"You Are My Shunshine." [Woogyu special]

MyungYeol One-Shot Collection

 

This was originally actually supposed to be about Sunggyu's beautiful case of cynophobia (we were gonna connect on it 'cause you know. I suffer from it, too. a really bad case of it) but after watching Sunggyu's MV teaser I was like WHAT HEY I AM FREAKING DOING IT ON THIS NO MATTER WHAT ANYBODY SAYS. Cynophobia'll be sometime later~  for inspirit-kay♥

featuring a lot of sungyeol for some reason. myungyeol too. and somewhat pieces of yadong. 'kayyeah.

“Say it again,” Woohyun pestered, shaking Sunggyu’s knee for the millionth time.

               “No. You just keep making fun of me.”

               “I’m not!” Against his will, the younger laughed, earning  an unnecessary glare. “Your voice is absolutely beautiful and I want to hear it, alright?”

               Sunggyu huffed at the complimenting, his cheeks a bit red. “Fine. Don’t laugh though.”

               “I won’t! Stop thinking that I will!”

               With one last glance at Woohyun, Sunggyu breathed in and started. “You are my shunshine, my only shunshine –“

               “I’M SORRY STOP I CAN’T TAKE THIS ANYMORE!” Woohyun screamed, throwing his head back and laughing.

               “It’s not funny!” Sunggyu whined, turning the other way. “Gosh! You couldn’t do any better!”

               “That’s why I don’t sing in English, genius,” Woohyun said through little halts of laughter.

 

I’m his sunshine, Woohyun told himself again. I’m his only sunshine. I make him happy when skies are gray…

               He kept doing it over and over in his head until he was nearly 100% sure he sounded stupid. “I don’t know how Sungyeol stands this…”

               Sure, he was in a drama. But that was, like, a side cameo. This time, his boyfriend was literally going on and debuting as a solo without him! Not that solos could debut with other people, that wouldn’t even make sense.

               Maybe it was revenge…because Woohyun was spending all his time on the set of his drama? That honestly didn’t seem likely, not for Sunggyu. This was something the older had wanted bad, and it left Woohyun with nothing but an empty bed to stare at.

               Then what made it worse? Woolliment decided to go on and cast Myungsoo for the role in the music video! Uh, who was Sunggyu’s boyfriend that just happened to be a totally awesome actor? Him!

               Jealousy what? Sungjong had tried to tell him that a while ago but it only resulted in him shoving the maknae in his room and locking the door.

               He wasn’t jealous. If anything, he was just the tiniest bit frustrated with the fact that his and Sunggyu’s schedules clashed against once another. When Woohyun was at the dorm, Sunggyu was out practicing like crazy or shooting his music video. When Sunggyu was at the dorm, Woohyun was out filming his drama.

               It was like fate refused for them to see each other. If there was even a fate in this messed up relationship.

               “It isn’t messed up!” Woohyun scowled, telling himself not to think so stupidly negative. His hands found their way to pound his head, but realized that it was probably negative infinity degrees outside the confinements of his cozy blankets. It was winter and nearly freezing outside, honestly.

               Too bad the bed beside his was just as cold as the weather outside.

 

“Woohyun…Woohyun-ah…”

               Shivering a bit in his sleep, Woohyun forced himself awake to stare at his manager. “What…?”

               “We have to go now. Shh…be quiet, Sunggyu’s still asleep. He just got back and he’s really tired, so try not to make a ton of  noise, okay?”

               Without thinking, Woohyun just nodded and sat up, still a bit dazed at his surroundings. He heard the door close and the little sliver of light from outside disappeared along with it.

               He grabbed his phone, pulling the charging chord out along with it. Changing his clothes wasn’t a big deal, he’d change in the car or at the set. Please, even the crew members wore their pajamas there.

               The fact that his bedroom was completely dark and freezing, Woohyun kicked his bed on the mattress beside his by accident. He stepped back a little, whining something crazy about his elbow hurting.

               He heard something whimper on the bed, then fall back. Woohyun bit his lips to force the saddened smile from appearing.

               It was probably already four in the morning, and if Sunggyu had just gotten back and he’d have to wake up at 6…that was about two hours of sleep right there.

               He wished, he really, really, did, that there was a way he could channel his useless energy into Sunggyu’s body. His boyfriend was literally living on a cabinet full of pills and to have to force himself to sleep only 1-2 hours everyday during the coldest season of the year…then having to wake up to work, train, eat for about 15 minutes, work, train, going on forever like that…how did Sunggyu even stand that?

               And the worst part of it all, he was doing it alone. He had dancers, choreographers, tons of people with him, but there wasn’t anybody going through the same feelings he was.

