Twenty

Come back to me

2 weeks have passed after the concert. Lay didn't see Quiao Hui anymore, he didn't attempt to call her again for some reason that even him couldn't find out.

Xiumin finds out about Lay and Quiao Hui's past a week ago when he accidentally saw Quiao Hui's picture in Lay's wallet. He was shock of course, but he accepts it thought. He can't do anything about it anyways.. And Xiumin keeps in touch with Quiao Hui, they've become even closer now..

Today, Quiao Hui was at Min Young's place. Min Young just got home from her work and she called Quiao Hui to come over for a dinner. Quiao Hui was suspended from her work for 1 week because she's still not updating any news and it's not really good for her.. She was striving to live in Korea. Min Young did everything to help Quiao Hui but it's not enough..

"want some tea?" Min Young asked as she walked to the kitchen while removing her shoes. Quiao Hui sat on the sofa and nodded.

"Min Young-sshi, how's work?" Quiao Hui asked. 

"It's not good when you're not there. It's really boring" Min Young shrugged and kick the fridge's door shut after getting a bottle of water.

She walks to the sofa and hands a cup of tea to Quiao Hui while drinking on a bottle of water. "here" she said and Quiao Hui politely took the cup and sip on it.

"how's life" Min Young asked as she sat. Quiao Hui sighed.

"so hard. So many bills to pay" She sighed again. Min Young softened, she doesn't want to see Quiao Hui like this.. She always told her that she can just live with Min Young so that it would be easy for her but she always hesitates.. She said that she'll just burden Min Young.

"so.. you're going back to China?" Min Young asked. Quiao Hui shook her head. Although she's not seeing Lay anymore, she doesn't feel like going home to China now.. Maybe because there's something in Korea that she would definitely miss or maybe... It's not time yet.

 

After eating dinner, Quiao Hui decided to go home since it's already 8 in the evening. 

When she reached her doorstep, she was more than stunned to see Xiumin standing right there, waiting for her to come. She never expected him to come here. They keep in touch, yes but they just call each other like once every 3 days.. and Quiao Hui's definitely sure that she didn't call Xiumin to come over tonight and it's her first time to see him here.. in front of her apartment.

"Min Seok?" Quiao Hui called. Xiumin spun around and beamed as he saw her. He ran to her and gave her a quick hug that Quiao Hui almost stumble.

"what are you doing here?" she asked, apalled.

"what? I'm not allowed to miss my friend?" Xiumin pouted.

"no, no. I mean, seriously.. what are you doing here?"

"nothing.. just wandering around and decided to stop by here. hehe." Xiumin reasoned and scratch his head.

Quiao Hui nodded and opened the door. "uhmm... come in" she said. Xiumin beamed.

"wow. so cute in here" Xiumin complimented as he look around Quiao Hui's abode. Quiao Hui bit her lip, she's embarrassed about her apartment.. I mean, it's really embarrassing to let an idol in your small ugly stinky apartment right?

Xiumin walk around and stopped in front of the table. In the table, there were loads of envelopes.. Bills to pay. Xiumin hesitantly reach for it and check some of it. Quiao Hui was trying to clean her apartment and was now fixing the window that is broken because of the prank of teenagers downstairs the other day.

Xiumin's eyes rounded as he saw the memo regarding Quiao Hui's suspesion. He turned to look at her struggling to fix the broken window.

"what happened?" Xiumin asked.

"oh.. nothing. The other day, teenagers were playing and accidently throw a rock in here" She sheepishly smile, but a sad expression never left her face and Xiumin can easily noticed it.

"Min Seul.. what happened to your work? I mean.. I saw the memo" Xiumin asked in a soothing voice. Quiao Hui's eyes widened and she fumbled.

"and I can see that you have lots of bills to pay. How will you pay this when you're suspended for work?" He asked, concerned.

"I can manage. I'll just find another job" Quiao Hui smiled. Xiumin frowned, he knows she can't just find another job when she's not familiar here in Korea.

"Min Seul.. why don't you just go back to your country?" Xiumin asked. Quiao Hui laughed.

"no. don't worry about me. I'm fine.." she stated with a fake grin. Xiumin sighed.

 

They were sitting on the table while drinking some coffee. Xiumin would force Quiao Hui to just borrow some money to him so that she can afford the living but Quiao Hui won't accept any help from anyone. 

"come on.. I'm just helping my friend" Xiumin convinced.

"no. I can't. Please stop forcing me cause I won't accept it anyway" Quiao Hui said. Xiumin grumbles. 

 

Soon.. Xiumin decided to head home since it's already late and his manager would surely fuss about him going home late again. 

He turn to face Quiao Hui before he leaves. "you sure you don't want my help?" he asked. Quiao Hui smiled and shook her head.

Xiumin sighed and walked away.. Then he turned to face Quiao Hui again while walking backwards.. "are you really sure? last chance" He asked.. or more like offered. Quiao Hui chuckled and wave goodbye to him. Xiumin rolled his eyes and bade goodbye before running outside.