Preternatural

MyungYeol One-Shot Collection

lmao ok so this is a vampire!au fic for sabris (ily bbg and if ur disappointed I TRIED OKAY <333) and it's basically the first vampire anything i've written since our 60th anniversary so basically if im inaccurate idc lol and if youre confused about anything pls just blow up at me in the comments i dont mind

He looked so peaceful.

                There was something about the way he breathed laying on his side, how his chest heaved slowly up and down as his lips opened, breaths exhaled and inhaled. One hand was under his head and the other was laying where Sungyeol used to lie and he just looked absolutely precious.

                Sungyeol could hear every heartbeat, every red blood cell, all the tiniest of movements spreading through Myungsoo’s body. He marveled in the fact that he didn’t have an urgency to take a deep bite of his love’s neck – he didn’t need to. He adored the way all of Myungsoo’s blood would flow to the younger’s cheeks when he was embarrassed or nervous or feeling out of place, and there was no way that Sungyeol was going to deprive him of those rosy cheeks.

                “How about you not stare at me and go back to sleep?”

                Feeling a hitch in the back of his neck, Sungyeol coughed and smiled. It was obvious that Myungsoo’s eyes were still closed and it was obvious that there was no way he could see Sungyeol’s hand reaching for his arm, but he flinched and turned the other way nonetheless, desperate for sleep.

                Something was different, and it was so, so clear – Myungsoo was beginning to receive all the traits of a vampire.

 

Flashback to last night – those were the words that appeared in Sungyeol’s mind.

                Myungsoo had always been an insecure person. Despite how he looked, how he dressed, how he held himself up without many apparent doubts – he was as self conscious, if not even more, than the next person.

                He had to make sure of everything, he had to check off each bullet in his list four times over before deciding to cross it off. He never wanted anything to be left out, he never wanted anything to be stumbled over or forgotten; and most of all, he hated it when the things he thought were real turned out to be untrue.

                So whenever Sungyeol breathed out I love you in hot breath, Myungsoo always doubted. Not Sungyeol’s love, but whether or not Sungyeol would continue saying I love you the same way for the next few weeks, for the next year, for the rest of their lives. He never wanted the loving and the caring and the worrying and the fretting and the giddiness to stop.

                It was nearly 2 AM and they were both hot, sweaty, and sticky – not to mention . Myungsoo was tired and wanted to finish their night and start his sleep with the blankets half on and off his body, laying on his side and not giving a care for the world.             

                Sungyeol only laughed and sat up, bending over to ruffle his boyfriend’s hair and giving his neck a light kiss. He didn’t need sleep – he never did, that was kinda his thing.

                So instead he stood up, pulling on any undergarments he felt were needed, and made his way to the bathroom for anything to clean either of the up.

                When he had returned with a cloth in hand, slowly pulling whatever blanket that was left off Myungsoo, the younger grabbed his arm and looked up at him with heavily lidded eyes, any real conscience thrown off by sleepiness and the want for a cuddle buddy.

                “What is it?” Sungyeol laughed, getting off his knees and situating himself on his ankles.

                “Promise me.”

                “Promise you what?” The humor in Sungyeol’s voice still hadn’t left, though his confusion was still present.

                “That you do love me. And will love me. Yeah?”

                “Yeah, Myungsoo. What’s wrong?”

                The younger groaned, turning to bury his face in the pillow beneath his head. “I just…really, really, don’t want you to leave.”

                “You’re being weird, Myung. I’m not leaving anytime soon.”

                “But I mean…ever. I want to stay with you. Forever. Really.”

                Well that was a ing stupid thing to say, Myungsoo.

                It’d only taken an hour of rash thinking, two minutes to deprived hunger, and the assured whispers of Yeah, Sungyeol, forever does mean forever…why? for Sungyeol to wait for his lover to fall asleep and actually ravish his neck.

 

“I think I’m gonna stay home today.”

                Sungyeol looked up as he was hooking his fake tie on, giving Myungsoo a look. “Why? Are you feeling weird?”

