I Don't Hate You. I Just Wish I'd Never Met You.

MyungYeol One-Shot Collection

 

It's the truth; it's my honest feelings.

            Why? At least tell me that, Lee Sungyeol. Tell me why I had to meet you. My life, everything I knew, became messed up because of you.

            You tricked me. You tricked me so bad into falling in love with you - and everything plainly resulted in my life crumbling down to bits.

            I remember the day you arrived at school. The cheery, happy new kid that could make friends with the whole school in one split second. I applaud you for that - I really do.

            I remember you told me you were thankful for this gift because it was what caught my eye. Is my acceptance really that important to you? I wouldn't think so, not after what you put me through.

            I remember when you talked to me for the first time. You asked me why I was so keen on having perfect grades and being at the top of the school. I didn't answer you because I was confused. I didn't know how to answer. For everyday of my 16 years of living, those academic records were all I had to keep me from killing myself.

            I remember our first real conversation, when I actually replied back to you. You wanted to know when our ELA worksheet was due. I told you tomorrow, and you said thank you.

            I remember how you told me that you didn't even hand in the ELA paper. You didn't even bother to do it. You only asked me as an excuse to talk to me. Yeol-ah, you have no idea how happy that made me. I has this weird, foreign feeling in my body. Maybe, for once, I had something to live for that wasn't my schoolwork.

 

Oh, I couldn't have been more wrong.

 

            You told me it would be okay. You told me that it was fine. You told me not to worry.

            To be honest, that didn't help me at all. I only stayed with you out of pure love. I didn't trust a word you said, not a single one.

            I don't know who I should be mad at, you or me. You, for lying to me, or me, for not listening to anything I was telling myself. I should've left you that day. I knew you would cry, but you always cry. You even told me yourself, having you cry is better than watching me have to shed the first tear in ages.

            But I did shed tears. Many of them. Because of you.

            They all say I'm overreacting. They all tell me that it was nothing. It's because they don't ing understand.

            You don't dare say a word or even speak to me anymore. I have a right to be angry, and you out of all people should know that better than anbody else. You tore down what I spent years building up, and I hope you're proud of yourself. It's your fault, you know it. Everyone still blames me for the shift in the #1 Couple's relationship.

            Go. Tell them what you did. You were the one that did this, not me. It was all my ing fault for staying by your side, I'll gladly take blame for that. The rest, the rest was on you.

            I told you that I couldn't. You didn't care. You just kept telling me it would be alright. It's not alright yet, Sungyeol. It's not. Are you going to fix it? No? I didn't ing think so.

 

It was 93, Sungyeol. A mother ing 93.

 

-Kim Myunsoo.

 

            "That's why," Sungyeol breathed out as he watched his teacher read the letter that was dedicated to the choding. "Please, Sungsaenim. My heart...it hurts so much being apart from Myungsoo this long. I can't take it much more. I'm begging you, just let him retake the exam. Please, I'll do anything."

            The teacher sighed, rubbing his temples. The letter dropped onto his desk as he skimmed it over again "I knew Kim Myungsoo was a deligient student...but this is too extreme, isn't it?"

            "No, it's not." Sungyeol was already near tears. He couldn't take it anymore. "Everybody keeps saying that, but you don't understand. Myungsoo has gotten perfect, 100%'s on every single test, quiz, exam that he has ever taken for 13 years. How do you think he feels when, just around the time he's about to graduate, he gets a 93%? And it's all my fault, too. I begged him to stay with me and have more fun when he kept telling me that he had to study for the exam. I didn't think it would harm   Myungsoo that much; he's smart enough not having to study. He kept telling me he had to go...but I knew his weaknesses. I knew what I could do to make him stay...and I did it."

            The teacher took another look at the heartfelt letter on his desk, then back at his nearly crying student. He hated to do this...but he had to. "Sungyeol-ah...no matter what, I can't let Myungsoo retake the exam."

            "B - but...no...he's going to hate me now..." Sungyeol faltered before he fell into a crying mess.

 

"IS THIS WHAT YOU ING WANTED?!" Sunggyu screamed. "Myungsoo, I'm telling you, you took this much, much too far."

            Myungsoo, silent and unphased, forked another piece of egg into his mouth.

            Sunggyu yelled in frustration before plopping down into his seat. He turned around to stare at the crowd forming around Classroom 9A. They were all there to watch one of the most popular, happiest kids breaking down in the corner next to the storage closet.

