we don’t have any other choice. Trust me. I have gone through every possible choice and they all would fail. We’ve got all our soldiers moving towards the boarder and I am sure they will not last long against Amnenders weapons. I myself will be going there. We’ll be moving the camp first thing tomorrow morning.’ 

It was silent for a while. 

‘When will they come?’ Mom asked.

‘Tomorrow. We’ll shuttle them over to the boarder since we don’t want to activate any other portals. You know what happened last time.’

My parents nodded. 

‘Um, sir, why am I of importance?’ I asked in a small voice. He looked at me and the corners of his lips curved into a smile. 

‘I have something very special planed for you, young lady.’

 

 

 

 

 

New chapter, yay!! Sorry it took so long, schools busy, but now I have one week of vacation (that will be packed with learning since I have so many tests in november, december and january) so I might MIGHT update some more. ok? Again I am sorry that it took so long!! 
Also, Ren's parents names are Amitris (mom) and Holgan (dad). Now I do not remember if I already had made names for them so I just made some up. If I already DID make names for them and now changed them, then they're keeping these names, ok? Ok. Just wanted to say that! 

And thank you for reading you wonderful people~~!! ^^