                “Yeah, just a bit funky,” Myungsoo shrugged in reply. “Really…weird.”

                It’s working, Sungyeol thought, half smiling. “Feel better, then. I’ll be home soon.”

                “Yeah,” the other nodded, groaning as his head was placed in his hands and he headed towards the couch. “God…my head hurts…”

                “No painkiller can help you now,” Sungyeol laughed quietly to himself as he began to leave the apartment.

                It only took Myungsoo several minutes after his boyfriend had left to realize that the annoying noises he was hearing wasn’t actually a construction site a few blocks down, it was the plumping and pipes going through the walls.

                “What the…hell…” He walked over to the wall, closing his ear onto the sound before noticing how clear everything sounded. It wasn’t just water going through anymore, it was every single molecule binding, every single covalent bond forming – he was listening on to the formation of water.

                This was insane.

                No, not even that anymore – this was absolutely crazy, this couldn’t be happening. And the fact that he knew he could hear everything up to this magnified point was even more scary. What the actual was going on?

                He hadn’t done anything weird so far. He woke up, he brushed his teeth, combed his hair, took a shower – everything was on point. He didn’t mess with his ears at all, he didn’t do anything to his ear drums or insides.

                “Cook on it,” he could remember Sungyeol telling him. It was their thing, cook on it or bake on it. Sleeping didn’t help because when you woke up four hours later, it’s just as bad as a hangover (where the hell am I what year is it what happened am I dead or is that wait where the am I) but cooking had a point to it and if he made too much, .

                Minus the fact that he couldn’t cook, but that was fine. Some foods were naturally made to taste bad anyways.

 

For their two year anniversary last year, Sungyeol had gotten Myungsoo a little salt, pepper, garlic, and shredded cheese set with matching bottles and a cute little black stand that held each container.

                Mind that this was after Myungsoo’s persistence to learn to cook and before Sungyeol had actually tasted what Myungsoo’s attempt at “cooking” was.

                But either way, he remembered last week when Sungjong’s mother had come over to visit, inviting all the friends and acquaintances Sungjong had ever made or met throughout his 21 years of living over to eat a home-cooked meal. Her appetizer for seemingly the whole city had been garlic bread and, needless to say, it tasted amazing; only Sungyeol had refused to eat it, loosely declaring that he’d only eat garlic bread if Myungsoo had made it.

                So make it he would do – he had the recipe and all the ingredients piled up on the kitchen counter beside the kitchen and he was so going to do this.

 

“I smell food,” Sungyeol sang as he unlocked the door and walked in.

                “Yeah, I made something,” Myungsoo grinned as he came into the living room of the apartment, pretty proud of his accomplishment, actually.

                It took barely four seconds for the other’s smile to disappear and for him to half choke on his saliva. “What.”

                “I promise it doesn’t taste awful, okay?” the younger cheerfully jumped, motioning for his boyfriend to take a seat in the chair beside the dinner table. “And I know we had that whole agreement to only let you cook, but c’mon, this is gonna be amazing.”

                “…Can I ask what it is, at least?” So I know what’s gonna kill me.

                “Surpriiiiiiiiise!”

                And Sungyeol felt like literally burying a hole in the ground and dying there (only he couldn’t because remember, the whole already dead thing and everything?) because the last time Myungsoo had a “surprise” it turned out to be fried rice with apples and pineapples. Now, that doesn’t sound too bad, but add it too much unnecessary soy sauce and rice that was honestly too mushy to be rice and, shiver a bit, that’s what kind of surprise you would get.

                There was a few more minutes of remorse and thoughts of Maybe if I faked bloody diarchal from both ends he’d let me go for once only to have Myungsoo come out with a plate of two pieces of bread.

                “Oh.”

                This couldn’t be too bad, who could mess up on bread? You stick it in the toaster, you press a few nonsense buttons, and then wait for it to not taste like a rock or not be burnt enough to give you cancer.

                Except , lo and behold, Kim Myungsoo could defy thoughts of practically anything.

