Five

Come back to me

 

It’s  9 in the morning when I got in the office.  I sat on my chair lazily and fixed my things on my table.

Min Young suddenly appeared out of nowhere wearing her unreadable expression. I blinked at her and she didn’t bother to look at me and just plopped on her chair, she pursed her lips and crossed her arms. I stare at her, trying to read her mind.

“hey” I smiled as I nudged her arms. She just looks at me, expressionless.

“what’s wrong?” I asked. She sighed and pout at me.

“Min Seul ahh, Mr. Kang told me that you’re here for 4 weeks yet you didn’t update any interesting news” she said.

“oh” I gasped.

“you see, he’s in a bad temper today and he was very disappointed to you, I tried to explain to him but he won’t listen, what do we do now Min Seul?” Min Young sighed and propped her arms up and rested her chin on her palms.

“I-I don’t know..” I mumbled and start fumbling my fingers.

Min Young start dragging me out of the office and headed to the park. She plopped down on the bench and I quietly sat beside her. Actually, even me.. I am disappointed about my work.. But how can I impress them when I don’t know where to start? I don’t even know the faces of those celebrities here, how can I find them?

“Min Seul-ahh, how about I’ll help you familiarize with the faces of our targets?” Min Young snickered. I look at her in a knowing look and nod excitedly.

“okay okay.. so.. let’s go to your place then!” she beamed and jump out of the bench.

Soon, we arrive at my apartment and Min Young quickly set up the laptop and search for the celebrities. She introduced me to every celebrities that she would search and I tried harder to remember their faces. I was really surprised that there were lots of Idols here in Korea. I wonder if half of the population here in Korea were idols? Hmm..

We finish “studying” after 4 hours. Min Young is really great! She’s like a die hard fan of idols, though she didn’t introduce all of them, but atleast she knows half of the celebrities!

“I don’t know each and every celebrity, but I can be familiar with their faces” she pouted. I nod at her and went to prepare a glass of water for us.

It’s already 6 pm and Min Young lazily lied on my bed in a starfish position. I cleaned the mess we’ve done while Min Young suddenly drift her mind to play with the things in my side table.

“omo.. you’re a fan of exo?!! you have lots of magazines about them!” she chirped and her eyes sparkled as she eyed every magazines. Yes, I bought every magazines that has exo in it. I’m not a big fan of exo, but I’m a big fan of Yixing.. A really big loving fan..

“uhh… yeah.. kinda” I muttered and rubbed my nape.

“omo!! Is this Lay? Woaahhh.. you have lots of pictures of him!!” she snickered and grab every Yixing’s pictures that I bought and some were taken when we’re still together.

“wow.. where did you get this one? I can’t remember seeing this in the internet and he’s so young here!” She studied the picture where Yixing was smiling widely while biting his dumpling, it was taken by me when we both cook for our lunch at my place back then.

“wait.. do you by any chance know Lay? Or you know some of his friends?” Min Young look at me and start guessing, but before I could answer her, she clapped her hands and smiled at me.

“you’re doing a good job finding lots of pictures of him!! I forgot that he’s your target. Haha.” She laughed dryly and I sighed.

I am his ex-girlfriend, that’s why.

Min young gasped when she check the time and she quickly grab her coat and ran out of my apartment while waving her right hand and carry her shoes on the left hand. I giggled as I watch her, she didn’t even bother wearing her shoes before running out.

After eating dinner, I lied on my bed and reach for Yixing’s pictures on my side table. I smiled while scanning every pictures and memories started to flash in my mind that these pictures has. Soon.. I fell asleep unknowingly.

 

The next day, nothing’s new. It’s 5 in the afternoon and I was roaming around, I took pictures of a cute couple holding each others hands while walking and I can’t help but to miss the old times where me and Yixing used to do that. I was too absorbed on taking pictures of the beautiful scenery, forgetting that my work is to take pictures of celebrities and their secret behind the camera.

I was giggling while checking every pictures that I took with my camera and didn’t realize that I bumped into someone’s chest. The plastic bag that he’s carrying swayed, causing the bottles inside it bump into each other and the cling and clangs are to be heard. Probably alcohols..

