"...How On Earth Are You Gay?"..."Byun Baekhyun."

MyungYeol One-Shot Collection

 

UGH GUISE YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW LONG IT TOOK ME TO FINISH THIS.

I DON'T CARE IF YOU DON'T SHIP BAEKYEOL READ THIS I POURED MY HEART AND SOUL INTO IT.

no i'm kidding, you don't have to XDDD I wrote this entire freaking thing not knowing what Baekhyun even looked like, and that's a pretty big feat on its own. After watching about a kajillion fanvids and  mv's I'm all smug, thinking I know what Baekhyun looks like. Then I stare at this photo and I figure out the guy's actually some other EXO member. LIKE UGH WHY DO THEY LOOK SO MUCH ALIKE D; i fail so much at this. thisiswhyishouldshipkrisyeoliactuallyknowwho'swho.

ALL BASED OFF THE INFO THIS TOTALLY AWESOME GURL GAVE ME kpopwriterss :) also written for her~ XDDDD the ending's a little...well...I don't...it's just...no words. pretty bad.

If there was anything that annoyed Baekhyun more than life it was Chanyeol and his rambling about life.

                No, really.

                It was.

                “Okay, so you wanna know what happened?” Chanyeol started, holding in a deep breath as he began his rant. “I was picking up my mom up and on the way back I was looking out the window and this ing mouths at me to off so I flip her off and her mom sees so she flips me off and I’m like DIE IN A HOLE. That girl needs to off, ‘cause she probably SLEPT WITH EVERY ING GUY IN HER SCHOOL.”

                Baekhyun just nodded, raising his eyebrows. He was used to this, pissed of Chanyeol jumping from one section to another with the largest jumps possible. “Go on.”

                “SHE’S IN ING LOVE WITH SOME GAY GROUP AND I’M LIKE WHEN THEY DIE I HOPE THEY SEE YOUR FACE.”

                “…But I thought you didn’t know her,” Baekhyun said, obviously confused.

                “Oh, that’s another girl,” Chanyeol waved him off, as if saying “you should catch up better”. “OH. And there’s this other girl at my school, I swear, SHE NEEDS TO STOP FLASHING EVERY ING GUY AT MY DAMN SCHOOL.”

                Slowly peeling his banana, Baekhyun nodded again. For known reasons, he was happy that he didn’t go to Chanyeol’s school. They lived right next door to one another and grew up together, but Baekhyun attended a private high school across the city while Chanyeol was enrolled in the public high school right around the corner.

                “I swear, I’m moving out of the country for college,” Chanyeol huffed, knocking Baekhyun’s knee for some of the banana. “But apparently my mom says that if I’m moving out of the country then she’s sending my dad with me because I’m not “capable of living on my own”. Like seriously.”

                “…You’re not.”

                “College campus, Baekhyun, they have dorms. And I’ll get a job.”

                The older of the two stifled a laugh because the thought of Park Chanyeol having a job was utterly hilarious. “Right, and I’ll be in a K-pop group.”

                “Don’t underestimate my powers,” Chanyeol sneered, handing the empty banana peel back to Baekhyun.

                “You don’t have any powers.” Baekhyun shoved the trash back, mentally telling his best friend to throw it away by himself.

                Best friend.

                Who knew this crazy freak could ever be his best friend.

                “Oh, by the way, I need you to come over and help me with my math homework. Frankly, I don’t even know why, though. It’s my best grade.”

                “Math?! Your best grade? What do you have in the class?” Because for as long as Baekhyun had known him, Chanyeol stunk horribly with anything to do with numbers.

                “A 57%!” Chanyeol cried proudly, hugging the shorter boy’s side. “Aren’t you proud of me? I only dropped by fourteen percent from last year’s math grade!”

                This was why Chanyeol had failed the entrance exam to get into Baekhyun’s academy, this was why they never could go to school together. The tall boy was as smart as an apple.

                “You’re lucky I’m your friend.” Standing up, Baekhyun reached a hand out for his bestie to take. “Or you’d fail school altogether.”

