Why Am I Here?

MyungYeol One-Shot Collection

 

I have absolutely zero motivation to write right now LOL. I have come upon the realization that I can't write oneshots on a whim like I do with my chaptered fanfics =.=" I think I had a convo with somebody about this type of story already that I was planning on writing, but I never do. I have a ton of almost-written fanfics that I've started but never gone through with because I had no idea what to write afterwards.

I think I'm just going to post those instead when I don't know what to write :3 

Sungyeol sighed, looking around the empty dorm room. Today was a free-ish day for them – Woohyun and Sunggyu had gone out and Myungsoo and Sungjong were currently in a room together, Sungjong crying and ranting about something. Dongwoo and Hoya were the only ones who weren’t granted a free day – the two of them were practicing, as INFINITE H, to promote their new single.

               Scratching his head, Sungyeol looked back at his laptop and started typing. He didn’t know what to do, he was bored out of his mind and didn’t feel like anything. Currently, he was just browsing a Korean new site.

               Just as he was about to open a thread called “Useless members in Kpop groups”, Sungyeol felt someone starting to kiss his neck, starting to on it.

               There was only one person who would do this.

               “M – Myungsoo, stop it. We’re in the dorm…”

               “There’s nobody here besides us and Sungjong,” Myungsoo whispered seductively, moving up to nibble on Sungyeol’s ear.

               “Yah! S – stop it already!”

                Myungsoo laughed, hugging Sungyeol’s neck from the back. “I’m just joking with you, Yeollie. Didn’t know you’d take it so seriously.”

               Before Sungyeol could answer, Sungjong stormed out of his room and stomped to the kitchen, yelling out, “IF YOU GUYS WANNA DO PRIVATE STUFF, JUST FREAKING GO INTO THE ROOM AND STOP DOING IT IN SUCH A PUBLIC PLACE.”

               “What’s up with him?” Sungyeol asked, eyeing the estranged maknae as he grabbed a box of ice cream from the fridge along with a spoon.

               “You know, the usual. The managers said that he wasn’t allowed to go out with Hwayoung today during his free time. Ya know, after the Idol Championship incident and pictures, people have been suspecting that they’re dating.”

               “But they are.”

               “But neither companies want to broadcast that, Sungyeol,” Myungsoo said, giving his boyfriend another kiss on the forehead. “I’ll go talk to him again, kay?”

               Sungyeol nodded, turning back to his laptop screen. The thread had already been loaded, showing a list of people from different K-pop groups that the user deemed as ‘useless’.

               He kept scrolling until he saw it: there was INFINITE, along with pictures of him and Sungjong. Wait – what?! Useless?

               Something had to be up – he kept going down until he got to the comments. He wasn’t too sure whether or not he should’ve been happy that most of them were about INFINITE.

 

ABC: Don’t say that! Jongie’s voice is literally heaven when it comes to ballad songs! AND HE CAN PLAY THE PIANO!

DEF: Sungjong’s the adorable maknae! He’s not useless! Everybody loves our cute Jongie~~

 

               Going down more, Sungyeol noticed that most of the comments were defending Sungjong. What about him? Then, at the very last page, he found what he was looking for – the one comment with over 100 likes.

 

GHI: Yeol’s my ultimate bias and I absolutely LOVE him to pieces, but I have to agree that he’s a little useless. I mean, he barely has over a verse in any of INFINITE’s songs, he doesn’t rap, he isn’t the main or lead dancer, he’s not the visual, he’s not the leader, he’s not the maknae, and he’s not the muscular one. I don’t know if I would’ve liked INFINITE the same without Sungyeol, but I have to say that he seems a little like dead weight.

 

               Everything basically went downhill from there.

 

Nobody noticed anything change in the choding. Not from Leader Gyu, who was supposed to notice everything about his mates, to Myungsoo, who was Sungyeol’s boyfriend.

