"No, The First Established Real Couple in INFINITE."

MyungYeol One-Shot Collection

 

I realized. I don't write a lot of oneshots about Myungyeol in the boyband Infinite. So like...I whipped one off from the top of my head >.> sorry if it LOL.

“How about if I turned this way, how would I look?”

               “Hmm, yeah, no, the other way was better.”

               “Oh, this way?”

               “No…well, it looks better, but…naw, it’s fine.”

               Sunggyu, a little weirded out, walked over to where Myungsoo and Sungyeol were standing “What…are you guys doing?”

               “Oh, we’re just planning which way for Myungsoo to stand during the music video shoot,” Sungyeol quickly explained, walking in a circle around Myungsoo as he carefully examined him. Sunggyu stepped back a bit, dizzy at the twenty Sungyeol’s being reflected by the mirrors in the cold dance room.

               “Can I stop now, hyung?” Myungsoo whined. “I’m tired.”

               “Myungsoo, you –“

               “Give him a break, Sungyeol,” Sunggyu said. “We’re going to eat anyway. Get out of your sweaty exercise clothes and wear something decent. The rest of us will go before you.”

 

“I don’t want to go,” Myungsoo sighed, a towel wrapped around his neck as it dripped with water.

               “Sunggyu hyung will get pissed at us if we don’t.” Sungyeol walked around their messy room and threw a pair of jeans and a black shirt at Myungsoo, then walked back to his side of the room to find something to wear.

               “But hyung!” the younger boy protested, falling onto his bed. “I’m tired. Wanna just stay here with me?”

               “Myungsoo.”

               With a tighter hold on his clothes, Myungsoo stood up to walk back to the bathroom, muttering, “Oblivious Yeol hyung…”

 

“I’m telling you, she only sings two ‘ever’s! The other one is a ‘never!” Sungjong screamed.

               “No!” Woohyun shouted back. “It’s ever, ever, ever!”

               “Hyung, it’s “we are never, ever, ever getting back together”! Not “we are ever, ever, ever getting back together”! What the freak is that, even?”

               “GUYS! STOP! NOW!” Myungsoo screamed, stabbing his fork into the pizza. He glared at the six members, who were just awning at him, and stood up.

               “I told you I didn’t want come,” he hissed at the boy sitting next to him, and walked out the door.

               “W-what’s wrong with Myungsoo hyung?” Sungjong wailed, staring as the pizza parlor’s door swung back and forth aimlessly, blowing in cold wind. “We always fight about these things. Why is he so mad all of a sudden?”

               “He wanted to stay at home,” Sungyeol said. He sighed, pushed his plate forward, and stepped out from his seat. “I’ll go talk to him. Give me a second…if we don’t come back then, whatever.”

               To be honest, Sungyeol hadn’t even wanted to go. He would’ve preferred staying home with Myungsoo, but they’d been ditching the group to just hang out by themselves too many times already. It would’ve been nice, you know, to just hang out with them once in a while, whether they wanted to or not.

               “Myungsoo,” Sungyeol whispered, walking up to the dark shadow that was beginning to drift away from him. “HEY! MYUNGSOO!”

               Seeing that the shadow stopped moving, Sungyeol jogged up to it. “Hey, you alright?”

               “I’m fine,” Myungsoo huffed. “I just, you know, was full. Mind wasn’t straight…lack of sleep. Kinda sick of them yelling at each other all the time over stupid stuff.”

               Sungyeol smiled a bit, saying, “I thought you’d miss that. We haven’t eaten out with them for so long.”

               “What? Saves money.”

               “Not when we order twenty pounds of to-go, it doesn’t.”

               Sungyeol’s smile got wider when he saw the corners of his dongsaeng’s lips lift up. “C’mon, I told them we weren’t going back. We can, like, take a walk or something, if you’d like. Take the feeling off at in our stomachs away for a while.”

