Life Really Is A

MyungYeol One-Shot Collection

 

If you don't want to relive another "honestly Evie wtf please stop" moment, I suggest you not read this.

Life is a , Myungsoo thought as he glared at himself in the mirror.

                He hadn’t been out of the house – no, correction, of his room in days, and he’d figured that maybe it was time to get some fresh air. The fridge inside his room was beginning to run out of food, anyways.

                He looked down at his outfit another time, rolling his eyes. His navy blue Abercrombie sweats ordered from America were starting to get wrinkled from the lack of use – Myungsoo had only found these when he’d dug through his room attempting to find any more bags of chips – and his tank top covered the f in ‘fitch’ so that it seemed, in every way, that the word ‘’ was stitched down his sweats.

                And his tank top, too, his favorite black one, was messed up. The hem of it was beginning to tear off, but the back hem stayed, so it looked plainly awkward. Besides, he was too lazy to fix it up.

                His gray jacket was the only thing that seemed intact, but he didn’t like it because it only zipped up halfway, so he ended up looking like some gay attempting to show off as much as his wifebeater allowed him to.

                Not that he wasn’t. He wasn’t attempting to flash himself, no, but in more ways than one he was a gay .

                Not that he really minded.

                Myungsoo scratched his bed hair, which added to his “I’m PMS-ing girl” look, and glanced around his bedroom one more time.

                Since he  had refused to do anything, last night while he was sleeping, his mom came in to stack up everything (well, mostly everything) in moving boxes. His dad wasn’t home again, like usual, which made everything a billion times worse.

                His cell phone, which he’d thrown in the corner to prevent it from ringing too much, was still cracked apart and on the ground. It wasn’t broken (at least he hoped it wasn’t, it would be his only way of contacting his dad after the move), but the battery had flown out of its spot, along with the back. They were probably under his bed somewhere, he’d look for it later.

                Myungsoo hadn’t been to school for days (more like weeks, but like he really cared) and he knew that if his phone wasn’t torn apart, there would be an infinite amount of calls and text messages from his friends and boyfriend he’d have to look through. There already was, and it had only been the first day he’d gone missing.

                Kicking a water bottle out of the way, Myungsoo pulled his bedroom door open and ran down the stairs a quickly as possible. He was aiming to forget every happy memory in this freaking house, but the court papers sitting in the kitchen table wasn’t making anything any better for him.

                He remembered it’d been about two years ago, when he started high school, that the papers were being mailed to his household continuously. Half of the reason why he was getting such bad grades were because he was usually dragged out of school early to go to a court session, usually to figure out which parents would get custody of him.

                Before completely shutting the door behind him when he had gotten outside, Myungsoo heard a very familiar creak and somebody shouting, “MYUNGSOO? WHERE ARE YOU GOING?”

                Obviously, it was his mother, but all he did was scoff, lock the door, and walk away.

 

When he’d left his home, Sungyeol was running half a day late for school. His little brother had another baby freakouts where he just sat in his crib and bawled his eyes out, crying for any person that wasn’t his older brother.

                It was one of those days again when their nanny was running late (Sungyeol preferred to call her their “maid” in, honestly, she was their nanny), so Daeyeol was left in the hands of Sungyeol.

                And despite how much he hated his younger brother, Sungyeol couldn’t bear to leave the pitiful, crying baby alone. So he sat with him and waited until their nanny arrived, to which he flung Daeyeol to her (quite literally) and ran out of the house.

                It wasn’t that he was excited for school (nobody is, really) but more of who would be there. Well, more of who Sungyeol hoped would be there.

                And that one person was no one other than Kim Myungsoo, Sungyeol’s boyfriend, the guy who made Sungyeol’s head spin around in confusion.

                He hadn’t been to school in a week, and it was invading Sungyeol’s mind nearly every minute of the day. There was no way that the older boy could contact him – he wouldn’t pick up his phone, he wouldn’t come to school, and he wouldn’t answer his doorbell when Sungyeol personally came to ring on it.

