It's Not Like I Hate My Life [WooGyu special]

MyungYeol One-Shot Collection

 

I'M SO SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE T.T sorry to you too, HMS subs :( School's getting to me...

THIS STORY IS FOR MY WONDERFUL UNNIE, inspirit-kay♥~~ she also has AWESHUM INFINITE fanfics, so go check out her stories!!~~ I lub you♥

I should also apologize for the quality of this story T.T you  know, writing and fic and doing science homework at the same time comes out to the result of the fic not being as good as you originally planned for it to be...

It’s not like I hate my life.

            Because I don’t. I like it a lot, actually. It’s just…sometimes, you feel like strangling the person that invented life, you know? Ugh. Yeah. I hate my life.

            Right now, I mean. I guess it’s alright – being the leader of INFINITE, the 99% synchronized boy band and everything. I have the most amazing members that’ll listen to me (…except for Sungyeol when he’s pissed) and a great fanbase.

            It’s just that little thing that totally destroys your life that you can’t stand. It makes you want to take a pillow and just squish the freaking life out of it and then shred it into a bajillion ing pieces. There’s absolutely no way to explain it. You just want to go and kick a drawer until you foot bleeds.

            That’s how I feel right now. Every night. Every single freaking day, standing on the same stage, breathing the same air as that guy. Also known as INFINITE’s main vocal.

            Also known as Nam Woohyun.

 

It’s just SO freaking hard attempting to act normal around your crush, you know that?

            That’s right. I said it. I have a crush on Nam Woohyun. I don’t think I can even call it a crush anymore. It’s like this little naggy thing in my brain that makes me want to toss a desk out of a window. I can’t freaking stand it!

            The way he sings, the way he talks, the way he yawns, EVERY FREAKING DETAIL ABOUT HIM. I’ve trained myself to keep calm and not bring awkward attention to myself, but it’s hard. It’s so, so, so hard.

            “Hyung!” a voice snapped at me. Turning around, I saw Sungyeol standing at the doorway with a water bottle.

            “Yeah, Yeol?” I asked, walking towards him.

He handed me the water bottle and answered, “Woohyun hyung told me to give this to you. Said something about not wanting you to be dehydrated.”

            YOU FREAKING SEE?! DO YOU SEE HOW HARD IT IS ACT NORMAL? Imagine it, guys. How would you feel if your friend walks up to you and says “Hey, here’s some water from that one really hot guy over there. He doesn’t want you to die, so drink it.” WOULD YOU ACT NORMAL IN MY POSITION?!

            “Oh. Thank you, Sungyeol,” I coughed as I took the bottle from his hands. “Where’s Myungsoo? It’s rare to see you guys apart.”

            Sungyeol shrugged, stepping into the dressing room. “He’s changing with Woohyun.”

            What?! There goes the jealous alert. “And you’re…not scared of anything happening in there?” Sunggyu mind translation: WHAT THE IS YOUR BOYFRIEND DOING, CHANGING WITH MY GUY?

            “Not really,” Sungyeol smiled. “I trust Myungie. After all, I changed with Dongwoo hyung. Hoya didn’t rip me to pieces, so I find no reason to drown Woohyun.”

            “What if…Woohyun…falls for L?” I asked, chugging down some water to hide my meekness. I mean, it’s possible, right? It’s ing L, for Pete’s sake. I think ever single member has fallen even a bit for the guy. He’s basically God in human form. We’re all surprised to how Sungyeol even got his hands on him.

            “I didn’t fall for Dongwoo hyung.”

            GAWD, SUNGYEOL, ARE YOU BLIND? BECAUSE IF YOU DID, HOYA WOULD BURY YOU ALIVE. “Ah. I guess so.”

 

“I’m so sleepy, hyung,” Woohyun whined as he rubbed his eyes.

            My face twitched, really trying not to start freaking out at his natural cuteness. “Uh…you can sleep on me, I guess.”

            “AW, thank you hyung!” He managed to say before falling onto my lap. He fidgeted a little, then paced his breathing.

