29

Specialist - The Journey

 

[AN: Later it will all become a but confusing with who has what power and who's animin is which and what is that one things name again? and stuff like that so when we are further into the story I will post a chapter ONLY for the powers, Animins and their names. Just so you know for later~]

 

~ ~ ~ ~

 

 

My training with Soohyun and Xiu Min was tiring. They were both extraordinary fighters and they knew their powers very well. It was a bit easier since Xiu Min’s power was ice and not something mind controlling like Soohyuns and I could easily melt his ice with my rays. After the first few days it was already clear that my rays were more powerful than his ice. But as it had happened before, I started to know their fighting techniques quickly and I found out the ways to defeat them in less than fifteen minutes. So they brought me a new teacher, Mr. Choi. As if he wasn’t intimidating enough, I found out that his power was to double himself. If he wanted he could even triple himself, but then they would all be a bit weaker, so he stayed with only one double, which was hard enough. Our fights always attracted a lot of attention.

 

Many thought it wasn’t fair to let a girl fight agains someone like Mr. Choi, but they never interfered. They knew what I was going to have to do and so they would also support me during fights and give me tips when they saw me at dinner or lunch. 

‘Behind you!’ Someone called and I whipped the urumi around and I felt it hit something. Of course since they were fights we always left with cuts and bruises but the soaps and the doctors would always heal us so it wasn’t a big deal. 

Around two months had passed and I had become one of the top twenty fighters. From the women of course, but it was still an achievement.

Of course I wasn’t better than mom, but I was better than Teacher. Kai and I would go for walks every other day or so, sometimes accompanied by Hoon and sometimes just the two of us. We would talk about different things we had learned, different weapons we liked to use and we’d trade tricks we used fro fighting without weapons. 

We also talked a lot about our mission. We didn’t know what was waiting for us in Amnender and I was scared. We all were. The slight sense of the fear we all had just hung in the air everywhere in the camp. We also knew we had to leave soon. Our teachers slowly didn’t know what to teach us anymore.

Mom and Eli would be our historians for the mission since they were better in that while I, and Eli if he had time and if his shield is strong enough would be the shield and Kai would help transport us around. Apart from that we were all good fighters. No we were the best. I watched Kai and Eli once train against some of the soldiers and it was mesmerizing. How they moved, how they used their power to gain advantage on their opponents. It was astonishing. 

I kept wondering what it would be like if everyone else were here. Like Mia, Miyoung, Brynn, Chanyeol, Dongho. Everyone else, but it would be too dangerous. It is dangerous for anyone, not just them. 

 

That evening we, Kai, Eli, Mom some others and I were invited to the Emperor’s tent for diner. Arathna was just helping me into a dress, not a skirt, and tightening a sash around my waist before she started combing my hair. It was a nice dress in jade green instead of the usual grey green and I actually liked it. It wasn’t too feminine and not too lose either. Arathna took small strands of my now long hair and braided them back and tied them together into a ribbon, letting the rest of my hair hang lose under them. By know she knew that my hair always bugged me while I ate, yet I preferred my hair open. 

It wasn’t obvious, but I was aware that the people starred at us while we made our way to the tent. ‘Why are they starring?’ I asked her as she walked slightly in front of me, leading the way. 

She smiled. ‘It’s because you’re so pretty, Ren.’ She said almost inaudibly and in a tone like as if I were too stupid to see it myself. I smiled inwardly at the compliment, but straightened my face when we entered the emperors tent. There was a spell that was put on some buildings, vehicles and in this case, tents that made it possible to have a mansion or even a mall inside a two square meter tent. It was quite practical but still strange for me. We entered a room with a table decorated with plates of food and silverware. I was the last to come, which embarrassed me slightly, but I kept my face straight and sat down on the seat next to Eli and Youngguk. On the other side of the table, two seats further sat Kai who held my gaze for a few seconds before turning his head to the Emperor when he spoke. ‘I’m sure you’re all wondering why I’ve called you here.’ 

He started with his signature smile on his lips. Next to him sat his daughter who was looking at the other end of the table where Luhan sat. ‘I’ve called you together to wish good luck to our new spies.’ I could see some peoples eyes widen in shock. ‘Before you come with all your questions, I’d just like to say that I would keep you here longer if we wouldn’t be growing weaker. The Amnendian army is strong, not stronger but strong and were losing our men. I need to send you out tomorrow even though tonight would be a better choice. But since you are new spies and aren’t experienced I’ll send you off tomorrow morning.’ He gave us a friendly yet apologizing smile. ‘But it’s so soon.’ General protested ‘and they still have much to learn!’ The Emperor sighed. ‘I understand that you want to protect them, General, but they knew this day would come soon. 

I am sure they knew it would be soon anyways and they do not have much to learn anymore. Maybe just how to bake a twelve towered cake if you want but the only things they stall can learn they will. But only when they are on their mission. Isn’t your motto: You must do to learn?’ General grumbled a couple of inarticulate words and looked away. ‘Oh, and I’ve decided for some of your friends to join you.’ The Emperor said before putting a fork of food in his mouth. ‘Friends?’ Kai asked just before I could. The Emperor nodded, his mouth full. ‘Yes, let me think, Mia, Kris, AJ and Lay I believe their names are.’ My eyes widened. Mia? ‘Are they here?’ I asked without thinking? ‘Oh, yes, they arrived just an hour ago, but they’ve already eaten and are sleeping right now.’ He said it like as if it were the most normal thing in the world. 

‘Do they know of the mission?’ Eli asked this time. ‘Yes, of course they do.’ ‘But they are not trained!’ Kai interrupted. He was clearly shocked about the Emperor’s decision and was against it. ‘Kai, calm down. Do you not think I would have thought this through?’ The Emperor raised a single eyebrow at Kai who leaned back in his chair with a pout on his face. ‘Listen well: Some of the Juniors and even Scholars, the best in your grades, have been specially picked to train to come to Lolt, Lanero to be exact to help us with missions. Those four are the top of that extra class. They’ve been trained everything you’ve been trained, minus the language, but I’m sure they will learn fast and knowing all of you, you might not even speak bando together.’ I was surprised he had planned so much behind our backs. 

‘I did this because I know you’ll need help. The rest of the Juniors and Scholars will come in maybe a week and will go on a similar mission parallel to yours. You are all going to meet up near Sanan to attack the city together. What you are supposed to do with the Empress you’ll find out later. For now you should all just concentrate on one thing.’ Suddenly it was quiet in the room. ‘There is a reason why this war started. It’s not because the Prince killed one of my high Lords as all believe, even though that did happen. We used that story to cover what really happened…’

 

 

~ ~ ~ ~ 

 

 

I'm sorry for updating only once or twice a week. I would love to update more, but I have this stupid thing called 'school' and 'homework' that always gets in the way!!! :( 

But here's the next chapter!! Thank you for reading and comments are always loved~ ^^