A New Life [Sungyeol Special]

MyungYeol One-Shot Collection

 

This is like a 'sorry' chapter for the iness of the last one XDD no, really, it is. It wasn't supposed to be but I guess it is! LOL SO IF YOU READ THE TITLE, THIS IS A SUNGYEOL SPECIAL. I was actually typing up my update for HMS, and then I randomly stopped in the first few set scenes and randomly opened up another word document and began furiously typing. Because I furiously type. I DON'T KNOW. But somehow this ended up not being a Myungyeol fanfic, but rather a Sungyeol one. Main characters will be Sungyeol and Sungjong and Sungah (OC). Oh wells~ I hope you enjoy it ^^

Running as fast as he could, Sungyeol didn’t bother to look behind him to make sure that nobody had bothered to chase him. Of course, even if somebody was following him, why? He had already legally given all of her inheritance to his older brother. What could a 15-year old boy do with $40, 000 anyways?! Nothing.

            He blinked back a few tears, trying not to think about his deceased grandfather. With him gone, who would take care of her? Unlike Sunggyu, his brother, he wasn’t 18 yet! He was only thirteen. Sungyeol slowly came to a halt as he glanced around him. Dismissing her paranoid thoughts, he looked around the blank woods, trees surrounding him. Then he began running again.

            Well, running until he ran face-front right into a humungous tree.

 

“AH-H-H-H-H-H-H!”

            Sungyeol sat straight up, staring at the strange, middle-aged lady that had been wiping his scarred face. Glancing around the well-worn cabin, he observed that it was filled with random pieces of garbage. Not garbage as in trash, but garbage as in ‘one man’s trash is another man’s treasure’. Right. Treasure.

            “W-who are you?!” Sungyeol demanded, stammering as his voice got heavy and his  breathing came in short, fast paces. “And where am I?! Get me out of here!”

            “Like you should be talking!” The woman huffed, scolding him. “You nearly gave me a heart attack when I found you lying there in the middle of the woods!”

            “Noona, I found him!” a pouty voice protested next to the lady.

            Sungyeol, scared, looked down from the bed to find a boy about the age of eight, sitting the old ‘criss-cross apple sauce’.

            “That doesn’t matter! Either way, you almost gave me a heart attack! For all I knew, little Sungjong could’ve found a…! An…!”

            She stopped abruptly, staring at the face of the innocent little boy. Sungjong shrugged, then looked over at Sungyeol. “What’s your name?”

            “Um. I’m Sungyeol,” he said quietly, after a few minutes of pondering. A little boy and a lady couldn’t do much harm to him.

            “That there’s Sungjong, and I’m Lee Sungah, but you can just call me Noona.” Sungah gave Sungyeol a nod, then walked over to the stove where she was mixing something up in a big, silver pot. Which left Sungjong and Sungyeol alone for the moment. Sungjong then began prodding him with about, oh, a million questions.

            “Where’re you from?”

            “Uh…far away from here.”

            “Then how’d you get here?”

            “I…um…ran here…”

            “From where?”

            “Far away from here.”

            “Why’d you run?”

            “…Because I wanted exercise?”

            “Why’d you fall asleep on the ground? You were bleeding!”

            “Um. Uh….” Sungyeol looked at the little boy, wondering how he could respond. “I wasn’t sleeping, Sungjong. I ran into a tree.”

            Instantly, a worried look overcame the eight-year-old’s face. “Is the tree alright?!”

            Sungyeol looked at the boy’s genuine look. He blinked twice, then answered, “Yeah. The tree’s fine.”

            “Oh, good!” Sungjong sighed with relief. “I was really scared.”

            “…For the tree?” Sungyeol squeaked, a little confused. What harm could he do to a tree? Without a chainsaw, that huge thing could beat him up without even moving a leaf.

