Finally

Back To December.

-A week later-

 

Krystal had been walking back and forth in front of SNSD’s practice room. They were practicing their choreography over and over again to achieve a better performance. Krystal leaned against the door frame since the door wasn’t locked, she had her eyes fixed on her newly-recognized sister, which she knew everything about the truth few days ago. Things still seemed unbelievable to her.

 

Yuri retraced herself from the girls and walked exhaustedly to the table. She gulped mouthful cold water, but something at the corner of her eye caught her attention. Someone. Krystal seemed shocked when she realized the eyes that had been focusing on her for a while now. She smiled briefly and bowed in panic before escaping from the spot.

 

“Yah Yul—why are you looking outside? There’s no one there.” interrupted Jessica, eyeing outside of the door.

 

“Sica—I think you better get out of this room and chase after your sister now—I saw her moments ago but she ran away—” Yuri looked at her and replied. “I think she has something to tell you—”

 

“Really?” Without second thought, Jessica put down her drinking bottle and began exiting the room.

 

In a distance, she saw Krystal walking slowly with her head down, facing to the ground. She wasn’t aware of Jessica’s existence, though.

 

“Hey—” she called out, placing a hand on Krystal’s shoulder, leading her to turn around. “Are you—looking for me?”

 

“I—I—” Krystal stuttered, wondering what to continue. “Uhh—no. I was actually—just walking pass by the practice room—I just got back from the uhh, restroom. Yeah, restroom.” She didn’t even know what was she saying. The restroom wasn’t even in that direction at where she pointed.

 

Jessica laughed noiselessly, witnessing her sister’s clumsiness for the first time. “Okay—” she replied shortly. There was suddenly an intense silence between them. They both tried not to have eye contacts, as they proclaimed themselves as “shy people” in front of each other.

 

“So—uhh. Wanna have some lunch together at the nearby restaurant?” offered Jessica, “The American sandwich is tasty—you should try since it’s your favorite.” She blurted out. I mean, she might not like that food anymore, Sica. She blamed herself silently.

 

“Umm—Sorry but I think I couldn’t make it—we’ll leave it for next time—bye!” Krystal excused herself, just like that. Leaving Jessica standing alone there and watching her back slowly disappeared from her sight. You should have at least said bye unnie! Pabo Krystal! You’re good with appa already but why not Sica unnie? She squatted down at the right corner which was out of Jessica’s sight and constantly knocked her forehead softly.

 

Feeling quite a sense of disappointment, Jessica turned around and headed towards the practice room to continue her daily routine. She picked up her phone that had been vibrating.

 

“Yes dad?”

 

“Hey sweetheart—Just wanted to ask, are you free tonight? Could you come home tonight for dinner? I’m at the mall now to buy some ingredients. Make sure you drop by tonight with Hae, okay?”

 

Mall. The dinner must be very important that actually “brought” her dad to the mall. Her dad seldom bought the ingredients for dinner unless there were special occasions. “Tonight?” she asked. Now she had already returned back to the practice room, and all eyes were on her as she was conversing in English. The girls immediately knew the one who she was speaking to was none other than her dad.

 

“Do we have any schedule later?” whispered Jessica to her friends. They all shook their heads in unison.

 

“Alright—I’ll be right there on time. Bye—”

 

“See you tonight—Be careful during your work—”

 

/

 

“Done—” Mr. Jung tucked his smart phone back to his denim’s pocket. “Jessie said she’ll be home tonight—”

 

“Is that really okay? I mean—” Jessica’s mum face turned worried, having deep thoughts.

 

“Don’t worry—Today is Krystal’s birthday, remember? Not more to say—” he tilted his head down and faced her, “We kind of rebuild the relationship between us, and Krystal over the week, didn’t we? By the way, both of you are moving home tonight, so we should be happy about it rather than having negative thoughts—” Mr. Jung grinned. “Okay—let’s go to the fruits section.”

 

Mr. Jung went to the restaurant everyday ever since he reunited with Krystal. Without letting Jessica knew everything, they’d been rebuilding their relationship and it actually worked out. Now, it’s just time for them to have a real, happy reunion. Once again.

