Smell The Roses, Blow Out The Candles [Woogyu special]

MyungYeol One-Shot Collection

 

WOOGYU for my awesome bb~♥ kpopwriterss

so this is probably the shortest oneshot I've written (it's only 3 pages) and I have a good reason for it. I'm so PISSED OFFFFF...this is also super late, if y'all didn't notice. I just spent about four hours at the dermatologist getting my face poked at with something freaking even sharper than a needle, and it fcking hurt like crap, and basically, my face is redder than a facking lobster, kay? And I feel like killing somebody right now.

LOL SO BASICALLY have you guys heard of "smell the roses, blow out the candles"? :) I hope you have. If you haven't...do it right  now. Smell the roses....and blow out the candles :)

I remember meeting Sunggyu for the first time in high school. He told me that this school was like any other school, and that I should be careful around the people there.

               That didn’t matter to me, because after a while, I was the person that “everybody should be careful around”. Somehow, enough of my grease reached the school and I was overfilled with lovenotes. Hey, that’s the consequence of being amazing, right?

               Then, I also remembered last year, on Sunggyu’s birthday. His friend had told me that he was stressing out over homework, over something stupid and unnecessary.

               I gave him a vase of roses, tried telling him that they were special.

               He told me that they were really nice, and hugged me. Then he said he wanted to put it in a nice place, so he laid them in the highest shelf of bookshelf in the student conference room.

               Four months later, I came back and grabbed a stool. I took the withered flowers and tossed them in the trash, telling myself they at least served the purpose to brightening up the room.

               Sunggyu never noticed.

 

“Hey Woohyun!”

               I groaned, not wanting to turn around. It was probably one of my thousands of fangirls. Or fanboys. I don’t know, the voice was too high to differentiate. “Yes?”

               “You remember me, right?” The cheery boy asked. I’d figured he was a boy, since he was wearing pants and not a skirt. Though he’d probably look good in one anyways.

               “…Not…really,” I replied, wincing a bit. “I’m so sorry, I’m just –“

               “Lee Sungjong!” He chirped. “From last year? Don’t you remember? I reminded you of Gyu’s birthday.”

               Holding my breath for a second, I threw my head back. “Right. How could I forget you? Why, what’s up?”

               The boy blinked for a second, shaking his head. “Never mind.”

               “What? Never mind? You can’t just –“

               “I thought hyung told you not to tell him!” A voice from behind me screeched.

               Before I could turn around and see who it was, a tall boy knocked my shoulder and grabbed Sungjong’s arm…ah, Lee Sungyeol. He famous for his…humor as I was for my, ahem, looks.

               Following close behind him was Kim Myungsoo, Mr. I Don’t Like Talking himself. Rumor has it that he’d be as popular as I was (yeah freaking right) if he’d opened up more, but he was at a good-paced spot as Lee Sungyeol’s boyfriend.

               “Tell me what?” I asked, blinking back to the trio before me. “What happened? Is there something –“

               “NEVERMIND!” Sungyeol shouted, grabbing Sungjong’s arm and running away.

               Before Myungsoo could walk off, too (but seriously, who let their boyfriend just skip off with some other dude?), I grabbed onto his elbow and pulled him back.

               “What’s going on?”

               He looked at me for a second, his usually neutral poker face turning into a “are you freaking kidding me” one.

               “Did you even bother to check your planner this morning?”

               Looking to see if any of my fangirls could save me, I shook my head. “No…why?”

               “Did you even think about why Sungjong came up to talk to you today?”

               “…No…”

               “Does he ever talk to you?”

               “Well, yeah, last year –“

               “Why?”

               “Because it was Sunggyu’s birthday,” I flatly answered. “Oh – God dammit!”

               “Don’t bother him, though,” Myungsoo swallowed. “He’s busy. Like he always is…he didn’t want Sungjong telling you about it again this year.”         

               I bit my lip, thinking about Sunggyu. “I should know this, shouldn’t I?”

               Eyes a bit wider than usually, Myungsoo nodded.

 

“I can’t go to the movies,” I said, lying through my teeth. One girl in the corner pouted, sighing.

               “Why not?”

               “I have…something to do.”

               I have them a sincere apology smile, taking out my phone from my pocket.  I had gotten two texts, enough to make me smile and say “I think I have to go now.”

 

When I’d collected the mini cake from the bakery, I looked back at my phone. Dongwoo, my best friend/probably the best stalker on the planet of stalkers, had managed to get a hold of where Sunggyu was at.

               Classroom 432. Wherever the freak that was at. Was there even a classroom with that number? I seriously doubted it…our school only went to room 350.

               “Are you sure you got the right classroom?” I asked over the phone, looking around at the empty campus. I had to drive all the way across town to pick up the cake, and let me tell you, it was pretty far.

               “I’m sure,” Dongwoo said, munching on some chips. “I even asked Hoya to go and check for me.”

               “Then where the freak is it?”

               “It’s the applied mandatory classroom,” he answered after a bit of chewing.

               “…You mean the lab?”

               “Or that.”

               Rolling my eyes, I hung up on Dongwoo before he could say anything else. I balanced the cake box in my hands, then started walking again.

