two

Come back to me

 

YOUR POV

It’s 10 in the evening. Tomorrow is the day that I will become independent.. Korea, please be nice to me..

I am putting my folded clothes in my luggage when my mom enters the room wearing her saddest expression ever. I stop from what I’m doing and went to hug her..

“are you sure about this honey?” she asked worriedly.

“yes mom”

“you know, you still have time to change your mind” she whispered as I pulled back.

“mom, come on.. there’s no turning back now and I want to do this” I smiled. She nod and hold my shoulders.

“just.. just call us if ever you need something. And if ever someone treats you bad there, don’t hesitate to call us and we’ll go there immediately to kick the of that person” she said with a hint of sadness and concern in her trembling voice.

“mom, I can take care of myself, don’t worry”

“it’s just that, I’m really worried.. you’re not that really fluent in Korean, what if they make fun of you? Or-or they’ll trick you” My mom widened her eyes and urge me to change my mind.

“mom.. I can do this. Remember that Yixing taught me how to speak Korean right? And I will bring Korean dictionary anyway” I laughed dryly.

My mom nodded with a frown on her face. After some seconds of silence, we both burst in tears and hug each other tightly.. This is why I don’t want to go anywhere, cause I know that my mom will be like this.. But I need to do this, I’m not going to stuck myself here and I need to experience things outside. I want to feel independent and as a woman.

 

The next day..

 

We are now here at the airport, dragging my luggage.. I turn to look at my parents before boarding. They gave me a sweet warm smile, and I can’t help but to cry.. I will miss them so much.

“just remember what I told you” my mom said as she fix the colar of my blouse, and I can feel her hands shaking. While my dad was just looking at me, smiling. He never say any word to me since last night.. my mom said that he’s like that cause he’s holding back the sadness he is feeling. I think all boys are like that, don’t you think?

I look at them for the last time before leaving.. I can do this.. I can!!

 

As I was sitting here inside the plane, all I did was brows in my Korean dictionary and practice to speak confidently. And as my eyes become heavy, I let it be and I dozed off.

 

The next thing I know is I was now flagging for a cab, heading to the main office that I am assigned in to be as an exchange employee. The cab driver asked me where am I heading and when I answered him, I can see his face in the rear mirror and he was smiling like idiot, maybe because of my accent.

 

When I step in the office, there were lots of busy people, some were holding bunch of papers and is blocking their face , making them struggle to see where they’re going. Some were busy talking on the phone, one was on their right ear and the other was on the left, I wonder if they can still understand what the person saying on the other line.

“Ms. Zhou?” The lady with a short hair approached me.

“uh.. yeah.”

“nice to meet you. This is your form by the way, read it in 5 minutes and go to the office on the second floor” she said continuously as she handed me a folder.

“I’m sorry, which office?” I asked.

“oh, the first door that you’ll see in the second floor.. uhmm.. I’ll just accompany you I guess, since you’re new, come on..” she said. I open the folder and read it while walking.

“Zhou Min Seul?” I asked as I furrowed my brows.

“what? Oh yeah.. that’s your Korean name.. like it?” she said with a smile.

“by the way, I’m Hye mi..” she stopped from walking and shook my hand before start walking again.

As we arrive at the office of who knows who owns this, Hye Mi left me and gave me a nod. I sat properly on the chair across the table while waiting for probably my boss.. And luckily, he enters the room after 3 minutes.

“good afternoon” he greeted, I bowed. You can say that he’s a middle age man when you look at him, he smiles weakly and the wrinkles on the side of his eyes were showing..

“as you can see, this work that you chose isn’t just a work” He started as he sat on his chair across me.

“you need to be careful about your actions” he added. I nod respectfully and tried to understand what he is saying cause he speaks so fast, I’m not that good in understanding Korean especially when he’s speaking fast..

“I’m assigning you with a work which you will just take pictures of celebrities, easy huh? You need to follow them secretly and take pictures of them when they are doing something interesting behind their famous names. Do you get me?”

“oh.. so I’m going to follow them and take pictures of them.. it means…?”

“it means you’re going to be a paparazzi” he said firmly. I gasped, but nodded in understanding. Paparazzi eh? I thought I will become a writer of daily newspapers or take pictures of special events happening here.. and Paparazzi? Didn’t expect that one.

 

I walk out of the room after talking with Mr. Kwon. Hye Mi greeted me again and she drag me to my table.

“here’s your table” she beamed as she extend her arms making exaggerated gestures..

“oh.. thank you”

“and that beside yours is the table of your partner, Min young” she explained. And The girl with a high ponytail approach us and sat beside me, she smiled cheerfully and gave me an encouraging look.

“I’m Min Young. Your partner” she winked. I smiled and shook her hand.

“so, ready for some kicking?” she asked as she cracked her knuckles.

“uhmm.. a- kicking?” I asked in confusion.

“haha just kidding.. I mean, you know, revealing secrets of the stars” she shrugged and leaned back on her chair.

“anyway.. as my partner, you need to be great as I am” she laughed.

“you heard about Goo Hara and B2st’s Junhyung? I’m the one who caught them dating” she smirked. Actually I don’t know who she caught but I think they’re celebrities too, I just nod as if I know what she’s talking about.

“pretty cool huh?” she winked.

“y-yeah.. cool it is” I said.

“anyway.. tomorrow, we will start hunting those freaks, so for now.. just take some rest” she said as she smack her palm.

“freaks?”

“yeah.. you know.. the what they say “stars of our generation”?" she said as she make double quotation in the air.

 

Min Young is really nice, she even drop me at my new apartment, she has a car. My apartment is really small.. too small.. the living room is also the bedroom and you’ll just take few steps to the kitchen and few steps to one of the door which is the bathroom. I sighed as I plopped down the bed, and to my surprise, the bed creaked.. How can I sleep properly when every move I’ll take will make sounds?

Anyway.. I should rest now for tomorrow’s big day..

Good luck Zhou Quiao Hui.. oh I mean.. Good luck to me Zhou Min Seul!! 

 

 

 

--------------------------

 

 

okay.. sorry if this update seems fast pacing.. haha. cause I'm too lazy to right every detail.. I just want to skip until she met Lay!!:D