His Eyes, And That Stare

MyungYeol One-Shot Collection

 

Y'all are familiar with Kim Myungsoo's fcking y stare, right? c;

 

this y stuff. 

then the way he looks at Yeollie c: (AKA THE SHE'S BACK STARE.)

 

yes. basically he looks like he wants to eat Sungyeol♥ well basically this oneshot is based on that LOL. ;DD

 

The thing Sungyeol hated the most about Myungsoo (or loved, it was practically the same) was his eyes. Those piercing, brown eyes that just seemed to claw through your esophagus, strangle its way through your lungs, and latch onto your soul.

               Then the boy’s stare.

               Sometimes it was Heaven, and at others, it was Hell. Whenever Sungyeol accidentally lied to Myungsoo about something stupid, he’d get the look. That look that made him feel as if somebody was walking over his grave and ready to just murder the bejeezus out of him.

               Then there was the other stare that Myungsoo had. It was his I need you, I want you, please? that was about impossible to resist. Some called it a lustful stare, but Sungyeol couldn’t figure it out because Myungsoo never gave anybody else that stare. It was only Sungyeol.

 

“Stop it, Myungsoo…” Sungyeol muttered, trying to scribble something onto his worksheet.

               “Stop what?” The younger boy asked innocently. He leaned over to Sungyeol’s desk, trying to copy off the problems that he hadn’t done.

               “Looking at me like that! Then not doing our work and copying off mines.”

               Myungsoo chuckled, pulling himself back to his desk. Most students, boy or girl, would be ecstatic to have Kim Myungsoo watching their every move. Sungyeol, however, couldn’t really take it anymore.

               “I didn’t sign up to this school to get by your eyes.”

               “Don’t act like you don’t love it,” Myungsoo laughed.

               “I don’t! It creeps me out! Look at some other kid. Just watch, you’re going to end up sending them to a mental hospital or something.”

               Allowing another laugh to escape him, Myungsoo bent over to grab Sungyeol’s now-finished piece of paper. “I’ll give it back to you when I’m done.”

               “MYUNGSOO!” Sungyeol screeched, turning over to snatch his paper back.

               His foot, wrapped his leg around the leg of his chair and attempted to grab the worksheet back when his left hand slipped from the corner of the desk and he…went…tumbling…

               “OMO!” a voice from the corner of the classroom spoke up.

               Sungyeol, face exactly four inches from the ground, let himself breathe. He heard the teacher’s chair squeak as it was pulled out, the teacher saying, “Sungyeol, are you okay?”

               “He’s fine,” an all-too familiar voice answered for Sungyeol.

               The tall choding felt the hand that was tightened on to his arm lift him up, and Sungyeol stared directly into his savior’s eyes.

               “You’re fine, right?” Myungsoo whispered to him, just to make sure.

               Sungyeol didn’t reply, he just looked at directly at the younger boy. His pupils had dilated a bit larger, and the iris around it was a warm, fudge color that reminded Sungyeol of his step mom’s homemade brownies.

               He didn’t know what to do, and all of a sudden, he didn’t know how to talk, either. Myungsoo’s eyes were like a portal for him, jumping from the worst bottomless pit ever to a land that was beyond Paradise.

               “Sungyeol…hyung?”

               Slowly, Sungyeol shook his head. He pulled himself away from Myungsoo and said, “I’m…I’m fine.”

               “Are you sure?” That look again.

               “I’m fine!” Sungyeol insisted. He turned back to face the blackboard, not bothering to get his paper back.

 

“Hyung…”

               Sungyeol looked up as he walked out of the hallway, groaning at the sight of Myungsoo. “What?”

               “Where’re you going?”

               “Um…home?” Honestly, it was only Sungyeol’s third day at this school and he really wanted to kill somebody already. And hey, here Myungsoo was!

               “Can I come with you?”

               Stopping in his tracks, Sungyeol looked back at the oh-so-popular boy. “What? You want to go home with me?”

