"First, Sungyeol, I Just Want to Say That I Love You..." [Your Choice based]

MyungYeol One-Shot Collection

 

OH OKAY SO HERE'S THE YOUR CHOICE-ISH CHAPTER :3 I've come to the realization that not everybody reading my oneshots has read my first story, so there aren't really any connections...except a little. This oneshot's still pretty understandable, though~ ;PP I tried to not spoil anything in this, so please don't mind it if there aren't any major details from YC. ;DD

OH. I should probably mention. YaDong have their own fruit shop in the middle of absolutely  nowhere. You know, those fruit stands in the middle of a freaking meadow of dirt? Yeah. Those. XDD

This is set about three months before chapter 49 :) (AKA three months before the very first 5-year timeskip)

“Sungyeol…wake up…”

               Squirming at bit at the sunlight directed into his eyes, Sungyeol yawned. “I don’t wanna.”

               There was a very distinct laugh, and he felt his arm being pulled. “Hurry up. We pick up Fei, who’s basically dying in her college class, go visit Hwayoung. Alright?”

               “I wanna sleep,” Sungyeol grumbled. His face was shoved deep into the pillow, refusing to budge.

               “If you don’t wake up, I’m not getting you coffee.”

              

“I still hate you.”

               “Of course you do,” Myungsoo said, stopping the car at a red light. He flashed a smile in Sungyeol’s direction, watching his boyfriend just huff at him.

               “You guys are adorable,” Fei sighed, her textbooks from the backseat. “I wish I could have a relationship like yours. But no, it’s all about school isn’t it? Seriously hating on life right now.”

               Starting the car again,  Myungsoo drove a few more miles until they reached the hospital, all with that awkward silence still lingering in the car.

               “Are Hoya and Dongwoo inside?” Fei asked, pushing the door open to get out. “Oh, and Woohyun and Sunggyu are there too, right? Because I am seriously not able to finish my homework without any help.”

               “Just BS all of it,” Sungyeol advised. “That’s what I did all through college. That, and copy off of Myungsoo’s work.”

               “Ha-ha, you’re funny.” Myungsoo shoved Sungyeol’s shoulder, forcing him out the door so that he could lock the car.

               “I wanted to bring some cakes for Sungjong and Suzy, but I didn’t have time to go buy anything. Besides, the only flavors they had was strawberry, and I kinda figured that it wasn’t really a good idea to get that.”

               Sungyeol’s eyebrows furrowed, grabbing onto Myungsoo’s free elbow. “Jongie’s not okay, is he?”

               “Good job on noticing!” Myungsoo congratulated him sarcastically. “He hasn’t been fine for a while, I hope you realize that.”

               “No, I mean…” Sungyeol stopped, figuring that it wasn’t too good of an idea to say what Sungjong had told him a few years back out loud. “Never mind…”

 

“How’s the shop?” Sungjong asked, pushing himself away from Hwayoung’s bed. “I heard that you guys are gaining more customers.”

               Dongwoo nodded, more excited than ever. “Seriously! And, we’re thinking of building our own apartment next to it, since the shop’s so far away from where we live. They said it’d take about two  months to finish it, but that’s fine! Right, Hoya?”

               Smiling, Hoya nodded. “Yeah! We’d love to have you guys over when it’s finished. I mean, like, Hwayoung obviously can’t go, but you know, like…” He stopped, realizing that he was only making it worse.

               “No, it’s fine,” Sungjong coughed. “I’d love to go visit your new house in the middle of completely and absolutely nowhere. It’d be pretty cool.”

               After sending a nice, long glare in Hoya’s direction, Dongwoo nodded and was going to say something about how their shop and future home was not, in any way possible, in the middle of ‘nowhere’ when a loud shout was heard.

               “I’M HERE! WHO MISSED ME?”

               “NOBODY!” Sungjong screamed back.

               “You guys are all just mean,” Sungyeol pouted, walking in only to plop into the seat on the right of Hwayoung.

               “Hey,” Fei greeted, walking over to Sungjong’s side to sit next to the sleeping Suzy. “Heard that she’s been getting into the mess of boys lately.”