                “Oh, don’t worry,” Chanyeol snorted. “I’m already failing anyways.”

 

Yawning, Baekhyun turned the corner of his school to get to his locker when his friend, Sungjong, had come up to him.

                “Hey, wanna go somewhere with me next Friday?” He asked, half smiling as his hand was in his pocket.

                Baekhyun’s mind flashed, remembering that there wasn’t any school on Friday due to staff meetings. Since Chanyeol still had school, he didn’t have anything better to do. “Sure, what?”

                “So I got girlfriend,” Sungjong explained, his eyes dashing back and forth to see if anybody could hear them, “and she goes to North East High School. She wants me to visit her on Friday, says that the principal would permit it.”

                “North East?” Baekhyun thought for a second, wondering why the name was so familiar. “Oh! My best friend goes there!”

                Sungjong frowned a bit, because he thought that they were best friends. Until a look of recognition overcame his face “…OH, you mean the one you always talk about? Chanyeol?”

                “What? I don’t always talk about him!” Baekhyun countered, shutting his locker before locking it.

                “Um, yeah you do. Remember, the tall guy with the deep voice that rants about everything? I feel like I know him just because of you.”

                “Well you know what, he’s –“

                “Annoying, yes, you’ve told me that a million times.”

                “No, I was going to say that he’s –“

                “Stupid, can’t get anything done on his own without your help, I know.”

                “No, I was just going to say that he’d be thrilled to have me come along. Gosh, stop thinking you know everything about Chanyeol.”

                Sungjong blinked, not even able to comprehend how completely weird Baekhyun got. “I…didn’t…I was just saying – hey – Baekhyun – where are you going?!”

 

Chanyeol and Baekhyun were alike in so many ways but in the same amount of ways they were similar, they were completely and utterly different.

                For example, one seemed to shrink every other day while the other kept shooting upwards. Baekhyun’s mom once told him that it was because he hung out so much with Chanyeol that he was so short – the younger boy kept stealing his height. If that was even possible…which it wasn’t.

                Then there was the fact that whenever Baekhyun got nervous, his voice would jump up about forty trillion octaves. On the contrary, Chanyeol never got nervous so his voice stayed on the same level as Morgan Freeman’s voice, just not as Godly. Well, no, if you asked Baekhyun, he’d say that both voices were y.

                That’s right. He thought voices were y.

                Which comes in with the start of their similarities: they were both gay.

                But that also brought in some differences. Baekhyun could pass for a bi with his “fantastic legs” and “the most prettiest fingers ever, so slender and skinny…” while there was Chanyeol.

                He was like a hybrid between Big Foot and King Kong, except a bajillion-kadrillion times handsomer. He had this voice that most straight men were jealous of because, well, what woman doesn’t love a guy with such a deep voice? So naturally, he got all the ladies, right? Right?

                Not really. Mostly because he didn’t even want the ladies. That part was kind of false hope, while with Baekhyun, they could at least get the “oh he’s gay” vibe.

                Whenever Chanyeol was randomly asked on a date by some girl in school, he’d just shout out as happy as ever, “I’M GAY.”

                Sure, they’d be totally, utterly heartbroken, but the first question that came into their minds and out of their mouths  was “…How on earth are you gay?”

                He’d always give them this one answer that somehow seemed to answer everything when in reality, it didn’t.

                “Byun Baekhyun.”

 

“WAIT. WHAT?!”

                “…I’m visiting your school on Friday,” Baekhyun repeated, not minding it. Although Chanyeol was a very avid talker, he wasn’t much of a listener.

                “You can’t!” Chanyeol shouted as quick as he possibly could. His body whipped around to face Baekhyun, staring him square in the eye.

                “…Why can’t I?”

                Um, because everybody thinks that you’re my boyfriend or something along the lines of that? Chanyeol mentally blabbered. “Because…Baekhyun – just don’t, okay? Please?”

                The older boy just sighed, rolling his eyes. “It isn’t a big deal, okay? We both know that your school’s stupid and everything –“

                “Please just don’t!” Chanyeol begged.

