Sungyeol Lee

MyungYeol One-Shot Collection

 

ughhhh I don't know what this issssss. I wrote this as a quickkie after getting the idea with musichun9, and like four pages of this happened on microsoft word when I was at this lame party so uh yes. 

This entire oneshot is inspired by Edgar Allan Poe's Annabel Lee so uh if you want to go and read that you can. the edited version's at the end of the oneshot though ^^ I tried guys, so don't kill me. I really did try. it just didn't turn out that good ;____; it never does does it huhuhuhu

and hwajong because they're fah-bu-lush.

“Whoa!” Sungjong cooed, feeling the palm of his hand touch at something rough, yet smooth, at the same time.

                Hwayoung came rushing over to his side, bending down and squatting to analyze what he had found – which was actually nothing yet, so she continued on to help him brush away every speck of sand that was covering the treasure beneath.

                “Why…why is it so big?” The seven-year old girl whimpered, allowing her ankles to fall underneath her thighs. “It’s bigger than I am, I bet!”

                “Are you sure?” Sungjong asked with eyes wide. He stood up, widening his legs to walk over it, and laid down parallel to the big box. “You’re right, Youngie! It’s bigger than me, too!”

‘               “But it’s…it’s so pretty,” she smiled. Her hands hovered over it, not knowing clearly of what it was.

                “Wait!” her best friend hollered, shoving her hands off the box. “I – I think I know what this is!” He bent down a bit, reading the side of the box where wordings were engraved.

                “It’s messy,” a voice appeared from his side, scaring the wits out of Sungjong.

                “Sorry,” Hwayoung apologized sheepishly. “But look. It looks like somebody just took a knife and went…and went woosh-woosh, then made it.”

                Sungjong peered closer at the writing, nodding in agreement although he couldn’t even recognize characters yet. “Can you…can you read what it says?”

                “Mhm,” Hwayoung nodded. “Here, uh, it’s starts out with ‘I, Kim Myungsoo…’” She trailed off, tilting her head a bit to read the rest of the characters. “‘Will…um…will wait forever for Lee Sungyeol’.”

 

“Wait, wait, where are you going?” Myungsoo laughed, getting out of his chair and run over to his boyfriend.

                “I’m just going to the beach for a while,” Sungyeol replied, giggling when Myungsoo tackled him from behind and kicked the door shut. “The air’s nice!”

                “Nuh-uh, don’t forget what I told you yesterday,” the younger boy cocked his head. “We have to go into town and buy more food.”

                Sungyeol felt his bottom lip quiver a little, shaking his head in disagreement. “I don’t wanna go. I don’t like people.”

                “…You don’t like people?”

                “I love my Myungie, that’s it!” Sungyeol smiled, wrapping his arms around Myungsoo’s neck. “That’s all! I love you. Other than that…I don’t like people.”

                “And why not exactly?” Myungsoo asked, laying his chin on the taller boy’s shoulder as he stared at the wooden door.

                “They all look at me funny,” Sungyeol replied, and his lover could sense that the boy was holding a frown. “They all look at us funny. Like they haven’t seen love before.”

                “They haven’t,” Myungsoo said softly, his voice growing gradually gentler by the second. “They haven’t witnessed our love, yet, it’s too strong for them.”

                “…Too strong?” Because no matter what, it still confused Sungyeol to no end as to how their conversations started from being socially suicidal to love like theirs.

                “I’ve told you the story about the angels, right?”

                Although Myungsoo had, thousands and millions of times before, Sungyeol still shook his head defiantly and mentally begged for his boyfriend to tell it to him again.

                Walking out of Sungyeol’s grasp, Myungsoo led the boy back to the living room, the one with the window right next to the beach, and the blue couch. “You know that angels live in heaven, right?”

                “Uh-huh.”

                “Well, it’s boring in heaven sometimes. They don’t know what to do, because they’re all perfect, and perfection is boring. But because they’re angels, they have more restrictions than any other being in the whole universe.”

                “They do?” Sungyeol asked, the same two words he always did when Myungsoo paused here.

                “Yep,” the younger boy nodded, moistening his lips a bit to continue on. “Angels see the cruelest things, yet the greatest, happen right before their eyes. And because of this, they aren’t allowed to have feelings.”

                “Why not?”

                Myungsoo was ready to answer because, like all the other times, he knew Sungyeol would ask that. “When the see the worst of the worst happen, they aren’t allowed to break down in tears and cry. The things that make them break down and cry are feelings, and since they’re not allowed to crash, it’s logical to take away their feelings. And when the see happy things, they want. They want that happiness, and that want is also feelings. So altogether, feelings must be taken away for them.”

                “That’s sad,” came the same monotone comment from Sungyeol, and Myungsoo nodded.