               Sungyeol had to credit himself. He couldn’t let any of them know what was going on with him – if they did…well, he didn’t want to think of what they would do.

               But it hurt. It hurt so much to hear somebody belt out a long note, or somebody rapping, or somebody dancing amazingly, or somebody striking a note on the guitar, or somebody having the rights to boss everybody else around, or somebody playing the piano, or somebody flashing off their six-pack.

               He couldn’t stand not being able to do anything that stood out from his other six group mates. All he had was his high screams, animal imitations, and occasional jokes. Otherwise…why was he even here?

               Nobody saw it from the outside, but in the inside, Sungyeol was slowly beginning to wither away.

 

“Guys, I’m tired,” Sungyeol finally said one day. It’d been a week, and he really didn’t know how much he could take anymore. “I think I’m just going to go home first…is that alright with you guys?”

               The six members eyed each other. Sungyeol was always the last one to leave, the one begging to stay. He was fine yesterday! What happened all of a sudden?

               “Are you okay, Sungyeol?” Sunggyu asked, tilting his head.

               “Huh? I’m fine.” Sungyeol gave him a strange look and stood up, throwing his empty plate of food away. “I’m just really tired today…maybe I just didn’t have enough coffee this morning, or something stupid like that. I’ll just go home and sleep it out.”

               “Want me to come with?” Myungsoo asked, looking up.

               “No, it’s okay,” Sungyeol laughed. “If you did, we’d probably somehow get caught up in something that Sunggyu hyung and the managers would kill us for. So I’m just going to go back. Don’t worry about me, I’ll just go straight into the dorms. Okay?”

               The six friends nodded and went back to their talent contest.

               That’s right. Talent contest. That was the reason why Sungyeol had said he was ‘tired’ and wanted to sleep.

               Taking a stroll back home, Sungyeol could imagine them fighting over who was the best. Sunggyu with his voice, Woohyun with his long, high notes and six pack, Dongwoo with his rapping, Hoya with his dancing, Myungsoo with his guitar, or Sungjong with this piano/aegyo (because unlike Myungsoo, Sungjong didn’t drag around his instrument due to obvious reasons).

               Whenever they appeared on a variety show, Sungyeol had always won the talent contest due to his funny jokes or looks or whatever. But he knew that those were no use because he simply knew that he had no talent. No true talent that benefitted to the group in any way. He was just Sungyeol…

               Feeing a tear drip down his cheek, Sungyeol laughed and wiped it away. He’d been trying so hard not to cry, so hard not to show anybody the slightest change in him. But he couldn’t help it anymore, he had to let it out sometime.

               He’s been the last to join INFINITE, and sometimes, even he had to question as to why INFINITE didn’t just debut as a six-member group and leave him out of this. Why’d they even take a talentless choding anyway? What was the point…

               Before he could burst into tears, though, he ran. He ran the opposite direction of where his dorm was, but he knew exactly where he was going.

 

Sungyeol knocked on the door without hesitation. If anybody could help him right now, it’d be the four ladies made in Asia.

               “I’M COMING!” a very familiar voice shouted. The door opened and Fei stepped out. “Sungyeol? Oh my God, you’re crying! Are you okay? Come in!”

               He could only stand there as the tears started pouring without his consent. “N – noona…”

               “Sungyeol?” Fei reached for his hand a pulled him in closing the door. “Sit down. We’ll talk about it, okay? I’m already making chocolate chip cookies. I’m sure that one would help you.”

               Sungyeol managed to smile through his tears, sitting down in the comfortable, homey couch. He always liked miss A’s dorm. It always reminded him of home away from home even if it wasn’t.

               “Fei Unnie, Jia Unnie says to –“ Suzy stopped midsentence, looking at the boy sitting on her dorm couch. “Sungyeol Oppa! What’s wrong?”