                “…Fine, I won’t,” Baekhyun casually said, following with a, “Don’t you have anything else to rant about today?”

                Chanyeol, letting out a super long sigh of relief, started talking about how yesterday at the store some idiotic person picked up an orange that he’d had his eyes on for the longest time.

                Sitting there and half listening, Baekhyun just smirked at how he’d surprise Chanyeol on that Friday.

 

The first time Chanyeol had learned he’d fallen in love with his shorter and much prettier best friend was when he’d gotten his first girlfriend.

                Baekhyun and the girl, Kristina, were on good terms with each other. The three actually hung out a lot more than Chanyeol had wanted them to, but he soon came to the realization that he was jealous for all the wrong reasons.

                Then on their two-year anniversary, Chanyeol had planned this entire party for her, bringing out flowers and candles and roses, which were actually flowers but a lot prettier, and fancy foods, everything a girl could ask for.

                She loved it more than anything, he could tell, but later on that night everything…well, basically, everything flopped.

                He tried to tell her that he loved her, something that they’d never said to each other before. Chanyeol wanted to hold her hand, look at her through the glowing shade of the candle, stare right into her expecting eyes and say “I love you”.

                But he didn’t. He couldn’t. No matter what he did, the “I love you” wouldn’t come out, and he ended up asking her if she wanted an extra serving of salad instead. Yeah, so smooth.

                And the next day, Park Chanyeol was single and moping in his room with nothing but tissues and Baekhyun’s shoulder to cry on.

                Then that’s when everything snapped.

                He hadn’t told Baekhyun how they broke up, but the older knew Chanyeol and didn’t bother to ask. Somehow, though, when Chanyeol was on his nineteenth box of tissues and still cuddled in Baekhyun’s warm arms, he said it.

                “I love you.”

                Baekhyun just smiled, patting Chanyeol’s head, and said it back as easily as the younger had confessed it.

                Then, eyes widening and a horrific look on his face, Chanyeol could remember every time he said “I love you” to Baekhyun. Every single time they departed Chanyeol would scream “KAY BYE BAEKHYUN SEE YOU LATER. I LOVE YOU!”, every single time they passed each other they’d exchange quick “Hi’s”, “How are you’s”, and then the bomb: I love you. It was practically nothing, yet Chanyeol only realized its importance on that day.

                The thing was, he didn’t even say “I love you” to his parents. Sure, he showed it through his little actions like all children did, but…he just…it felt weird to say it to his mom and dad.

                …In all honesty, they didn’t even do anything for him. Okay, except for his mom’s totally amazing action of giving birth to him and his father’s money. His dad was either at the work building or on business trips, and his mom was out hosting some women’s club that, yes, lasted all month long apparently. He’d learned not to question them.

                Then here was Byun Baekhyun, listening to every rant he had, offering bits and pieces of advice that actually never worked at all, giving him snacks when he’d asked for them, helped him with his homework, took him out to eat when he was craving something, and fed him when he was hungry, even when it was in the middle of the night.

                He did love Baekhyun, in every single humanly way possible, and he didn’t have a reason not to.

 

“Thank you,” Baekhyun bowed, taking the visitor’s sticker from the secretary. She just giggled, her cheeks reddening up at two young men that were exceptionally hot talking to her.

                “I told Hwayoung that I’d meet her around the lunch tables,” Sungjong told him when they’d reached the outside, looking through his phone. “Have fun, ‘kay? I’ll see you later!”

                “Wait – no!” Baekhyun growled, rolling his eyes as Sungjong ran off, leaving him in the middle of the unknown hallways. “Yeah, great, just ask me to come and leave me here. Now what do I do?”

                Knowing that nobody would answer him anyways, he just sighed and turned around, walking straight to absolutely nowhere.

                He started humming some unknown song that popped into his head, keeping a steady pace of walking when somebody crashed into him, the evident sound of books falling everything crashing around him.

                “Oh my God, I’m so sorry, I’ll help you –“ Baekhyun was cut off by the girl’s incredulous glare, snatching the bright pink journal from his hands.