               Woohyun swallowed again, turning his phone around so that the light wouldn’t shine of Sunggyu’s sleeping face. He tried to at least let out a quick “Bye” or “Good luck”, but nothing seemed to come out.

               It wasn’t like he could’ve done anything to stop he latter from going solo, or pushing himself this hard. Heck, he supported Sunggyu more than anything, and he knew that the leader of Infinite was completely capable of doing all of it.

               He just couldn’t help but be so worried, that most horrible part. He shouldn’t have been worried, he should’ve trust that Sunggyu could manage this all on his own.

               Letting out a very silent and entirely mental “I love you”, Woohyun slipped out the door.

 

“WHY IS THERE NO SIGNAL HERE?!” Sunggyu screamed, his voice not going this high since his recording.

               “We’re in a tunnel, hyung,” Myungsoo rolled his eyes. “Do you expect your phone to work?”

               “But…I need to send my check-up message to Woohyun!”

               “..Check-up message?”

               “Okay, fine, I don’t send check-up messages,” Sunggyu admitted, plopping himself on the seat across from Myungsoo. “I just…I haven’t talked to Woohyun for two days and a half! I haven’t even seen his face, and no, Myungsoo, a digital picture does not count!”

               “…Two days and a half, hyung. That honestly isn’t a lot.” Myungsoo bit another piece of his bread, checking that they had about six minutes left of their break before resuming to filming.

               “It’s like being away from Sungyeol for two days and a half –“

               “I was away from him for three weeks in Japan, hyung.”

               Sunggyu rolled his eyes, knowing that the little brat would’ve used that as an excuse. “Woohyun isn’t Sungyeol, you have to realize that, okay? I was just using it as an analogy, gosh. Do you even know how doubtful Woohyun gets? I’m just scared that –“

               “If you don’t want him to doubt you, then don’t doubt him! It’s not that hard, okay? He’s just a little…how do you say this…depressed? No, that’s not right. Like…like…confused?”

               “How would you know how he felt?”

               “I don’t! Just…think about how you felt all those nights when he was out filming. That’s basically how he feels right now, just make that about a billion times worse.”

               “You’re not helping, I hope you know that.”

               “At least I got you to smile?” Myungsoo shrugged, handing Sunggyu his phone. “Let’s go, we’re expected to be there in half a minute.”

               Killing himself over for not having signal in the stupid tunnel, Sunggyu just followed Myungsoo as the younger boy walked to the main set.

 

“Hyung.”

               He groaned, rolling his eyes and deciding to try again. “Hyung.”

               Nothing. Since when had Woohyun gotten this sleep-deprived? “Hyung!”

               Knowing full well again that his hyung wasn’t going to wake up, Sungyeol grabbed the back of Woohyun’s head and knocked it against the dressing room chair.

               “YAH –“ Woohyun stopped for a moment, rubbing the back of his head before turning to look at his fellow bandmate. “Sungyeol? What’re you doing here?”

               Sungyeol just shrugged, grinning as he was proud enough of himself for managing to wake Woohyun up. “Your scene isn’t on for another three hours, possibly even more…so I came, and like…decided, how about we go visit Sunggyu’s music video set?”

               “…Aren’t they done filming it yet?” Woohyun asked, scrunching his nose up because, frankly, he didn’t remember having to make a music video that took six days.

               “They had to pause a bunch of times to let Myungsoo film his drama.” Sungyeol backed up a bit to allow Woohyun to get off the chair. “Let’s go, alright? You can see Sunggyu, and I bought food!”

               Woohyun didn’t have his full forty seconds to embrace the fact that he was actually going to see Sunggyu in person, actually be able to touch him, when Sungyeol grabbed his arm and illegally took him from the drama set.

 

The walk to Sunggyu’s music video filming station was one of the longest that Woohyun had ever experienced, especially with the super-duper quiet Sungyeol.

               “…Is anything wrong?” Woohyun asked, a bit scared.

               “Wrong?” The taller boy looked away, shrugging. “Nothing’s wrong…it’s just…I think…I need to talk to you.”

               “Talk to me? About what?”

               Sungyeol gulped, feeling his cell phone budge in his back pocket. He didn’t want to this, he hated to do this, but Myungsoo had asked him to do it, so he would,

               “…Sunggyu.”

               “Sunggyu? What’s wrong with Sunggyu?” All of a sudden, the worry meter on Woohyun seemed to just skyrocket.

               “Nothing…” Sungyeol gritted his teeth, grabbing onto Woohyun’s arm that was closest to him and dragged him the other way.