               A little nervous, Myungsoo nodded. “I…well, I talked to your step mother this morning when she dropped you off from school. She seemed really nice, and I was wondering if I could come visit her. My parents aren’t at home a lot, so…”

               Thinking about it for a second, Sungyeol nodded. “You know my stepmom, so I guess it’s alright.”

 

Then, all of a sudden, that became a routine for them. Sungyeol would always arrive home with Myungsoo, who his stepmother remembered and adored, and the younger boy would stay over for dinner most of the time.

               Sungyeol only went over to Myungsoo’s house about once every other month when they couldn’t go to his house. He wasn’t particularly fond of the four-bedroom apartment that nobody but one lived it, but Myungsoo always kept it entertaining for him.

               “What do your parents even work as?” Sungyeol had asked one day while they were having an early dinner in Myungsoo’s house.

               “Advertisement, something of the sort,” Myungsoo answered as he lit up something on the stove. He turned, giving Sungyeol a ‘hand me the water’ stare.

               Sungyeol had gotten used to Myungsoo’s weird eye gestured – the boy’s eyes practically told him everything he needed to know. Handing him the jar of water, Sungyeol asked, “Do you ever get to see them?”

               “Yeah, but they don’t live in Korea. They live all over the place, to be honest. The only time I ever get to meet them is when they’re switching flights and have to take a break at the airport close by before flying to another place.”

               Nodding understandingly, Sungyeol handed Myungsoo the uncooked spaghetti noodles. “How do you get to the airport?”

               “They always send somebody to drive me.” Myungsoo paused for a second to get the sauce from the refrigerator, then started speaking again. “Whenever they come, though, it’s usually at a random time when they can’t tell me ahead. They just send the driver to come and pick me up –“

               He was interrupted when there was a vivid knocking on the door, to which Sungyeol strangely nudged Myungsoo to open.

               The younger boy, sighing, handed the pair of chopsticks to Sungyeol and directed him to cook the noodles up. He went over to open the door, but then came running back just as fast.

               “What happened?” Sungyeol asked, laying down the chopsticks from the boiling water and currently cooking noodles.

               Myungsoo ran to grab his jacket off of a chair, then over to Sungyeol. “That’s a driver – my parents came! Don’t worry, I’ll be back really quickly, alright. You know how to cook spaghetti, right? Okay, so just finish it. I’ll be back to eat with you later!”

               Before Sungyeol could nod and tell him to go, the driver screamed, “KIM MYUNGSOO! Please hurry up! I have places to be!”

               Sungyeol pushed his friend away and told him to go, and went to cooking the food. As he turned the stove off to get the now cooked noodles out, Sungyeol smiled and wondered when Myungsoo would be home – he’d be so proud that Sungyeol had finally made dinner, and Sungyeol would love to hear about Myungsoo’s meeting with his parents.

               Thing was, Myungsoo never did go back home that day.

 

“My house or yours today?”

               “Can’t do mines, my dad says that he and my stepmom are going to bring her parents home, so I have to steer clear of the house for a while.”

               Myungsoo nodded, generating the information. “Then mines? It’s pretty quiet, keep that in mind.”

               “I know.” Sungyeol sighed, picking at the grass. Myungsoo’s house was always quiet, and if there was a thing that Sungyeol hated, it was silence. And the walls in Myungsoo’s house nearly screamed solitude on its own.

               Despite the fact that most of the time, Sungyeol hated Myungsoo, the younger boy was the closest thing to a friend that Sungyeol had.

               No, wait, Sungyeol didn’t hate Myungsoo altogether – he just hated the stares. Which was the reason as to why the two of them were sitting back to back on the lunch bench, leaning onto each other for support. Sungyeol wanted to see everything but Myungsoo’s eyes.

               The two of them stayed quiet for a while, just letting the wind flow between them. When the bell rang to signal that lunch was now over, Sungyeol stood up, sticking his hand out to Myungsoo.

               “Your forgot it again, didn’t you?”

               Giving him a sheepish smile, Myungsoo nodded and took Sungyeol’s hand. “I was in a rush this morning, and the lady next door had offered to drive me to school. I thought it was viable for me to forget it.”