                “What –“ He noticed that she wasn’t looking at him but rather somewhere else. Trailing her eyes, he looked down at his name tag. “Oh…yeah, hi, I’m Byun Baekhyun. I’m just visiting for today. I’m really sorry, I didn’t see you there!”

                Obviously fazed by the name, the girl just started stuffing the loose papers into her bag. “Of course you didn’t.”

                “What’s that supposed to mean?”

                “Nothing,” she huffed, attempting to stand up to no avail – she tripped over her skirt and went tumbling back down.

                The girl still reminded him of Chanyeol as Baekhyun stood up, sighing, and stuck out a hand to help her up. “At least tell me your name?”

                “Alice,” she snapped, still glaring at him. “And don’t act so nice-nice to me.”

                “Whoa!” He cried, letting go of her hand as he stepped back a bit. “I’m sorry, I was just trying to help, okay? Can you…can you at least tell me where Park Chanyeol is?”

                “Of course.” Alice crossed her arms and rolled her eyes. “Of course you’d ask about Chanyeol.”

                “…And what exactly is that supposed to mean?” Baekhyun raised his eyebrows, not understanding anything at all. “Look, if you’re some girlfriend of Chanyeol’s” not that he wouldn’t know, Chanyeol told him everything. Maybe relationships were an exception? “then I’m sorry, I’m just –“

                “Girlfriend?!” Alice scoffed, hanging slightly open. “I don’t know how late you are, but Chanyeol’s gay.”

                “Gay?” When exactly was this? Maybe he really was late. “Chanyeol?”

                “Don’t act all innocent, Chanyeol’s told us all about you!” She snapped. “You’re the reason my best friend was crying the entire last month! She amounts all this courage to tell her crush of four years that she loves him just to, what, get rejected ‘cause he has a boyfriend? Yeah!”

                “…What?” If there was an award for most confused, Baekhyun would’ve won it by now. “Chanyeol? Wait, what do I have to do with anything?”

                Yeah, so all of a sudden he made girls that he’d never even met cry for a month. That seemed to make complete, total sense to him.

                “Why don’t you ask your boyfriend that, huh!” Alice cried, making sure to shove into his shoulder before walking off in a very diva-ish, complete-and-utter turmoil way.

                And Baekhyun was still standing there trying to connect the pieces of the puzzle together, though about a million of them were missing, so he was still left there talking to himself when Chanyeol found him.

               

“I’m so confused!”

                “Yes, you’ve said that about ninety times,” Chanyeol rolled his eyes. The first sixty times he’d attempted to ask his best friend about what had happened, the next, he just gave up. He hadn’t even had time to murder him for coming to his school when he’d specifically told him not to.

                “But that girl –“ Baekhyun stopped for a second, thinking. “She said – I don’t – ugh! This is so confusing!”

                So far, all Chanyeol could get was that there was some girl that told Baekhyun something that confused him to no end.

                Fed up, Chanyeol turned to Baekhyun and said, “How about this? You tell me what she said, I’ll figure it out for you.”

                Baekhyun scrunched up his nose a bit before answering, “She said…she told me that you’re gay. Then she told me I made her best friend cry for a month, which is stupid because I haven’t even talked to any girls for the past year! Unless my mom counts. Then…then she told me to ask my boyfriend about something. Except I didn’t get what. And I don’t even have a boyfriend! I know I’m gay, and I have no idea how she knew that, but not all gay guys have boyfriends, okay?”

                He paused for a second, looking at Chanyeol. “Wait, you’re gay?!”

                The younger was just astonished that Baekhyun had managed to say all of that. “Is this what you feel like? When I talk nonstop?”

                “Feel like what? Burying my ears in a pile of sand? Yeah.”

                “…And you actually keep up with it?”

                “Well, yeah. You’re Chanyeol. I’ll keep up with anything for you,” Baekhyun told him, running his hands down his leg in confusion. “But you’re not helping me, okay? This is confusing!”

                Having Baekhyun say that, and especially right to his face, just made him want to cry in happiness. Run himself into a tree. Something to get rid of this completely giddy feeling in his heart that just ate him up from the inside.