“Well, yeah…”

            Sungah  then walked over, scooping Sungjong into her arms. “You boy, you need to have some rest. Little Sungjong here doesn’t understand too much, so don’t try explaining to him. That’s why his parents left him here, after all.”

            “…Left?” Sungyeol swallowed, the words caught in his throat. “His parents just…abandoned him here?”

            Like his did. Of course, they were too rich to take care of children, so they just had to drop them at her grandfather’s house.

            “What? No!” Sungah snorted. “For the summer. My sister wouldn’t do such thing to a little child! Just that she and that husband of hers are what you would call richies. Little Sungjong here has two older brothers. Both tremendously elite. The fourteen-year-old boy, he’s off to math training camp – average age there is 21. And the boy…oh, that boy. Precious one. 17 years old, amazing at everything. Taking a course in who-knows-what this summer. Just Sungjong…poor little Sungjongie here…not as smart. Tries so hard…he just can’t get it right.”

            “Oh.” Sungyeol stared at the covers, the stars that were stitched onto it. Sungyeol thought of his youngest sister, a three-month old baby when his parents had left him with his grandfather. Obviously, her parents had wanted to keep the little girl and get rid of the 7-year old and the 12-year old. What if the girl turned out to be like Sungjong? Both Sungyeol and Sunggyu were elite students. Top of their classes, straight A’s all the way…even when their parents had left them. Obviously, it hadn’t phased them one bit, since their parents were rarely there for them anyway.

            He cleared , then replied, “I don’t think that’s much of a problem. Sungjong’s only six years younger than his brother, right? Maybe he’ll catch on by the time he’s fourteen.”

            “Oh, I don’t think so,” Sungah sighed, grasping Sungjong close to her. “Myungsoo…bless that boy…when he was four, he knew everything there was to know about anything. Well, everything that I knew. No aunt can be as smart as that nephew of mines. By the time he was five, perfect at the guitar. Not a note different from a pro’s.”

            Sungyeol’s eyes shifted to look at Sungjong. He had a bright look on his face now, hopping down from his grandma’s arms and walking over to her. “You know, hyung, my older brother can do everything! But his music makes me a little sleepy.”

            Sungyeol laughed, feeling the tears trail from the corner of his eye. “You love your brother, Sungjong?”

            “Well…yes…” Sungjong looked away from here, and down at the ground. Sungyeol had noticed, after all, how hesitant he was to say so.

            “What’s wrong, Sungjong?”

            When he didn’t answer, Sungah walked over and wrapped her arms around the eight-year-old, facing Sungyeol. “Myungsoo…he can get a little busy at times. Doesn’t always have the time for his little brother. Same goes for Woohyun. Both of them darlings…just never really could spare a moment for Sungjong.”

            Well, that’s where the similarities stopped between their families. Sungyeol looked at Sungjong, not wanting to say anything wrong to the broken boy. Sunggyu had always been there for him, no matter what. He couldn’t be there for Sungyeol now, though, since he had graduated from high school and was currently at college getting his master’s degree.

            “It’s okay, Sungjong,” Sungyeol murmured, climbing down from his bed and taking Sungjong from Sungah’s arm. He looked at Sungjong, wiping away the tear that was falling down his cheeks. “I’ll be here for you.”

            He gave him a big hug, knowing that this was where he belonged now, and this was where he would stay. 

 

I gots it. You have to get the legalized documents and everything, I know, but let's forget about that for a second XD

First of all, no, I wasn't implying Yeoljong. I just made Sungjong the kid because...well...I miss my totally girly bais XDD 

Ya'll can, like, make an imaginary sequel whereas Myungsoo and Woohyun come to the cabin to pick up their totally deprived little brother and Myungyeol meet and they have a very important talk on neglecting little siblings and end up together somehow. OTL I ALREADY DID. WOOT WOOT. BUT IDK IF I'M GOING TO POST IT BECAUSE...well...it really isn't even that good XDD my writing died midway.

WELL. BYEBYES~ ♥ I LOVE YOU ^^