It'd Been Months [YaDong Special]

MyungYeol One-Shot Collection

 

yaDong for my elephant/failedwaifu BalancedCuppycake<3. and because infinite h. though i'm probably too late to start the debut celebration, eh? XD

so um first i'm just gonna apologize because this is actually very ty. i wrote it on my ipod while we were waiting in line to eat at A STUPID RESTAURANT THAT DIDN'T EVEN SERVE APPLE JUICE (*cough*brodard*cough*) so yeah i hope that explains the un-evieish formatting. and my laptop crashed on my so i'm using my sister's and if you know 13-year olds omfg they are so ing territorial about their stuff so it takes me like a decade to finally get to use it.

so yeah. apology placed. read on and i'll rant laters. 

Even though it'd been months since Dongwoo last visited his hometown, he still remembered it as clear as day (if the day was even clear. Because you know. There were stormy days, too). Especially that one place where he basically grew up in – the dance studio.

Unlike the majority if the kids there, his aim wasn't towards fame and stardom. Heck, if anybody asked, he'd place himself as one of the worst there. The reason he was remembered, though, was because if his attitude. The way he persuaded others to aim for nothing but their best, the way he tried hard even when he was visibly failing.

"You should drop by sometime while you're here," Sunggyu, the head of the studio (even though dancing wasn't his forte. It was originally owned by his uncle, only to be handed down to him)  had told him over the phone.

"Visiting the studio is one of the reasons I'm coming back," Dongwoo snorted as he put the milk carton back into the fridge. After taking a large gulp of his cup, he resumed to speaking. "I'd be pretty hurt if you didn't invite me over."

Sunggyu let out a nervous laugh, then said, "Well, yeah, a ton of the guys back in our time have left.  Oh - but you remember Sungyeol? The kid that always stood in the back for our dances because he was like super tall?"

"Yeah," Dongwoo replied because who could actually forget Lee Sungyeol?

"His little brother's here. Lee Daeyeol. And he's actually pretty good."

"Not as clumsy as his older brother?"

"Definitely not," Sunggyu laughed. "But we have had a lot of new kids over the time. Oh right, and I talked to my uncle about the age thing. The young ones back in our time are gonna be transferred to a level above the little ones now."

"Ah...well, not too surprised. I heard how popular the studio's been getting. Hey, if you did do the age-level separation, who's the current too if the top one?"

At the sound of the question, Sunggyu chuckled slightly. "Oh, you wouldn't believe it even if I showed you."

Confused, Dongwoo set down his cup of milk and leaned against the wall, putting his left hand between his right arm and hip, holding the cell phone closer to his ear. "Huh? Why not?"

"Because you will never guess who it is. Just come to the studio, Dongwoo. You can see for yourself."

The first time Dongwoo had met Lee Howon was back in the sixth grade when the younger boy was only in the fourth grade. And no offense (and by this, offenseoffenseoffense), Howon was probably one of the crabbiest kid anybody had ever met. He's whine and cry and beg and stomp and then when all of that was over, he'd place himself in the corner and refuse to speak to anybody.

Like seriously, who would want to befriend a kid like that? One that continuously complained about being thrown in a dance studio and about how stupid and lame dancing was when he was in the actual studio.

But lucky for him, Jang Dongwoo wasn't too particularly picky about who his friends were. Actually, he was probably more than liable to become friends with everybody in the freaking planet. And Howon didn't like that. Because he was a crabby kid, remember?

"Why are you always so mad?" were the first words that fell out of sixth-grade Dongwoo's lips when he first approached Howon.

"Because I don't want to be here," the younger boy grumbled.

"But why don't you want to be here?" Dongwoo questioned, leaning down in his knees to face the sitting boy. "Dancing's fun!"

"Only because you're good at it."

"Me? Good?" Dongwoo scoffed, sliding his water bottle between his palms. Then, he shrugged. "Maybe. I guess so. But only because I have fun doing it...you'd be really good if you had fun and tried, too?"

"That sounds stupid. I'm not gonna have fun anyways. I just want to go home.”

The older boy sighed, sitting completely down on his bottom. "You have to at least try.”

Howon raised his eyebrows before sliding back into the corner if the studio. "Can you, like, leave me alone please."

"Nope, not until you get up and come try!”

"I don't want to. Now can you please leave me alone."

"That's no excuse!" sixth-grade Dongwoo pouted. "C'mon, it'll be fun! I promise!"

Well, yeah, long story short; after experiencing sliding across the floor for the first time, Howon also experienced his first broken ankle.

How much flippin' fun was that.

When Dongwoo's mom informed him that they were moving, Howon still hadn't returned to the dance studio yet. The sixth grader was beginning to feel guilty because one, it was his freaking fault and two, because he never really did get to fulfill his personal goal of teaching Howon that dancing wasn't all about breaking bones and crying but, hey, dancing was a pretty vigorous sport after all (if you're one if the people that consider dancing a sport, that is).

After he'd packed all of his belongings, Dongwoo begged his mom to drive him to the studio where he said his goodbyes and stole Howon's address.

What. He had to say sorry somehow, and he didn't know anywhere else to get the friendless boy's address. Because, you know. He was friendless.