                Sungyeol was so grateful he had kept a water bottle in his workbag because it’d taken at least six chugs of the drink to get rid of the salty, tangy, and altogether undesirable taste from his mouth and, hopefully, his memories.

                “Um, Myung, yeah, what is this exactly?”

                And somehow, just somehow, the younger hadn’t seen how Sungyeol had basically gagged his way through the bread for the past three minutes. He had a hopeful look plastered on his face, smiled a bit, and replied, “Garlic bread!”

                “What.”

                “Garlic bread.”

                “WH – at?”

                “Garlic bread?”

                “Myungsoo, this is garlic bread!” Sungyeol hollered, standing up and pushing his chair back, pointing at the piece of wheat on the table.

                “Yeah, we kinda established that?” Myungsoo squinted, giving his boyfriend the weirdest look he can muster up.

                “This is ing garlic bread, Myungsoo! Garlic! GARLIC! What the are you doing – Myungsoo – ing hell spit that out – MYUNGSOO!”

                Nearly four seconds after Myungsoo had bitten a piece off of his homemade garlic bread and swallowed it in distaste (okay, yeah, maybe cooking wasn’t exactly his forte), Sungyeol had come clobbering over, set with flailing arms and all, forcing the bread out of Myungsoo’s hands and onto the ground.

                “So it doesn’t taste that great!” Myungsoo said, turning around in his chair to take a look at his hysterical boyfriend, who was now frozen, hands mid air and giving Myungsoo the most horrific look in the world. He’d never, not in their three years of being together, seen Sungyeol his out of it – Sungyeol was the type that joked about awkward and dangerous situations. He never threw a fit, not when he knew it was unnecessary at least – so what was this all about? “What’s so bad about it?”

                “I can’t eat garlic bread, Myungsoo. I can’t eat garlic, period,” Sungyeol answered in a low, coarse tone. “And you know what ing else, Myungsoo, you can’t either.”

                “What are you even talking about –“

                “Do you even know what happens to vampires when they eat garlic?!” Sungyeol shouted, his breathing increasing by the second and his sanity lowering by the millisecond. “They shrivel up and die, that’s what happens! They shrivel up and die, and every piece of life inside of them begins to be terrorized into some – some sand substance, and then they just end up disappearing, Myungsoo! That’s what happens and – – what did you do, Myungsoo, what the hell have you done?!”

                “What do vampires have to do with this –“

                “IT HAS EVERYTHING,” Sungyeol screamed. “EVERYTHING.”

                “Sungyeol –”

                “You remember last night, in bed, when you told me that you wanted us to live together forever? You remember that?”

                “Well, yeah –“

                “Well yeah, surprise surprise, I’m a vampire, and wow look, more surprises! So are you.”

                Myungsoo wasn’t sure if it was the irregular harsh tone in Sungyeol’s voice or if it was the flashbacks of all the weird things that had been happening to him that day, but he could just feel everything in his mind start to click.

                “I don’t have any baby photos. They burned with my parents when the house caught on fire.”

                The amount of money they spent per month on sunscreen alone.

                “Please, Myungsoo, you know you look younger than me. I just…don’t look old.”

                Maybe Sungyeol didn’t eat the garlic bread at Sungjong’s party because it would make him die. Not because Myungsoo didn’t make it, ‘cause Lord knows Myungsoo couldn’t cook to save anyone’s life.

                “I like being pale. If you did your best to stay pale, you could stay that way, too.”

                The red speckles that he saw that night – those weren’t his imagination, and they were Sungyeol’s eyes. They had to be Sungyeol’s eyes.

                “Forever…are you sure? That you want to be together forever? Because forever’s a long time, it’s a really long time. And in one forever a lot of things can change, even if you try your best for them not to. We’ve only been together for three years, and that’s not even half a millisecond in terms of forevers.”

                The pain last night, the uncomfortable feeling. The blood loss.

                Slowly but surely, Myungsoo lifted his hand up to feel where his heart lay in his chest.

