Twenty-Two

Come back to me

 

As time goes on.. Lay got quieter than ever and Na Eun wasn’t feeling good about it. They meet up 3 times the past two weeks and in that 3 meetings, Lay was always out of the world.. His mind seems always occupied and Na Eun could sense it.

Na Eun didn’t want to ask him what’s bothering him cause she knows in her heart what’s bothering Lay and it hurts her so much.

One day, it’s Na Eun’s free day. Lay was out of the country. This strange idea comes to Na Eun’s mind and she’s thinking if she’s gonna do it or not. But then… in the end she convinced herself she’ll do it.

 

That is when she found herself standing in front of the door of someone’s apartment. She reached for the doorknob and bit her lip…but retreated her hand. *should I really see her?* she thought. *nah, I’ll just go*

She turned her heel and was about to walk away when the door creaked open making her stop. She slowly turn around and met eyes with the girl she’s wanting to see. The girl’s jaw dropped as she saw Na Eun standing right in front of her and she thought *what is she doing here?!!!!*

There was a moment of silence until Na Eun decides to speak.

“Quiao Hui right?” She asked as she tilted her head. Quiao Hui looked up and gave Na Eun a nod.

“I’m Na Eun”

“I know” Quiao Hui said. Then there’s this awkward silence as they look everywhere.

 

“uhmm… you want to come inside?” Quiao Hui asked as she motioned Na Eun inside her abode. Na Eun got in.

Na Eun bit her lip as she walk inside and look around Quiao Hui’s abode. It was indeed small and looks like some ghost were living there since it’s a little dark and creepy. It was an old building after all.

“uh.. have a sit” Quiao Hui offered a chair. Na Eun hesitantly sat on it.

Quiao Hui walked to the kitchen and gets some juice for Na Eun. She didn’t know what Na Eun is doing in her apartment. She was a bit anxious and guilty and whatever.. It’s just too awkward to be face to face with the girlfriend of your ex.

 

“Quiao Hui” Na Eun called. Quiao Hui sat up and gaze at her. And somehow, she felt jealous.. Na Eun is a pretty girl, she has nice skin and an angelic face. *Yixing picked a really good woman* she thought.

“yes?”

“I won’t be long, I’m just going to ask you something” Na Eun said as she took a sip of juice. Quiao Hui gulped.. She knows that what Na Eun is up to now is of course about Yixing, and Quiao Hui wasn’t feeling good about this.

“go on”

“And I need you to answer me honestly and clearly” Na Eun said with a firm look. Quiao Hui nodded but in the inside, she wants Na Eun to not continue and just go..

“Tell me, is Lay and you seeing each other behind my back?” Na Eun asked with a poker face on. Quiao Hui tense up and she doesn’t know what to do. As much as she wanted to avoid the question.. but seeing Na Eun with a firm look, she knows she can’t avoid her and there’s nothing more she can do but answer it.

 

“y-yes” She spoke, almost whispering. Na Eun’s eyes widened and she clenched her fist tightly that her knuckles became white.

“How many times?” Na Eun asked through gritted teeth. Quiao Hui wants to end this talk. She wants to avoid Na Eun’s questions to not make things more complicated between her and Lay.

“Na Eun sshi, I think you nee to go---“

“JUST TELL ME HOW MANY TIMES YOU MEET MY BOYFRIEND BEHIND MY BACK!!!!!” Na Eun growled. She couldn’t take it anymore.. There’s so much hatred and pain inside her that she couldn’t hide anymore and she wants to let it all out.. now.. In Quiao Hui… But then, she can’t. She can’t because she knows that hurting Quiao Hui might be a big reason that Lay would really leave Na Eun behind and she don’t want it to happen.

Quiao Hui’s heart was beating so fast right now and she was so scared.. She was taken aback about the sudden outburst of Na Eun. She didn’t know how to respond..

“forget it” Na Eun croaked as tears started falling down her eyes. When she saw Quiao Hui’s face, her heart was aching too much and she wants to slap her on the face and pull her hair and tell her that Lay is hers.

But no.. She needs to control her anger and gather herself. She needs to be confident in front of Quiao Hui and make her see that she is the superior and she is the right one for Lay.

Quiao Hui softened as Na Eun buried her face in her palms as she cried silently. Quiao Hui felt guiltiness wash all over her and she felt so bad right now. She stood up and went to pat Na Eun’s back to comfort her. Na Eun flinched as she felt Quiao Hui’s hand patting her back.

“Na Eun sshi, stop crying please. If you cry, your pretty face will be ruined.” Quiao Hui joked and Na Eun chuckled under her cry.

“just go home now and wash yourself and call Lay. Tell him what you really feel Na Eun sshi. If you’re angry or whatever just tell him. He’s your boyfriend and he deserves to know what’s going on with you” Quiao Hui softly spoke. Na Eun cringed her brows.. 

"You see Na Eun. Lay and I are over. There's no such thing as 'us' right now. You're his girlfriend now. And I believe that there is only 'you and him' now. So don't think too much Na Eun sshi. Lay loves you and you love him, that is all that matters. Always remember that." Quiao Hui added. Na Eun never thought Quiao Hui would say this to her.. She was expecting to give her a fight. She doesn’t know that Quiao Hui is this good. And comforting her now felt as if Quiao Hui was surrounded with a mother like aura. It felt good.

 

Na Eun looked up to meet Quiao Hui’s eyes. Quiao Hui smiled at her and that’s the time when she realize.. That that is maybe why Lay couldn’t let Quiao Hui go.. cause she’ll give you the feeling of love and comfort. She’ll give you a comforting smile that when you gaze at her eyes, you know that even if you’re a messed up, that smile would still give you encouragement and hope.

Na Eun wiped her tears away and stood up. She walked to the door as Quiao Hui opened it for her.

“Thanks for the time” she muttered and walk away.. Quiao Hui watched her. Na Eun bit her lip and she stop walking as she turn around. Quiao Hui have a questioning look on the face.

“yes Na Eun sshi?” Quiao Hui asked.

Na Eun gathered herself as she asked. “do you still love Lay?” 

That's it.. that is all she needs to know. Though the answer might hurt her, but she know that knowing the truth and Quiao Hui's feelings towards Lay is a thing that she needed to know and clear things. But she was hoping for a 'no'.

Quiao Hui gulped. How will she answer this? If she say yes, Na Eun will be hurt. But when she looked at Na Eun, she sighed as she saw the hope in Na Eun’s eyes. She saw that what Na Eun needs is a true answer.

“yes” Quiao Hui said as she look down.

“that’s all I want to know” Na Eun said and walk away.

 

-----

sorry for the late update...

:/ aw Na Eun.