               Reaching up to his face, Sungyeol wiped his tears away and laughed. “I’m sorry, Suzy. I’m just…a little…”

               “It’s okay,” she said, walking over to sit with him on the couch. “Oh! Do you want me to call Myungsoo hyung? I think he’d want to know you’re here…”

               “No,” Sungyeol shook his head. “None of the members know that I’m here…I told them that I’d go straight back to the dorm…”

               “Not even Myungsoo?” Suzy asked.

               “Not even Myungsoo.”

               Sungyeol was hurt, really hurt, to see the sad look on Suzy’s face. The girl always hated to see him and Myungsoo not together. When a rumor had gotten out that Sungyeol and Myungsoo were actually going out, Suzy had stepped in right away to pose as a ‘supposed’ girl for Myungsoo to like.

               “…Are you sure you don’t want me to call him?” Suzy asked for the second time. It wasn’t her fault, she just really loved seeing the two together. And seeing them like this, it just didn’t look right.

               “I’m not fighting with him, Suzy,” Sungyeol told her, forbidding himself to cry again. “They just…don’t know that I’m here. That’s all.”

               “But do they know that you’re crying?”

               Sungyeol evaded the younger girl’s eyes and looked at the ground, shaking his head. “And I don’t intend on having them find out anytime soon.”

               “Then it’s settled.”

               “What –“ Sungyeol turned around to see Min and Jia standing in the doorway, having listened onto his and Suzy’s conversation.

               “I’m going to call your manager, okay Sungyeol?” Jia said, holding her cell phone in hand. “I’ll tell him that we caught up to you in the streets and wanted to have some cookies, so we brought you back to our dorm. It’ll be okay, don’t worry.”

               “This is why I love you guys,” Sungyeol said, feeling like his tears were coming out again.

               “Aww, Yeollie, don’t cry,” Min cooed, walking over to give him a big hug. “We really don’t want to see you cry, alright? Now where’s Unnie with the cookies?”

               “I’m right here,” Fei said out loud, which was also a cue that told Sungyeol she’d also heard. “Cookies are almost done.”

               She walked out with a box of freshly baked cookies. “Sungyeol, take as much as you want. If you’re hungry, just tell me. I’ll whip up something yummy quickly, okay?”

               Sungyeol nodded as Fei ruffled his hair, teasing him about being so cute.

               If only being ‘cute’ was a talent…

 

“What? Yeol’s staying with miss A?”

               “Seems like it,” Sunggyu nodded. “I just got off the phone. Manager says that when Sungyeol was walking home, the four of them found him and told him that he could come back and have some cookies or whatever with him. Turns out he’s staying for the rest of the night.”

               “Oh.” Myungsoo looked at the ground.

               “It’s just one night, Myungsoo. He just wants to have fun with his friends.”

               “…But I’m his friend,” Myungsoo said quietly. “Is he bored of me or something?”

               Sunggyu looked at him weirdly. “What on earth are you talking about? Sungyeol will never get bored of you. He attaches to you like a leech. Seriously…”

               “I guess so,” Myungsoo shrugged, standing up. “I guess –“

               “THAT’S NOT FAIRRRRR!” Sungjong shouted, throwing himself onto the couch. “What, so Sungyeol gets to stay with miss A but I’m not allowed to stay with T-ara? They’re just biased towards him, I swear.”

               “No, they just know that Sungyeol’s not dating anybody from miss A,” Woohyun said, walking in to give Sunggyu a quick kiss and get a cup of water. “Besides, everybody knows that Sungyeol and Myungsoo are close to those four girls. One more rumor about you and Hwayoung, and the manager’s so gonna kill you.”

 

YOUR IMAGINATION CAN THINK OF THE REST. BECAUSE I OBVIOUSLY COULDN'T. *awkward smile*

hey guys. It's the Obama vs. Romeny debate (for American citizens! :]) today! Are any of you guys watching it right now? My history teacher wanted me to...but I'm not too much into politics~

WELL THEN. ♥ BYEBYE~ :DD