               “Suzy?” Sungjong sighed, turning to observe his daughter. “She’s…she’s only 15! Even Myungsoo and Sungyeol weren’t fifteen when they met.”

               “17,” Myungsoo piped in. “I’ve been stuck to this ‘tard for 5 years. Seriously.”

               “Hey, hey, hey. My awesomeness rubbed off on you, don’t act like it’s such a bad thing.” Sungyeol looked up at the clock, then back at his boyfriend. “Darn it. We’ve only been here three minutes. Okay, gotta go, needa go get some new stuff for our house. We’ll be back in a few hours to pick up Fei, alright?”

               “Oh! Right!” Sungjong jumped up, a bit excited. “I was wondering how your new house was! Dongwoo and Hoya hyung were just talking about how they wanted to build one next to their shop.”

               “And possibly get a kid!” Dongwoo intercepted, only to get a ‘you can’t even take care of yourself, how on earth are you going to take care of a kid?!’ look from Hoya.

               “Maybe in five years,” Hoya nodded. He pointed to the door, urging Myungsoo and Sungyeol to go. ‘Or a million,’ he mouthed.

               “KAY BYE GUYS!” Sungyeol shouted, dragging a chuckling Myungsoo out of the room. “I wonder how Sungjong stands it.”

               “Stands what?”

               “Hwayoung being…like…that.”

               “He’s strong,” Myungsoo shrugged. “I mean, if that were you, I probably would’ve gone crazy and jumped off of a cliff or something. I don’t even know what’d I’d do, seriously.”

               “Hmm, somehow, I can’t imagine the great Kim Myungsoo going crazy.”

               “Don’t make everybody else have to live it, then.”

              

“You know what’d be perfect, Myungie?”

               “Yeah?” Myungsoo said, walking back to admire his work from afar. So far, they’d gotten two white couches and a pink one (courtesy of Lee Sungyeol) , a little brown coffee table in the center, and a fluffy black mat (courtesy of Kim Myungsoo) underneath it all.

               “If we got married,” Sungyeol said, jumping onto his personalized hot pink couch.

               Myungsoo looked at his boyfriend, trying to figure out whether or not the older boy was joking. “Yeah, right.”

               “No, I’m serious. We  moved in together, right? So we should eventually get married.”

               “Oh, no. Moving in together does not mean getting married. You’re taking this too far, Sungyeol.”

               Seeing the obvious look of fright on Myungsoo’s face, Sungyeol tried to rethink about what he’d just said. “I dunno. I just thought it’d be nice.”

               “Getting married isn’t nice.”

               “No, I’m talking about…aish, never mind.” Sungyeol tried to see if Myungsoo had gotten any better (he didn’t), and beckoned him to sit next to him on the couch. “You wanna know what Jongie told me a while back?”

               Relieved that Sungyeol had dropped the topic of marriage, Myungsoo walked a bit over to join the choding on his highlighter pink couch. “What?”

               “He said that when he was 21, he wanted to run away and get eloped with the one person he loved. And if he didn’t love anybody yet, he’d force me to do it with him.”

               “…Was that supposed to threaten me? Like, if I don’t marry you, you’d run away and get eloped with Sungjong?”

               “What?! No. He has Hwayoung, for Pete’s sake! I’m just saying…he was, like, fifteen when he told me that. And you wanna know what I thought about it?”

               No, not really. “What’d you think about it?”

               “I thought it was stupid. Not only because it had me involved in it, but why the freak would he want to do that, loving the person or not? But then now…”

               “Now?”

               “I admire him for his bravery. Like…I don’t know, it feels nice. To be so in love you’d be fine with running away to Las Vegas and getting married in four minutes.”

               “Don’t tell me…”

               “Myungsoo, please. Please?”

               Myungsoo grumbled something that wasn’t exactly audible, causing Sungyeol to question him. He then cleared his throat, saying, “I’ll think about it.”

 

The worst thing about what Sungyeol did, was that now, if Myungsoo did ever try to ask Sungyeol to marry him, everything would be spoiled because Sungyeol wanted to get married.

               So basically, everything had to turned upside down for this to work out perfectly.