                “What they do have, though, is brains. Reason. Common sense. Judgment. Since they have feelings taken away from them, they have more of brains than any other being. But, everything is flawed.”

                “Even in angels? But I thought you said they were perfect.”

                “They are perfect – perfect to the point where it’s flawed. Their perfection is too overbearing for them to be sane, and their perfect little minds can’t hold all that.” As he said it, he held up Sungyeol’s index finger and tapped the side of his head with it.

                “So what happens?”

                “They judge upon what they see, sometimes they judge too quickly because they reason something and it’s too late to check it.”

                “What do they reason about?”

                “Love,” came Myungsoo’s automatic reply. “Love. It’s a necessity for all living beings, but it’s also only a feeling. Only a feeling that an angel can’t have. But they’re smart enough to recognize what it is, and even worse, to judge it.

                “So what happens?”

                “They get jealous. But remember – they can’t feel, so it’s not even jealousy, it’s much, much worse than that. They want, but they can’t want, because want is a feeling also. So everything just doubles up in his level of wretchedness.”

                “How?”

                “Nobody knows,” Myungsoo shrugs, holding onto the palms of Sungyeol’s hands with his fingers. “But they’re completely terrible. They like having fun, messing around with no consequences. So if they’re like that, they like messing with the purest of loves, the best of loves, the ones that only come once in a lifetime. A love that won’t come everyday. The loves that used to come every minute but got destroyed until only some of the ruined can stand back up and love.”

                “So we’re strong?”

                “Very,” the younger boy grinned, letting go of Sungyeol’s right hand to wave over his hyung’s right cheek.

                “But then…” Sungyeol breathed in, because he didn’t know what he was saying. “But what happens to us? If we’re strong. Then they’ll want to destroy us, right? What happens then?”

                Myungsoo felt a shiver overcome his entire body, and the knife sliced through his heart and right through both lungs. “We’ll have to wait for that, don’t we?”

                The hallow look in his lover’s eyes frightened Sungyeol, who just nodded even though he knew Myungsoo was  scared.

 

“Hwayoung!” Sungjong shrieked, pulling his best friend up. “You’re getting your clothes dirty!”

                “Oh!” Hwayoung looked down at her white jeans, then up towards the rest of her pure, colorless white clothing. “I didn’t realize; I shouldn’t have laid down. But you, Sungjong! Your , it’s going to get dirty too –“

                “Don’t worry, I’m fine.” Either way, though, Sungjong stood up to examine the back of his, coincidentally, white jeans. He fluffed the sleeves of his untainted white button-up shirt, turning back to the big box.

                “Do you think that was dirty?” He asked, because even though he kept touching it and digging in the sand, his hands were completely clean.

                “It looked so, but I’m not dirty at all – at least not where I touched it,” Hwayoung shrugged. “Do you think we should open it?”

                “Right!” Sungjong shouted, as if an epiphany hit him. “The note right there, the one you just read!”

                “You mean the one with…Lee Sungyeol?”

                “Yeah, that one! Who do you think that is?”

                Hwayoung bit her lip for a second, then said, “It’s a person, right? A person that Myungsoo would wait for forever?”

                Blinking over and over again, Sungjong shook his head. “Do you think that this is a coffin? Like, those things Appa told us about. Where they put dead people in.”

                “You think there’s a dead person in here?” Hwayoung asked, not bothering to hide the little quiver at the end of her sentence.

                Sungjong only nodded.

                Something seemed to click in Hwayoung’s head, and she grabbed onto Sungjong’s hand and ran up to the side of the beach where the sand met the water.

                “I knew it,” she said, her voice a hushed whisper.

                “Knew what?” Sungjong questioned, for all he could see was the sun setting before him. Which, in turn, meant that he’d have to go home before his parents got mad.

                “Right there,” Hwayoung said, standing on her tippy toes and using her free hand to point out in the vast ocean. “Do you see it?”

                “Do I see what?”

                Dropping Sungjong’s hand, Hwayoung walked behind him and held the side of his head in her hands. “Out there. Do you see it? White.”

                As if his best friend’s hands were doing wonders on him, Sungjong nodded. Right there, exactly at the horizon line, was a thin piece of white granite that was slowly growing larger as it went down until it sunk into the ocean.

                “What is it?” He breathed out.

                Hwayoung’s head whipped behind her to see the wooden box. Without thinking too much of it, she walked over and shoved it to where Sungjong was standing.

                And for some reason, it wasn’t heavy at all.

                “What are you doing?” Sungjong asked, not sure if he should help her or not.

                “It’s on the other side of the world,” Hwayoung said, ignoring Sungjong’s question. “You see the white? It’s not in the ocean at all. It’s next to it. Next to the ocean, on the other side of the world.”