            “I meant my shoulder,” I muttered a bit before looking around to van to see if anybody noticed. No, Hoya and Dongwoo were still in the front, joking around about some weird thing they found on the internet. Myungsoo, Sungyeol, and Sungjong were in the back, all sleeping. Sungyeol’s head was on Myungsoo’s shoulder, and Sungjong was lying on Sungyeol’s lap with his legs on Myungsoo’s.

            I stared out the window, practically forcing myself not to look down at the Heaven laid out before me. God, what did I do to deserve this? I –

            “Hyung.”

            “Hmm?” I asked, still staring at the endless trees and bushes as if they were the most fascinating thing on the entire planet.

            “I can’t sleep. And I’m tired. Sing to me?” Woohyun mumbled as he shifted his head a bit.

            …Sing to him? I could barely even muster out a word in this state. How the freak was I supposed to sing to him?!

            “Hyung…”

            “I got it,” I said, my shaking hand reaching over to his hair. I hit his head and ruffled down, feeling him flinch under my touch each time I smacked his head. Oh well, he wasn’t complaining. So whatever.

            I was about to start singing when Woohyun said, “Hyung, if you keep on doing that, I’m going to lose more brain cells.”

            My hand immediately froze and I let my arm lead its way back to him side. “Sorry.”

            “No, it’s okay. Keep doing it. Just don’t slap my skull each time you do it.”

 

My breath fastened each time as I forced myself to focus on a dot on the wall.

            Okay, who the freak was I kidding. How was I supposed to fall asleep, knowing that the Godly Nam Woohyun was RIGHT FREAKING THERE?!

            Against my brain instructions, I turned around to find myself face-to-face with Woohyun. What the…why wasn’t he in his bed? God, the boy was such a bad sleepwalker. Last week, we found him in bed with Sungjong. The maknae just freaked out, thinking that it was some pedo and nearly killed Woohyun.

            I sighed, taking in every single feature of his face. His skin was flawless, literally. I just…ugh. What was wrong with me. Seriously. What happened to mature hyung, leader of INFINITE.

            Pshaww, that guy was long gone. Especially after THIS piece of divine chunk was in front of him.

            …Is it possible to faint from over access of hotness? I think so. I could literally feel myself falling in and out of consciousness.

            I didn’t know what got over me, but I took my left hand and began to brush his bangs out of his face to reveal his closed eyes. His eyelashes were beautiful, the end of freaking story.

            My hand somehow found its way to his cheek as I slowly it. His breathing got a little faster, but somehow, I didn’t want to let go. God, this felt so good.

            I’m so freaking lame…

            With all my strength, I told my eyes to stay on his forehead. Don’t look down. Do…not…look…down…

            GAWD, WHAT THE FREAK, BRAIN. I TOLD YOU NOT TO GO DOWN. I TOLD YOU…NOW LOOK AT ME…

            I just laid there, my hand emotionlessly floating above Woohyun’s face. My eyes were locked on his lips, not knowing what I was supposed to do. Just stare? My heart was already beating so fast at that.

            I told you, this crush thing messes minds up. So, so much. You freak out at the wrong times, and you react perfectly at the wrong times. It’s so stupid. Really, I might as well write an entire book on how not to let the guy you have absolute love for take over your mind and destroy every sane and innocent thought you’ve ever had of him.

            Whenever Woohyun belts a long note, I imagine him just screaming my name as I pleasure him.

            Whenever Woohyun smiles, I imagine him smiling at me after I kiss him.

            Whenever Woohyun laughs, I imagine him laughing at a lover’s inside joke that only he and I knew.

            Whenever Woohyun cries, I imagine him crying in my arms as every single sad thought leaves his body.

            Whenever Woohyun talks, I imagine him engrossing in a beautiful conversation with me.

            I couldn’t take it. This feeling, this stupid, idiotic, totally overwhelming feeling just grabbed at my heart and completely covered it in goo.

            With one last thought in my mind, I lunged forward a bit and met his lips at mines. I stayed still for a second, not knowing what to do.