               First of all, Sungyeol loved big, outraged things. He wanted to make a big deal out of everything, so he’d love a big proposal with a flash mob and fireworks and explosions that were big enough to cause a massacre.

               But, the thing was, Sungyeol knew that Myungsoo was shy. That the younger boy would rather crawl into a hole and die than asked for a dance in public. So Sungyeol would expect a calm, nice dinner with a rose in a sophisticated restaurant where everybody was too rich to even care what they were doing and look their way.

               Thus meaning, the way Myungsoo would propose was going to be with, and only with, a flash mob and fireworks and explosions big enough to cause a massacre.

               Then second: Sungyeol would want a ring bigger than the moon itself. Probably with the craving “Lee Sungyeol & Kim Myungsoo forever” filled in with gold.

               Sungyeol had in his mind, though, that Myungsoo preferred simple things that didn’t cost as much.

               So basically, Myungsoo had a ring set: one that was bigger than the moon itself with the craving “Lee Sungyeol & Kim Myungsoo forever”, yes, filled in with pure gold.

               He’d propose on the rooftop of the hospital (mainly because it’d been a big milestone for them, and bring back good/totally-horrid-unthinkable-about memories) with a gigantic hoard of people underneath dancing to some ancient Korean song about getting married early, he wasn’t all too sure,

               This, in every single way possible, was going to be perfect.

 

“I thought it over, Myungie.”

               “Thought what over?” Myungsoo perked up. He’d been jumpy ever since he booked the set of people for the proposal flash mob.

               “The marriage thingy.” Sungyeol played with his chopsticks a bit before sticking them back into his rice. “You’re right. I was probably thinking too far ahead, or whatever. It’d be better not to get married in a while, right? I’m sorry I pressured you to, honestly. I was too caught up with myself to even think about how you felt.”

               Myungsoo’s hand froze, completely dumbfounded. What had just happened.

               “Well, I’m going to get going to work now,” Sungyeol said, pushing his chair back to stand up and put his dish in the sink.

               Knowing Sungyeol’s attitude like the back of his hand, Myungsoo could tell that his hyung had been thinking about this for hours last night. Maybe that was why the body next to his had been rolling around every four seconds – and here he was, thinking that it was mere insomnia.

               Sungyeol left him with a somewhat uncomfortable “I love you, food’s in the fridge if you come back early.”

               Myungsoo was left at the table by himself, his grin widening a bit more. Perfect.

               So this time, Sungyeol would actually be surprised.

 

“NO! NO!” Myungsoo shouted over the phone, groaning. “Seriously, now?!”

               “I’m sorry,” the man on the other line said. “We discovered there was a gas leak, and everybody from the hospital had to be evacuated. The roof won’t be eligible for use.”

               Making a mental note to go check up on Hwayoung, Woohyun, and Sunggyu, Myungsoo nodded. “…Fine…”

               “But sir, I really do apologize. But we…we can’t do anything about it at the time.”

               “Oh – alright…wait, give me a second. I have another call lining up.”

               The receptionist said okay, and was put on hold.

               Four hours later, he was still on hold. Nobody had even picked up again.

 

“The worst things happen to me…” Myungsoo cried as he sat at his table, moping. “Why…”

               His plan was ruined. No setting, no flash mob, no firecrackers and fireworks and gigantic explosions. Everything was ruined.

               the drunk driver that had run into the bus filled with the dancers. Not only did you harm a ton of people, but you just ruined Kim Myungsoo’s proposal.

               When his cell phone rang, Myungsoo was almost prepared for the call.

               “Ring’s probably not able to be made, right?”

               “What – sir, how’d you know?”

               Myungsoo screamed again, pounding his had into the corner of the table. “What, you ran out of gold?”

               “Well, no, it’s mainly because it can’t be made by today. We’ve just discovered our long waiting list and we have to deliver those before yours. I’m so, so sorry sir. Please forgive us.”

               “It’s…fine…” Myungsoo nearly sobbed out, his dear, dear tears of hard work threatening to fall. “I can…just…never mind.”

 

When Sungyeol had come back home, he’d felt like drowning himself into a hot, hot tub and Myungsoo.

               But apparently, Myungsoo had different ideas. He “didn’t want Sungyeol to starve, so dinner was already set”.