                “…What? But how do we see it then?!”

                Hwayoung let go of the wooden box, standing up to stare into the eyes of her best friend. “Appa told us we were special, didn’t he?”

                “Like reborn angels,” he smiled, remembering the name that he was continuously called.

                “Right,” Hwayoung nodded, though she felt that maybe it had nothing to do with what she was about to do.

                “Then…?” Sungjong questioned, motioning to the coffin.

                “Watch.”

 

“Ngh…” Sungyeol sat up in the bed, yawning. He could hear the waves crashing outside his bedroom window and smiled, knowing that it was still dark and that he could still sleep.

                “Yeollie?” Myungsoo’s sleepy voice asked, and a hand appeared from under the covers to latch itself onto Sungyeol’s wrist. “Where are you going?”

                “I’m not going anywhere,” the older boy smiled, sitting on his knees and bending down to peck the top of Myungsoo’s lips. “I’m just thirsty. I’ll get some water, bring some back for you, too, and then we can sleep some more.”

                Myungsoo felt the corner of his lips perk up because, no matter what, Sungyeol always seemed to think about him. “Okay. Be quick, the bed’s already getting colder without you.”

                “Don’t talk,” Sungyeol laughed, patting his lover’s head. “You’ll just wake yourself up more.”

                And with that, he slowly unraveled Myungsoo’s hand from his body, and swiftly went out the bedroom into the kitchen.

                The tides outside were loud, louder than ever, and Sungyeol knew why nobody else wanted to live on this side of the beach. For one, the nearest human being was at least 40 miles away, and the sounds the sea made at night were horrendous.

                But Sungyeol managed to go through it, because he couldn’t live anywhere else, because his love with Myungsoo was too special and strong for them to live somewhere else.

                They were both only 17, after all, so that meant Sungyeol had a lot more time left to live on this beach with the one man he loved and would always love.

                Just as Sungyeol was about to reach for the water pitcher, a sound tapping outside caught his attention. He turned to the window and saw a bird, a white one, hitting its beak constantly at the glass.

                “Are you a dove?” Sungyeol asked, widening his eyes and walking over to the window above the sink. “Myungsoo’s told me about you guys. You’re really, really white and really, really pretty.”

                The bird just kept pecking a few more times until it turned its head behind it, and back at the window. It kept doing this motion, confusing Sungyeol more than ever.

                “What? Do you…do you want me to go outside?”

                And when those words were said, the bird stopped twisting and started pecking at the window again, the sounds growing softer and softer each time.

                “But I can’t go outside,” Sungyeol protested, leaning on the sink to look at the bird more carefully. “It’s cold, and Myungsoo wouldn’t like it if I left.”

                The bird stopped pecking for a second, then turned its head towards the sea and back at the window. The same motion as before, over and over and over and over and over again.

                “Okay, okay,” Sungyeol laughed. “I get it, I’ll go outside. But only for a minute. Let me get my jacket –“

                Instantly, the bird resumed to pecking at the window, tapping it, except this time it got louder and louder and loud and louder –

                “Okay, I won’t! Be quiet, I don’t want to wake Myungie up. He’ll get worried.” Sungyeol then giggled to himself, thinking of Myungsoo. “He loves me a lot.”

                The bird stopped for a second, then started again.

                “I got it, I’ll go.”

                When he walked over to the door, he quietly turned the doorknob as to not wake his lover up, then walk outside, leaving the door ajar.

                “It’s cold,” he shivered, not knowing who he was talking to. The waves were louder outside, crashing one upon the other, and Sungyeol didn’t know what he liked better – being outside like this and being able to listen to it up close, or being tucked in bed, in Myungsoo’s arms, listening to the muffled noises of waves.

                The bird somehow appeared before him, staring at him intently before waddling off to the distance.

                “Hey – wait, where are you going – agh, what am I doing, asking a bird for directions. Ugh. I’m going back inside –“

                And just as he turned around to open the door, the white bird flapped its wings and came flying before him, swatting him away from the door.

                “Okay,” Sungyeol let out an exasperated sigh. “I’ll follow you, I guess. You can’t go too far in this place anyways.”

                The bird then resumed to going on the ground and walking, walking, walking, until it came upon the spot where the sand and the water met.

                “The ocean? Uh, okay, I guess. Sorry, but this is my stop –“

                Sungyeol was interrupted when the bird pecked at his bare foot and turned towards his left. His eyes fell open as he saw what was standing before him.

                A massive, great big sepulcher was just sitting there. It was white, pure white, like the bird, and Sungyeol didn’t know what he was supposed to do with it.

                The bird pecked at his foot again, then at the sepulcher. The middle of it.

