Awesomeness

Back To December.

Jessica laid on the bed unconsciously while the doctor checked on her body condition. Donghae sat beside her and gripped her hand tightly. her hair gently, he anxiously asked the family doctor, “Is she okay? I’m sure she didn’t eat anything wrong yesterday but she puked twice just now—”

 

The doctor packed up his suitcase and smiled warmly. “She isn’t sick, sir.”

 

“Then?”

 

“Get your purse full as you’re gonna spend a lot of money—” the doctor replied.

 

“What do you mean?” Donghae asked blankly, “You’re not answering my question—”

 

“On your baby—she’s pregnant, sir—” He walked up to him and gave a hand shake, “Congratulations!”

 

“Whoa wait—wait.” Donghae rubbed his chin, “You mean—you mean she’s having a baby?”

 

“Yes, absolutely—”

 

“Whoa—” he pulled the doctor nearer and hugged him. “Amazing!” he voiced out loud. There were two happy moments in his life, when Jessica agreed to marry him, and the other one on the wedding day. Now, she had added another happy moment into his life—having a baby, their baby.

 

/

 

“Hae?” Jessica questioned once she woke up. She saw no one beside her, except for the dim yellow table lamp that was left open. The curtain was closed, but she could clearly hear the rain drops outside. It had been raining in buckets. She got up from the bed and examined herself. Her clothing wasn’t same as her morning outfit. Weird. Fortunately, she was relieved that her nausea was gone. At least for the moment.

 

She turned the knob and stepped down the stairs slowly. “Hae? Where are you?”

 

In a second, Donghae paced into the house with one big paper bag of..magazines and books. As soon as he realized her existence, he ran up and embraced her under his broad arm. He couldn’t stop giggling, either. “Do you feel better now?”

 

“Yeah—” she retraced back. “What’s with the giggle? By the way, did you change these clothes for me? It’s indoors, but I’m wearing this thick long sleeves—” she looked down and stared at her shirt, “Don’t you think it’s—kind of amusing?”

 

“You can’t catch a cold!”

 

“Yah—I’m not that weak as you thought!” she knocked his forehead softly. “Anyway—what’s that?” Jessica pointed at the paper bag that he put at the corner earlier. “You went to the book store?”

 

“You’ll know what it is—come here—” Donghae led her to the direction. He took one of the thick books and passed it over. “Read the title—”

 

The Baby Name Wizard?” asked Jessica. “Why do you need this? Who’s having a baby?” she questioned again, completely blank that it was actually her.

 

“Have some guesses—” Donghae laughed at her cheekily, he can’t resist her charm, never.

 

“Hmm—your clients?”

 

“Nope—”

 

“Your—cousin?”

 

“Honey, can Sungmin get pregnant?” Donghae asked, “I don’t have any girl cousins—” he chuckled again.

 

“Tell me then! I’m sick of guessing—it’s not fun at all.” She wore her poker face on. “Not. Funny.”

 

“It’s—the one who’s grabbing the book now. So—who is it then?” Donghae asked gently, “Don’t tell me you’re clueless—”

 

There was a complete silence between them for that moment. Soft wind was blowing, like how it usually appeared in the cartoons. Jessica glanced down her hand and asked innocently, “M..me?”

 

“Such a cute pabo—” Donghae carried her up and spun, “Don’t you get it? We’re having a baby!”

 

After a while, he put her down and observed her face. He was glad that she had the same emotions as him; they were definitely over the moon. Jessica tip toed and encircled his neck, “This is so—” she kissed his cheeks hard, “Unbelievable and wonderful—Hae!” She looked extremely deliriously happy.

 

Donghae cupped her face and starred at her, “I’m gonna be a good dad and husband, Sica—I promise. No matter it’s a baby boy or a baby girl, I just wanted to thank you. I wouldn’t have experienced this happiness if I wasn’t with you—” Little tears formed but he wiped it away.

 

“You’re behaving like a crying baby now—” Jessica laughed and rubbed her stomach gently, “Do you want our baby to behave like you too?”

 

“Of course not—” He carried her up in bridal style, “Let’s go to the bed—”

 

“Again?” She peeked at the wall clock, “It’s 5 in the evening now—I don’t want to—”

 

“Ta-da-da-da.” He placed a finger on her lips, “Can’t imagine if our baby has your bossy personalities next time!” He said jokingly.

 

“Yah—”

 

[inaudible conversation]

 

*Door shut*