                Right there, was a prime example of how Myungsoo confused him terribly – Sungyeol wasn’t sure if he was supposed to be mad at Myungsoo because the boy was ignoring him, or worried because he was ignoring everybody else, too.

                It didn’t help that Myungsoo wasn’t particularly the best boyfriend in the world, either. Take example, Sungyeol’s birthday last year. Myungsoo just had to give up a bouquet of the one type of flowers he was allergic to. And the poison ivy leaves didn’t really make anything better for their relationship.

                Sungyeol squinted his eyes as he came to the crosswalk, Myungsoo made everything stupid, but right now, the boy wasn’t even here to help clean up the mess he was making in Sungyeol’s brain.

                “Are you gonna press the button or are you just gonna stand there with your hand on it?”

                Almost immediately, Sungyeol snapped out of his thinking mode and shoved the ‘walk’ button beneath his palm and let go, taking good notice that his hand probably smelled like metal now.

                “Sorry,” he quickly muttered, hoping the person behind him could hear.

                There was a nice and awkward time of silence until the person coughed and said, “It’s fine. I’m not in a rush, anyways.”

                Sungyeol nodded; he didn’t really have anything to say back. And there was also the fact that he was scared as freak to turn around – the guy probably had a knife in his hand disguised as a cane or something.

                “You’re going to school right now?”

                Without thinking too much of it, Sungyeol nodded.

                “High school?”

                Another ignorant nod. Sungyeol knew he probably shouldn’t be giving all this weird information away, but he couldn’t help it.

                “It’s 10:42 AM right now, you know. No high school starts at this time.”

                Sungyeol just bit his bottom lip and shrugged. “I’m running a bit late, that’s all.”

                “A bit?” He snorted, and Sungyeol just stayed frozen, counting the time it took for all the cars to pass. Curse him for not pressing the button anytime sooner.

                “A bit,” Sungyeol nodded.

                “Say, the uniform looks familiar. What school do you go to?”

                Sungyeol felt his legs shivering a little, not sure how to answer it. He wanted to only shrug his shoulders and beg for the cars to pass by, but he knew that was rude. And if his perfect parents had taught him anything, it was to not be rude to anybody, pedo criminal or not.

                Thank God for him, the bright sign across the street flashed “WALK” and the twenty second countdown. Sungyeol took a second to thank the Heavens forit, and stepped down the sidewalk – just when a strong arm wrapped itself around his waist and pulled him back from a last car that was passing through.

                “I HAVE A BOYFRIEND, YOU KNOW!” He screamed, trying his best (which was probably a teenage girl’s worst) to shove the hold away. Freak it if the guy just saved him from becoming Flat Sungyeol, nobody touched him there besides Kim Myungsoo.

                The boy coughed a bit, and that’s when Sungyeol decided to finally open his eyes.

                “It’s great and everything that you’re faithful to me, but it kinda hurts that you don’t recognize my voice.”

                Sungyeol almost wanted to cry when he saw Myungsoo’s face, even though his face was virtually makeup-less and no amount of BB cream could cover up the eye bags.

                “I’m so sorry,” Sungyeol quickly apologized, grabbing the younger boy’s arm to drag him away from any ears in sight. “It’s just that a lot of people have the same voice in this world and I was scared – and by the way, you look like crap – and I didn’t know what to do because I needed to get to school to see if you weren’t dead, which you aren’t, obviously, and remind me again why you look like a hobo in drag!”

                Myungsoo eyed down at his outfit, noticing that one leg of his sweats had drooped down while he was walking. He stomped the other one to make it fall so that, now, both were equal.

                “I wasn’t expecting to bump into anybody.”

                “Then where were you all week?” Sungyeol whined, though it wasn’t a Daeyeol-kind of whine, it was I’m-going-to-cry whine.

                “I was…busy,” Myungsoo shrugged.

                “No you weren’t, you were at home, I know it. Your windows were closed, and you always close your windows when you’re at home!”

                “…You actually remember that?”