               “Yeah, just remember to –“

               “Walk behind you, I know,” Myungsoo finished, his voice a little sad. Although Sungyeol could tell, he just swallowed and walked on, leading his best friend through the crowds of students.

 

Myungsoo had once asked Sungyeol why he was so afraid of the younger boy’s eyes. They did, in fact, scare him.

               Sungyeol just shook his head and told him that his eyes were frightening. That it wasn’t possible for Myungsoo’s eyes to hold that much emotion, and to change so much at so many different times.

               When Sungyeol had told him that, Myungsoo wanted to cry. He wanted to cry and say sorry, but he couldn’t.

               Because he remembered that he couldn’t cry, either.

 

“Why are your clothes all black?” Sungyeol groaned, searching through Myungsoo’s closet. “Seriously. Tell your parents to buy you better clothes or something.”

               From his bed, Myungsoo laughed. “Seriously, Sungyeol, I don’t care about what I wear. I can’t even –“

               “Yes, I know, we’ve already talked about this.” Putting back the shirt that Sungyeol had considered ‘cute’ (except it was in black, so he decided not to borrow it), Sungyeol looked strategically around the room and decided to sit on the chair in the corner, furthest away from Myungsoo.

               “Hey hyung, you hungry? There’re some chips in the cupboard if you want it.”

               Smiling, Sungyeol bent over to rummage through the drawers. He pulled out the half-eaten bag of chips and took the rubber band off, sticking his hand into it and taking some out.

               After a good four minutes to pure chewing, Sungyeol looked up to see what Myungsoo was up to. The younger boy had his body turned, facing the wall.

               “Give me some, hyung.”

               “Can’t,” Sungyeol said, putting a chip in his mouth. “No more left.” Pshh, there was a ton left. But it wasn’t like Myungsoo could see him.

               At that, Myungsoo turned his body around and look at Sungyeol, sighing. “Hyung.”

               Sungyeol felt his body go cold – that look. His hand left the bag of chips and he handed it to the boy on the bed, with his eyes locked on the ground.

               “Thank you!”

               Rolling his eyes, Sungyeol leaned back against the chair. He stared out the window and said, “You wanna go take a walk outside? The weather seems nice.”

               Humming in response, Myungsoo nodded and got off the bed, strolling over to his closet to get a sweater.

               Sungyeol stood up to stretch his arms as he looked around the room. He remembered when this place wasn’t just shared between him and Myungsoo, before the three months ago when he moved here. The countless amount of parties that Myungsoo claimed he threw, the friends that he had, the popularity, everything.

               Right now, this very minute, Sungyeol wasn’t sure if he was supposed to be happy he didn’t have to share Myungsoo with anybody, or sad, that there wasn’t anybody to share Myungsoo with.

               He knew that it was partially his fault for chasing away any potential friends (or current friends) Myungsoo had, but then again, it was mostly because the people that once loved Kim Myungsoo were just a bunch of judgmental freaks.

               When the two of them walked out of the room, Sungyeol eyed the kitchen, then the door. All of a sudden, that night seemed to flash to him. Myungsoo, the spaghetti…the driver.

               Sungyeol scowled at the mere thought of the man. Yes, he was in a hurry. But he didn’t have be a stupid idiot and rush like he did.

               “Yeollie hyung,” Myungsoo said from the side. “…Hyung. Let’s go.”

               Nodding, Sungyeol grabbed onto the hand Myungsoo was holding out. “You don’t need to hold my hand, do you?”

               “No, I just want to,” Myungsoo said. He smiled and walked out the open door, Sungyeol on one side, and his walking stick on the other.

              

After walking about forty miles through the neighborhood, Myungsoo and Sungyeol decided to crash underneath a tree, the sky so dark they were nearly blending into it.

               When Myungsoo turned to look at Sungyeol, to carefully examine his precious hyung’s gorgeous smile as he looked up at the sky, Myungsoo decided to pop the half a million dollar question.

               “…Is it because you pity me?”

               Sungyeol’s smile seemed to fade as he blinked, looking down at the ground. He was accustomed to not staring directly at Myungsoo’s face. “What?”

