Ten

Come back to me

"Quiao H-Hui?" The guy hesitated first, but he asked though. His voice croaked, his hands were sweating and his blood is boiling, and not to mention his heart... it was torn, cut, smashed thousand times as he saw his past lover in front of him. Well.. He is Lay.

They stared at each other for a minute or two. They can’t believe their own eyes. Are they seeing what they’re seeing? Lots of things rush through their minds, memories: sad and beautiful ones.

Quiao Hui didn’t know what to do, she was appalled. Never have she imagined what she would do when this kind of situation comes. But gazing at his eyes makes her knees weak, heart beating fast and lips trembling.

Lay was so shocked. He couldn’t believe it. Maybe he was just dreaming right? this is impossible. But it’s not. The girl he loved so much, the girl that makes his night a sleepless one, the girl that he is longing to see, that girl is infront of him right now. Lot’s of question runs through his mind. Lot’s of memories flashing back through his mind, and he doesn’t know what to feel. Nervous? Shock? Excited? Happy? Confuse? He doesn’t know.

 

 

 

Quiao Hui sat on the table across Lay. They are at the Tea shop,. They didn’t speak nor move, they’re just sitting there, secretly taking a quick glance at each other when one isn’t looking. Until the teas were served.

Quiao Hui clears and decided to end the silence between them. “How are you Yixing?” she asked as she trace the tea cup with her fingers. Lay gulped and at some point, he misses her voice so much.. especially when saying his name. It felt like his stomach is churning when Quiao Hui said his name, it’s like a melody in his ears really.

Lay didn’t answer her question but ask another. “Why are you here?” He asked as he look up, she looked away quickly, not wanting to meet his eyes.

“I’m working” Quiao Hui answered. Lay shook his head lightly, not satisfied by her answer.

“that’s all?” he asked and tilted his head. Quiao Hui looked at him in a questioning look. Somehow, she felt like she was trapped.

“what do you mean that’s all?” she asked with her brows furrowed. Lay clenched his fist.

“you’re just working here? No other reason?” Lay asked through gritted teeth. Controlling his anger. He was angry because he knows that Quiao Hui is lying, he knows that she’s not here for work only.

“of cour--“ Quiao Hui attempt to answer but Lay slammed his fist on the table, making everyone look at their direction, good thing there were only few people there. Some amount of their tea spilled. Quiao Hui jumped a little, she was shocked of course. “For pete’s sake Quiao Hui! Tell me why you’re here!!” He asked angrily. Quiao Hui blinked at him, her lips trembles and her tears gathered in her eyes, making Lay softened. He closed his eyes and heaved a sigh.

“I’m sorry” Lay muttered and leaned back on his chair. Quiao Hui stare at him in a concerned look. She wants to hug him so badly, Lay wanted to hug her too.. But they both thought it was not right to do that.

 

Lay then decided to end this talk. He offered Quiao Hui to walk her home but Quiao Hui hesitated. She said she has work, so Lay insisted to bring her to her office safely. He didn’t wait for her answer but just rode a bus with Quiao Hui following him behind. “Where’s your office?” he asked. She told him. Lay furrowed his brows for a second, thinking what kind of company she’s working at.

Soon, they arrive infront of the building.

“Thank you Yixi—“

“call me Lay” he said with a poker face. Quiao Hui nodded.

“Thank you for bringing me here” She mumbled and fumbles with her finger. Lay eyed the building and he cringed as the answer finally smack his brain. She worked at the newspaper company.

“you work here?” he asked hesitantly. Quiao Hui looked at the building then back to Lay. She nodded with a smile.

“What do you do?” he asked.

“I’m a pap—“ before she could answer, someone called her name. It was Min Young, she ran to Quiao Hui quickly and grip her arm.

“Mr. Kang is going to kill you!! where have you been?!!” Min Young hollered. She didn’t notice the man with a cap (Lay) infront of Quiao Hui. Quiao Hui slipped her arm out of Min Young’s grip and slowly walk towards Lay.

“Yix- I mean Lay. I’m sorry but I need to go now” she bowed. Lay didn’t say anything but watch her walk away while arguing with Min Young. Good thing they exchange numbers when they were in the bus. Somehow, Lay regretted it, he wants to hug you before you head to work, or kiss you goodbye. He misses you so much. 

 

 

That night, Lay can’t sleep. He was staring at his phone with Quiao Hui’s number on the screen. He wanted to call her so badly and hear her voice. But he can’t do it.

On the other hand. Quiao Hui is staring at her phone also, waiting for someone to call.. waiting for Lay to call her..

But.. it didn’t came.. *why am I thinking he would call me? Ofcourse he won’t. he has girlfriend Quiao Hui. Maybe he’s now calling her. Don’t bother to wait* she thought and toss her phone on the table and she headed to her bed to sleep.

Just then.. her phone rang, but it was silent mode so Quiao Hui didn’t hear anything.

“why isn’t she answering?” Lay muttered as he lay on his bed. He called her again but she wouldn’t answer. So he just gave up. Thinking that you’re already asleep, or busy, or you just don’t want to talk to him..

 

---------------------------------------

 

hey guys.. I have new fic for you:)

here's the link: http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/299434/sehun-s-irritating-fan-you-exo-sehun