            I kissed him. Nam Woohyun.  

            Well, no, our lips were touching. And it felt amazing…

            From beneath me, I began to feel Woohyun moving around for a moment and I freaked. Freaked. I’m dead.

            WHAT ELSE DO I DO? YOU TELL ME. HE’S NOT SUPPOSED TO WAKE UP. No. I mean, I’m killing his oxygen supply, of course he was going to wake up.

            I froze, closing my eyes. I pulled out all force from my lips as I just let myself lay there. Our lips were still connected, but I was asleep. Nothing else to it.

            If my senses were telling my correctly, Woohyun woke up. He woke up and, realizing what was going on, shoved me away.

            I allowed my body to aimlessly roll to the other side, my breathing still the same. Nothing happened for a while, and I knew what he was thinking: Sunggyu hyung’s asleep.

            From my corner facing the wall, I opened my eyes.

            “…I’m in hyung’s bed again,” I heard Woohyun muttered. “But…what the freak…what happened…”

            I felt the bed press down as Woohyun kneed over to me. Closing my eyes again, I resumed to the perfect sleep face and breathing.

            “Hyung? Sunggyu? Are you awake?”

            Silence.

            “Hyung…”

            I just breathed.

            “Aish…Why am I even on your bed? Minhae, hyung, it was my fault. Sleepwalking again. You just rolled over.”

            I could literally feel my heart breaking apart as Woohyun crawled away from me and back to his bed.

 

“Aren’t you ever jealous of them, hyung?”

            “Huh?” I turned over to Sungjong, who was now sitting next to me. I followed his eye gaze and saw Dongwoo leaning against Hoya’s shoulder as the younger boy played on a cell phone. On another row of chairs, Sungyeol was sleeping on Myungsoo’s lap while Myungsoo carefully fixed Sungyeol’s hair so that none of the hair stylist noonas would realize that his boyfriend had fallen asleep. “Oh. Not really, I guess. I’m happy for them. Why? Are you?”

            Sungjong shrugged, taking another whip of his water bottle. “I don’t know. I was jealous of Dongwoo hyung for a while. Then at Sungyeol hyung. But…I guess I got over it. Hoya and Myungsoo hyung don’t belong to me, not matter how well they take care of me.”

            “Aww, is our little maknae sad?” I giggled as I nudged Sungjong. I would’ve ruffled his hair, but the noona’s would kill me. Unlike Sungyeol, Sungjong didn’t have a patient boyfriend that was willing to fix every little strand of hair to get him out of being in trouble.

            “I will be,” Sungjong said darkly. “After you and Woohyun hyung get together and the Woogyu couple starts to form, I’m going to be forever alone.”

            “W – what?!” I stuttered, staring at him. “M – me and Woohyun?!”

            “Yeah.” Sungjong nodded slowly, as if he were talking to a five year old and not his respected hyung. “Obviously. Woohyun hyung likes you, and you just refuse to respond to his feelings.”

            My first thought: BAM. I’M THE BESTEST ACTOR IN THE WORLD. YOU SEE THIS? YEARS OF EFFORT. PAID OFF. THAT’S RIGHT, MEET KIM SUNGGYU, THE MOST AMAZING HIDER-OF-FEELINGS PERSON EVARRRRRR.

            Second thought: The facking freak.

            …Woohyun likes me?

            Wait. What?

            “WHAT?!

            Sungjong whined, plugging his ears. “You didn’t know? I know I said that you’re a grandpa and everything, but I didn’t think you were this oblivious. I just thought that you were straight, or something like that.”

            “…How…what…why?” My brain was somewhat incapable of forming regular sentences.

            “Woohyun. Hyung. Likes. You.” Sungjong paused between every word to make sure that I had gotten it down correctly.

            “How do you know?” I asked, a while after regaining my conscience.

            “This morning,” Sungjong shrugged. He took a drink of water, then continued. “Woohyun said something about wanting to kiss you. Then about how you looked hot today.”

