And at this moment, I'm sure we're falling in love.

Back To December.

“I love you—and that’s what matters!” said Donghae. He drew in, and slowly stepped forward, his dark brown eyes met Jessica’s. He gently grab her neck, and looked at her y lips, faintly.

 

“What is he doing there?” Yoona asked.

 

“Omo! Is he about to kiss her?” yelled Taeyeon before letting out her famous ahjumma laughter.

 

“Shh! Just watch!” said Tiffany excitedly.

 

“I—” his face deliberately slanted toward Jessica’s face, and with an angle of 30, he planted his lips on hers. At that moment, they weren’t hearing any sound from the surrounding, as if they’re completely alone, just both of them. Jessica’s eyes were multiplied in size as she didn’t expect he would do this to her. At the schoolyard, like seriously? The kiss was unexpectedly soft—she thought.

 

“Omo omo!!” screamed Taeyeon again.

 

“Yah be quiet!”

 

After a while, he withdrew his lips from hers and stepped back a little. “Can you be my girlfriend? I promise I’ll treat you right—”

 

Jessica was still analyzing his face. From his eyebrows, down to his nose, and to the fish-like flirtatious lips. If he wasn’t so damn cute, none of this would have happened. She smiled before she nodded, as a sign of acceptance.

 

Donghae bit his lips and quietly did a cheer pose, the ones like when those athletes won. He couldn’t be any happier. He put his right arm on her shoulder, and walked her to the classroom.

 

“They’re coming—” stated Seohyun.

 

“Let’s go to the classroom first—and pretend we saw nothing.” answered Sunny.

 

“They’re all staring at us—” whispered Jessica into Donghae’s ears, “Don’t you think you make it too obvious?”

 

“Well—enjoy the spotlight then.” He chuckled as he rubbed his sharp nose. As he walked by, all the juniors couldn’t take their eyes off him. His side-face was just way too attractive. “How I wish that girl was me—” “Did you see how oppa smile? He never did that to other girls. But he just showed that perfect indescribable smile to Jessica unnie—”

 

“I’ll come over when school’s over, okay?”

 

“Arraso—” she smiled shyly and headed to her seat.

 

“Stop making the bird chirping sound. What’s wrong with you?” Jessica laughed, not loudly, since it was during Math’s class and the teacher was really….not a joke. The girls had been caught several times before due to their talkativeness.

 

“Because I see love birds—two love birds—” whispered Hyoyeon.

 

All of them were talking with a soft voice and were constantly checking if the teacher were staring at them. “Wow~standing under the tree..kissing?” Sooyoung teased.

 

“Oh Jessie~” Tiffany pointed at Jessica with her right hand, while the left hand of hers, was on her chest, “Can you be my girlfriend? I promise I’ll treat you right—” They could see Jessica’s agitated look; and Tiffany’s dramatic expression caused the girls to crack up, even herself. However..Taeyeon’s laughter was the most outstanding. Hers was the loudest and caused everyone in class turned to her.

 

“Kim Taeyeon—”

 

“Yes..yes..teacher?” she answered in horrification. She hoped teacher wasn’t going to call her out to do some stupid math questions that she hated the most. Unfortunately, it seemed that the teacher liked to find troubles for her.

 

“Please answer question 1.”

 

“Uhh—which page?” her answer absolutely fired the teacher up. She rolled her eyes, “Page 1.”

 

Oh well. Algebraic expression. What is it!

 

“Please gimme an answer.”

 

“Uhh—it’s..150y + 5.” She tried to show her confidence.

 

“Wrong. Class, I hope you guys do listen to me while I’m teaching, understand?”

 

Taeyeon saw all of her friends trying hard not to laugh out loud. They were holding their own stomach and laughed in mute.

 

/

 

It’d been a week since they were in a relationship. Both of them enjoyed being with each other. Donghae hoped things would always go on like this.

 

“Where are you driving me to?”

 

“Wait a second.” He U-turned and got his car parked at the car lot. “We’ve arrived.”

 

Jessica got out of the car, “Beach?”

 

“Yep.”

 

“Why are you bringing me to here at night?”

 

“Aigoo—don’t break the surprise, would you? Follow me—” he stood behind her and closed her eyes with his fingers. “Yah—” “Shh—listen to my instructions and walk carefully. Clumsy.”

 

As soon as she opened her eyes, she saw candles arranged in a heart-shape, and an acoustic guitar at the center. “I know it isn’t special—you can even see this scene from dramas—but—” he stopped, and walked into the heart-shape and picked up the guitar.

 

He cleared his throat before started playing it.

 

Look into my eyes - you will see
What you mean to me
Search your heart - search your soul
And when you find me there you'll search no more
Don't tell me it's not worth tryin' for
You can't tell me it's not worth dyin' for
You know it's true
Everything I do - I do it for you
Look into your heart - you will find
There's nothin' there to hide
Take me as I am - take my life
I would give it all - I would sacrifice
Don't tell me it's not worth fightin' for
I can't help it - there's nothin' I want more
Ya know it's true
Everything I do - I do it for you
There's no love - like your love
And no other - could give more love
There's nowhere - unless you're there
All the time - all the way
Oh - you can't tell me it's not worth tryin' for
I can't help it - there's nothin' I want more
I would fight for you - I'd lie for you
Walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you
Ya know it's true
Everything I do - I do it for you

 

As he stopped singing, beads of tears rolled down Jessica’s chubby cheeks. “Just want to tell you—Sica ah!” yelled Donghae. “Everything I do I do it for you!” Within seconds, she dashed into his embrace. Nothing felt better than this. This moment is unforgettable. She thought. “I love you—”   

 

Tonight, the place was deserted, and as they strolled barefoot through the breaking surf with their hands tightly locked to each other’s, effortlessly clasped. He was struck by the thought that the girl beside him was whom he’d like to face the future. He knew he was still too young, clueless, and had no illusion about marriage life, but he had the feeling that, she’d be the one.

 

They sat by the beach after the stroll. “It seems that many thoughts are running through your mind—” Jessica heard Donghae’s ask. A light breeze rippled through her hair, she collected the strands into a loose ponytail. “Nothing—”

 

Donghae knew she had things hiding. Anyway, he decided not to ask, in case it was about some sensitive issues. “I think I shall send you home now before your dad worries about you—” said Donghae, then turned towards Jessica and helped her to stand up.

 

He raised her hand and slipped his arm around her back. Beneath a blanket of shining stars, and a cloudless clear sky, he pulled her close and kissed her. Knowing that he’d certainly falling in love, deep, and hard.  I’m lucky that I’m with you—