               No matter how much he refused to eat, Myungsoo pulled him over to their dinner table.

               “Raymun?...This is the ‘healthy, hearty meal’ for an overworked person?” Sungyeol looked at his boyfriend skeptically before sighing, throwing his bag to the side, and sitting down. “Whatever, I’m hungry. I’ll eat anything.”

               Myungsoo wanted to cry, watching his amazing proposal night break down before his eyes. Okay, so they just moved in and the only food he could make on a whim was raymun. Besides, he’d eaten all the food Sungyeol saved for him during his frantic conversation with the flash mob people’s boss.

               “You know what would energize you, Yeollie?” Myungsoo asked, watching as his tired boyfriend slurped up the noodles.

               “Hmm?”

               “Candy.”

               Sungyeol bit the row of noodles that were coming up, and looked at Myungsoo. “You have candy for me? Really?”

               He’d known that Myungsoo hated giving him candy because apparently it would “rot his perfect teeth”, so the younger boy offering him something as unhealthy as that meant something big, all on its own.

               Slowly nodding, Myungsoo stood up and walked over to Sungyeol’s side. His hand was clenching on his right pocket, nervous.

               “First, Sungyeol, I just want to say that I love you. Thank you…thank you so much for keeping up with me being L when we first met. Thank you for being there with me throughout the journey with that . Thank you for trusting me, thank you for being there with me. Thank you…for listening to me and running when I told you to. Thank you for helping me when I was sick that one day in the 11th grade. Thank you for always being there when I needed somebody to talk to and cry to, thank you for being there with Fei. Thank you for getting lost that one day in the woods, because without it, I don’t think I would’ve discovered how much you meant to me – both times. Thank you for understanding me, and especially…thank you for loving me, Lee Sungyeol.                You’re the most amazing person in the world, you’re the greatest boyfriend, and you’re just perfect.”

               Sungyeol swallowed the chunk in his throat, his eyes already brimmed up with tears. “M-Myungsoo, what’s wrong with – oh, oh…”

               Bending down, Myungsoo held the Ring Pop in his hands. “Lee Sungyeol, would you please, please marry me?”

               “Oh my God, Myungsoo…”

               “I know, I could’ve done a lot better, but you know…you love candy, and this is edible, and…my God, what was I thinking with this. I’m so stupid –“

               “No, it’s perfect,” Sungyeol coughed, his face completely covered with salty water – his tears. He took the Ring Pop from Myungsoo’s hands, looking at it. “This is so you, Myungsoo. And it’s perfect.”

               “The real ring will come soon,” Myungsoo tried. Sungyeol just smiled at him, admiring how pretty the pink candy was.

               “No ring will be as good as this one.” Sungyeol laughed, putting it on his finger. “No, I’m serious. This is gonna be the most yummy one.”

               “Oh, I thought I was the only yummy one.”

               “You are,” Sungyeol laughed, bending down to finally kiss his most perfect, most aweshumest, just amazing boyfriend.

              

Please tell me y'all know what a Ring Pop is. They're probably the best thing in the freaking world.

It's basically a candy perched ontop of a ring, and they're amazing.

These epic things. Probably the greatest candy ever invented, seriously. ♥

D: wanted to cry writing the proposal, lol. All my memories of writing YC during the summer are coming back to me. LOL HEY YC READERS, DON'T YOU LOVE HOW I DIDN'T SPOIL ANYTHING? :DDDD I DIDN'T EVEN SAY HOW HWAYOUNG WAS DOING. OR OR OR THE . OR ANYTHING :D aigoo, so proud of myself lol. 

And YaDong's thing. It's ironic, because in the story, five years later, they do have a kid♥ His name's Dongya, and Hwayoung named him ^^

OMFG YOU GUISE I'M AT 48 SUBS FOR THIS. OMFG. I SERIOUSLY DIDN'T THINK I'D GET THIS MUCH. OMFG.

hey, two more, and I'll get to 50 ;D I'm thinking of a special chapter if I do~ what would you guys like? ^^ hehe~ THANK YOU AND BYEBYE!! HOPE YOU HAD A GREAT THURSDAY♥