                What hurt Sungyeol more than the fact that Myungsoo was lying to him was that his boyfriend had the nerve to think he wouldn’t remember. “Yes, you told me years ago! You keep you windows open when you’re at home and closed when you go out, so that if there were any robbers out there they’d think you were home when you weren’t and weren’t home when you were.”

                Myungsoo blinked a bit, wringing his wrists in hope that Sungyeol would let them go.

                He didn’t.

                “Wow…you know, this might make me think twice.”

                “Think twice about what?!”

                “About breaking up with you.”

 

Sungyeol told himself to breathe, to not do anything irrational and stupid, and just breathe. He kept his eyes straight ahead at the river, then at the grandma walking the dog, then at the grass. Anywhere but at Myungsoo.

                “Start,” he hissed. “And don’t you dare leave a detail out.”

                Myungsoo, seated next to him, breathed out a bit and said, “My parents are finalizing their divorce. I’m staying with my mom…we – no, she, found an apartment next to the school so I wouldn’t have to walk as far.”

                Sungyeol bit his tongue from saying anything. If anything, he knew that Myungsoo was very touchy on the subject of his parent’s divorce. But that didn’t explain anything.

                “They figured it was better for me to stay with her than with my workaholic dad, which is the reason why Mom’s divorcing him in the first place.” Myungsoo breathed in a little, trying to imagine a day later in the future of his life when he’d have no Sungyeol to talk to – which was probably somewhere near.

                “And?” The older boy raised an eyebrow when Myungsoo stopped talking.

                “And that got me thinking. Why…why the would anybody get married just to get divorced?! They get together for, what, twenty years? Promise each other that they’re going to work through their hard times, yet my mom can’t even work through my dad’s working times!”

                Sungyeol flinched a bit at the harshness of Myungsoo’s voice, but he knew that it was still very true.

                “So I figured,” Myungsoo breathed out, turning to face Sungyeol, “why would anybody even start going out with somebody if they’re just going to break up anyways?”

                Forcing his fidgeting feet to stop, Sungyeol met Myungsoo’s eyes. “That’s why? Because you think that we’re going to break up anyway?”

                “No, I know we are.” Myungsoo let a weird sound escape his mouth before he began speaking again. “You don’t think we’re actually going to last forever, do you? Either we go off to some college far away from each other, or we get married and in some stupid fight, so we end up divorcing anyway.”

                “Why – what – what’s wrong with you, Myungsoo? When on earth did you get so negative about everything? Your parents just got divorced, you’re going through hard times, at least talk to me about it!”

                “That’s funny, my parents are destroying their relationship with each other, and you want me to talk to the person I’m in a relationship with?”

                Sungyeol just sat there blankly, not understanding the irony of it. “So…you’re telling me you want to break up…to save us from breaking up later on?”

                “When you put it that way, it just sounds stupid, but c’mon. Think about it. What’s the point of relationships if they’re just going to fall apart?”

                “We’re not going to fall apart, that’s why!” Sungyeol cried, kicking the grass underneath him. “We’re going to stay together forever, you get that?”

                “Yeah, you’re funny. Nothing lasts forever.”

                Running his tongue over his teeth, Sungyeol knew that Myungsoo was correct. Nothing did last forever, it never did, it never would.

                “Fine then, not forever,” he said, his voice a bit strained. “We’ll take it when it comes. Like your parents. We’ll know when to let go.”

                “Yeah…now.”

                “No, not now. We can take the heartbreak later, and lasts this as long as it will last. Okay?”

                “No, Sungyeol –“

                “Okay?”

                Myungsoo shook his head, still facing the ground. “You should see my mom. She’s horrible right now, and she was the one that asked for the divorce. She’s horrible without my father. But she’s still divorcing him because she knows that it’s right.”

                “Well then we’ll break up when it’s right!”

                Moving around in his sweats, Myungsoo clicked his tongue. “Why are you so persistent on this? You don’t even like me that much to begin with.”

                “Oh, really now? If I didn’t like you, I wouldn’t stand up to your fights every other day, you get that? There’s a reason for everything, and I’m not letting our relationship go kaboom! just because you can’t get over petty feelings of whatever it is you’re feeling, and I don’t even know what it is because you sound completely crazy right now!”

