Surprise?

Back To December.

“Aren’t asleep yet?” asked Sooyoung with her half-opened eyes, still lying on her bed. It was late night, and it’d been a few days since Jessica broke off the relationship between her and GD. “Don’t you feel tired?” she asked again. This time, she closed her eyes, and her snoring sound was clearly been heard. It made Jessica wondered if it was a sleep-talk.

 

She gently took off her spectacles on the table and walked out of the room, where she met Tiffany. “What are you doing?” asked Jessica while turning the lights on.

 

“Jess! Couldn’t you just make some noises when you’re making your way here? You just scared me!” shouted Tiffany.

 

“I’m sorry then—”

 

“I just wanted to take a glass of cold water—” answered Tiffany, pouring the icy water into two glasses, one for her, while another one for Jessica.

 

“Thanks—” she zoned out again, and leaned her face against the table.

 

“What’s the problem again this time?” her best friend knew everything just by looking at her face. “Feel free to share—”

 

Jessica slightly shook her head, and her lips pouting. “If there isn’t anything, go back to bed, cause I’m going to—” answered Tiffany. “You’re—still thinking about that thing that happened earlier?” she stated the point.

 

“I just feel—guilty, Tiff.” She answered honestly. “I think somehow, I should be the one who gets hurt that deeply instead of him—he’s just another innocent—good brother—the one who will always be there when I need someone—”

 

“Listen Jess—” Tiffany turned her shoulder, “What comes around goes around. You can’t turn back time to force yourself to be in love with him, or to redo things. There isn’t a time machine in this world—So for now, you should see Jiyong oppa as an oppa that really cares for you—stop putting blame on yourself. Relationships are selfish. There’s no selflessness in relationships, isn’t it? Appreciate the time you have with Donghae oppa—he’s the one for you right now—”

 

/

 

Although they weren’t meant to be couples, but Jessica and GD had maintained a good friendship ever since then. Her relationship with Donghae was only revealed to some close friends, the girls, the managers, and SM’s staffs. Since Donghae had a positive image and a good background, the president of the agency didn’t disagree about it, but the only requirement was to try to keep it away from public as possible as they could.

 

Run Devil Run was another hit in the music industry and it proved that the girls had a certain firm position in their careers. No matter how less time they had for each other, Donghae and Jessica always spent it usefully, texts, calls, video calls, to keep each other on tracks. They’d been both tolerating since their occupations weren’t the same.

/

 

“Do I have any meetings later?” Donghae asked his assistant while facing down, signing another file of contract.

 

“No sir—”

 

He picked up his Blackberry phone and grinned as his wallpaper was no other than his beloved girl, Jessica. He glanced at his Swatch watch and glanced up, “Drive me to the studio.”

 

/

 

Jessica and the girls were taking turns to take pictures for SPAO. Showing various kinds of cuteness and iness in different outfits, the girls absolutely pulled of stunning images that amazed the photographers and staffs.

 

When Donghae arrived, he quietly stood aside and observed them; not until the clothing line’s manager and the girls’ manager walked over and had a chat with him. When it was Jessica’s turn, Donghae couldn’t help but fixed his eyes on her while conversing with the elders. She was posing with a chic look in a pair of skinny jeans with high heels. How hot.

 

Just as he thought she didn’t know his existence in that studio, she had already noticed him. But to keep a sense of responsibility and profession, she pretended not to look at him. “Thanks girls—you guys have done a great job today.” “Neh kamsahamnida!”

 

Without Donghae’s realization, the girls had already returned from the restrooms with casual clothes on. He excused himself when he found them out of his sight.

 

“Who are you searching?” ask Jessica with a giggle while she patted his shoulder with her fingertips, causing him to turn around.

 

“You—” he pulled her into his arm. When they retracted from position, “You didn’t eat yesterday, did you?” he asked with concern. “Mwuh?”

