26

Specialist - The Journey

 

Weeks passed. Weeks full of running, training and learning. Learning new cultures and traditions. 

I learned the role of the woman in Lanero. It turns out they are very much seen as equal, in every way, but they were still obliged to wear skirts and dresses rather then wearing pants. 

I was learning how to cook some of Lanero’s traditional foods and dishes, how to dance and behave and dress appropriately. 

Now Kai, Hoon and I had separate rooms. They slept in the same and I shared a room with the maid that was appointed to me. Arathna and I were almost the same age, except that she was only a few months older than me and we got along perfectly. She told me about the history and traditions of Lanero and about the different cities and I told her about Earth. She was fascinated about all the things we had and she told me it had always been her dream to visit Earth. 

Youngguk was a good trainer and it was even starting to get fun training with him, which I did most of the time. He taught me how to defend, to attack and how to kill.

He’d always start the day with running for half an hour and then doing some stretching and then muscle training. After that we’d have a five minute break and continue to power training. 

I had gotten really good now as I could make a shield and shoot beams at the same time. Putting up shields were the easiest things for me now whereas I could barely even make a wall before. 

It was fun fighting against him but I admit it was starting to get boring. I knew his style of fighting, what to expect from him. I knew all of his moves. 

Apart from power training he also taught me to fight with swords, daggers and the urumi. 

It sometimes happened that the soldiers came to watch our fights when they had time and they always clapped and cheered at the end when we both would lay on the ground panting and sweaty from the workout. 

After my training, I’d wash up and go to my other lessons. I learned to dance using my power as an enhancement of the art. It was really quite amazing watching my teacher do it and she said that my progress was good. The only thing I had trouble with was learning Lanero’s history. Hoon would always try and help me but that didn’t work to well either since we’d not speak bando and I learned everything in bando and so I would get confused. 

 

‘how was your training today?’ Arathna asked as I approached her at the third tent. The camp was divided into four sectors, the tents of the emperor, generals, nobles and commanders where all in the fourth sector. The third were the tents of the soldiers, the second was the main tent were everyone ate and the first sector was where the training facilities and weapon tents were. 

‘Same old, it’s actually starting to get boring fighting against Youngguk day after day.’ We walked to the women’s washroom and entered. ‘Maybe you should tell the emperor and ask for a new teacher.’ I sighed as she helped me out of my dirt stained clothes. I should do that, but I don’t want to hurt Youngguk’s feelings. He’s been nothing but nice and supporting with me. But he always managed to push me the farthest I could go when it came to training. ‘I guess. Maybe I could join Kai and Hoon.’ Arathna giggled and took my clothes, dumping them into the open laundry bin. ‘I’d sure like to see you fight with them.’ 

 

‘Now lift your arm and as you let it slowly and gracefully glide down release a bit of your power so that there’s a trail of light flowing behind it.’ Teacher instructed me. It was weird for me to call her simply Teacher, but I had gotten used to it. Apparently no one except for very few people knew Teacher’s real name, but that bothered me little now. I did as she told me and followed the rest of the new steps I was learning. 

After finishing the whole song and holding the end pose I heard more than one pair of hands applauding. 

I turned to see Teacher with Kai, Hoon, Eli and Mom standing there, all smiling and clapping. 

‘That was amazing!’ Hoon cheered and ran to me to hug me. ‘Thanks’ I said embarrassed. 

‘It really was amazing, darling.’ I smiled at my mom and nodded a thank you. 

‘You’re off for today, Ren.’ Teacher said, laying a hand on my shoulder. ‘You’ve done very well.’ 

Teacher always had a very noble and calm way of talking that made me feel all normal and, well, ordinary as well as clumsy. 

We all walked to the main tent where everyone, even the emperor at times, had their meals. Even though there was a hierarchy it was barely visibly in the main hall or in the entire camp. Generals and nobles would talk as much to soldiers as the maids and servants would. The respect and neighborly love in Lanero was astonishing even though everyone had, more or less, a label. I was labeled as a noble since my parents where as well, thus I was called Miss by maids and soldiers and Lady by servants and others who were lower. Maids had a higher position than servants since maids served nobles, generals and pretty much anyone in the fourth sector and servants served the soldiers, the cooks and the weapon specialists. There was always a feeling of family. No one looked down or misused the maids or servants and they would serve and help without questioning or betraying. Everyone was loyal to their emperor. 

Well, almost everyone


~ ~ ~ ~

 

Hey ho~!! ^^ double update today~ next chapter will be up soon~!!!
Thank you for reading~!! :)