At first, Dongwoo's mom had been against driving her son to an unknown boy's house, but in the end she agreed to because, after all, she was the one forcing Dongwoo to move.

Dongwoo had bid his mom goodbye, telling her to go and trust him. Since it was his last week in the city, she decided to agree with him.

He knocked on the door and took a few steps back, balancing on the heels of his feet as he waited for somebody to open the door.

"I'M GETTING IT!" a voice screamed from inside, and dongwoo was revealed to a woman in a dress, hair tied up in a bun and an apron strapped across her body.

"Why hello there," she smiled, opening the door a little wider. "and who might you be?"

"U-um, I'm Jang Dongwoo. a friend of Howon's. I was wondering if he was home."

"Howon? of course." She grinned one more time, then turned her back to shout, "HOWONNNNN THERE'S SOMEONE AT THE DOOR FOR YOU."

There was a little crash from upstairs, a few thumps and screams, then a familiar face tumbling down the stairs with crutches underneath.

"Yes umma -" Howon paused, and the first bright look that Dongwoo had ever seen on him fell. "oh. it's you."

"Yeah...it's me," Dongwoo nodded, a bit frightened.

Noticing the tension between the two elementary school kids, Howon's mom clapped her hands together and beckoned for Dongwoo to come in.

"Honey, how about you take your friend to the backyard. I'll be out with cookies for you two, alright?"

Howon had that you don't deserve cookies look on his face, but still turned around and nodded towards the back door as if telling Dongwoo to follow him.

When the two were rested outside, Howon on the bench and Dongwoo on ground in front of him, the younger boy asked, "what are you doing here?"

"I wanted to say sorry?" Dongwoo tried, obviously unsure of himself.

"If you wanted to say sorry, you would've done it two weeks ago."

Keeping his eyes on the grass and playing with his fingers, Dongwoo bit his bottom lip. "well, I'm actually -"

"Cookies!" that female voice cried out, and Howon's mom sauntered out from the kitchen with a tray if cookies on her hand."

Dongwoo looked up directly in front of him and saw Howon beaming, his white teeth showing as he reached out his little hands for his mom's plate of cookies.

"Be nice, okay?" she reminded her son, putting the desserts beside him on the bench and ruffling his brown hair.

Before Howon could protest that he was always nice, his mom had already disappeared back into the kitchen and the boy resolved to eat a cookie instead.

"Why aren't you always like this?" Dongwoo asked despite his mind telling him not to.

"Always like what?" Howon asked through little bites, the light on his face still lingering there.

"...I don't know," the older boy shrugged. "happy, I guess. you're always so...mad.”

Howon just took in a deep breath and dived for another cookie. "I dunno. I just don't like going to the dance studio, I guess."

And Dongwoo could only cringe because that went against everything he had come here for.

Which was..."Um. about why i'm here..."

"Oh, yeah. what about that?"

"I'm moving."

It took Howon about forty seconds to fully digest the news, choking on his cookie midway. "W-what?"

"I'm moving because of my mom's job. And my dad lives where we're going to, so it's kinda inevitable that I have to leave."

"Oh," Howon sighed dejectedly. "Well then. um. the studio's gonna be really quiet without you. though i don't really know if that's a good thing or a bad thing."

Dongwoo only laughed, reaching for a cookie because Howon was being too conflicted to be territorial. "well...I have a favor to ask of you."

The younger boy snapped back to reality, but now he was too curious to notice his stolen cookie. "What?"

"I wanted to stay back and help you learn to love dancing as much as I do...but the thing is, I can't really. So do my a huge favor and...teach yourself. How to love dancing."

"...You're telling me to love something that caused this?" Howon raised his eyebrows and motioned down to his leg, which was trapped in a cast.

"Don't worry, I swear you will. you just need a little push and here I am to give it to you!"

Howon shifted his body a bit on the bench, and took another cookie. "I..."

"Think of it as a goodbye present," Dongwoo blurted out. "Yeah. I'll be back soon, real soon, so by the time I come back, you better be breathtaking."

Biting into his cookie cautiously, Howon sank deeper onto the bench. He tried thinking about reasons to refuse, one being that it caused him to ing break his ing ankle...but for some reason, he couldn't say it aloud. And besides, all that was even in his mind was Dongwoo's 'favor'. Dongwoo, the only guy that dared to approach him in the dance studio, Dongwoo, probably the only kid in the dancing hell that didn't have his motives set on being the most famous dancer in the world, Dongwoo, the...well, Dongwoo, the smiling angel of the place.

"I'll...try."

"You know, I'm actually not that surprised."

"Not?" Sunggyu repeated, his eyebrows reaching the roof. “How can you...not? I mean, when I came back two years ago, I had to like clean out my eyes to make sure I was seeing right."

Before Dongwoo could reply, the song halted from inside the practice room and narrowed eyes glared at him.

"You are such an , i hope you know that," Howon hissed between clenched teeth as he walked forward to the two, idly grabbing a towel to wipe away his sweat.

"So you're even more angry five years later," Dongwoo laughed even though his instincts told him to run.