            My eyes widened (well…as big as they could go. Shut up. Yes, my eyes are small. I admit it. BUT I STILL HAVE FREAKING EYES, YOU KNOW.) as I stood up and ran out of the dressing room, trying to find Woohyun’s changing room.

            When I rushed into it, I found him sitting on a chair, staring at himself in the mirror. He had already changed into his clothes, but he hadn’t left the room.

            “Sunggyu hyung!” He cried, standing up. “What’re you doing here?”

            I freaked for a second, begging my brain to come up with something. Silently, I closed the door and walked over to Woohyun. “Tell me the truth…do you like me?”

            “What?” his eyebrows furrowed as he backed away from me. “Of course I like you. You’re my hyung. Why wouldn’t I like you?”

            “No, Woohyun!” I said, frustrated. When’d I fall for such a thick guy? “I mean, romantically. Do you…like me?”

            Woohyun blinked for a second, then groaned. “Oh God. Sungjong told you, didn’t he? About what I said this morning?”

            All I could do was nod.

            He stared at me for a second, then sat on the counter. “Yes, hyung, I do like you. I’ve liked you for a very long time.”

            Now, all I could do was stare.

            When the freak did Woohyun get so brave? Wasn’t he embarrassed…at all? I remember the conversations that Myungsoo and Hoya had with me. They’d tell me how hard it was for them to finally confess their love with their ignorant partners, and here Woohyun was…just saying it out loud.

            “I know you like me too, hyung.”

            Wait.

            Hold it.

            HOLD EVERYTHING.

            I was supposed to be the best actor ever. WHAT HAPPENED TO MY CLEAN RECORD?! “W – what are you trying to say, Woohyun?”

            “Last night,” he told me with a small twinkle in his eye.

            “Last night?” I furrowed my eyebrows, pretending to be confused. “What about last night?”

            “Hyung, don’t fake it with me. I know you were awake,” Woohyun told me, jumping off and walking over to me until we were about five centimeters away from each other.

            “What…why…” was all my genius brain could manage.

            “Your breathing,” he answered, grinning a bit.

            Still staring. “My breathing? What?!”

            “When we were trainees, hyung,” Woohyun began explaining, “we slept in the same dorm, remember? Well, every night, I would stay up. I told you I liked you. I’ve always liked you, for forever hyung. Every night back in those days, I would stay awake and just walk over to your room and sit next to your bed. I know…it sounds creepy, but you were just so perfect. And your breathing was unique, too. You’d take small, soft breaths, along with a long one every few seconds. And your mouth was always a little open. You also always slept on your stomach with your face looking towards the right, unless you had a stuffy nose.”

            I didn’t know what to think. My brain just short-circuited there. I stepped a little closer to him, my hands actually touching his face. When he was freaking awake. “You really are a creeper, Woohyun…but you’re my sweet creeper.”

            The last thing I saw was Woohyun’s bright smile as he leaned down and allowed our lips to finally meet…with the both of us awake, this time.

 

Thinking about Nam Woohyun was still stupid, though. He had the power to make me crawl into a freaking ball and just roll around.

            This was different than my crush feelings, though. With my crush feelings, I would want to roll into a ball and throw myself off of a cliff.

            With this feeling, a feeling knowing that Woohyun was mines, I would still want to roll into a ball and off a cliff, but I knew that this time, Woohyun would be down there to catch me. 

 

SO? HUH? HOW WAS IT? :3 ugh...I'm originally a first-POV writer. To be quiet honest, Your Choice (my first fanfic on AFF) was the VERY FIRST story I've ever written that was on omniscient/3rd POV. I get a lot more personal when I'm writing in first POV because I get really, really into the person I'm characterizing, so excuse it if it seems really BOOM to you ;_; :3 

So, all in all, please leave comments~~ request a couple you'd like! [YaDong coming up soon, don't worry ^^] I'll also be posting in the foreward what chapters are NOT Myungyeol ones, so you guys can go check that out if you want! ♥ THANKYOUU EVERYBODY~~♥ :0