Twenty-One

Come back to me

Lay was with Na Eun today. Exo M just got back from China. Na Eun has lots of schedules but she chose to meet Lay today since she's worried about him this past few days cause Lay was always not in the mood to talk to anyone and he looks always down.

They were sitting silently at the car that Lay borrowed to his manager. They were parked in front of the Han River. The silence wasn't really pleasant and Na Eun  couldn't find a perfect sentence to start the conversation. But she still tries though..

"Lay? are you... okay?" She asked as she fiddled with her fingers. 

"I'm fine" He turn to look at her and smiled as he reached for her hand. Na Eun smiled, but in the back of her mind she can sense that he isn't fine.

"how's China?" Na Eun asked. 

"It's tiring" Lay sighed. 

Soon, they decided to eat at the nearby store. Na Eun noticed that Lay barely touches his food and he's as if out of the world. She tries to shrug the thought and just continued eating. But she couldn't help but to feel worried about Lay.. He was so silent that Na Eun wasn't used to it.

 

After eating dinner, they walk side by side while holding each other's hands under the moon. Na Eun was so happy she can spend time with Lay today and she can feel butterflies growing in her tummy. But somehow.. Lay's mind was wandering about. Na Eun would talk non stop but Lay didn't pay attention at all.He wasn't even aware if Na Eun was asking or just telling some random stories. He was too occupied to care.

Na Eun grew uncomfortable as time pass by and she doesn't know what to do anymore.. She tries to keep the conversation going but Lay wouldn't cooperate. She tries to read his mind but of course she couldn't do it. 

"Lay--"

"uhmm.. Na Eun, I think it's getting late. I should take you home now" Lay stated as he walk to the car. Na Eun bit her lip, she don't want to go home yet. She wants to know what's bothering her boyfriend.

"no Lay."

"what?"

"you're not okay. I can tell."

"I'm fine"

"no!" Na Eun said, almost shouting. Lay was taken aback but he just sighed. 

"just tell me what's bothering you" she said. Lay look her in the eyes and somehow.. he felt comfort in those eyes. He can't lie.. Na Eun has the right to know.

"get inside the car first" He said and opened the door for Na Eun. She obliged.

When Lay finally settled inside, he turn to face Na Eun. He doesn't want to talk about this things but he knows that Na Eun would whine and brag when he won't tell the truth. And when he saw the eyes of Na Eun full of hope, he couldn't take but just tell the truth to her.

"okay. I'm not fine" He sighed. Na Eun reached for his hand and squeezed it comfortingly.

"what happened?" she asked, worried.

 

There was a minute of silence as Lay thought if he could bring this topic on.. And he realize, Na Eun deserves to know.

"You remember about Min Seul? the girl from the concert that Xiumin hyung introduced?" Lay asked. Na Eun nodded, and somewhat on those words that Lay was saying, her heart flinched and she doesn't know exactly why..

"she's my ex girlfriend" Lay muttered. Na Eun gasped.

"the one that I was telling you before" Lay added. Na Eun nodded, she remembers when Lay and her were still friends, he would always tell Na Eun how sad he is and how he misses his ex girlfriend..

Na Eun didn't know how to respond. It's like her words was stuck in the back of her mind and her tongue was tied.. She knows that she's his girlfriend now and they love each other.. But somewhere where Lay mentioned about his ex, her heart flinched.

"then?" She asked.

"I don't know why she's here in Korea. I mean.. What is she planning?" Lay furrowed his brows. Na Eun gulped and nodded as she leaned on the seat. She knows it's bad to judge and accuse someone.. But she felt as if.. she understands what Lay's feeling and she's not happy about it. So except for asking more questions she decided to cut it off.

"Lay, I'm tired.. I think I should go home" She said with a heavy heart.

 

When they arrived in front of Na Eun's dorm, she reached to unbuckle the seatbelt but her hands felt weak. Lay noticed it and smiled as he helped Na Eun.

"are you okay baby? you look weak" He asked. Na Eun gaze at his eyes and she gave a weak tender smile.

"I'm fine Lay.. just tired" she assured. 

"okay. don't overwork okay? and eat properly" Lay ordered as he point a finger at her with a teasing smile. Na Eun giggled and nod. 

She watch the car zoomed off while waving goodbye. And when the car finally disappeared from her sight, her smile faded. She felt sad and all.. *I can easily notice when you're not okay Lay.. How about me? I'm not okay too yet you didn't noticed at all* she thought sadly as she walk to her dorm.

 

-----

 

double and boring update and like it's fast pacing. sorry guys but I'm not in the mood to think of any good thing to write:( I'm just tired and stuff.. urrrggghhh... again.. I'm sorry *bows*