                “Baekhyun…I love you, you know that?”

                “Yes!” The shorter boy whined, bouncing on the ground. “And I love you too, but that’s not really helping me –“

                “No, I love you.”

                “Chanyeol –“

                “I love you.”

                “Look –“

                “I love you.”

                “I know!” Baekhyun screamed, frustrated. “I know that you love me! It’s not helping my confusion, you know!”
                His patience level at a low minimum, Chanyeol came a little closer to where Baekhyun was sitting in the hallway. “Listen to me! I love you!”

                “I know –“ And then his face fell.

                Baekhyun’s eyes widened and his mouth formed into a small “o”.

                “Oh. Oh. You…love…me?”

                “Yes!” Chanyeol groaned, praising the Lords that Baekhyun finally caught on. “That’s what the girl was talking about! I rejected her best friend for you!”

                “But…why…me?” Baekhyun asked, his confusion slowly coming back.

                Throwing his face into his hands, Chanyeol let out a long scream. “You’re hopeless! You’re not supposed to ask that when somebody confesses to you!”

                “Then what am I supposed to do?” Baekhyun poked his best friend’s shoulder, forcing his hands to come off his face and look at him.

                “Oh, I don’t know, say I love you back to me!”

                “…But I did. I specifically said, I love you too. So you can’t go around telling me I’m doing it wrong!”

                “No, that’s different!” Chanyeol whined.

                “How is it ‘different’ then? I love you is I love you, friend or romantic or whatever.” Baekhyun stuck out his tongue just for good measure.

                Knowing that this was probably a very Baekhyun way of accepting his feelings and possibly even giving him his, Chanyeol smiled.

                “Just saying…you could’ve told me. Then I could’ve told you that I loved you back, and it wouldn’t be all weird, we’re practically already a couple anyways – hey, this was why you didn’t want me to come, right? You didn’t want me to know that you’ve been using me!”

                “What?” Chanyeol laughed, dragging the small boy over to him. “No! It was, like, predicting the future. Now, you’re welcome to come to my school anytime you want to. I can show you off to everybody!”

                “…You’re horrible, you know that?”

                “I’m completely awesome in every single way, yes, if that’s what you mean.”

 

Fourteen minutes later, they were still bickering. The little change was that they were kissing midway, making everything about fifty times harder to understand.

                “Remember –“ Chanyeol paused, his lips now on Baekhyun’s and his tongue somewhere lost in the older boy’s mouth “ – that time we went to the supermarket?”

                “What?” Baekhyun asked when they set apart for about two seconds. “Like, five weeks ago?”

                Chanyeol just nodded into the kiss, letting go just to say, “There was this lady that was checking you out, and I swear, I would’ve killed her if it wouldn’t have been too obvious that I had a crush on you.”

                Rolling his eyes, Baekhyun just pulled Chanyeol closer to him so he could have that little high of his best-friend-somehow-turned-love-of-life’s lips on his. “I’m going to have to hear rants about that for the next year, don’t I?”

                Laughing against Baekhyun’s lips, Chanyeol just muttered a little, “Yes.”

                Although being smaller, Baekhyun just forced himself a little harder onto Chanyeol to shut him up for at least this little span time.

 

SO HOW'D I DO.

/shot/

ugh i get it the ending's all off but c'mon I didn't know what to do D: did I get EXO's attitudes right, guise? Did I? Did I? No? alright...

HEY IT'S ALSO BEEN 888 DAYS WITH INFINITE.

888 DAYS SINCE INFINITE FCKING DEBUTED. HOLY FCKING CRAP GUISE. THIS IS BIG. THIS IS BIGGGGG.

woogyu chapter next<3333 ^^

I'm pissed right now 'cause my sister spilled fish sauce all over my pants. any viet people know nuoc mam and how horrible it smells. yeah. i'm gonna be reeking of the stuff for the next twenty years. woo. just. freaking. amazing.

have a great week guise~ eat lots of food ^^ just not fish sauce cause it stinks.

[[c:12]]