Who are you?

Back To December.

After dinner during that night, Donghae drove Jessica home and sent her until she was in front of their dorm’s door.

 

“So—that’s it. Goodnight—” said Jessica, her hands retracting back from Donghae’s. Obviously, he wasn’t willing to.

 

“Just stay like that for a little longer—” he murmured and grinned. “By the way—are you free this Saturday night?”

 

“I’m not sure yet—why?” she brought her face closer to Donghae. “Another surprise?”

 

“You really like surprises, don’t you?” he smirked and put his hand on his hips. “Uhh—well—” he brushed his arched eyebrows and wondered how to continue his words.

 

“Mwuh? Is it that hard for you to finish up your sentence?” she chuckled. “It’s not like you—”

 

“Well just—I wanted to invite you to my house this weekend. I mean—my family’s house. It’s my mum’s birthday and we are going to hold a party—and I want you to be there.”

 

“Your mum’s? I think that’s nothing related to me—I mean, maybe she isn’t going to be that pleased if she sees that I’m there, since she doesn’t know anything about our relationship yet—”

 

“Come on sweetie—” he held her hands and pulled her over into his arm, “You’re already part of my life, and soon, you’re going to be part of my family—”

 

/

 

Once the girls reached home after work that Saturday, Jessica rushed herself into her room and caused the bed to be in an extreme mess.

 

“Yah! It’s not only just your room—stop creating all this mess!” yelled Sooyoung with a slice of pizza on her hand.

 

“What’s wrong?” the girls gathered in the doorway.

 

Jessica stood in front of her closet, knowing she had absolutely nothing to wear. Even she was going to be at the so-called-birthday-party, which she still wasn’t certain about—she didn’t have anything remotely appropriate. Don’t get her wrong, she had branded clothes inside, jeans, and everything she liked, but she just couldn’t find anything that was suitable for the party. She needed something to impress the elders. It’s not like it’s a party for the young ones.

 

She really didn’t understand why Donghae wanted her to join. Even if she found a way to look presentable, it wasn’t as though she’d have anyone that she knew to talk to.

 

“Save me, Tiff!” she screamed and threw herself onto the bed which was full of clothes that scattered around. “I don’t know what to wear—” she closed her face with her palms and shook her head.

 

“Didn’t we just go shopping together last week? Just wear that dress—” answered Tiffany.

 

“Girl, you have the most shirts and dresses among us—now you’re telling us that you don’t have anything to wear? Is that a joke or something?” said Yuri.

 

“Ahh!”

 

“Just wear what you’re wearing now—” teased Hyoyeon.

 

She looked down,a plain white tee shirt and a skinny jeans. “It’s not like I can wear like that to the party okay—”

 

“Grr—let’s go.” Yuri, Yoona, Sooyoung, and Tiffany motioned towards her and dragged her to Tiffany’s room.

 

/

 

Jessica stared at herself, hardly able to recognize the image in the mirror. The girls had spent quite a long time, trying on pretty much every appropriate gown they owned, walking back and forth from each other’s room in various pairs of high heels, and sitting in front of the make-up table, attempting to make the ice princess to look perfectly fine.

 

“Your phone’s vibrating Sica—” said Sunny. She walked over the table where the girls were at and passed her the phone. “Stunning.”

 

“Of course—do you see who are the ones who are helping her with all these?” the girls jokingly claimed. “Yah excuse us—” Yuri naughtily pushed Sunny aside.

 

“Ish!”

 

Princess Jung, I’ll ask my driver to pick you up at 7 okay? I’m sorry that I’m unable to pick you up by myself—sorry! I’ll buy you whatever you want if you’re mad—heh. See ya tonight!

 

“Ahh can I not go?” asked Jessica suddenly. “I’m really nervous!”

 

“What are you talking about? If you don’t feel like going you shouldn’t have promised him at the first place—” Tiffany picked up the mascara and continued, “You’re almost done—so calm your nerves down and sit still.”

 

Yoona on the other side had filed and painted Jessica’s nails. Jessica didn’t make a single move since she wasn’t allowed to. Half an hour later, the girls led her to the living room as if she was the bride of the day. She looked pretty good, she had to admit it. Taeyeon was reading her fashion magazine, Seohyun was revising for her college exam, Sunny and Hyoyeon were watching the previous shows. They did visible double takes when they all looked up.

 

“Wonderful—”

 

“With this look on, you’ll be able to impress his mum—relax—hwaiting!”