                It was still there. There was still a heartbeat. It was a faint one, you couldn’t tell unless you pressed hard enough, but he knew it was there.

                “It’s going away slowly,” Sungyeol swallowed nervously when he saw that Myungsoo was giving him a look of combined understanding and confusion. “It takes a day, maybe two, for everything to fall in order. You lose your heartbeat, you lose your sanity for a while. You hear everything, you want everything that you can’t have.”

                “But…”

                Sungyeol’s eyes dropped to the plates on their dinner table. “…But nothing can fall in order because now, everything’s going to fall apart.”

                The numbness of now being a vampire had slowly passed away as thoughts of Well I’m gonna die in 24 hours or less began clouding up Myungsoo’s mind and any judgments he could make.

                “Sungyeol –“

                “AH –!” It didn’t even take ten minutes for Sungyeol to be doubled over, holding onto his stomach as if it were the worst pain in the world.

                And it was, only it was too familiar to be a dying feeling.

                The cramps were beginning to fade and slowly come back, and the only thing the older (Much older, Myungsoo joked in his mind only he was reminded again by his ticking time bomb that jokes weren’t exactly needed at the moment) could think was that this was not how death by garlic was described to him.

                It was more of what happened when he consumed dairy products.

                “Myungsoo,” Sungyeol breathed out in quick gasps, “what did you make the bread with?”

                “Garlic –“

                “No, no, it was definitely something else – Myungsoo, please go check.”

                Now everything that had started to begin making sense to him just became a huge bundled mess – what was Sungyeol even talking about? If it wasn’t garlic that was hurting him and killing him like that then what was it –

                Oh.

                Myungsoo stared down at the identical bottles of spices and bit back the most embarrassing laugh he had in mind.

                “It wasn’t garlic, was it?” Sungyeol called from the dining room just a few minutes after Myungsoo had left.

                “So you remember that set you bought me for our anniversary?” Myungsoo sheepishly began, walking out to where his boyfriend was, the two bottles in hand.

                Sungyeol groaned at the labels Myungsoo was showing at him. He had moved himself to the couch, still in undeniable pain.

                “Shredded cheese, really? Really?” Sungyeol let out the most annoyed guttural noise his vocal chords could come up with. “I refuse to believe this.”

                “Why’d you even buy me this stupid set then?” Myungsoo asked, slightly offended. “If you knew that you were lactose intolerant and that garlic kills you, why?”

                “I never thought you would use it!” the older complained. “I thought you knew full well you couldn’t cook, and I just thought you were never going to touch it!”

                “Well.”

                “I’m sorry, okay? Now please get me some pills or something – I’m dying here.”

                Rolling his eyes and walking to the cupboard to grab some painkillers he had already chugged down this morning, Myungsoo couldn’t help but ask, “You only ate a little cheese, why’re you such a mess?”

                “I’m a vampire, Myungsoo. Everything doubles up in pain and quickness when it comes to disease,” Sungyeol answered, breath heaving with the pain in his stomach and upcoming bowel movements. “Why do you think there aren’t any vampires chilling in the hospital with cancer and heart disease?”

                And at that, the loud crashing of the pill bottle as it came in contact with the wooden floors echoed through the apartment.

                “I’m actually a ing vampire now, aren’t I?”            

               

                 

 

cheers for alive myungyeol!!

lmao but i know 0 about lactose intolerance except for my friend except she's allergic to the protein in milk which is supposedly worse but i dont really know

ps i had to look on yahoo answers for what happens if lactose intolerant people consume cheese and ok theres this one answer by a user named evie and js guys that aint me

anyways that was only 2k but it took me so long to write legit and then i kept going back and adding things (which i never everevereverever do so that's really weird on my part) 

thas all im sorry if it was bad hahahaah ;;; hope you guys have a great saturday/sunday!

[[c:13]]

oh & some of y'all said the last os reminded you of 60 seconds anD I ACTUALLY DIDN'T REALIZE THAT UNTIL NOW SO yeah that's pretty cool hehe