 

“Your waist—had gone smaller—” he chuckled at the end when she saw Jessica’s poker face. “Don’t try to use this way to force me to eat more and turn me into a piglet.” she said. “Even if you do, you’re still the cutest what—”

 

“Stop pre—” her words were cut off by her ringing tone. “Ahh Jiyong oppa—” When Jessica said this sentence, she tilted her head over and studied Donghae’s face expression, jealousy.

 

“Neh—Congratulations!”

 

“Hmm? For what?”

 

“For you guys’ latest song duh—we’ve been busy in Japan over the week and just returned back to Seoul hours ago. By the way—is your boy right beside you?”

 

“Yes—” she answered with a smirk.

 

“You should have told me earlier—anyway, I have to go now too—take care Sica!”

 

“Mwuh? Just a short conversation with your Jiyong oppa?” Donghae asked bitterly. “You guys should talk more—”

 

“Ya, maybe we should really meet up someday—” answered Jessica. She loved seeing his jealousy face, for her, he was the cutest when he had that look on. “Movies—dinner—”

 

“Yah! You know I’m just kidding right?” he asked anxiously. “I’m NOT—” he hugged her tightly and continued “going to let you meet him up!” he said in a childish tone, despite his cool look with a tidy suit on.

 

“Uh-hem—” the girls teasingly coughed when they saw them being cheesy together. “You guys should find some places to have sweet moments—” said Sooyoung.

 

“Ahh—” Donghae shyly brushed his back hair, “Any schedule later?”

 

“Nope—we’ll be completely free for the next two days before we started our upcoming album’s recordings—” answered Taeyeon. “Wae? You wanna give us a free ride home?” she asked. Since they were in the same age and were schoolmates before, the girls usually spoke informally with him. “Sure—why not?”

 

The girls were making noises as usual, they laid their heads with relaxation since they had big spaces in the Mercedes Benz Limo. “Yah oppa—you should really come to our working places everyday and drive us back everyday—” Yuri joked. “Of course I can—if only I’m free—” he answered back with a smile.

 

Donghae talked on his phone all the way back. Jessica laid her head on his shoulder while interlocking her fingers with his. Since Donghae was discussing things so happily, she didn’t bother to hear what it was about. Time to time, he still wasn’t hanging his phone yet. Jessica slowly unbinded the clutch and looked out of the window.

 

/

 

“Thanks oppa—” the girls happily walked towards the elevator. “Bye—” Jessica coldly said before catching up with her friends. “Wait—” he gripped her wrist, “I’m sorry—”

 

“It’s okay—”

 

“Are you mad? Hmm?” he lifted her chin and looked into her eyes but she avoided the eyes contact. “No.”

 

“Aigoo my princess—” he chuckled. “You look so adorable with this face—”

 

“Thanks.”

 

“You really are furious, aren’t you?” he pinched her cheeks softly. “I wanted to keep this as a secret but guess I just have to blurt it all out since my baby is angry with me now—” he sighed.

 

“What surprise?”

 

He whispered into her ears. “Is that okay? Our manager—”

 

“That’s why I’ve been in a long talk with him and your agency just now—Things are going well so don’t worry, have a good evening with your friends and I’ll pick you up tomorrow—arraso?”

 

“Yah Sica! Come on in!”

 

“Neh!” she then turned her attention back to him, “Okay—Bye—”

 

/

 

“I’ll be away tomorrow—I’ll be back on Wednesday—” said Jessica while drying up her hair with the hair dryer. Everyone was in her room, having girl’s night talk.

 

“Wae? Where are you going?” asked Yoona.

 

“For a short vacation? That’s what he told me—”

 

“Alone? Just you and him? All night? Whole day?” asked Yuri and Tiffany, Jessica just slightly nodded her head. She looked at the mirror’s reflection and saw the girls circling up and discussing something secretly with laughter. After that, they ended it up with a loud Hi-5. What are they up to, these girls—

 

“Goodnight Sica! See you tomorrow morning!” they all rushed out her room before she could respond. “What?”