            "This entire time I've beem avoiding taking sides," Sunggyu said, looking back at his friend. Nobody else was here - not Woohyun, Dongwoo, Hoya, or Sungjong. They all sided with Sungyeol and were probably in the classroom trying to calm him down. "But seriously, Myungsoo. You're being so unreasonable. Sungyeol is miserable in there, you know that?!"

            "He deserves to be miserable." Myungsoo didn't look anywhere but straightforward, taking another bite.

            Sunggyu snorted, rolling his eyes. "You are a true ed up , you know that? Why did I even try with you?! Sungyeol deserves somebody better. Much, much better."

            Myungsoo finally looked another direction when Sunggyu stood up and left him for Sungyeol. His hyung was right. He was a ed up . But getting perfect grades was something he had been proud of, and then...Sungyeol came and ruined that.

            But really. What was more important to him - getting all the questions right on a  bunch of stupid, biased tests, or his totally amazing, loveable, and sweet boyfriend?

            That was like asking if he wanted chocolate ice cream or vanilla ice cream topped with fresh cut strawberries and rainbow sprinkles. Both were good...but some people just had different taste prefrences.

 

"OUT. EVERYBODY. NOW."

            The entire school population turned their heads to see Kim Myungsoo at the door. Half of them smiled and the other half rolled their eyes, blocking Myungsoo's path to Sungyeol.

            "I'm serious. Before I find out where all of you live and ruin your social life until you all turn 80."

            The doubtful half all glanced at each other, knowing that Kim Myungsoo would fulfill his threats. With little pushes from the ALWAYS SUPPORT MYUNGYEOL FOREVARR<3 group, they began to inch out of the classroom, leaving only seven people in the room.

            "Why are you even here?" Dongwoo growled, eyeing Myungsoo. Him, Hoya, Woohyun, Sunggyu, and Sungjong were surrounded around Sungyeol, not allowing Myungsoo to even catch a glimpse of him.

            "Just go, you guys. I want to talk to Sungyeol."

            "You have no reason to," Woohyun said, eyes still narowed. From behind him, sniffling noises were very evident.

            "I love him is reason enough!" Myungsoo shouted, throwing his hands in the air.

            Sungyeol stopped crying for a moment. Myungsoo still loved him?

            Glancing around, Sungjong pulled onto Sunggyu's sleeve, signaling them to leave. The oldest hyung took one more look at Myungsoo's face and sighed, starting to walk out. The rest just stared at each other, then at Myungsoo, which resulted in them following Sunggyu's footsteps.

            Myungsoo turned to look at the closed door, then back at Sungyeol, whose face was buried in his knees.

            He bent down and patted Sungyeol's now black hair - it had been a caramel brown color, but with a lecture from Myungsoo about natural hair, Sungyeol had dyed it back to black.

            "Sungyeol-ah, look at me...I'm sorry. Everybody's right; I took this way too hard. It's just a test grade."

            "But..." Sungyeol hiccuped, looking up. His eyes were red and his cheeks marked with tears. It hurt Myungsoo so much to know that it was him that caused the choding to cry. "Your future...the world record...your -" hiccup "- perfect grades."

            "My future is nothing without my Yeolliepop," Myungsoo smiled as he pushed the water from Sungyeol's cheels.

            Through his tears, Sungyeol managed to smile. "I'm so sorry..."

            "No. I should be sorry...I was stupid. Very. A 93 really isn't that bad." Myungsoo flinched as he said that, but who cared? He had to get used to it. He got an A-. The first one in his life...but hey, life was all about firsts, wasn't it?

            "I'll make it up for you somehow," Sungyeol said quietly.

            "You don't have to," Myungsoo told him, leaning in closer. "Being here by my side and dealing with my stupidity is enough."

            Without another word, Myungsoo captured Sungyeol's lips into an apologetic kiss. After a moment, Sungyeol, voluntarily parted his lips and let his boyfriend's tongue enter his mouth.

            He was so happy, in blissful paradise. A sparkly paradise with pink unicorns jumping over double rainbows.

 

Huh? Like my HMS reference? :DD This story probably made no sense to you, but please understand. I wrote this story kind of based on my own experience and the fact that school's starting. A lot of people tend to take school much, much too seriously. Come on you guys, getting a 96 instead of 100 is NOT a bad thing. I just wanted to address that fact - don't push people out of your lives because you're stressed. Go have fun! Do something! BAHAHAHA YOU'RE PROBABLY LIKE o.O whhhattt? But seriously, you guys. 

I hope you liked it! I'll make more when I'm totally crazy and can't cope with my stupid life. XDD ♥ byebye~~ please leave me some comments and subscribe!♥