               “Why are we taking the long way to –“

               “Just…listen to me, okay?” A nod from Woohyun, and Sungyeol continued. “I’m really worried about you. Not just me, but Myungsoo too.”

               Woohyun’s heart somewhat ached when Sunggyu’s name wasn’t mentioned.

               “I mean, if this was Dongwoo and Hoya hyung, I wouldn’t do this since they’re, like, freaking connected by the hip or something, but with you and Sunggyu hyung…your relationship’s like…I don’t know how to say this…ugh, how did Myungsoo put this? Like…like clay! Yeah!”

               “What?” Whatever Sungyeol was trying to say, it was just confusing him about fifty times more.

               “Think of you and Sunggyu’s relationship like clay. It’s about this close to breaking, but it won’t if you guys both securely hold onto the pieces.”

               “…But…what?” Woohyun said, clearly still confused.

               “Okay, like…Sungjong told me about how you were whining nonstop about not seeing Sunggyu for two days. And now it’s been two days and a half and I know you’re probably more distraught than ever, right?”

               “…Something of the sort.”

               “Well I’m very happy to announce to you that Sunggyu’s just as freaked out!” Sungyeol declared in that fake-excited voice of his. “This is what I mean by you guys are like a clay. The further you go apart, the thinner it gets, but if you still stay connected, it still works.”

               Woohyun stayed motionless for a second before that ‘OH’ look covered his face. “…Oh, I get it, then Hoya and Dongwoo are, like, a brick or something. And you and Myungsoo are legos.”

               “…What?”

               “Look, it’s no better than your explanation, alright?” Woohyun joked, although he knew he was feeling better.

               “How on earth are me and Myungie like legos? Like, what is that even –“

               “Shh, calm down, choding boy. Let’s just go visit Sunggyu now, okay?”

               Dropping the subject, Sungyeol just allowed Woohyun to led the way to the set, knowing that nothing could break the clay, it could always be put back together. Unless you dried it for hours in the sun, but that wasn’t really the important part.

 

When the entire crew had heard a scream coming from the back, all they did was shrug and kept going on with editing the video. Myungsoo had probably pushed Sunggyu into the river or something.

               Obviously, they were wrong and they’d realized that when they had to place an extra two servings of celebratory dinner plates on the table.

 

“You came…”

               “I snuck out of my drama to, hope you know that,” Woohyun said idly, looking the other way to make it seem like he wasn’t in love with Sunggyu and rather just visiting his leader at the music video set.

               “Good to know I’m important enough for you to do that.”

               Woohyun just laughed, squeezing Sunggyu’s hand from underneath the table. Myungsoo and Sungyeol had run off to some secluded room to be the legos that they were, so the place was nearly all empty.

               “Congrats,” Woohyun quietly smiled. His voice was only above a whisper, but Sunggyu heard him. “Sorry for not coming earlier.”

               “You were busy, I know. Sorry for never coming to your drama set after my cameo.”

               Woohyun just shrugged it off, both of them knowing that it still hurt. “But you know, in a way, I’m happy you’re debuting solo.”

               “Oh really?” Sunggyu raised an eyebrow, smiling as he sat forward. “And why’s that?”

               “I can sit in the crowd, watch…and say that Kim Sunggyu isn’t singing to anybody but me.”

               Sunggyu hated to break the romantic atmosphere, but he had to say, “You know not all of my songs are about romance, right?”

               “Singing. To. Me,” Woohyun forced, not caring what his boyfriend said. Sunggyu just laughed it off, giving the younger boy’s hand a good squeeze.

               “You know, you should’ve included the sunshine song in your album.”

               “…What sunshine song?”

               Oh, had it really been that long ago? “You don’t remember, or do you want me to remind you? ‘You are my shhhhhhhhhh –“

               “YAH BE QUIET ABOUT THAT!”

 

it's pretty short *shrugs* i tried. i really did.

clay, bricks, and legos 'cause I can OuO my sister came up with that lol, she's actually passed out cold on my bed right now and i have no idea how to get her out.

no i think i lost all my motivation to write guise. if i didn't start this yesterday i wouldn't have finished it today.

i had my mid-semester-post-trimester-thingy english fluency test that i had to take today (yeah doesn't that tie in beautifully *winks*) and i got a 73% =____= long story short my english is pure crap. don't tell me it's a passing grade. it's an effing 73%. seventy fcking three. I CAN'T WRITE ENGLISH FLUENTLY GUISE.

yeahthat'sall. 'kay, have a great week ^^ a few more days and THANKSGIVING BREAK. ♥

[[c:6]]