                Sungyeol Lee

                And for some reason, underneath the Sungyeol’s name, was a slightly faded away “Annabel’.

                “What? You can’t be saying this is for me, right?” Sungyeol asked, having a hard time believing that this was even real. “Honestly, I must be crazy right now –“

                And maybe that’s when he finally decided to remember why Myungsoo warned him not to go anywhere, because the tides would be bigger, and there was another reason why nobody lived here, because standing six feet away from the ocean you’d still get penetrated, and the fact that Sungyeol was standing at the line, exactly where the ocean started, with the other fact that he just remembered this all, the lone boy couldn’t even shed a single tear before the thought of Myungsoo, the thought of the one person he loved, overwhelmed his head.

                The last wave of the night came and the first person of the night died.

 

“We’re letting him finally lay by the side of his Sungyeol Lee,” Hwayoung said slowly as she watched the wooden coffin stay afloat the ocean. It began to drift away slowly, and she felt Sungjong’s presence come closer to her.

                “Something to redeem ourselves,” Sungjong added on, though he had no clue why he said that. Possibly a guilty feeling for digging up the poor guy’s grave. “It’s almost completely dark…should we home now?”

                Hwayoung nodded in agreement, grabbing onto Sungjong’s hand before the two of them skipped off the beach, as if nothing had happened at all.

 

It was many and many a year ago,

In a kingdom  by the sea,

That a [boy] there lived whom you may know

By the name of [Sungyeol] Lee;

And this [man he] lived with no other thought

Than to love and be loved by me.

 

I was a child and [he] was a child,

In this kingdom by the sea;

But we loved with a love that was more than love –

I and my [Sungyeol] Lee;

With a love that the winged seraphs of heaven

Coveted [him] and me

 

And this was the reason that, long ago,

In this kingdom by the sea.

A wind blew out of a cloud, chilling

My beautiful [Sungyeol] Lee;

So that [his] highborn kinsman came

And bore [him] away from me.

To shut [him] up in a sepulcher

In this kingdom by the sea.

 

The angles, not half so happy in heaven,

Went envying [him] and me –

Yes! – that was the reason (as all men know,

In this kingdom by the sea)

That the wind came out of the cloud by night,

Chilling and killing my [Sungyeol] Lee.

 

But our love it was stronger than love

Of those who were older than we –

Of those far wiser than we –

And neither the angles in heaven above,

Nor the demons down under the sea,

Can ever dissever my soul from the soul

Of the beautiful [Sungyeol] Lee.

 

For the moon never beams without bringing me dreams

Of the beautiful [Sungyeol] Lee;

And the stars never rise but I feel the bright eyes

Of the beautiful [Sungyeol] Lee;

And so, all the night-tide, I lie down by the side

Of my darling – my darling – my life and my bride,

In the sepulcher there by the sea,

In [his] tomb by the sounding sea

~Edgar Allan Poe, Annabel Lee obviously edited by Evie N. because Poe didn't know that in the future a beautiful human being named Sungyeol Lee was going to grace the earth with his birth (HEY GUISE THAT RHYMED MAYBE I CAN BE A POET /shot)

 

hwajong were the angels if you never got that. probably didn't. /cries I DON'T KNOW WHAT THIS IS EITHER I JUST DON'T KNOW.

and random fun fact, I got around to reading Anterograde Tomorrow, which all of you should know of (and if you don't ing mother of God go and read it). well no, my sister pulled it up and we read it together. I AM PROUD TO SAY THAT SHE CRIED BEFORE ME. like legit tears guise with sobbing and everything. 

I was thinking of starting another fanfic after I finish hms (then ending's actually halfway done, if any of you guys are actually reading it) and I was thinking of two plotlines: one with infinite+hwayoung (as their cheerleader because she's too girly to be on a manly science team) as complete nerds (because nerdxnerd is the absolute cutest coupling ever) and they're on the mathlete/all around school competition team because they're smart okay. and instead of getting into gang fights THEY GET INTO MATH FIGHTS. HOW INTENSE IS THAT. and second is hwayoung getting frustrated because all cute guys are gay so she goes undercover as a guy to an all-guy's school (this is so sounding like hana kimi guise LOL) to figure out why all the hot guys are gay. (but plot twist, hwayoung isn't going to be the main character WA BAM) what is wrong with me today ._____. i've been trying to think of plotlines that don't have anything to do with a person possibly dying and/or getting badly injured.

I'm going crazy guise actually lol I think it's possible somebody might've slipped me alcohol URGHHHH well off to eat pho for dinner *cries happy tears* wait no LOL my mom just brought it up for me oh okay then well off to eat and surf the internet at the same time. why is my a/n so long help me i feel like i just fell off a cliff oh okay lol

[[c:9]]