Sunggyu only blinked about four times before saying, "now, now, you two -"

"I bet Sunggyu hyung told you I kept up my end of the 'favor' you asked from me," Howon glared. "but the last time I checked, five years was not 'soon'."

"...Yeah, um, I think my boyfriend's calling me so um I have to go - coming, Woohyun!" Sunggyu screeched before dashing off to the other end of the dance studio.

Dongwoo looked off at Sunggyu's running figure, then turned back. "So, long time no see, Howon."

"It's Hoya now," Howon corrected, "but you wouldn't know that since you haven't been here for THE PAST FIVE YEARS."

Dongwoo simply smiled because honestly, he hadn't realized how much he'd missed this kid until now.

"You're really good," he said in fail attempt to change the subject. “Like, really good."

"Oh c'mon, seriously. You come back five years and that's the best thing you can say to me? How about a 'sorry, Hoya, that I made you work your off but never came back to see you anyways'?"

Dongwoo kept his smile and walked away a bit, looking around the practice room as he paced the perimeter of it. "That just means I'm pretty good at this shadow thing."

"...What?" The fury from Hoya’s face dropped for a midsecond as he attempted to regard what Dongwoo had just said.

"I didn't expect you to do so well only four months later," Dongwoo continued on, completely ignoring Hoya. "That probably just means you're a natural born dancer."

"...Four months?" Hoya asked, his voice soft all of a sudden. "Four months after you left - wait, that was my first recital! But how on earth would you know? Unless…unless. Wait, you were there?!”

Shrugging, Dongwoo then said, "I liked the second to last one the best. remember that? 'This is dedicated to my Dongwoo hyung' -"

"You weren't supposed to be there!" Hoya hissed, his cheeks reddening at the memory. “Or the first one, either!”

" - 'who isn't here at the moment, but I just need to remind myself that I'm doing this for him' - "

"Did you seriously come to all my performances?!"

"Sungyeol's little brother kept me in schedule. I collected the ticket stubs, if you want proof."

Hoya felt the confidence that'd grown through the years shrivel up into a pile of nothing and he just gaped, jaw very close to the ground. "You're kidding me."

"Well, seeing as I just told you I wasn't...no, I’m actually not."

"But...why?"

"I told you I would be back soon, didn't I? So I didn't break any promises."

Hoya proceeded to play with his fingers, staring down towards the end of his shorts and the ground. "Then why show yourself now?"

Dongwoo let out a little side smile, settling down to sit in a little corner. "Two reasons, though most if it's because of you."

"...What?"

"I’m moving back here, for good. Mostly because I can't stand driving in a car for two hours just to watch you for one. And in that one hour, the only thing spinning through my head is that you're not mine. Can't stand that. At all. So I decided to do something about it."

Hoya's awestruck face stayed frozen and his mind had a temporary flashback about this feeling five years ago. But this time, he’d managed to grown a little smarter and a little more aware of what emotion was what, and instead allowed a gentle smile to slip on his lips as he walked forward.

 

the title/first sentence were supposed to form some kind of thing in your mind because it had only been months since dongwoo left his hometown but everybody's saying it's been five years. yeah.

and before i get to anything, can i please just say something? all of you, listen. so i've been going through some major at school and i want to tell you that words do ing hurt, alright. honestly, think before you say something. just stop for a second and think about how messed up you're going to make that person before you say it to their face. and if you think you're good enough to go around ting about everybody behind their back, you're a ing idiot that deserves to die in a pit of rotten marshmallows. and if you want to say something awful and spread rumors about people that you don't even know, get to know them first. then you can decide whether or not it's right to start saying bull about them all over the ing school. it makes absolutely NO ING SENSE to say that you hate someone and they deserve to die when you don't even know them. okay? okay. and by the way, just an addition, don't bully people. i'm serious. even when you think they're your 'friend' and it's for 'fun', please establish that first. otherwise, you're just a messed up . think before you act, think before you talk, because if you don't, you're just a goddamn idiot. don't hurt people, emotionally moreover physically. just don't. it hurts, okay, it really does and i don't want anybody having to go through it. 

well herpity derp there goes my influential talk for the millenia.

NOW ONTO THIS STARE AT IT AND CRY BEAUTIFUL TEARS OF PERFECTION.

i wish i could say it was mines BUT NO IT WAS MY FRIEND'S BUT I WAS THERE WHEN SHE OPENED IT<3 urgh i hate her right now. she's been whining for days that "the poster's wrinkled" and i'm like BE GRATEFUL YOU EVEN HAVE A POSTER.

crying okay. lol i have nothing left to say but HEY GUISE I REACHED 100 SUBS OMFG WHO WANTS TO CRY WITH ME.

AND GUESS WHAT ELSE. 

I GOT TO 400 OVERALL SUBS CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT?! I can't lol so yeah you're all invited to my like billionth funeral.

and um once again sorry for the oneshot. i was like depressed for days okay lol don't expect depressed people to write good. i'm just trying to happy myself up so that i don't get signed up for unwated counseling sessions 8D

okay bye i love you guise a lot okay okay okay okay bye<3 

[[c:16]]