 

“Where’s Sunggyu…” Woohyun muttered, looking around the dark classroom. The stools were all pushed in, and the falling sun was lightly shooting red rays through the windows.

               He carefully laid the cake box on the table nearest to the door with a box of candles on top of it. Walking over to the table across the room, he came upon Sunggyu’s bag. If this was here…where was Sunggyu?

               Without thinking, Woohyun started fishing through it. There was the usual, books, pencils, papers, receipts, pills, notebooks, pens…wait, what? Pills?!

               He pulled them out, gulping at the sight. And this wasn’t the only bottle.

               “Multivitamins…Vitamin D…Fish oil…Collagen…what the freak…” He kept looking, digging. Vitamins. Those were all he took, but there were a lot of it!

               Then the Salon Pads. Half of the package was used up, evidence clearly stating that someone had been hurting a ton.

               “Woohyun? What the freak are you doing here?”

               “First of all, what the freak is this?!” Woohyun said, the words strangling from his mouth. He stepped back a pit, shoving his hands towards the direction of Sunggyu’s bag.

               “It’s my stuff!” The older boy huffed, walking over to place his things back. “Just go!”

               Woohyun watched as his ‘friend’ shuffled the things back together, about to go and walk out the door.

               The door. And the desk next to it.

               “WAIT!” Woohyun shouted, running past Sunggyu. He slammed the door shut, throwing his body in front of it. “STOP! Seriously, Sunggyu, tell me –“

               “Look, I have four brothers and two sisters at home literally starving waiting for me to get home,” Sunggyu hissed in a low tone, his eyes narrowed down. “I would seriously move if I were you.”

               Dumbfounded for a second, Woohyun shook his head. “No! Sunggyu – I know…I know you’re stressed, but –“

               “I have a family to raise, alright? So just please get out of my way.”

               “Just stop and smell the roses, once in a while!” Woohyun hollered, a bit scared. His energy level was high up, powered by the sight of the vitamins that had been drugging Sunggyu’s system.

               “What?” Sunggyu’s eyebrows scrunched up, until he realized what Woohyun was referring to. The flowers from last year. “Look, I get it, but I really need to go –“

               “If you won’t do that, then just blow out the candles,” Woohyun said quietly. He locked eyes with Sunggyu, carefully trailing to the cake. Fingers fumbling, Woohyun opened the package to only slightly stand in awe of how beautiful it was.

               When he’d asked for this, he didn’t imagine it’d come out this amazing (side note, always buy cakes at this place). It was a pure, white pearl color and in a perfect cube. There were slight chocolate dots on each corner of the rectangular prism, the simple words “Kim Sunggyu” spelled out with a red cream atop. Beside it, there was a single red rose.

               Slowly, Woohyun reached for the candles. He stabbed on in the rose, and lifted it up to Sunggyu. “Happy…happy birthday, Sunggyu.”

               Sunggyu blinked at it, not sure of what to do. A birthday cake.

               Huh. How long had it been since he’d gotten one? Sungjong, Sungyeol, and Myungsoo had always pressured to buy him one. But he’d told them not to, said it would be better to spend their money on something important. They knew never to do something Kim Sunggyu told them not to.

               But Woohyun…he actually went out and bought Sunggyu a cake.

               “Please, Sunggyu…I know you think I don’t notice you, but I do. A lot. You’re always sitting in the corner, trying to stay awake and do your work at the same time. But you’re just so overloaded, you can’t do anything…just once, or sometime, Sunggyu. Stop to smell the flowers. And maybe, once in a while, blow out the candles.”

               Sunggyu’s hard features somehow softened as he realized what Woohyun was telling him to do.

               He bent forward a bit, and smelled the unscented rose. Then, he blew out the unlit candle.

               He kept doing so until he felt his heart stop pumping so hard, his blood pressure lowering by the slightest bit.

               But he kept doing it, just for measures. He kept smelling the roses, and blowing out the candles.

               Stopping for the slightest second, Sunggyu looked up at Woohyun. The younger boy almost dropped the cake in shock that Sunggyu was actually smiling. At him.

               “You know…my brothers and sisters love cake. And besides, sweets aren’t really good for me. Why don’t you come swing by my house and give them some?”

               Woohyun felt the grin force itself onto his face. “Sure, I’d love to.” 

 

I DIDN'T KNOW HOW TO END IT ALRIGHT.

but like, yeah. basically, it's breathing in and out :) I don't know, got the idea with Sunggyu's overload of vitamins on him lol.♥

Just so y'all are prepared, the next two chapters are going to be requests too ^^ woohoo~♥ lololol it's so much easier than trying to think of my own things to write, i dunno why.

next one's gonna be a Elvin♥ (I'M SOO EFFING EXCITED TO WRITE THIS.) for elisoniackibumster and the one after that is a fluffy Myungyeol mpreg (omfg this is so my thing right here. [youknowwhoyouare. we got down how you, woogyu's love child, dongho, and hannah were born. IZ MAH TURN.]) for ForeverChoding

well. hope y'all stop to smell the roses and blow out the candles once in a while :) ♥ BUHBYE~ ^^