 

/

 

“Your dad?” asked Tiffany.

 

“Yeah—He asked me back for dinner tonight—Weird.” Jessica murmured and started thinking, “It’s not even my birthday or his birthday today—whose could it be?”

 

“It doesn’t have to be someone’s birthday to have a father to invite his own daughter back for dinner, honey.” Taeyeon barged in.

 

“You don’t understand my dad well enough—” added Jessica.

 

“Fine Sica—let’s just assume it’s someone’s birthday.” Taeyeon simply answered. “Ok girls, back in position! Break time is over!” The leader demanded.

 

/

 

Jessica had her phone gripping tight on her hand as she headed towards Donghae’s car in front of the salon where she usually got her hair done. She sported a head of darker locks, which looked amazingly great on her.

 

Donghae gave her a smooch on her lips before starting the engine. “Looking great with the new hair color—” He patted Jessica’s thigh while his left on was on the steering gear. He hardly had his eyes off his hot wife.

 

“Watch off the cars!”

 

Donghae straightened his back and tried to focus on the road. “It kinds of hard you know—for a driver to have a hot passenger beside him. It’s dangerous.” He joked, “Maybe you should take the back seat—”

 

Jessica stared at him coolly, “It’s not funny—Hae.” Anyhow, she didn’t shot his “highness” down. Donghae was glancing at her time to time and had the cheeky smile on his face, the little-erted smile.

 

“Stop that—it sends shivers down my spine!” Jessica pretended to rub against her arms and laughed.

 

They came to traffic light and stopped. He turned towards her and starting to look into her deep eyes, “Have I told you that you look amazing?” he asked teasingly, giving off the flirty looks that he only had on her.

 

“It’s that the latest skills that you hit on other girls?”

 

Donghae rolled his eyes, “You’re kidding me right?” He paused, “I told you my eyes naturally went that way when they saw you—” He looked a little pissed over Jessica’s words. He just didn’t like it when she about the other girls.

 

“Are you pissing off?” asked Jessica, attempting to make her beau to regain his faded smile. She tapped his leather coat and tidied his tie, “Yes—You told me that I’m amazing before, like—uncountable times.” She chuckled at her own brag without being aware that Donghae’s lips were already touching hers, sensually.

 

“Glad you know that—” he whispered. Their kiss went on smoothly, completely ignoring the surroundings. Motorcyclists were peeping into his sports car and other drivers were showing off their curiosity for the couple who made out.

 

Numerous loud honks spoiled their moments. Jessica giggled and pushed Donghae’s chest, “Yah—start driving—”

 

“Aish—” he looked at the side mirror and said, “Can’t he just use another lane?”

 

/

 

“Hey dad—we’re home—” Jessica walked into her dad’s mansion and put her heels aside. She locked her fingers with Donghae’s and walked towards the dining room.

 

Her dad gave her a warm hug as soon as he saw her. He asked them to get seated while he placed plates of dishes he cooked on the table.

 

“Who’s coming over? The food amount seemed—much.” Jessica looked up and stared at her dad blankly, expecting an answer.

 

“You’ll know—” he answered and looked at the doorway. She followed his gaze and realized the two beautiful ladies standing there, looking at her. Donghae slightly gave Jessica a small push towards her mum and Krystal.

 

“It’s Krystal’s birthday today—” her dad stated, “So I decided to celebrate her birthday with her—since it’s the first time after many years. By the way—they’ve moved in.” He finished off his lines with a smile.

 

Jessica’s eyes got teary at the moment without any reason. “Mum—” she bravely called out and hugged her tightly. This time, she wasn’t being pushed away, but had been hugged even tighter. The warmth.

 

She quickly wiped her tears away before looking gently at Krystal. “Happy birthday Krystal—Sorry—unnie..I mean, I..forgot about today so I didn’t get you anything—I—”

 

“It’s okay unnie—” Krystal jumped towards Jessica’s arms and encircled her neck, “Unnie—” The words kept repeating. They never had these feelings before and they all felt the overwhelming warmth in the air.

 

Finally, they’re back to where it once was perfect.