I rubbed my forehead and reach for my cap that fall on the ground when I bump this guy. I bowed at him three times and look up to see his face. He also bowed at me, he is also wearing a cap. He looked at me and widened his eyes as it landed on my ID? He froze and I furrowed my brows at him.. I think I saw him somewhere?? Where is it again? Hmmm….

“are you okay?” I asked in a concerned voice and tilt my head sideways. He look at his plastic bag then back at me and my ID that was clipped on the pocket of my leather jacket. And I can’t help but to be amaze on his chubby cheeks, I want to squish it.. he’s like a baozi! I was about to ask him again if he’s okay but he started to run away from me. Did I do something?! Is my ID that scary?

I shrug and start walking again.. This time, I saw my target from afar, Yixing. He was walking out of the ramyun shop while talking on his phone, he was in a hurry. I followed him and my face flushed red while staring at his back. I fixed my cap and tightened my grip on my camera. Yixing suddenly turned right to a street which is not crowded. I followed him quietly and would hide behind the posts whenever he looks back.

The next thing I saw made my whole body froze, my heart twitched, my feet seemed stuck and it can’t move. Yixing was approached by a girl with a long wavy hair, I can’t recognize her though. She smiled at Yixing and he freely reach for her hand to hold it making the girl giggle. I stare at them from afar, convincing myself that this ain’t true. This can’t be real. This is just a dream, am I right?

A tap on my shoulder snapped me to reality and I jumped in surprise to see Min Young.

“hey, what are you doing h—“ her words cut off when her eyes followed my gaze. She gasped when she saw Yixing pulled the girl closer to him with his hand on her waist that makes my heart break into pieces.. it’s not him right? Maybe I followed the wrong guy. Gosh, I’m so careless.. omo..

I shook my head to clear my mind and Min Young suddenly grabbed my camera and took a picture and my jaw dropped cause the light flashed from my camera. I look at Min Young whose face is as surprise as mine.

“omo.. I didn’t know that you didn’t turned off the flash” she bit her lip and her eyes looks afraid.

“yah!!” the guy shouted who looked like Yixing, Min Young and I turned our heads towards his direction and next thing I know is, Min Young shouted “run!!” and we both run in separate ways.. unfortunately, the guy chose to ran after me. I tried hard to ran as fast as I could but my body isn’t cooperating with me. I should exercise daily!!!

And since I’m running out of air and my heart was pounding madly from too much effort that I exerted, I stop and pant heavily as I rest my hands on my knees. I can see the guy stop behind me and grab my colar from behind, causing me to straight up my body.

“you!” He panted and turn my body to face him. He hold my shoulders tightly that caused electricity traveled down my spine. His head was lowered while trying to catch some air. I look at his face, even if I can’t see it properly since it was ducked down, I can still recognize it.. The nose, the eyes and the lips.. It is.. It is truly him.. Yixing.. my Yixing..

“I’m begging you” he said as he finally breathe properly. I lowered my head for him not to see my face and besides.. I have my cap on.

“please don’t publish that photo” he said in a pleading voice.

“you see.. I love that girl and I don’t want to ruin our relationship just because of that photo” he said. I tried harder to keep my burning tears in my eyes, trying to convey that denial but it won’t do anything. Just hearing him saying those words stab my heart million times and my tears streamed down my cheeks carelessly.

“so please.. I’m begging you.. I know that you won’t understand me but if ever you love someone, I’m sure you’ll understand me” he said pleadingly. I scoffed. I shoved his hands away from me and run away from him with a pang in my heart, tears flowing down my cheeks like river. How can you do this to me oh God? Why now? Why him?!!! Of all people, why is it me that saw everything!! Why is it me who heard those words from my love!!!! Why? Why?...

I ran to who knows where it is, crying my heart out. And when I got tired, I stopped and fell on my knees as the people look at me.. judging how miserable I look right now.. and my eyes leeked in sadness.

 

 

 

----------------------------

 

 

lalala~~

sorry for not updating these past few days cause I was sick.. But i feel better now:D keke.

hope you enjoyed this chapter:)