               Letting out a small laugh, Myungsoo caught up with Sungyeol as he put his hands into his pockets, sighing. “The weather’s actually pretty nice out here.”

               “Not that we’d know, since we just stay locked up in the dorm,” Myungsoo added.

 

“What do you think about Woohyun and Sunggyu?”

               Myungsoo perked up, turning to look at Sungyeol. “What about them?”

               “Do you think they’re together?” Sungyeol asked as he picked up a rock, skipping it in the pond before them.

               “…Why?”

               “I don’t know, they sure act like it. On and off of camera.” Sungyeol sighed, taking the pebble that Myungsoo handed him. “You know, I’m thinking that the Woogyu couple’s beating out the Myungyeol one.”

               At this, Myungsoo had to belt out in laughter. “Why would you think that?”

               “Um, because Woogyu might actually be real?” Sungyeol gave him a sarcastic look, but when he saw the facial expression that his best friend had, he stopped. “No, I mean, it’s fine that they’re real. I’d accept them if they were. It’s just, you know…never mind…”

               “No, I know what you mean. Keep talking.”

               “Like…they’re just so real to each other, it’s hard to fake on camera. You know? Take it, for example, like Boys over Flowers. Jun Pyo will always love Jan Di, so it’s hard to fake that he loves that other rich girl which I’ve actually forgotten the name of. Hence, Woohyun and Sunggyu love each other so much, they can’t just ‘fake’ their love on camera. You get it?”

               Myungsoo stood still, shaking his head. Sungyeol’s drama analogies never made sense to him, never.

               Before Sungyeol could mutter a “Never mind”, Myungsoo said, “You wanna know what that reminds me of?”

               “Huh? What?”

               Breathing in and taking a risk, Myungsoo answered, “Us.”

               Instead of laughing, which he’d actually planned to do, Sungyeol tilted his head to the side and asked, “What do you mean, ‘us’?”

               “Don’t we seem real, hyung?”

               “Well…” Sungyeol debated in his head for a second, thinking. Well, yes, he’d seen the Myungyeol videos online. And there was that one time they were aired in a television show as a couple…and…well…yeah, they did seem real. “Why?”

               As if he could mentally track how Sungyeol’s mind went, Myungsoo answered, “Why do you think?”

               “We’re…us…we’re real?”

               “I don’t know, you tell me.”

               “Myungie!” Sungyeol stomped his foot on the ground, following Myungsoo as the younger boy went to sit on the bench. “Stop confusing me.”

               “It’s too fun not to.”

               “Myungie…then explain it to me instead of confusing me.”

               Myungsoo breathed out a bit, watching his breath come out in the air. He patted at the seat next to him, and Sungyeol gladly obliged. “We’re stupid, that’s what.”

               “…I told you to explain it to me, not confuse me, pabo.”

               “No, let me get this straight, you’re stupid.”

               “MYUNGSOO.”

               Laughing a bit, Myungsoo fell into Sungyeol’s lap. It was probably a dangerous move, because that would mean Sungyeol had better access to hit Myungsoo, but they both knew that nobody was going to physically hurt anybody.

               “We could be like Hoya and Dongwoo hyung,” Myungsoo said quietly.

               “What about them?”

               “Are you really that oblivious, hyung?”

               “…Something like that. Now explain it to me,” Sungyeol coaxed, stretching his head back to look at the polluted night sky.

               “They’re probably as real as Woohyun and Sunggyu are.”

               “But –“

               “They don’t show it on camera,” Myungsoo finished. “Unlike Woohyun and Sunggyu hyung. They’re smart, they use the other members to cover up after their naughty steps.”

               Sungyeol, a bit dumbfounded, nodded. “So…where does that leave us? With Woogyu at too lovey-to-fake, at too-stealthy-to-show, and Myungyeol at what, exactly?”

               “Apparently too stupid to see.”

               “See what?”

               “Sungyeol, we’re meant to be!”