                “I sound crazy? You should hear yourself now –“

                “That’s not the point,” Sungyeol stressed. “What I’m trying to tell you is that it’s utterly crazy for you to destroy your relationship because your parents destroyed theirs. It’s like killing yourself because your parents committed suicide. Okay, no, that just sounds stupid. Forget it. I mean, it’s like quitting your job because your parents quit theirs.”

                “Exactly what I mean, it’s such a job being in a relationship, so why should anybody bother being in one –“

                “You’re terrible!” The older boy scowled. “Fine, let’s put it this way. What if we do break up, like you want us to for the stupidest reason in the world, and I somehow pick up another guy. What would you do?”

                “…Uh, well, I wouldn’t really do anything because that’s your life –“

                “Well fine, let’s go with me, if you got a new boyfriend –“

                “Which I wouldn’t, because I’m stopping after this –“

                “If you did get a new boyfriend, then I’d probably find a way to kill both him and you mercilessly,” Sungyeol finished. “That’s how much I still care about you, okay, and not like your parents and half of the Western population that get married and divorced right away.”

                Myungsoo kept silent, so the older boy took in another breath and asked, “How long has your father been like this?”

                “Um…since I was in middle school. Probably four years ago.”

                “How long have we been going out?”

                “…Since middle school.”

                “And how on earth am I not sick of you not giving a about what I’m allergic to, yet your mother’s sick of your dad’s workaholic-ness?”

                “That’s not a word –“

                “Answer the question.”

                Myungsoo rolled his eyes, moving his knees up and down. “Because she won’t accept it.”

                “And why is that?”

                Another Sungyeol interrogation, Myungsoo knew how this would go. “Because she doesn’t love him anymore.”

                “And why is that?”

                “Because they’re tired of each other.”

                “And why is that?”

                “How am I supposed to know?” Myungsoo retorted, frustrated. “Why don’t you ask her, why are you even asking me for?”

                “Then answer my questions. How old is my little brother?”

                “Three, isn’t it?”

                “What’s my favorite color?”

                “…Pink, I think everybody knows that –“

                “Where’s my favorite place?”

                “Either my house or your house.”

                “What am I allergic to?”

                “Violets, duh.”

                Oh, so now he knew, a year after Sungyeol had to stay in bed with rashes for a week and a half. “If you asked your mom all those questions about your dad, would she be able to answer it?”

                “Are you kidding me?” Myungsoo snorted. “She doesn’t even remember what he looks like.”

                “So that’s a no?”

                Knowing exactly where this conversation was headed, Myungsoo twisted his back around and looked at his watch. “It’s 11:03, you’re really late for school. You should go –“

                “I’m not going anywhere if you’re not,” Sungyeol interrupted.

                “You need an education.”

                “And why is that?”

                Myungsoo took another shot at rolling his eyes, looking the other way as he glared down at the bracelet Sungyeol had given him a few months back. It consisted of small and large black spheres, and it was more than obvious that it was too tight for him; if you lifted it, you could see the imprints the balls made. It hurt, but he still wore if for a reason – because Sungyeol had given it to him.

                “So you can support our family when we have one.”

 

DON'T SAY I DIDN'T WARN YOU.

I haven't written for days okay and now I know why I have to write everyday, if I don't, my mind starts overfilling with crap that I just jot down randomly.

Basically long story short L knew exactly where the conversation was headed and of course you know how fanfics work he understands Sungyeol's feelings and bam they live happily ever after.

I don't even know LOL I was all fcked up from life but you know what after white night and sunggyu&woohyun at is2 I was like FCK THE ES AND THE C I GOT ON MY ENGLISH FINAL, LIFE'S A ANYWAYS GOTTA LIVE WITH IT.

/cryingbecauseIfailedmyenglishfinal ASDFGHJKL well okay then long a/r's will always be long.

byebye I'll return with mroe crap something better.

[[c:8]]

I was wondering, are any of you guys able to decipher morse code? just curious for my next oneshot.