               “That you won’t even spare me a look. I know, you told me that my eyes scare you…but you can’t even look at me without turning away. Am I really that pitiful?”

               When Sungyeol didn’t answer (of course he wouldn’t, what could he actually say that didn’t hurt the latter?), Myungsoo let out a frustrated scream, and beat the grass below him with his walking cane.

               “I am, aren’t I? For Pete’s sake, I can’t even cry! My nerves are just that messed up!” His breathing came out in horrid, un-paced chunks that made it seem as if he’d just ran a marathon, but Sungyeol knew differently – that was Myungsoo’s ‘crying’, because the tears and snot and sobs couldn’t be conjured.

               “No, Myungsoo…Myungsoo…” Sungyeol took a deep breath, scooting closer to the traumatized boy. He grabbed onto Myungsoo’s hand, forcing him to turn around and look at him. “You’re not pitiful, you’re just…different. You’re still the same, beautiful Kim Myungsoo.”

               “Yeah, and messed up a ton!” He hollered before trying to turn the other way, knowing that Sungyeol probably couldn’t stand looking at him for another second.

               “Stop it!” Sungyeol grabbed his friend’s chin, forcing Myungsoo to look at him. He scanned every bit on the latter’s face, from his perfect lips, to his perfect skin, to his perfect nose. Nothing, nothing at all had changed.

               Just the eyes.

               Myungsoo’s pupils never moved anymore, and instead of being the warm color they were when he was happy, they were either a sadistic born color or a depressed brown color. Simply put, they were able to talk, but they weren’t alive anymore.

               “I know you can see me, Myungsoo,” Sungyeol whispered, pulling himself closer to the boy. He didn’t want to cry, because Myungsoo couldn’t cry, but all of a sudden tonight, the tears just forced themselves through. “Your eyes may not be able to see me, but the rest of you does. I just…I can’t stand knowing that the one beautiful boy that used to stare at me with those perfect eyes, no longer has control of them.”

               “But…you said my eyes still…”

               “Your eyes do. They still tell me everything about you, and they still have the emotions they always do.” Sungyeol leaned in closer, his eyes centimeters away from Myungsoo’s, and their lips nearly touching. “It just…isn’t the same.”

               Sensing that the younger boy’s bottom jaw was beginning to quiver, Sungyeol sniffled and took a hold of it. “Just…let me try something.”

               Slowly, with his free right hand, Sungyeol let his thumb touch the top of Myungsoo’s eyelid. He wanted to jerk his finger back because it was so cold, so not alive, but he couldn’t. He let his finger slowly shut the eyelid.

               Moving his hand, he closed the other one. Then, he sat back down and examined his work.

               “You’re still beautiful, Myungsoo,” he said.

               “W – what did you do?”

               Sungyeol sighed, knowing that it was wrong of him to do that. He should’ve been able to cope with it, to be able to love Myungsoo the way his eyes were. But he couldn’t take it any longer.

               “You know what I missed a lot?” Sungyeol whispered, completely ignoring Myungsoo’s previous question. “Do you want to know the real reason why your eyes scared me so much?”

               “…Why?”

               “Because I could no longer have that torturous stare on me again,” Sungyeol said, leaning closer with every word. “But…I think I may have found a substitute.”

               Myungsoo stopped breathing, wondering what Sungyeol would do. He felt his best friend’s breath derive closer, a hand shoving away the cane that was between them, and another hand wrapping around his waist.

               Then he felt it.

               Something on his lips, something warm, something that he hadn’t tasted in a while.

               Sungyeol’s lips. And, as time progressed, Sungyeol’s tongue.

 

whut hey whuttttt.

LOL SORRY IF this is medically incorrect in any way. I know, most blind people wear glasses or whatevs. AND I LOOKED IT UP! some blind people can't cry :3 so if that's wrong...blame the internet lol.

if you didn't realize, there is a kinda sorta timeskip between the Sungyeol-cooking-spaghetti and when the two of them are talking during lunch :)

HEYHEYHEYYYY. I'M AT 53 SUBS. *cries* LOL TELL ME WHAT THE SPECIAL CHAPTER SHOULD BE. ♥

[[c: 8]]