               “…I think you’re high, Myungie.”

               Myungsoo thought for a second, conflicted as to if he should be hurt or agree. “Probably. Pizza does that to you.”

               Chuckling a bit, Sungyeol pulled at Myungsoo neck to grab him up. “What do you mean? I’m pretty sure two real couples in Infinite’s enough.”

               “Oh, so now you’re rejecting me? I should just go to Sungjong now, and we’d legalize Myungjong.”

               Sungyeol nodded for a long while, knowing that Myungsoo wasn’t going anywhere. “Uh huh. Because all of a sudden you can legalize a couple.”

               “Hyung! You’re not getting the point here.”

               “The point that you’re desperate to be coupled up with somebody?”

               Without another word, Myungsoo just forced himself back onto Sungyeol’s lap.

               “Aww, is my Myungie upset?” Sungyeol cooed, smoothing out Myungsoo’s hair.

               “Yes,” the younger pouted. “Your Myungie is up – wait hold it, wait what? ‘Your’ Myungie? Oh, look who jumped too far ahead.”

               Looking down at Myungsoo’s “I’m judging you” face and his crossed arms, Sungyeol laughed again. “Don’t be like that. We need an excuse as to why we want to be alone all the time, right? The hyung’s and Sungjong aren’t accepting the reason “we’re tired” anymore, you know.”

               “Oh, so now real Myungyeol’s an excuse?”

               Another laugh from Sungyeol, admiring how cute his boyfriend (eek!) looked with the sarcastic face on him. “No, the first established real couple in Infinite.”

               “But what about –“

               “Meh, Woogyu and are too shy to admit it. We can be, like, the advertisement couple. Like, the first Infinite couple to kiss on cam, or something like that. You get me?”

               “We already kissed on cam, pabo.”

               “Well, yeah, but you know. Without the pocky stick in between us,” Sungyeol said. He was about to let out another laugh when a mortified look overcame his face, watching Myungsoo pull out his phone.

               Sitting up, Myungsoo changed his camera’s setting to video and twisted around until his legs were spread out across Sungyeol’s thighs, still seated next to the tall choding.

               “Cam enough?” Myungsoo hissed as he pulled himself closer to Sungyeol, until their lips met in a soft, cold embrace. As they continued on just pressing lips, Myungsoo decided to turn it up a notch since…heh, there was a camera there after all.

               Forcing Sungyeol to part his lips, Myungsoo’s tongue made his way into Sungyeol’s mouth, carefully reaching and about every part of it he could manage to get to before finally pulling out.

               “Myungie…what…what’re you doing with it – hey – don’t – what are you -!”

               Just laughing his off, Myungsoo watched Sungyeol flip out as he pressed the “send” button, letting the nice, little, 8 second make-out video get sent to the other six members of Infinite. Yes, six.

               “Just in case you’d want to watch us making out ever again,” Myungsoo said, smiling when he saw the horrid look on Sungyeol’s face as the older male checked his phone.            

               What made it worse was the message attached to the end of the video, just saying “Yeah. Sungyeol does taste a lot like caramel and coffee, if you were wondering." 

 

Ya know. Now all we have to do is find that video ;DDD

LOL I JUST GOT THIS IDEA WHEN I WAS WATCHING THAT ONE MYUNGYEOL VID, WHEN ALL OF THE MEMBERS WERE FIFTY FEET APART (exaggeration here, guys.) AND MYUNGYEOL WERE, LIKE, HALF A CENTIMETER FROM ONE ANOTHER. and then when Sungyeol was HyunA, and at the entire band performance, Myungyeol were just ignoring the rest of the members for each other ._. yeah, they're pretty awesome♥

WELL LOLOL HAPPY FRIDAY! ;DDD I HAD THE WORST WEEK EVER, SO LIKE, YEAH. >.< so happy it's Friday. KEKE~ GONNA GO EAT DINNER NOW, SO LIKE, BYEEE~♥