 

“I really hope so—” she sniffed. She slipped into her heels on the way out the door and headed down to the lobby with her friends.

 

“Hwaiting Sica!”

 

“Don’t be a sleepy head once you reach there!”

 

/

 

She was pulling through the gates of the Lee estate after a long ride, her heart racing, and her hands shaking. There was an ID-checking in front of the estate, and everything seemed so—huge, so important, as if nothing was allowed to go wrong. “Pabo Sica, she’s the president of the conglomerate—” she reminded herself. She had to admit the fact that the place was spectacular; it was the very first time for her to step into Donghae’s house. Although her dad owned a mansion too, but Donghae’s was clearly times larger and more spacious than hers. Flowers on the pathway, hedge was trimmed to perfection. Finally, they made the way to the central roundabout, where she stared blankly at the house. Eventually, the driver who didn’t speak a word swung open her door and offered his hand to help her out. “Miss—sir is waiting for you inside—you may go in now—” he then bowed a little in order to lead her inside.

 

During that time, the stars were already twinkling above the sky, and the lights were all on, making the estate more glamorous. Guests were walking up the stairway, dinner dress, suits. She gritted her teeth and stepped out of the car. “Lee Donghae, where are you!” She wanted to scream.

 

She adjusted her dress, taking deep breaths. She made her way up the steps toward the door that she eventually knocked onto someone. “I’m sorry—” she nervously apologized and glanced up. Although he was suited up like usual, but there was still this charisma that he gave off that she couldn’t stand. For a long time, Donghae was just staring at her in the extended silence. The butterflies in her stomach began to annoy her and she thought she did something wrong, or maybe wore something that was against their family’s tradition.

 

“You look—awesome.” he said, “But just a little too—stiff. Are you that nervous?”

 

“Stop teasing me.” Jessica said firmly but not in a loud voice, this wasn’t the place that she could be that casual with her boy, “Am I really that stiff?” she couldn’t help but asked.

 

“Is it too simple or like—maybe—just the elders wouldn’t like girls to fit this kind of dress on?”

 

Donghae stepped forward and wrapped his hands on her hips, “Of course not—my mum wouldn’t mind. Anyway—this white dress just perfectly suits you—” She reached up and straightened his collar, “You don’t look that bad as well—at least today you did comb your hair.”

 

As they were wondering round the grounds, Jessica was startled, and held back Donghae a little. The crowd was even more than she’d expected. “It’s just—business partners—” Donghae explained to her. “Don’t worry—I’ll always be by your side—”

Aside from him, she knew no one.

 

And there was a sudden applause from everyone, causing Jessica to turn around and noticed a woman in her early 50s, walking down the steps carefully in a formal, dinner dress. “Who’s that?” she whispered into Donghae’s ears. “My mum—your future mum, too—” he answered. “I’m not in that type of mood to joke around with you—” she inhaled again as the music began to play, and the guests started their dance with their partners. It was the first time for to attend a party like this, in the high society environment, which made her felt uncomfortable. Although her dad was like one of them too, attending these kind of dinner very often, but he had never brought Jessica along.

 

She realized the woman kept eyeing on them as she was talking with her….friends? She supposed. “Are you okay?” asked Donghae. “Yeah—”

 

A while later, Donghae’s mum walked towards their direction and put her hand on her son’s shoulder. He turned and gave a hug. “Happy birthday mum—”

 

“This is—” his mum questioned, her gaze had made Jessica’s blood rushing, heart pounding. “Jessica—the one that I mentioned to you before—”

 

“Hi aunty, I’m—Jessica.” she offered a hand shake and bowed. To her surprise, the woman wasn’t that fierce as she thought. She replied her with a smile, “Nice to meet you here—Hae had been mentioning a lot about you lately—Enjoy yourself tonight—” Jessica nodded politely. His mum then turned her attention to Donghae, “Serve her well—”

 

/

 

Throughout the dinner, Donghae had been pulling her around, keeping her beside him since he knew she didn’t have anyone to talk to. He felt great when the elders praised his girl’s beauty, and the astonish look they had when they found out she was from the famous girl’s group.

 

“You owe me something—” Jessica heard him whisper while she was just glancing around. Turning to the side, she was struck anew by how hot he was. A sudden thought disturbed her mind, did anyone else think that way too?

 

“Donghae oppa!” they both turned their heads back once they heard that unfamiliar scream. Before they could even response, the girl had already wrapped her arms around Donghae.

 

P.S/ do leave some comments please :)