Twenty-Three

Come back to me

 

 

It’s a beautiful morning. Min Young was busy cleaning her camera when her phone rang. It was Quiao Hui. When Min Young answered it, she was shocked to hear Quiao Hui’s sob.

“Min Seul! Are you okay? Why are you crying?” Min Young panicked.

“Min Young sshi, the owner of my apartment was threatening me to leave this place if I couldn’t give him the payment. I promise him I would pay him when I get my job back but he was too angry and he start throwing my things out of my room” Quiao Hui cried. Min Young abruptly stood up as she reached for her jacket and run out of the building.

“wait for me Min Seul!” Min Young breathed and hang the phone up as she head towards Quiao Hui’s place. It took her 25 minutes until she finally arrived at Quiao Hui's place.

She run upstairs and was stopped when she found Quiao Hui sitting on the floor outside her room while gathering her clothes. She looks so mess and she's crying silently. Min Young can't do anything and she wanted to cry too as she felt pity. She walks slowly towards Quiao Hui and when Quiao Hui noticed a pair of shoes in front of her, she looked up and meets Min Young's worried eyes. 

Quiao Hui's lips trembled and she stood up to hug Min Young as she cried harder. Her heart was aching too much and she felt as if her world would end and there's no one beside her. She remember the faces of her parents smiling at her and she couldn't help but to cry even more. She's such a loser she thought. She failed in everything. She ruined her good life in China just to be here in Korea. She chooses to sacrifice and live harder yet all she gets is this. 

Min Young patted her back as she cried with her, she was so sorry for Quiao Hui. She can't even help her in any ways and she felt guilty.. She felt like Quiao Hui is her responsibility yet she couldn't help her when she's down like this. She felt so worthless as a friend.

"what do I do?" Quiao Hui cried as she breathed hardly. Breathing is so hard for her to do now. And if she has given a chance, she would cut her breathing right now so that she won't feel the pain from this cruel world.

"Min Seul, stop crying.. Everything will be alright. I'm still here. You can stay at my house" Min Young comforted even though she's not really that good at comforting, she really tried her best for Quiao Hui to feel better.

 

When they arrived at Min Young's place, Quiao Hui was just staring at her feet and didn't even blink. She was so exhausted and broken and hurt and all. Min Young was so worried about her. She tried to talk to Quiao Hui but she would just nod and smile forcedly. 

"wash up Min Seul. I'm going to go get ready the room for you okay?" Min Young nudge Quiao Hui. She nodded and walk like a zombie towards the bathroom. Min Young sighed.

 

Quiao Hui didn’t want to eat dinner and Min Young can’t do anything about it, so she just ate by herself.

Quiao Hui walk to the guest room and lied on the bed. She can’t think about anything properly right now, everything was flooding her tired brain and she can’t really focus in one thing. She wanted to cry but her tears seems all gone due to her crying previously. Her heart was aching and all she wanted to do right now is to hug her mom and tell her how broken she is right now.

 

When Quiao Hui was finally sleeping, the door creaked open and Min Young carefully tiptoed to gaze at the sleeping Quiao Hui. She felt so angry and everything, she wanted to teach lesson to the people who make Quiao Hui’s life miserable and she wanted to do it right now. But she can’t.. She didn’t know how to start..

Just then, Min Young remembers Lay. She bit her lip and clenches her fist. She wanted to blame Lay for everything that Quiao Hui is going through right now. She thinks that Lay is the one who should take responsibility of everything. Lay is the reason why Quiao Hui chooses to live here in Korea and suffer; she chooses to break her own heart for Lay, And yet, Lay didn’t even acknowledge her efforts.

Min Young pulled the blanket up to Quiao Hui’s neck and she smiled softly, but a little bit of anger in her eyes as she thought *I’m sorry Min Seul, But I’ve decided. I’m only doing this for your own good. Please forgive me for what I am going to do* 

 

--------

oh no:/ :)